[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of the trial? They would find him guilty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 17
File: 1431897149781390.jpg (60 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
1431897149781390.jpg
60 KB, 800x451
What was the point of the trial?

They would find him guilty and lock him up - a superhuman extraterrestrial?
>>
Was he fined for billions of property damage his caused?
>>
>>67636969
It wasn't a trial
>>
>>67636969
Wasn't a trial. It was a hearing, so the government could point out that he did some dumbshit, should do shit better, and they want to know he'll be accountable to the government in the future for what he does. That's part of why he's so pissed at himself for not noticing the bomb. He was being lectured to about not earning the trust of the government/people, and failed at an opportunity to help turn that perception around.
>>
>>67636969
This scene really was well done. No dramatic music or anything. Just a tense atmosphere.
>>
Death by exile
>>
would they have Doomsday kill Superman at the end of the movie?
>>
How far is Snyder up his own ass to put Superman in a court room?
>>
>>67636969
I haven't seen this movie but it's hilarious that he's wearing his superman costume while on trial.
>>
>>67637510
If he wore a suit everyone would see Clark Kent and tell him to get lost
>>
Do you think Superman could tell that the jar was filled with piss?
>>
>>67637659

nah m8...he wouldn't be wearing the glasses like
>>
>>67637685
> implying he didn't put the jar of piss there

>>
They wanted to cooperate with him, the Kentucky Senator was very pro-Superman. Lex takes their chance to communicate away.
>>
>>67637510
>>67637659
>>67637714
Clark Kent being a reporter in this movie was really out of place. It would have made more sense in Man of Murder.
>>
>>67636969
It wasn't a trial... Why are you people so dumb.
>>
>>67637038
This Superman cares too much of what people think of him and not enough about preserving human life
>>
Why did Lex want everyone to hate Superman? Just because he wanted people to like him?
>>
>>67637798
The weirdest part of it is that Clark's role at the Daily Planet is unclear.

>He's an intern who's been there for a year with no prior experience
>He can completely disregard Perry's orders and publish unauthorized articles without getting fired
>Lex Luthor already knew who he was and was excited to meet both he and Bruce Wayne at the party

Is Clark a renowned star reporter like Lois, or is he just the new guy who's only there because he banged Lois Lane?
>>
>>67637981
Don't bother asking why Lex did anything in this movie. Please, just don't.

Lex Luthor had absolutely no motivation or reason for doing anything that he did. All he had was weird philosophical rants about gods and monsters and somehow that all tied in to him hating Superman.
>>
>>67637008
This. They just wanted to talk one on one in person with superman and sort things out.
>>
>>67637981
Because Lex is one of those guys that hates people that are more powerful than him who he cant control
>>
>>67637986
Say it with me : incoherent.
>>
>>67637986
>and publish unauthorized articles without getting fired
He didn't publish it iirc, the director gave him shit for submitting the rough draft
>>
>>67637986
Perry shud hav fired Clark after he didnt do that football report.
>>
>>67638049
ONE OF US ONE OF US WE ACCEPT YOU ONE OF US GOOBLE GOBBLE
>>
>>67637510
Well what else is he meant to wear? This is legit the only thing which labels him as "superman" and any other clothing would make him appear to just be an ordinary guy
>>
>>67638049
That's why he created Doomsday, right? Is that also why he prayed to an alien demon and called Darkseid to come to earth?
>>
>>67636969
I love Cavil's acting after the whole room blows up. He knows there is nothing he can do or say to prove it wasnt him who did this, as he just stands there in the flames thinking of all this mess he is in.

Really powerful.
>>
>>67636969
it wasn't a trial.
>>
>>67638017

He did. He learned that power and goodness were paradoxal thanks to his fucked-up dad and upbringing, and hated God because of it.
He also constantly tried to power over those that had power exemplified by him taking his father's company and making more profitable and important. It's also implied that he killed his own father but i hope not.

