[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best show on television right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
Best show on television right now
>>
What was that, Mr. Fuhrman?
>>
>>67639419
n-n-nigg-uh, nothing haha
>>
Most impressed by Travolta, knew he could act but he took a lot of risks portraying Shapiro the way he did, and it's certainly working out for him
>>
>>67639447
Doesn't get much screentime after episode 3 iirc

Cuba gets nothing, don't see why they even cast him
>>
Why did The Führman plead the fifth if he hadn't planted or manufactured any evidence?
>>
>>67639447
Who the hell types like this

The guy who plays Cochran and Paulson are stealing the show 2bh
>>
>>67640091
He was probably told by his lawyer to plead the fifth on everything

If he would have answered that he didn't plant evidence they would just press him on his tape confessions and make him look like he perjured
>>
>>67640091
Didn't want to dig himself into a bigger hole
>>
>>67640118
>stealing
Wouldn't use that term, they're clearly the main characters
>>
>>67640091
his lawyer/LAPD-lawyer probably told him to plead the fifth on everything. In real life the lawyer was beside him whispering in his ear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isDPecYKEjM
>>
>>67640118
Vance is GOAT as Cochran but I'm even more impressed by Sarah Paulson. Seen her crop up in a lot of bit parts (Deadwood, 12 Years, Carol, etc) but her Marcia Clark is the year's best performance so far desu family
>>
>>67640461
Honestly, everyone's good. Who is the weakest member of the main cast? Everyone's showing up
>>
>>67640568
Cuba Gooding jrs take on the character is terrible, like an overgrown child

Guy who plays Darden is weak in spots
>>
>>67640781
I like Cuba's take. How else is he supposed to play OJ? Dark and brooding? He's a pampered professional athlete who got very mad and killed two people, and simply thinks telling everyone he shouldn't do it is sufficient enough.

Darden's actor is great, goes toe-to-toe with Johnny and does a great job battling the inner conflict of being a black man against OJ.

If anyone's the weakest link in the cast, it's Nathan Lane tbf. He brings little to the role.
>>
>>67639391
OJ did it you faggots.
>>
>>67640855
Well Lane is doing a Cuba, he's overplaying the character in a way that at least I find somewhat distracting
>>
>>67640855
>goes toe-to-toe with Johnny
and gets knocked out every time, he always comes across as being unsure of himself in everything he does
>>
Gilligan's Island is the greatest television show of all time and it airs on metv which means it's on television right now, which means you're wrong
>>
>>67640855
>How else is he supposed to play OJ? Dark and brooding? He's a pampered professional athlete who got very mad and killed two people, and simply thinks telling everyone he shouldn't do it is sufficient enough.
I don't know but it's just silly, OJ is coming across as genuinely stupid
>>
>>67640933
Lane is playing the character like a hammy Broadway role. There's nothing deep about his character, no hidden motivations or subtle nuances that point to a more complex person. Pretty much everyone else brings that.

>>67640946
That's the point. Johnny is a vastly superior trial lawyer when compared to Darden. Johnny and Darden shouldn't be equals, and Darden lets Johnny play on his emotions the exact same way Johnny plays on the emotions of the jury.

>>67640990
He is kind of stupid. He's a professional athlete, not anything that requires intelligence. More than that, he's a privileged professional athlete that's been pampered since his college days at USC. Like everyone else, Cuba is exploring the character more than a simple "I killed people I'm evil grrr", but also not making him an innocent victim
>>
>>67641071
>He is kind of stupid. He's a professional athlete, not anything that requires intelligence. More than that, he's a privileged professional athlete that's been pampered since his college days at USC. Like everyone else, Cuba is exploring the character more than a simple "I killed people I'm evil grrr", but also not making him an innocent victim
Fine, then I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't it believable that he lacks so much self-awareness
>>
>>67640568
Paulson, Vance and Travolta are the top tier but like you said, everyone's good.

Cuba and Schwimmer are probably the weakest. Let it be noted that Schwimmer is still doing a good job and I like this incarnation of OJ as a pompous, egotistical child blind to the racial complexities surrounding the trial and his assimilation into the white elite. It'll only make it more frustrating to see him get off.

I also really, really appreciate seeing Bert Cooper crop up now and again as the journalist.
>>
>>67640461
Shall I take off my watch and jewelry?
>>
File: dardindu.png (449 KB, 696x920) Image search: [Google]
dardindu.png
449 KB, 696x920
>I TOLD YOU TO NOT USE FUHRMAN! I TOLD YOU BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN
and she told you to not make OJ try the gloves stop whining you stupid fucking baby
>>
File: sadbear.jpg (503 KB, 1629x916) Image search: [Google]
sadbear.jpg
503 KB, 1629x916
>tfw born in mid 90's europe
>you will never follow the oj-trial in real time
>>
>>67641583
What did she mean by that?

>>67641589
He admitted he fucked up though
>>
This show is hammy, hokey, and extremely thin. It's literally a Wikipedia interpretation of the trial.
>>
>>67641679
but it's fun
>>
File: Christopher-Darden-.jpg (13 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
Christopher-Darden-.jpg
13 KB, 400x293
JUST
>>
>>67641589
That's not the main reason that he was so upset at that moment. Sure, both he and Marcia have made mistakes. But Cochran is portraying him to be an Uncle Tom and the Fuhrman mess just underlined that assertion.
>>
>>67641071
>That's the point. Johnny is a vastly superior trial lawyer when compared to Darden. Johnny and Darden shouldn't be equals, and Darden lets Johnny play on his emotions the exact same way Johnny plays on the emotions of the jury.
He comes across as weak and unsure of himself when he's simply questioning his own witnesses too
>>
>>67641800
He is weak. He is unsure of himself.

