[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EisenBerg doesn't know if his Luthor will return
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 20
File: Llfront.png (437 KB, 881x568) Image search: [Google]
Llfront.png
437 KB, 881x568
http://screencrush.com/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-justice-league/

I'd be really disappointed if he doesn't return for other DC movies, I liked his Luthor. I hope it's just that he doesn't know what's going on.
>>
The producers had said he would return in JL...

Unless they are already changing plans desperately and cut him off since he was mostly disliked even by people who liked the movoe
>>
Making lex seem like a crazy loon was one of the killers for me
>>
DING
>>
>>67622653

If DC has any sense, they will keep him out.

"Lex Luthor" in this movie was terrible and barely resembled the character outside of the fact that he hates Superman.
>>
>>67623052
>The producers had said he would return in JL...
Sauce? If it was long ago, it might be outdated, if it was sooner, Eisenberg might be trying to hide details.
>>
>>67623168
He didn't resemble Luthor in any way but his performance was still good. I'd love for him to come back.
>>
BOYS
>>
>>67623168
This. They should have made him a different character. This is not like Lex at all. Lex doesnt act like this in any of the other earths.
>>
>>67623220
He has to come back since Darkseid was using him as an agent. The only reason they wouldn't is if they pussy out because of the reviews.
>>
>>67623171
It was actually Terrio, he said he would be in JL but different, after the events of BvS

It was a few months ago

Not abçe to search the source now
>>
>>67623276
I hope they do
>>
>>67623266

MMM
>>
he will come back. probably with a different attitude after the events of the movie
>>
>Snyder fucks up the character
>boohoo it's the jewboy's fault
Honestly guys?
>>
The point of utilizing Lex's character like this was to take by far the most iconic supremely human villain out of DC's lineup and characterize him as the carrier of the anti-thesis against Superman

With Superman's death at the end of this movie, it indubitably proves his thesis wrong. Him appearing further on is unnecessary.
>>
>>67623341
Except Superman is coming back to life in the next movie.
>>
I boycotted the film just because of him and Gadot
>>
His leitmotif was memorable. I think that's the only thing I liked about him.
>>
>>67623312
That's what I was hoping. I was kind of hoping that this would be the introduction to Luthor, and we'll see him transform into a more traditional Luthor as the films go on.

Though now that it was confirmed Cranston was really considered for the role, and Eisenberg was intended to be Olson, I'm slightly disappointed, despite enjoying Eisenberg's Luthor.
>>
>>67623220
>his performance was still good.

If he was playing the Joker or some random, crazy fedora tipper, i would've agreed with you.

But his "performance" as Lex was garbage.
>>
>>67623168
>>67623220
>>67623267
Sincerely shut the fuck up

Or wait, I know something better!

Cite for me the objective portrayal of Lex Luthor from a specific comic issue/run that Eisenberg should have "resembled"/"acted like" and make an argument why that depiction of a decades-old character must be adhered to in near-biopic levels.

I want the one issue that defines his entire character, not vague boorish statements about him not being "like the comics"

I have all night to monitor this thread, so I expect 1 of you 3 to deliver. I will be lurking.
>>
>>67623411
As Lex, yes. But as an antagonist he was still good so who gives a fuck?
>>
>>67623435

go to bed Jesse, no one likes your faggot silly Lex
>>
I want a sexy tall handsome confident man Lex.

I really want him face to face with Batman/Superman not down there looking up.

Yeah I said!
>>
>>67623435
i want the Red Son Lex, he can Make Earth Great Again
>>
>>67623435
Why is that a response to me? I said I didn't care that he wasn't like Lex.

Same way I don't care that Devito in Batman Returns is nothing like The Penguin. If I was entertained I'm not complaining.
>>
>>67623220
Bad news, you're retarded.
>>
>>67623435
If you are just going to make a completely different character with different motivations, why still bother calling him Lex?