So when Superman showed up all-power and doing good deeds Lex went ape-shit and decided to ruin him and expose him as he thought Superman really was: an uncaring God.
But everything that Lex did to ruin Superman's image failed so he decided to take Superman power for himself, first by controlling Superman and forcing him to kill Batman (thus also ruining him) and later by creating his own Superman in his own image (using his blood).
When all of that backfired too he decided to do a communion with a God more of his liking: an evil God, AKA Darkseid.
>>
>>67637099
The way senator stops too as she just stares at the jar was really well done too. Done well in a way that immediately the audience knows why she looks this way at it "lex's jar of piss quote".
>>
>>67638115
Yes altho we dont know if it is darkseid.
>>
Ok so people don't know Clark Kent the reporter and Superman the super man is the same person because Clark wears glasses, but what about all those Kansas people that knew him from home? He had no glasses then. Won't they be all "HEY THAT'S THE KENT KID!! WTF IF HE HAD SUPER POWERS ALL ALONG THEN WHY DIDN'T HE SAVE HIS FATHER DURING THAT STORM ALL THOSE YEARS AGO??? WHAT A FUCKING PRICK!" when they see him on the news??
>>
>>67638160

There's also the added fact that he could have be able to stop the bombing, only if had payed attention to the legless dude in the wheelchair. But he didn't because he was ashamed to pay attention to the man.

Lex played Superman really fucking well there. He knew that Superman would try his hardest to ignore the wheelchair dude out of shame and guilt, and thus not check the wheelchair.
>>
>>67636969
I wonder if the extended cut has some more trial scenes as they go over his destruction in MoS as he tries to explain about Zod. Would be cool to watch.
>>
>>67638204
So, basically what you're saying is that Lex Luthor's an atheist and he wanted to kill Superman because he considers Superman to be proof that God exists?
>>
>>67638260
Nah all those smallville people died in MoS. No worries with that.

Haha sorry bad joke
>>
>>67638260
It's commentary about how Americans are too stupid to see through a basic disguise.
>>
File: You're psychotic.jpg (294 KB, 1562x1205) Image search: [Google]
You're psychotic.jpg
294 KB, 1562x1205
>>67638312

Yes, he's a fedora.
>>
>>67638260

Henry Cavill went out in New York and spend the whole day next to the BvS billboards and people gave no fuck to him. People don't pay attention.
>>
>>67638346
>fedora
That's a three syllable word for any thought too euphoric for plebeian minds.
>>
>>67638388
dont pay attention =/= dont recognize
>>
>>67638260
Because Superman was written in the 1940s, when being from a small town in Kansas actually was like living in the 1850s

"Being from Kansas" doesn't work in the day in age of smartphones and computers
>>
>>67638312
What.. wtf no lex doesnt think god exists due to superman existing! True lex is an atheist but he understands the knowledge of aliens and interdimensional forces - none of these which have anything to do with god existing.

Lex even says to senator, rebuking the religious myth of devils coming from underground as he says they come from the sky i.e. referring to superman so yes he considers superman one of those aliens but an alien that he wants to get rid of. So he goes into the spaceship and creates another alien using the knowledge of power and also goes back t create that satan like demon we see in the deleted scene.

He gets obsessed with the black magic.

Zack Snyder bases his movies on religious symbolism and the ancient occult of satanism, paganism etc so is easier to understand what Snyder does if u are familiar with all the faiths.
>>
>>67638283
That would actually make the extended cut worth watching so I doubt it.
>>
>>67638388
There's a difference between a regular dude playing an alien super being in a movie and an actual real life alien super being who just destroyed a big city
>>
>>67638204
With that perspective he should've been good friend with Batman
>>
>>67638388
True. Hell George Lucas walked around in Australia as u saw the image, ate by himself at a fast food place and only 1 person worked out it was him.
>>
You guys are actually making this movie sound like capekino.
>>
>>67636969
It wasn't even a trial. They were bringing him in to hear his statement on what happened in the Middle East
>>
>>67638493
Because it is senpai and will be once the extended cut is released.
>>
>>67638522
I cant stand his mother tho telling him "you dont owe this world anything" hell of course he does! I mean he has super powers that can save a whole burning village so why wud u just not do anything about?