He was assigned the case because they wanted a black man as part of the prosecution team. Now granted, he was the best available black man considering the circumstances, but still the show is making a point that him and Marcia, despite the overwhelming evidence on their side, are both too stubborn to outplay Johnny.

If we didn't already know the outcome, and this were a fictional story, Marcia and Darden wouldn't have these flaws. They'd both be super-lawyers, always making the big point and matching up with Johnny every step of the way.

But that didn't happen. Rich-ass OJ bought himself the best lawyers money can buy and Marcia/Darden are the random European Country that has to go up against the USA Dream Team of Jordan/Magic/Bird/etc. They aren't bad lawyers, they're just severely unmatched and able to be manipulated by Johnny.
>>
What's the point of this show when we all know he did it? At least with the Steven Avery one there is some doubt. This show looks like a waste of time.
>>
File: 960 (1).jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960 (1).jpg
46 KB, 960x540
Fuhrman on the tapes sounds like straight out from a Scorsese movie
>>
>>67642114
>we all know he did it?
in your opinion
>>
>>67642114
You're pretty fucking simple.
>>
>>67642114
It's not a show about the mystery of who did it. It's showing the circus and what the world was like during the OJ trial. It's such a ridiculous story that it'd be too unrealistic to make into a show if it didn't actually happen.
>>
>>67642114
uh, how about watching the spectacle unfold, experiencing the trial from the 'inside'
>>
>>67642114
You haven't watched any of the show, have you?

It's not some law and order episode where at the very end there's a shocking twist and we find out OJ did it. It's an examination of the trial, and how OJ's defense team let such an obvious murderer walk free.
>>
>>67642154
I didn't get in what situation those were recorded, like a LAPD feedback-session or what?
>>
How is a nigger getting away with murder worthy of an entire series?
>>
>>67642345
>c.u.c.k.
>>
>>67642294
that hack screenwriter played by the chick from Wet Hot American Summer, she was writing a screenplay about the real life LAPD and Fuhrman sat down with her to give her info on what being a cop is really like.

Fuhrman I guess felt comfortable with her and thought the tapes would be confidential, and he was talking to a white girl, so he let the racist flag fly and talked all that shit, never thinking it would come back in a deposition.

Keep in mind this was early-90s Los Angeles, around the time of the Rodney King riots and "Fuck the Police", where white police officers HATED blacks
>>
>>67642420
All right, thanks
>>
>>67642278
And everyone already knows what happened
>>
>>67642345
have you been watching it, it's easily the best thing on television
>>
>>67642420
>Keep in mind this was early-90s Los Angeles, around the time of the Rodney King riots and "Fuck the Police", where white police officers HATED blacks
and all of that was in response to the Rodney King beatings and all the other shit the LAPD were doing
>>
>>67642487
No, everyone knows he walked
>>
>>67642420
that chick wasn't white and she started recording him in 1985
>>
>>67642521
LAPD hates black people because black people keep niggering things up
and black people keep doing that because LAPD hates black people
>>
thought about trying to get /tv/ to talk about this, i'm surprised by the little racism and cuckoldry posts
it is legitimately the best show on television right now. the best part is that it's deadly accurate, too
>>
Wonder what the budget is considering they got quite a few decent actors
>>
>>67642674
the show is so good that people doesn't bother meme:ing about race to make the discussions entertaining
>>
>>67642714
Almost every actor is either a character actor trying to reach that next level (Paulson, Vance) or a former star whose roles have washed up (Travolta, Schwimmer, Gooding)
>>
>>67642674
yes it is the best show right now... however i just cant get past the feelling that at every scene the characters will start to dance and sing whils a liza minelli look alike comes into the set and everyone dances...

I just cant get it out of my head...
>>
>>67641616
At least you've been to young to watch 9/11 on air and understand anything.
>>
>>67642751
They can still command decent wages, that's what's keeping them off doing a single episode of NCIS or something
>>
>>67640855
WHY DON'T YOU BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS, OP?
>>
>>67642800
barely but yeah I think I saw the second plane hit live
>>
File: 1439048900994s.jpg (7 KB, 249x212) Image search: [Google]
1439048900994s.jpg
7 KB, 249x212
>>67639391
>mfw in my shithole they translated this show to "Todos contra O.J. Simpson" (everyone vs O.J. Simpson)
>>
File: 13e.jpg (39 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
13e.jpg
39 KB, 601x601
>>67642674
>best show on television
>>
>>67642800
Glorious
>>
Cochran, Dershowitz, and Shapiro are brilliant

So you literally can get away with anything with the right lawyers
>>
>>67644227
You can get away with anything if you have the right defense.

They did everything to plant reasonable doubt in the jury, not if OJ did it but if OJ was framed.

This was also like the perfect storm of everything going right for OJ to get off. Would never happen today.
>>
>>67644227
The prosecution fucked up
None of them were even trial lawyers besides the short one
>>
>>67644673
>the short one
Baily?
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.