Also

>being this mad that people didn't like your shitty movie
>>
>>67623307
PARADOXICAL
>>
WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS ISN'T THE REAL LEX

THIS IS HIS SON

The father will come back in JL played by Bryan Cranston
>>
>>67623435
the black ring was pretty fucking good, and eisenberg lex was pretty obviously that lex earlier on in his career

you're trying to say that lex shouldn't be based off a comic book, but eisenberg lex IS comic lex, just a bit earlier on.
>>
>>67623524
thought it was confirmed that he was playing alexander luthor jr
>>
>>67623648

because everyone called him lex luthor and that was never implied or stated or even hinted at you fucking retarded DCuck
>>
>>67623648
>SO PRE ORDER THOSE TICKETS NOW!

Fuck off.
>>
Luckily they have an out because there's a Lex Sr. I think they mentioned he was dead but they could just say he was retired and living on an island somewhere, but has to come back to get his son out of jail.
>>
>>67623648
Keep dreaming. JL is clearly a Darkseid movie, they wouldn't push some random "BTW HERE'S THE REAL LUTHOR" story into it.
>>
>>67623786
he's not a DCuck, an actual dc fan would know that the current Lex in the new 52 is actually lex jr, he killed his father and took his empire
>>
>>67623524
Jesus you cant even read
There's no hope
You other 2 better deliver though
>>
>>67622653
That would be a mistake. Lex Luthor while not intimidating on a physical sense more than made up for it by his manipulation of characters and events in bvs.

Seriously, everything that happened in bvs was a direct cause and effect of Luthors actions. The greatest capeshit villain since ledgers joker imo
>>
>>67623824
The fuck are talking about? Reading New 52 shit is the epitome of DCuckdom.
>>
File: David-Bateson-Net-Worth_61055.jpg (153 KB, 1535x827) Image search: [Google]
David-Bateson-Net-Worth_61055.jpg
153 KB, 1535x827
they had the perfect fucking opportunity to cast a guy that resembles Luthor in every single fucking way, in looks and especially in voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lPLEmnMBE8
>>
File: bateson.jpg (27 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
bateson.jpg
27 KB, 300x296
>>67623934
yeah, he would have been my first choice as well if I'd be in charge of the casting.

But I guess Snyder wanted to go for a triple A cast. I don't know why they didn't cast Mark Strong instead of Eisenberg tho, he's basically the quintessential bald evil guy.
>>
>>67622653
If they made him menacing and intimidating then bring him back.
But he was terrible in this movie.
>>
>>67623884
i'm pretty sure it's mentioned in morrison's action

also it happened in the movie too, you're never getting cranston luthor. you have jesse. https://www.brandtale.com/campaigns/lex-luthor-jr-not-just-his-father-s-lexcorp-custom-article

he killed his dad
>>
They should make him bulk up. Coming out of prison a changed man that is still just as insane as when he went in.
>>
>>67623934
>>67624044
>They're bald. They'll do!
They can cast whoever they want and just shave their heads, y'know.
>>
>>67624073
For what purpose? He's not supposed to be physically intimidating and Luthor is usually portrayed as being out of shape. ASS being an exception.
>>
>>67624133
This happens every time a bald character is cast in anything. No one has any imagination.

I guess Snyder and company didn't either since they were considering Cranston.
>>
>>67623934
>>67624044

>that resembles Luthor
>generic bald white guy

hahahah
>>
>>67624133
>>67624187
This happened when the Django Unchained script leaked as well. Everyone here was fancasting actors who just happened to have been photographed in cowboy hats recently.
>>
>>67624133
It's primarily the voice tho. Lex is imposing, calm and calculated with very rare moments of rage.

My bet is that the entire fucking reason why they made him the way he was in BvS is because the regular Lex Luthor would have been way too similar to Batman. Bruce already has the motivation to stop Superman so a calm calculated Lex who wants to do the same fucking thing is basically just another multibillionair that fucks Kent in the ass.
>>
>>67622653
Reddit needs to leave. NOW
>>
>>67624187
Henry Cavill could make a pretty good Luthor pretty soon.
>>
>>67623220
Wtf was so good about his performance?
>>
>>67622653
DC VS EISENBERG
>>
File: 250px-LexLuthor1.png (163 KB, 250x363) Image search: [Google]
250px-LexLuthor1.png
163 KB, 250x363
>>67624218
>>67624133
you guys are fucking retarded. It's not just the bald head. His manner of speaking is very similar to how Lex is portrayed in most animated adaptions. His facial shape also fits. This just happens to be an instance in which the actor was already bald before which definitely helps but isn't the main deciding factor. Any actor that has major scene presence could pull it off unless they look like Michael Cera.
>>
>>67624254
Kek
>>
it's lex jr it was confirmed last year since october. there was an official twitter for lex jr and would say dumb shit like dad would be proud of me etc for promotion or whatever. the twitter handle is alexander luthor or someshit. just google it senpaitachi
>>
>>67624307
>every single character has massive differences from the comic version
>but lets only complain about this one