Good that he went and helped the ppl at day of the dead festival.
>>
>>67638579

Because she's his mom, dude.
>>
>>67638398
Hahaha
>>
>>67638527
Okay, I'll trust you. I might even go see it, since I liked Man of Steel.
>>
it wasn't a trial, are you twelve?
>>
>>67636969
how does no one know his true identity?
does clark not have facebook or linkedin?

i could post my buttcheek and /b/ would have my home address within the hour
>>
File: 1459239524046.jpg (32 KB, 559x314) Image search: [Google]
1459239524046.jpg
32 KB, 559x314
>>67638610
>you liked man of steel yet u never went to see bvs
The hell dude!?? Go see it!
>>
I would love me some trial tho. With Bats coming in as the witness and shit. THAT SON OF A BITCH BROUGHT THE WAR TO US.

And then Supes getting all eye-rolly and just going 'Martha' to him over and over again.
>>
>>67638579
>the film is literally too hard for 'muh comic book' plebs to understand

It's a different take on the story bro. Next you're going to tell us that the only way Pa Kent can die is from a heart attack to teach Clark a very specific lesson and that that story can never be told a different way.
>>
>>67638686
I dont think clark ever uses a phone. No shit apps can easily track ur location esp if clark decides to use a dating app so wud be weird lol
>>
>>67638704
U just gave HISHE youtube an idea
>>
There was probably some passage in the bible where Jesus is put in front of some wise elders to answer for some shit he did. I don't actually know but this is probably true. Even when he spoke to Pa Kent in some shitty dream sequence on the mountain top was a Jesus reference.

Snyder is a fucking pleb.
>>
>>67638741
>I dont think clark ever uses a phone
>works as a reporter

hmmm
>>
>>67638722

Fuck, man. Don't remind me. It's like the people on /co/ being butthurt about Superman's portrayal because he never got the chance to speak his mind.

THE MOVIE IS ALL ABOUT PEOPLE PROJECTING A BUNCH OF HANG-UPS ON SUPERMAN AND NOT WANTING TO SEE HIS SIDE. PEOPLE JUST WANT TO HATE. Lex project his shitty upbringing on Superman, Batman sees Superman as his Moby Dick, the senator lady sees him as a threat to the country. Not even Perry wants to give him a chance. Nobody wants to listen to him. Kinda like Trump.
>>
>>67636969
it's the same thing with what they wanted to do to Tony Stark in Iron Man 2. except no one blew up the hearing Stark was in.

real missed opportunity, but such is Snyder's limitations as a storyteller. a scene where Superman talks isn't as cool as a wheelchair blowing up and Superman looking depressed(like he has looked the entire movie when he's not angry) as he is engulfed by cartoon fire.
>>
>>67637986
the point of the luthor scene was that he knew who both of them are while they don't know that he knows
"i love bringing people together"
in the end lex is what brings them together

we don't know what work experience clark has to his name or if he has any degrees etc etc
>>
>>67638788
How is Snyder making religious symbolism bad? Its unique. Thats his style. Notice no one ever says jesus in the movie but symbolic references are made in certain scenes of divine power.

Is good when it is done like that BUT never did Clarks parents say "god gave u this he loves u bla bla" that would hav made the movie bad
>>
>>67638792
>>67638741
you wouldn't get a job at the daily planet without any online presence

his fake identity would be blown within a month
>>
>>67638842
>or if he has any degrees
None. He has no degrees.

Watch Man of Steel again and seriously try to tell me that you think Clark Kent went to college and got a journalism degree for his job at the Daily Planet.
>>
>>67638818

>real missed opportunity, but such is Snyder's limitations as a storyteller.

