[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Directing Dr Strange... GUYS! i have a horrible feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
>Directing Dr Strange...
GUYS! i have a horrible feeling about this...
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/162653778/?search=Scott%20Derr check out the ratings for the movies he directed...
Even Snyder has better ratings...
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/364641829/?search=Zack
>>
Implying the directors hired by Marvel Studios have much of a say at all on how the film is made. They are there almost entirely to observe and make a few suggestions here and there, Joss Whedon being a bit of an exception
>>
>>67661224
watch them
>>
if Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel studios, is producing a film, he's essentially directing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Feige

look at his filmography
>>
>>67661612
I dont agree, add James Gunn in any social network to see it yourself. Also, try to compare how their non-marvel films are similar to their marvel films, id say Peyton Reed is a great example.
>>
>>67661224
>This Is Feige's Favorite character
This movie has literally zero chance of being bad
>>
>>67661224
This is why BvS tanked and Marvel succeeds. Marvel plants low expectations in their viral marketing (check the archives)
>>
>>67661224

Don't worry, people directing Marvel movies are just names. It's a Marvel committee that decides whatever happens in those movies.
>>
File: DCmode.jpg (55 KB, 480x562) Image search: [Google]
DCmode.jpg
55 KB, 480x562
>>67661612
>>67661727
Don't bother, probably just another DCuck crying over BvS
>>
no worries disney will just pay them off
>>
There's a reason why Marvel hires TV directors
>>
File: The-Room.jpg (100 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
The-Room.jpg
100 KB, 640x359
>>67661224
>Ignoring the fact that Marvel can somehow magically get bad directors to make good films
Even Tommy Wiseau could direct an MCU blockbuster that would be praised by critics and audiences alike.
>>
its pretty obvious the studio is meddling with their work

Peyton Reed did shit comedies and was brought on to make Edgar Wright's script more in place with the MCU
Russos did You Me and Dupree and you can't even tell it was theirs after Winter Soldier
>>
>>67661727
James Gunn is actually probably the last original voice Marvel has as a director, and is only kept on now due to the success of the movie at pandering to the less pro-formula fans who feel like Guardians is their niche quirk film in the marvel superhero universe. Muh tropes, muh subversion, muh unconventional, etc.
>>
>>67661727
Explain why Edgar Wright got fired for "creative differences"
>>
>>67661224
>Horror director directing doctor strange
Even if he fucks it up its not like fucking up a movie where your two main flagship superheros fight
>>
I'm not as worried about it being bad as I am it being generic...Dr Strange's story is almost identical to Iron Man's, down to the same facial hair, just swap tech-suits for magic.
>>
>>67661937
He was taking too damn long.
>>
>>67662088
*he wasn't being a studio cuck
>>
Doctor Strange is something Feige has wanted to do for a long time, even more than Ant-man. So they will put more effort.
>>
>>67662058

It's going to be like every other Marvel origin story in the cinematic universe. They can't afford to "lose" the casual crowd when going deep with magic and fantastical elements, so the movie is going to be extremely safe. Also, they're fostering Cumberbatch to be the next Tony Stark, since Robert Downey Jr. is extremely expensive and his contract ends after Infinity War 2.
>>
It doesn't matter the directors past, look at the Russo's and Peyton Reed, Marvel is the one film company that actually brings the best out of every director that goes through them.
>>
>>67662167
Nah, he was stalling the movie for years and being an arse.
>>
>horror director

Interesting. We could use more horror capeshit.
>>
>>67662212
They've said it's not an origin story and Dr. Strange will be already familiar with magic and all of that, very close to be S.Supreme.
>>
>>67661835

hahahah great story anon
>>
>>67662319

>PG-13 or less
>"horror"

Yeah, right

>>67662376

It's impossible for it not to have some kind of origin. It's literally the first time the character will appear in live action.
>>
>>67661224
don't fret OP, he's just a patsy
>>
>>67661730
Wait Dr. Strange has fans?
>>
>>67662459
Yep, all three of them are very excited
>>
Wow, this sucks ass. Was quite looking forward to seeing Doc Strange adapted, but not with a director this shitty.
>>
>>67662524
don't worry he's just attached on so they can market the movie, he won't have any control
>>
>>67662416
Flashbacks anon.
>>
All Marvel movies are exactly the same no matter who the director is.
>>
sinister is one of the shittiest mainstream films of all time
>>
>>67662600
sure thing buddy
>>
>>67661937
He didn't want to tell the story based around the MCU, he wanted it to be more stand alone.
>>
And it's the writer of The Amazing Spiderman.
>>
>>67661702
this Kevin is the reason why the MCU is doing so well and given that it's his favorite character there is no way it will get poor reviews
>>
File: BuffGibson.jpg (107 KB, 634x711) Image search: [Google]
BuffGibson.jpg
107 KB, 634x711
If I see one more shitty capeshit thread I'll beat all your asses
>>
>>67662641
Can't deny the movie would've been a lot more original and funnier with Edgar directing. The movie was pretty fucking bland, not bad but nothing special.
>>
>>67661224
Found footage Dr. strange confirmed
>>
>>67662728
Thanks mel
>>
>>67661224
Oh my god, the Snydertards are losing their minds.
>>
>>67662565
>Flashbacks
Hmm, just like The Shadow?
They can shoot it like that and it will work.
>>
>>67662641
But GOTG is in the MCU, yet it looks like an standalone movie. Are the ones at Marvel idiots?
>>
>>67662416
>PG-13 or less
>"horror"
They can make Dr Strange scenes lighthearted and the ones focusing on the dark dimension and the villain trippy and scary.
>>
>>67664770
>looks like an standalone movie
B-but Howard the Duck!
>>
Not even a DCuck, but Marvel hires always hires yes-man directors with no distinctive style that they can control. Joss Whedon and James Gunn have distinctive writing styles, not directing styles. Basically they just need guys who know HOW to direct, but not anybody who excels or have a vision that could potentially clash with their own.
>>
>>67664842
The secret of success.
>>
>>67664842
>Joss Whedon and James Gunn have distinctive writing styles

that's because they actually wrote their movies; Winter Soldier wasn't written by the Russos, Ant-Man was still based off Wright's screenplay
>>
>>67662167
He stalled the movie for almost a decade.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.