[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he have to be such a cryptic dick when telling Luke about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg (25 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg
25 KB, 500x667
Why did he have to be such a cryptic dick when telling Luke about his father? Why couldn't he just tell him the truth not talk in riddles?

>you're "father" was killed and betrayed by a "pupil" of mine "Darth Vader" teehee ;-)
>>
Lucas didn't come up with the twist until after the first one had come out
>>
>>67622282

Because Luke had to confront oh forget it
>>
Why did he let Luke storm off to look for Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen onowing full well the farm could be filled with Stormtroopers?
>>
>>67622282
because having errything spelled out is shit.
>>
>yfw he planned for the Stormtroopers to kill Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru
>yfw he let them raise him through the shitty years he didn't want to deal with till he was 19 and than initiated there deaths so he could take Luke
>>
So he wouldn't be tempted to join the dark side with his father.
>>
File: 1449118300613.png (610 KB, 859x736) Image search: [Google]
1449118300613.png
610 KB, 859x736
>>67622364
>why did Luke rush off to protect his loved ones from evil when it also put him in danger?

Gee it's almost like he's the hero or something.
>>
>>67622464
Yes but Ben knew the danger and if Luke died or was captured all would be lost
>>
>>67622827
It's almost like the movie explicitly points out that Stormtroopers are easy as fuck to spot and predict.
"These tracks are side by side. Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers."
>>
>>67622827
It's called plot armour
>>
File: image.png (428 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
image.png
428 KB, 400x534
>>67622282
>Luke, did I ever tell you these were your father's droids? We went on wild adventures together for over 3 years in the Clone Wars, and the little one even saved me from a swarm of buzz droids, yet I somehow don't recognize them anymore. They were good friends.
>Luke, did I ever tell you that while your father was training on Coruscant, C-3PO served your family (Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, Grandma Shmi, Grandpa Cliegg) for nearly 10 years? Somehow, your uncle didn't recognize Threepio when he returned to family's service.
>Hey Luke, did I ever tell you that all Jedi used to dress like homeless moisture farmers the same as I do, despite that still dressing like a Jedi is no good way to hide from Empire? It was a good robe though.
>Come here, Luke, today we will be training with this practice droid while you wear this helmet to blindfold yourself. You would think this was an impromptu training procedure, but no, we did this to younglings all the time and even built them special mini helmets. Right now you are literally worse than a child, Luke, like the ones your father killed with that lightsaber you are holding. He was a good friend.
>You must go to Dagobah, Luke, and seek out Yoda, the Jedi Master who trained me — well, actually, he's A Jedi Master who trained me. Before I moved up to Liam Neeson's service, I was one of the 20 younglings who went to Yoda's class every tuesday and thursday back in youngling school inbetween Jedi chemistry class and lunchtime. Nothing remarkable or mystic to our relationship at all. He was just my teacher who handed out droids and youngling-sized helmets to the class. Also, all his deep seemingly spur of the moment lessons and teachings from a true master are all fairly common Jedi sayings that he just butchers with his ghetto way of talking. A good friend, he was.
>>
Obi-wan and Yoda both wanted Luke to kill the shit out of Vader and the Emperor, Luke knowing who Vader really was would get in the way of that.

Obi-wan and Yoda were both kind of short sighted mother fuckers, like all the old generation of Jedi.
>>
>>67622364
he told Luke it was too dangerous but by that time he was already at the speeder plus he's an old geezer
>>
File: AlecGuinness.jpg (106 KB, 1144x1364) Image search: [Google]
AlecGuinness.jpg
106 KB, 1144x1364
Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I was one of the most respected actors in the world, performing in renowned films such as Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Bridge on the River Kwai and A Passage to India? I even got an Oscar and a Knighthood in recognition for my talent and excellence. Then, while I was between shooting masterpieces with David Lean, a nerd named George Lucas begged me to play an Arabian samurai wizard from space in his children’s flick. I took it to be nice, even though it meant saying lines such as "Only a master of evil Darth". Somehow, despite Lucas's bungling, it was a huge success and he roped me into appearing in the two equally idiotic sequels. I didn’t want to, but my code of honor as British gentleman and an actor prevented me from leaving a project unfinished. Now those movies are the only thing people remember me for. When you search my name on Google Images, the first result is from a website called “Wookiepedia”. My legacy is ruined forever. George Lucas was a bad friend.
>>
File: george.jpg (123 KB, 760x1140) Image search: [Google]
george.jpg
123 KB, 760x1140
>>67622282
because bad storytelling and improvising
>>
File: 1411773104216.jpg (47 KB, 388x602) Image search: [Google]
1411773104216.jpg
47 KB, 388x602
>>67623542
>In the final volume of the book A Positively Final Appearance (1997), Guinness recounts grudgingly giving an autograph to a young fan who claimed to have watched Star Wars over 100 times, on the condition that the boy promise to stop watching the film, because, as Guinness told him, "this is going to be an ill effect on your life." The fan was stunned at first, but later thanked him (though some sources say it went differently). Guinness is quoted as saying: "'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities."[23] Guinness grew so tired of modern audiences apparently knowing him only for his role of Obi-Wan Kenobi that he would throw away the mail he received from Star Wars fans without reading it.[24]
>>
File: moreuknow.jpg (132 KB, 549x362) Image search: [Google]
moreuknow.jpg
132 KB, 549x362
In the deleted scene when Luke is talking to Red Leader, they digitally add an extra walking in front of the camera during crucial dialog. If you read the adapted novel, Red Leader roughly says:

>if you fly anything like your father, you'll do alright.

George obviously had no twist in mind during Episode IV.
>>
>>67623630
selfish prick
>>
>>67623751
The twist still works even with that scene, though. Red Leader just flew with Anakin before he fell to the dark side, it's not too far a stretch.
>>
>>67623630
What a dick
>>
>>67623630
quite an asshole
>>
>>67623791
>>67623877
>>67623995
Sexbot fantasizing nerd tears are wonderful.
God back to making your fat sister wear Leia at Jabbas palace halloween costumes then jerking off about it later that night alone in your bed in your bedroom filled with toys and posters.
Disgusting nerds
>>
File: image.png (553 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
553 KB, 1280x720
>>67624366
you have to be 18 to post on this website.
>>
>>67623630
>Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities

You know, maybe he had a point...
>>
>>67622282
Anakin was a sort of hero to Luke so the truth might dissuade him from following the path of the Jedi.
>>
>>67623169
This will always be funny to me.
>>
>>67624683
I'm 18 1/2 suck it faget
>>
>>67622282
because george lucas writes as he goes and lets others rewrite
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.