See the above post. Nobody wanted to hear Superman's side of the story. In Iron Man 2 the scene was about the government wanting to confiscate his shit, in BvS the scene is about people wanting to crucify him. That's why Superman never have a chance to speak his mind. Because it isn't important. Nobody cares. They just want to project and hate. Lex, above everybody else, just want to ruin him.
>>
>>67638810
Trump is Jesus confirmed.
>>
>>67638842
I love that lex scene! Was greatly played with Lex knowing all about them while they are ignorant.
>>
>>67638810
Superman is not exactly making this easier with his eternal scowling and grudgy attitude.
>>
>>67638522
It was Africa
>>67638579
Well technically this world (the sun) gave him the super powers, so I guess it's right. But he doesn't owe the people of this world anything. He's an alien, from his point of view the animals have just as much the right to live here as us, so he could just kill everyone who eats meat
>>
>>67637111
Underrated post
>>
>>67638921

Dude, everybody would be frustrated and pissed. Fuck, if it was me i would sit a top a high building and never get off. People would scream for me to do something and i would simple flip them the bird.
>>
>>67638973
I guess you're right.
>>
>>67638889
Except Lex (and the writer) literally everyone in that world wants to hear what Superman have to say. Unfortunately they dont get to hear it.
>>
>>67638741
>I dont think clark ever uses a phone

Just watch Supergirl m8, he's chatting with his cousin and makes cute emoticons all the time
>>
>>67639029

Because Lex cockblocked him.
>>
>>67638889
he could make them listen. but this Superman is so devoid of charisma, I suppose it wouldn't have worked anyway.

I mean, if he can't even talk down a drunk truck driver, what chance does he have talking to a learned politician.
>>
File: World rejecting Superman.jpg (81 KB, 408x1024) Image search: [Google]
World rejecting Superman.jpg
81 KB, 408x1024
>>67639029

I think that whatever he said wouldn't change shit. People that worship him would treat his speech as a gospel and people who hate him would fine a way to twist his words. The world simple wasn't ready to accept him.
>>
I feel like Lois is gonna die down the road and Supes will go full InJUSTice.
>>
>>67639096

>she was my world..
>Lois is the key

Nah
>>
>>67638883
i've seen educated people make stranger decisions
>>
>>67639096
he'll just rewind time again like he did that other time when Lois died back in the 70s
>>
>>67639067

>but this Superman is so devoid of charisma

I can't say, but i think the fact that Superman didn't had much lines and could only emote was an intentional thing. Superman was meant to be a blank canvas people would project their views.
>>
>>67638115

>prayed to an alien demon

I guess I missed something. I thought he was just aware of Darkseid via the library on the ship. When was he praying?
>>
I love how the security is so shit at the Capitol in this movie
>>
>>67639089
>that pic

Fucking poetry
>>
>>67639197

Luthor had his ways, that's why accused almost immediately.
>>
>Take a bucket of piss and call it Granny's Peach Tea. Take a weapon of assasination and call it deterrence, you won't fool me.

That piss is Lex mocking her, and she realizes that he actually took her words literally, and he plans to bomb the place as a "method of deterrence" to turn everyone against Superman. The scene is edited masterfully, more tense than anything Nolan could've imagined in a fever dream. There's this quick cut to Luthor's empty seat, the Senator's terrified face as she realizes what's unfolding, and finally Superman sensing something is wrong but not being able to react quick enough,

It's great because if you've been paying attention you realize there's a bomb at the same time as the Senator does. Hitchcock tension 101, bomb under the dining room table. There's also the reference to the crippled guy being Lex's blade to cut the Gordian Knot of turning everyone against Superman.
>>
>>67639191
youtube video release by WB titled Communion. After doomsday is defeated Lex is in the pool talking to some alien/demon thing through the kryptonian communication balls.
>>
>>67639191
Deleted scene was released on youtube yesterday.
>>
>>67639191

He's talking to Steppenwolf, one of Darkseid's generals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>67639245

Don't forget Mercy being sacrificed and Superman not preventing the bomb because he was ashamed to face the wheelchair dude.