I wish more people would do the same for marvel heroes, but I guess aslong as they're witty SJWs making quips that people can self-insert as its fine
>>
isn't Lex Luthor supposed to be at peak human condition, both mentally and physically? His jealousy of Superman is what drives him, no?
>>
>>67624256
He was literally the best capeshit villain in almost a decade. The part where he fucks the senators mouth with a jolly rancher is more memorable than anything any Marvel villain ever did.
>>
>>67624426
In some instances, yes. In some instances, no. Throughout the silver age he was kind of a fat slob.
>>
>>67624187
Cranston is such a dull obvious choice. You know he would've played it exactly like Walter White as well.
>>
I dont think a conventional Luthor would have worked for the film
Bruce, battle-hardened after years fighting the filth of Gotham, was already the cold and ruthless pragmatist that Lex was.
I didn't like the whole "mad" approach they had to the character until he struck the faustian bargain with the forces of apokolips. he's chock-full of weird and eldritch knowledge (which would have driven him insane regardless) and I feel he'll be a great villain in JL.
a cold rationalist couldn't join forces with Darkseid.
>>
They should just retconn him into the riddler or some shit
>>
>>67624453
>than anything any Marvel villain ever did.
Because Marvel villains have no character. They are as absolutely cardboard cutout as you can get. Loki might be the acception, but quite honestly all the other Marvel villains are just kind of blurring together.
>>
>>67624420
listen, you can come up with deviations of a character but there is no fucking way you can go in the opposite direction.

Batman for example has variations ranging from calm detective to raging maniac that beats the shit out of anything that moves. But he's never going to be naive, that's one character trait he never really portrayed. Lex is anything ranging from calculated evil genius to philanthrope who knows what has to be done to save the world and sees Superman as a real danger to the survival of mankind. But he was never an egomaniac crazy person, that's more a trait of the Riddler or the Joker. If they are going to deviate this much from the character they might as well replace him with one of the already existing villains that are much closer in personality to what they've used for this version of Lex Luthor.
>>
>>67624153
Because he's like that in the animated series and animated Luthor is great.
>>
>>67624570
>acception
*exception God dammit, I need to sleep.
>>
>>67624534
Still would have been more threatening than the faggot that is actually in the movie
>>
what the fuck, Lex was a riot. they should keep him. seriously, his lines were comedy gold.
>>
>>67624420
Yep, Marvel focuses on indulging teenagers' power fantasies while this movie deconstructs them and shows flawed and morally questionable characters.
>>
The Lex in BvS was not the Lex from the comics. he was Alexander Luthor jr. he even said his dads name was Lex.
>>
>>67624534
That's probably the reason they didn't cast him.
>>
>>67624624
I hated him in the trailers and thought he would ruin the movie but he won me over with the autistic speech he gives at the charity event. I'm not sure what the fuck he was going for but it was working.
>>
>>67624553
the entire fucking appeal of Lex is that he recognizes that Superman is dangerous. In fact that's one of the way he's been similar to Batman in almost every single portrayal of his. When Batman wasn't around with the Justice League where he started to forge plans on how to defeat Superman in case he goes rogue in the time before JL Lex was the one keeping Superman in check. He's interesting as a villain because his motivations are usually in line with what the rest of the population would think if it was the real world. If there was a superpowered alien flying around "saving" us and demonstrating unbelievable feats we'd be afraid that he could potentially succumb to mind-control or just go fucking crazy and destroy the planet with all its inhabitants. Do you really want that shit to be around? I'd rather destroy giant meteors with space lasers and rockets and not trust the judgement of one guy in his quest to save the earth.

