[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a television show on par with this? just watched the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Is there a television show on par with this?

just watched the finale and i feel like im missing something from my life.
>>
>>67639190
There is spin of called Adventures of Toby the Scranton Strangler.
>>
curb, larry sanders, parks and rec
>>
If you made it to the end, that was like watching an elderly grandparent die from Althzeimers. The last season was zombie-Simpsons-tier.
>>
>>67641096
I agree, but even seasons 7-9 I found comfy as shit. I like when a show I originally love turns lovably shitty for a few seasons, really jumps into love-to-hate territory
>>
didnt pam and jim have a big fight or something? i just got done watching season 2-6, dont really wanna watch them have a rough times and shit. Did it get resolved?
>>
>>67639190
The early seasons were god-tier comedy television
>>
I think I've gone through the entire Office series twice. Really was a great show, good amount of humor and heart. Scrubs is alot like thst too
>>
>>67639190
Yeah I know that feel, like you're genuinely depressed because you don't have this show to watch anymore and you want to rewatch it again?
Go watch scrubs, or parks and rec is a good one.
>>
>>67641733
Just ran through The Office second time round. It and Scrubs are probably my two favourite American comedy series. Not sure how Scrubs is like it though. I guess they both have a tendency to get serious and faux-deep at times despite generally being silly comedies.
>>
Community
>>
That's how I feel about futurama. That show got me through some stuff.
>>
Bob's Burgers
>>
>>67639190
First 5-6 seasons were genuinely laugh out loud funny for me. Virtually no other show has that effect on me
>>
Arrested Development
Parks & Rec
Community
Neon Genesis:Evangelion
Spaceballs: the Animated Series
>>
>>67639190
King of The Hill, Greg Daniels' other great TV show has a really similar feel.

The setting/premise/characters are as different from the office as you could get, but that sense that it's all a loving celebration of middle-American mediocrity and the touching hilarity that it can cause is there in spades.

I'd argue that Greg Daniels and his eye for that stuff is exactly why the American Office ended up utterly curb-stomping Gervais' original, at least for the first 5-6 seasons.
>>
>>67639190
wait a few months and rewatch it. You'll have forgotten 99% of the funny bits. I'm on my third watch right now.
>>
>>67641870
for me, the show that gives me that feeling is Friday Night Lights
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.