Luthor was pure keikaku there. Goddamn.
>>
File: cvr-sunny.jpg (119 KB, 725x1030) Image search: [Google]
cvr-sunny.jpg
119 KB, 725x1030
Whens the planned blu ray release?
>>
>>67639255
>>67639262
>>67639281

Ah, I hadn't seen it. Thanks.
>>
>>67636969
What was the point of handcuffing him in MoS?
It gives him an opportunity to demonstrate that he does not intend to be hostile towards humanity, and is willing to allow them to feel a sense of control if it softens the circumstance until they can understand it fully.
He could have told Congress to fuck off, but he respects their concerns, and showing up at least minimally conveys a sense on his part that our concerns matter to him, and offers him a formal opportunity to explain his actions to a body that almost certainly has foreign policy goals within the middle east and worries that his involvement could jeopardize them. There is nothing the hearing could do to him, but it allows an opportunity for a mutual exchange of context. Whether the movie capitalized on that opportunity or not is debatable, but even as a person who did not enjoy it, the circumstance is compelling.
>>
File: 1 e 2.png (1 MB, 1280x1067) Image search: [Google]
1 e 2.png
1 MB, 1280x1067
>>67639343
>>
>>67639040
Thats a different universe.
Snyders superman is too grim and depressed all the time to make cute emoticons
>>
>>67639392
like pottery
>>
>luthor purposely kills of mercy at a public hearing
>mercy

w-wwwentttt right over my head
>>
>>67639392

>upper image
>the focus is downward

>lower image
>the focus is upward

>Lex in the movie said that the demons come from above mirroring the focus in the image bellow

Pure fucking poetry, goddamn.
>>
>>67637003
>Was he fined for billions of property damage his caused?

THIS
>>
>>67636969
OP must not be American or he would know its Congress trying to make it look like they are doing something for the people when in reality they are just making sure their power is not threatened.
>>
>>67640033
Why? He could rebuild the entire city in a microsecond and pay benefits to all surviving family members in newly pressed diamonds
>>
>>67638398
underrated lmao
>>
>>67637885
And after he's experienced mortality (at the hand of doomsday) will be resurrected more enlightened as the Superman people have been criticising Snyder for neglecting.
I feel BvS is a reflection of the fan reaction to MoS where Batman is an allegory for the fans and their anger towards that portrayal of Superman.
>>
>>67639089
poetry

KINO
I
N
O
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 800x588) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 800x588
>>67639160
>>67639160

Superman has tons of character.

You're supposed to want to be like him, not assume he's like you.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 600x932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 600x932
>>67641050
>>67639160
>>
>>67641050

But the point of the movie...
>>
>>67638312
God damn it bro.
Lex doesn't care f god exists, he wants to overcome/prove him wrong due to his childhood epxirenece. He projects god onto Superman (like so many people in the movie do) and wants to overcome him. So he concocts a scheme to give Clark 2 choices. Either he kills Batman, and shows he is not all good, and thus not god, bending "god" to Lex's will as showing he is above him afterall. Or he Batman kills him, proving he is not all powerful, not god, and that humanity can persevere over this alien threat. Doomsday is plan B, if man (Batman) can't kill god, the Devil (Doomsday) will do it.

It's a twisted play on comic book Lex, who fears Superman means the end of humanity's progress as an evolutionary dead-end.

Of course, the movie fucked up the part where Lex goes crazy from the horrors he sees.
>>
>>67641050
>>67641083
So his 'character' is being Mr. Perfect. Very interesting.
>>
>>67638388

Considering no one liked Man of Steel and Henry Cavill 's career didn't blow up after it, I'm not surprised at all.
>>
File: wot2.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wot2.png
8 KB, 400x400
>>67640033
>>67637003
>Zod attacks city
>Superman stops him
>It's Superman's fault
>>
>>67641050
>>67641083

hurr durr it's modern Superman
>>
>>67639392
Why does the measuring tape thing behind him start at 2 instead of 1?