Lex fucking knows that and does everything in his power to prevent that from ever being a possibility. Because if Superman goes rogue before anyone found a weapon to stop him it's going to be too late.
>>
>>67624565
They should retcon him into a mentally ill person pretending to be Lex Luthor.
>>
>>67624719
I think it was just trying to show how triggered he gets over the thought of something bigger than himself, or that mankind is weak in comparison to something else.

Hence why he starts to loose that eccentric attitude in jail, especially after he saw that thing in the deleted scene. Look at his face when the police storm in, after the monster goes. He seems so much more terrified by whatever went down with the monster, than getting caught be the police.
>>
>>67624420
You obviously weren't around for the shitstorm IM3 caused.
>>
I liked him as Lex Luthor, but he can't organically come back to this universe as a main villain. At best, he can be a good cameo in some future Superman movie. He was essentially arrested for terrorism and Lex isn't a character that works in a "fugitive villain" role. Do you want to have him wearing that ridiculous green and purple mech suit and fight Superman hand in hand or becoming president of the United States?

And please, stop with the "he's Lex jr!" meme. He makes it very clear his father is already dead.
>>
>>67624897
>Do you want to have him wearing that ridiculous green and purple mech suit and fight Superman hand in hand or becoming president of the United States?

DC doesn't know what the fuck they are doing, so wouldn't leave any of these possibilities out.
>>
>>67624420

This.

Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, Captain America and everyone else with the exception of Tony Stark and maybe Deadpool are completely different from their comic book versions.
>>
>>67624897
Maybe not a villain, but he could force himself to be released by being useful as he'll be the only one who knows jack shit about whatever will be going on. Thus it makes him someone who they are forced to work with. He can be a character in that sense, yeah, but if he were to be a main villain again, he needs to be paired with someone.

You know now that I think about it, Luthor going to jail really wasn't a great idea. It really shut down whatever he can do in the future, as opposed to being a bastard who could get away with anything.
>>
>>67624897
Fuck. What if they do Earth 2 and make him the hero?
>>
>>67624976
>tfw marvel just changes their comics to match the movie characters

The MCU is honestly ruining the view good marvel comics
>>
>>67625036
Because it has to dumb it down, or whatever you want to call it, to appeal to the overall audience instead of just the fanboys. That results in crap like "Age of Ultron", and probably Civil War too, where it pretends to take elements from the comics which are great, only to discover that the movie really only is similar in name only.
>>
>>67624976
>completely different from their comic book versions.

They really aren't.

The character in the MCU might not be 100% similar to their comic counterparts, but their still are pretty faithful.

Also MCU Tony Stark is probably the one that is the most different compared to his comic character.
>>
File: original.png (491 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
original.png
491 KB, 640x480
>>67624897
they kind of fucked up. The only way they could fix it is if they went for the multiverse storyline of the justice league. In that one there is a universe in which Superman went completely fucking rogue when Joker tricked Superman into killing Lois Lane.

They could basically just pretend that as opposed to other adaptions in this universe we are not following the story of the "good Superman" and the regular Batman but the alt-universe equivalents of the Superman that went eventually rogue after Lois was killed. It would also mean that the Justice League from the "good timeline" (the one where Superman didn't go rogue) would come cross over into their dimension and help them defeat Rogue Superman.

It would be a great way to explain why everyone seems so fucking pissed and there are only assholes and murderers in the Zach Snyder DC universe, we were just following the bad timeline all along.

As a bonus it'd be great to see Cavill murder Jared Leto.

After that story-line is done they could switch to a director that takes over the good timeline Batman and Superman and tells their stories. They obviously wouldn't be the corrupted versions who fucking murder and destroy buildings, that Superman would be in line with the Superman we know from the Animated universe, the one that has always a friendly face for the good and honest citizens of the country and helps kids fix their broken bikes with his bare hands and explains them to stand up for themselves and for others.

