[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the UK version worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: TheOfficeUKcast.jpg (54 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
TheOfficeUKcast.jpg
54 KB, 333x250
Is the UK version worth watching?
>>
Yes, and there are only 14 episodes.
>>
>>67659344
If you like British humor
>>
>>67659407
cool, i'll give it a shot

>>67659417
alright i hear this term being tossed around a lot, but could someone fill me in on what british humor really is? i know that it has a tendency to have a lot of slapstick and deadpan humor, and is 'quirky' so to say... maybe that's not the best word. could you elaborate?
>>
>>67659344
It depends

If you've already watched the American office there's no point since they reuse all the jokes that the British one had
>>
it's superior in every way
>>
Yes. you could marathon it on a lazy sunday. It's really good.
>>
If you like the american version then yes. Even if you didn't like the american version its still worth checking out.

I'd always catch stray episodes of the american version on TV but I never was interested. Then one day I decided to try and watch the UK version and ended up watching the whole series in a couple days.

But like someone already mentioned, the american version uses all of the jokes present in the UK version so it might just be a waste of your time.
>>
File: Future.jpg (75 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Future.jpg
75 KB, 620x387
>>67659344
If you like sharia
>>
>>67659829
/pol/ please go
>>
>>67659491
office UK is definitely not slapstick or quirky

it's a lot more grounded in reality than american office, and there are quite a lot of cringe moments
>>
>>67659344
No. It's basically the first season of the American one. You know the season no one likes? It's like that.
>>
>>67659491
British humor is more satirical and self deprecated, with mostly deadpan delivery. From what I've heard, the UK version of the Office gets more of it's humor from satirizing reality shows and social interactions, with more awkwardness than the US version. The US version was similar in style at first, but then it kinda developed into it's own thing.

I've never seen the UK version, but I would still recommend it if you enjoyed the US version.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxZh3XMna20
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.