They making him look like he's over 6' tall then he clearly isn't
>>
>>67641050
People always talk about how Superman is a fundamentally boring character because he's so OP and boy scout. Snyder talked about how this was his main inspiration/motivation behind making Superman's arc in the DCEU so grim, to make Superman interesting. I honestly think he succeeded because everyone has just been blowing up with discussions about MoS and BvS
>>
>>67641272
>dear god that man is holding holding hostages in the bank
>I know I'll literally throw several skyscrapers full of people at the bank to get him to stop
>Wow why is it my fault people got hurt? That guy was clearing robbing that bank!
>>
>>67638854
His mother literally says something along those lines in the movie.
>>
>>67638854
Blunt symbolism is shit and appeals to normies because they once read the bible or maybe heard of jesus so they stand up in the theater and clap

On top of being blunt as all fuck he goes with religious symbolism which is the lowest hanging fruit of all
>>
>>67636969
To hide the bomb in the wheelchair you silly anon. You can do that only if you have a trial
>>
>>67641231
You're not wrong, but it does take a lot of character to be heroic and humble in that way
>>
>>67638160
Yet they still manage to fuck it up and throw the blame on Luthor. Fucking genius.
>>
>>67638204
So basically Lex's motivation is "daddy didn't love me enough".
>>
>>67641798
And "I feel impotent" in the face of an alien so powerful. He projected his fears and hate onto him and went out of his way to prove he is not god at all, neither in practice, or in theory to the people who look up to superman.
>>
>>67641751
what do you mean? No one blamed Luthor for that bombing...
>>
>>67636969
It wasn't a trial. It was a hearign where they wanted to hear the events from Superman's perspective as well as ask him several questions about his motives and past history.
>>
>>67641882
Yes they did. One of the first things we hear in the scene after the bombing is "one of the main suspects is Lex Luthor"
>>
>>67636969
Maybe he could've accepted it, like Hancock.
>>
>>67639156
How does he just rewinds time? I didn't read the comics so I'm likely missing something.
>>
>>67639331
In July
>>
File: 3570998-9526650974-27277[1].jpg (88 KB, 600x481) Image search: [Google]
3570998-9526650974-27277[1].jpg
88 KB, 600x481
>>67642002

He broke the time barrier, he did it a lot in the early silver age which is what they were going for with the Donner movies
>>
>>67641383
Superman never intentionally punches Zod through a single building. All the property damage is either Zod spazzing out or throwing Superman into it.
As far as not stopping to reflect on the damage, I guess he was too busy trying to stop Zod from shoving his fist down his throat.
I'm sure if you were in a bar fight all you attention would be to not break some beer glasses, not on the gorilla trying to collect your teeth as trophies.

And fucking hell what happened to suspension of disbelief? Property damage is a staple of superhero comics. The amount of shit Superman does in print is staggering. Yet, everybody accepts it there. But in motion? Muh 911.
We never see people in those building they fly through. Is it that hard to assume they evacuated? We are already watching a movie about flying dudes fighting. What's s magical about leaving a building that it's just too out there?

Snyder & co. were pussies to even acknowledging this bullshit in BvS.
>>
>>67641949
dude no they didn't, they said 'the suspected bomber is 'Wallace Vern Keefe'. Even though the people Superman wasn't responsible they still hated him for it, because they knew with all his power he could've stopped the bomb
>>
>>67638818
>muh Marvel