And good timeline Batman would still be somewhat dark but not the version of Batman that crossed the line plenty of times and actively fucking murdered people and branded them to be executed by others.
>>
>>67625298
>Cavill as Rogue Superman

make it happen
>>
>>67623168
I'm hoping they ret-con him into Luthor's son.
>>
File: all-star-5-2.jpg (107 KB, 996x650) Image search: [Google]
all-star-5-2.jpg
107 KB, 996x650
>>67623435
>Sincerely shut the fuck up
>Or wait, I know something better!
>Cite for me the objective portrayal of Lex Luthor from a specific comic issue/run that Eisenberg should have "resembled"/"acted like" and make an argument why that depiction of a decades-old character must be adhered to in near-biopic levels.
>I want the one issue that defines his entire character, not vague boorish statements about him not being "like the comics"
>I have all night to monitor this thread, so I expect 1 of you 3 to deliver. I will be lurking.
>>67623435

If zach had just copied All Star Superman we would all be happy. BEST Luthor
>>
File: luthor.jpg (165 KB, 1002x663) Image search: [Google]
luthor.jpg
165 KB, 1002x663
>>67625700

clear motivation of why he hates superman.

A powerful, intelligent and resourceful man yet egotistical and full of hate. The perfect foe to Superman really. And yet he is more like us than we are like superman.

Luthor is mortal, has flaws.
>>
File: lex-luthor-joins.jpg (351 KB, 1922x1472) Image search: [Google]
lex-luthor-joins.jpg
351 KB, 1922x1472
>>67625298
>>67625457
there is one thing that doesn't work with this theory tho, in the Injustice time-line where Superman goes evil Lex Luthor was actually a good guy. In terms of character he was everything Superman is in the good time-line, very moral and actually has a conscience.
>>
File: Hans Zimmer.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Hans Zimmer.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>67623374
How can one man be this based? He makes good movies better, and is the best part of bad movies he scores.
>>
>>67625818
>Inb4 Snyder finds out about the "BvS is set in the "Injustice" time-line"
>retcons Eisenberg's Lex Luthor into just being Luthor's psychotic son
>cast a real Lex Luthor that plays the good guy
>Superman goes batshit insane and kills Lois Lane due to Joker's mindtricks at the end of the Justice League movie
>alt-universe Injustice movie happens where Lex tries to stop Rogue Superman with the help of Punished Batman and the good-universe Justice League
>>
File: 1412924607117.gif (989 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
1412924607117.gif
989 KB, 300x212
>>67624571
>Lex is anything ranging from calculated evil genius to philanthrope who knows what has to be done to save the world and sees Superman as a real danger to the survival of mankind. But he was never an egomaniac crazy person,

>sees Superman as a real danger to the survival of mankind. But he was never an egomaniac crazy person,

> But he was never an egomaniac crazy person,

> never an egomaniac crazy person,

Holy shit, I knew people here were ignorant, but to be downright retarded? you claim to know the character of Lex but your reasoning is invalidated by your clear ignorance of the essence of the character of Lex Luthor, which everyone who has read a superman comic
can clearly see in eisenbergs performance ( especially in that scene between him and supes).

3/10 for making me respond you ignoramus!
>>
File: allstarsuperman-lexluthor1.png (96 KB, 550x276) Image search: [Google]
allstarsuperman-lexluthor1.png
96 KB, 550x276
>>67625772

unlike superman. Luthor's strength and intelligence requires effort. Clark exceeded in everything just by being powered by the sun. Born with immense power by doing nothing.

But Luthor trained his mind and body with effort that superman would never imagine. And dispite his efforts, Luthor is a good genetic human stock. He is literally the BEST humanity has to offer in intelligence, science and industry. Luthor is a billionaire, he employs thousands of employees. Lexcorps RND dept create drugs that save lives. Robotics and weapons on the cutting edge of military science.

But Superman's mere presences threatens it. His pride, his ego, his planet that Luthor believes belongs to him is all threatened by Suoerman.
>>
>>67625912
he's an egomaniac but not fucking crazy. The Riddler is crazy. The joker is crazy. Evil versions of Lex have been ambitious and ruthless...but crazy? Really?

He's a politician type, not the "I'm going to murder you in your sleep because I derive pleasure from it"-type.
>>
i can see from this thread that the point of lex's character has gone over everyone's heads, assuming you guys have actually seen the thing
so for only one guy in /co/ has addressed what lex is based on a lot of his dialogue
frankly, i don't understand why people reacted this way to lex, his a manipulative psychopath who gets what he wants. he acts friendly and harmless but knows how to get what he wants
>>
>>67622653
>I liked his non-lex luthor lex luthor

He was the most none lex luthor ever

He was like the joker or something , I have no idea why they casted him as lex

what did they see in him
>>
>>67626123
>what did they see in him

he was a jew same with Gadot
>>
File: Lex3[1].jpg (100 KB, 634x1023) Image search: [Google]
Lex3[1].jpg
100 KB, 634x1023
>>67625992
Murdering for fun isn't the sole definition of crazy, Anon.

Luthor in most depictions is obsessed with either power or simply taking down Superman and achieving these goals by any means, regardless of all the good Supes has done or how many innocent people he has to kill or harm along the way. He isn't total madcap DAMAGED bonkers WALLER'S GONNA FREAK crazy, but to suggest he isn't (more often than not) totally insane in his own right is ridiculous.
>>
File: 1449750804741.jpg (8 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1449750804741.jpg
8 KB, 285x285
>>67626123

> I never read a superman comic book.

you could have just said that anon, this luthor is silver age as fuck and youre too ignorant to see it.
>>
File: 1419910890715.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1419910890715.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
Jesse just played himself.

His character just so happened to be named Lex Luthor.
>>
File: 1451533917578.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1451533917578.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>>67625992
>Evil versions of Lex have been ambitious and ruthless...but crazy? Really?

I see you only seen the cartoon versions ...oh never mind cause he actually acts at time fucking insane in those versions as well.

Seriously what the fuck? is everyone just fucking blind or their hate boner for snyder is so huge they cant recognize characters they supposedly know so much about right in front of their fucking eyes.

>>67626123

further proof that these type of idiots exist.
>>
DC universe, where everyone is the Joker
>>
>>67626229
Capeshit likes to re-invent it's cartoonish villains/heroes as "deep" by deconstructing them and finding some message.

Lex Luthor was created as an evil crazy richboy villain. The fact that some writer decided to create some revisionist backstory to make him seem more believable doesn't change the nature of the character.

There is barely any real "canon" incarnation of capeshit figures. All you have are dumb cartoons that were re purposed for political metaphors in later revisionist adaptations.

It's the same shit with batman and the joker. The whole thing about batman's "insanity" was attributed to him after the fact.
>>
>>67626324
moments of insanity do not define a character. Batman convinced himself he was Matches Malone and became a crime-lord once. I wouldn't say that being crazy is a defining character of Batman and should be displayed as a primary character trait in any depiction of him. I can't think of a single major DC character that didn't go crazy at least once. Terry McGinnis maybe? Or does that one time he turned int a manbat already count as crazy?
>>
File: 1450286224178.jpg (114 KB, 648x960) Image search: [Google]
1450286224178.jpg
114 KB, 648x960
>>67626411

ok ? I agree with you, what are you refuting ? we seem to be on the same boat.

My gripe is with all these retards screaming NO MUH LUTHOR, when if they actually opened their fucking eyes they would see the essence of the character which at its core, is his fear of powerlessness.
>>
>>67626578
>is his fear of powerlessness.
very overt and obvious in the movie, especially considering the prometheus , faustian connections
>>
>>67626578
I mean sure, my point was just that saying that there have been iterations of Luthor that display similar traits to Eisenberg's version doesn't make sense for the product they tried to sell. It's like putting campy Adam West Batman into the Nolan movies. Doesn't really work in my opinion. The vanilla Lex Luthor, the most "standard" version that I can possibly imagine, would have done fine in BvS.
>>
>>67626578
>>67626655
i'd like to add that maybe the *central* theme to BvS is power. the main characters are moved through the the lens of power
>>
>>67626693
not that guy but i had nothing against lex at all. i kept expecting some garish shit but at every turn i had the reaction of 'yeah, it's just a guy'
nothing wrong with anything he did at all. maybe take out the twitches but that's it. it gave me the impression of someone who gets lost in their train of thought
>>
They need to make him Lex Luthor Jr so then they can bring in the real Lex
>>
File: 1366646560590.jpg (279 KB, 1014x697) Image search: [Google]
1366646560590.jpg
279 KB, 1014x697
>>67626693