Every timr
>>
>>67641383
>things that never happened

Zod literally planned on exterminating the entire human race.
>>
>>67638279
Why would it ever cross his mind that that guy was about to blow up the building? Pretty big leap in logic. Superman is not a paranoid nut with OCD that x-rays everything before entering. and they were in the Senate. You'd think the security would've spotted something.
>>
>>67641949
>>67642094
They don't. They say the guy whit the wheelchair is a suspect.
>>
>>67641231
>So his 'character' is being Mr. Perfect.
Yes, no homo. And that's probably the most difficult thing.
>>
>>67639331

who is this?
>>
>>67641294
There's a fuckload of sand on the ground.
>>
>>67642944
i wonder if putting his head between 6 and 7 has any meaning
>>
>>67638312
Lex Luthor wanted to kill Superman 'cause he hates God and he considerate Superman as God.
>>
File: jackiechan.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
jackiechan.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>67641272
>Illegal alien settles family dispute.
>hundreds of thousands die.
>>
File: image.jpg (716 KB, 1024x1560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
716 KB, 1024x1560
>Batman throws a loaded huge crate OVERHEAD with a grapping hook rope

Okay Batman is strong but that was some Spider-Man tier shit.

Same witht e wall crawling, the fuck was that, he was moving at sonic speed.
>>
File: superkek.jpg (28 KB, 445x363) Image search: [Google]
superkek.jpg
28 KB, 445x363
>>67643580
>>
File: chiveada.gif (654 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
chiveada.gif
654 KB, 245x245
>>67643580
>Superman: Do...do you like it sempai?
>>
>>67643426
>Zod willingly attacks a bunch of innocent people
>Superman steps up to protect them
>Family affairs or dispute are irrelevant as superman was: 1) defending himself against the attacks 2) defending others from said attack and doing the authorities work when it comes to protect people
>>
>>67642969
>'eees all sixes an' sevens guv'nah!
>>
>>67643426
People forget that Superman gave himself up to Zod, and he decided to attack Earth anyway.
>>
>>67644468
don't know what you're referring
i was implying that 6 and 7 may be in reference to the bible six being number of the beast, 7 being the pattern of organization in heaven
>>
>>67644723
Bongland rhyming slang.
Means he's crazy, the absolute madman.
>>
>>67642351
That's what I don't like about Superman, though. There's not much you could do with stories when your hero is perfect. Your conflict sources are very limited.
>>
>>67639392
>Being White anywhere on earth
>Being White In America
>>
>>67639245
Don't forget Lex also said "You'll be in the hotseat."

A literal Hot seat.
>>
>>67638788
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanhedrin_trial_of_Jesus
You really didn't know about this?
I understand reading the bible is pretty much out of vogue but if you're at all interested in higher film/literature I would think the basic storyline of jesus would be under your belt.
>>
File: 1452736962504.png (163 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1452736962504.png
163 KB, 360x360
>>67638398
>>
>>67641209
>Of course, the movie fucked up the part where Lex goes crazy from the horrors he sees
The only reason the movie fucked up is because from scene 1 Lex seems like an unhinged sperglord and so him "going crazier" is barely even noticeable.
He's the head of a billion dollar company yet has social anxiety? I can understand being a little spergy in private but that entire scene at his dinner party was just shit.
>>
>>67638017
That's because he isn't Lex in this movie, he is just joker from Nolan's batman who answers to the name Lex.
>>
Superman being fucking Clark Kent, a reporter in a newspaper is incredibly dumb.

Just once I wish one of these movies had the balls to retcon his secret identity into a fucking barman or something more plausible.
This motherfucker doesn't even wear a mask and the entire world know his face, but his fucking boss, a dude that stares at pictures of Superman every single day, can't tell that they are the same
>>
>>67645426
his interest in being a reporter, at least in mos and more so in bvs is for truth
he wants to use his position as a journalist in the same capacity he uses his powers as superman; to uplift those who cannot uplift themselves
'nobody cares about clark kent taking on the batman' so superman decides to take on batman instead
>>
>>67645139
the basic story of jesus is that he was hanged up on a cross, died and came back 3 days later

if you know more you're literally a fundie
>>
>>67642146
That is Wallace you fucking dip
>>
>>67639089
I think he wouldn't want to leave his wife a widow
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.