lol the vanilla lex luthor. I see your point tho, Im guessing there is a reason they casted someone as young as eisenberg for Lex, he has the acting chops to grow into the part, and im sure well see him again, especially since hes one of the few that knows that darkseid is coming.

This version makes sense if for anything to drive the point across that this is both superman and lex's younger version. Im sure youll get your vanilla lex in the later movies.

>>67626762
>maybe take out the twitches but that's it.

you think he was trying to get his heath ledger on ? lel
>>
>>67626965
>you think he was trying to get his heath ledger on
no because a ledger presented a calm confident completely self assured somewhat easy going and aloof physical person where eisenberg has a normal somewhat charming personality that barely contains some of his inner troubles
also to be clear i didn't mind the mannerisms at all
>>
>>67623386

>mixing up olson and luthor casting

That explains a lot. Eisenberg could have been a good Olson... And Cranston would have been godtier Luthor.
>>
>>67625901

That movie would suck for the same reason this one did;

Too many plotlines that go nowhere.
>>
File: Metron.png (131 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Metron.png
131 KB, 333x250
>>67627248
>Cranston would have been godtier Luthor.

> ooh ooh he played evil lex luthor clone Heisenburg.

> ooh ooh he would be awesome as this similarly bald headed evil character.

you people have no imagination.

pic related would be my choice for cranston.
>>
>>67623373
This
>>
i like lex ludor
>>
>>67623052
>>67623277
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/chris-terrio-may-not-write-justice-league-part-two-part-one-will-a131978

Batman v Superman writer Chris Terrio reveals that he may not write the screenplay for Justice League Part Two and describes Part One as the culmination of a trilogy which began with Man of Steel.

In a new interview with The Wall Street Journal, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice writer Chris Terrio (Argo) has shed some light on why he said yes to writing Justice League Part One for Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. Confirming that he initially declined the opportunity to work on the movie, it turns out that we have the new Lex Luthor to thank for his return. "I initially thought I wasn’t the guy to do Justice League and went off to work on something else. But the first day I went to the set, I saw Jesse [Eisenberg] in a scene with Holly Hunter and I really did feel like I was watching some strange, great performance in an independent film. At that moment, I thought, 'I’m not done with this yet. I want to go back and keep telling the story.'"
>>
Lex needs to add some muscle mass
>>
hope he doesn't.. Luthor shouldn't be a twitchy sperglord.
>>
>>67622653
>>67623168
>>67623307
>>67623411
>>67623435
>>67630205
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>67623648
WHY NOT JUST HAVE THE REAL LEX FROM THE GET GO YOU DUMB DKEK
>>
>>67623786
>that was never implied or stated or even hinted at
>I didn't watch the movie
>>
>>67623435
Not them, but this lex was not at all intimidating, no matter how loudly they played his theme music. Most of the time he just came off as a goofy dude that was funny instead of being menacingly intelligent. What sucks is that there were moments that offered a glimpse into his malicious cunning, but then they decided to opt for gleeful madness instead.
>>
>>67622653
I don't get the hate, Lex has always been a jealous little faggot, his entire ideals stem from his jealousy of Superman and other heroes, he just masks them behind the visage that he's speaking for the human race.

Literally the only part that was out of character for Lex was actively going out of his way to call down Darkseid.
>>
>>67623786
>and that was never implied or stated or even hinted at
It's literally stated several times in the film that this is Alexander Luthor Jr, and he even talks about how daddy beat him to Superman, and about his dad to the congresswoman.

Holy fucking shit I swear /tv/ doesn't actually watch movies.
>>
>>67623435
Ok, I'll bite.

1) John Byrne's post crisis Lex Luthor
2) Morrison's AS Luthor
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.