[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
remember when papa kent to clark he should have let the children
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: kinoflick.jpg (43 KB, 657x350) Image search: [Google]
kinoflick.jpg
43 KB, 657x350
remember when papa kent to clark he should have let the children on the sinking bus drown?

he was a great man
>>
I dont like Man of Steel but don't be retarded. He said "maybe" because its obviously saying he doesn't have all the answers and is just a normal guy.
>>
>>67617497
I thought he was hinting at him to use his powers in hiding and go find whores rape them and then kill them did I misread that?
>>
>>67617497
He said maybe
He wanted Clark to make the choice himself when he was ready
>>
>>67618928
but he already made the choice to save the kids.
>>
>>67617550
He copped out because he was a cuck who wasn't redpilled enough to say what he believed
>>
Remember when a father wanted to protect his son at all costs, and didn't automatically perceive that 'alien with powers = go out and be a superhero' like the comic book his son apparently comes from
>>
>I let my father die
Words Superman should never ever say
>>
He was being a great father and weighing a busload of kids against his son getting discovered and being taken or killed himself.
>>
File: 1241178533920.jpg (150 KB, 800x573) Image search: [Google]
1241178533920.jpg
150 KB, 800x573
Why does every Superman movie have to be about Superman in physical danger? That's missing the whole point.
>>
File: 1457772365581.gif (781 KB, 245x238) Image search: [Google]
1457772365581.gif
781 KB, 245x238
>people hate on Ben Affleck before the movie comes out
>turns out he is the best thing about the entire movie

I hope we get more Benman.
>>
Its good to get away from all the BvS drama all the sudden to get some good ol fashuned anti-intellectual Man of Steel bashing
>>
>>67619126
Normies don't understand anything other than physical threats in capeshit.

Tried to explain supermans appeal to some friends before and they didn't get it.
>>
>>67617497

Remember when pa kent saw an opportunity to drown a bunch of horses and convinced his father to dig all day to save their crops?
>>
>>67617497
>Bruce did I tell you about the time my dad died for a dog? he was a good friend
>>
Remember the time a movie about Superman was literally too deep for /pol/ shitposters on a television board and they couldn't comprehend the notion of weighing human lives against something only slightly more abstract than human lives and thus cried about a great movie every single day for years?
>>
File: Harper.jpg (193 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Harper.jpg
193 KB, 2000x1000
>>67620289
>to this day, people still defend the dog scene
>>
>>67619091

It's actually very much in line with the character. The thing is it's very slightly more complex than saving a life, so you don't get it. You're retarded.
>>
>>67620415
>waaah there are people three times as intelligent as i am ruining my meme spam circle jerk
>>
>>67617497

He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior. And he was a good friend.
>>
He deserved to die in that tornado just for that. I bet his wife was fucking around behind his back.
>>
>>67617550
He let horses drown, tho.
Probably thought of something similar with the kids
>>
>>67619075
Pretty sure that happens on birthright. Main difference being that Clark chose to not hide like Pa Kent told him and decides to help if he can, and in the end he prove pa kent he is ready
>>
>>67620475
Stop invincible bait
>>
>>67617497
>my father and i used to drown horses back in the day

>you shoulda let your classmates drown

whats next for good ol pa kent?
>>
I want a one-off comic where Superman was raised by Charles Manson
>>
File: ass06-17.jpg (439 KB, 800x1258) Image search: [Google]
ass06-17.jpg
439 KB, 800x1258
>>67620429
>It's actually very much in line with the character.
>>
>>67622658
Whenever you hear a MoS defender say that Supes would let his father die, you'll know he has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>>67622658
>post a single comic page to define a character

hahahah

the only possible viable argument like this is if you post action comics #1
>>
STOP, MY INVINCIBLE WIFE'S SON
>>
>>67622658
>hair catches fire

is this the looney toons?
>>
File: 1440905299706.gif (492 KB, 176x216) Image search: [Google]
1440905299706.gif
492 KB, 176x216
>>67622830
>>
>Can't I just…keep pretending I'm your son?

tfw
>>
>>67622699

MoS defenders are usually still in their teens

and teens are fucking dumb

the best argument is when he kills zod and the argument was "how does he know he doesnt like killing if he hasnt killed yet"

literally psychopathic capeshit fans
>>
>>67622830

very close, but his wife isn't invincible. should be

>STOP, MY WIFE'S INVINCIBLE SON
>>
File: gas-allstar-02-545x650.jpg (154 KB, 545x650) Image search: [Google]
gas-allstar-02-545x650.jpg
154 KB, 545x650
>>67619091
Maybe visit /co/ once in a while, dipshit.
>>
>>67623634

No, dude. You're the dumb one.

Comicfags complain about MoS' Jonathan Kent because they were wanting a perfect Jonathan full of wisdom that urges his son to be a martyr after his death.

They hate the fact that the movie tried to make Jonathan Kent more flawed human being. So here we're years after the movie release still debating about this bullshit.
>>
>>67623702
Pa Kent dying of a heart attack makes sense though.

Even with all of Superman's extraordinary abilities he's powerless to restart a still heart. What good is super strength and speed against a fatally clogged artery? It demonstrates that even with all of his amazing powers there are still limits to what he can accomplish.

It's a humbling experience.

Pa Kent dying in a tornado is just fucking stupid because Clark could have saved him with no real repercussions. A tornado is EXACTLY the type of thing that Clark's superhuman abilities enable him to protect people from. Super speed & strength is EXACTLY the type of power that could save Pa Kent from the freak weather event.
>>
>>67623943

The fact that Clark didn't is the very fucking point. Clark was immature and scared little boy and decided to obey his father's commands when he shouldn't.
>>
>>67624012

>Superman was a scared little boy
>His father still walked into the tornado like a fucking idiot

I think you've lost the point of this discussion.

Why
>>
>>67624055

>Superman was a scared little boy

Because he was immature.

>His father still walked into the tornado like a fucking idiot

Because the dog was important to Clark and the family, nay the world even. Remember the end when Clark is playing make belief as a hero with dog saving it in his game? Jonathan watched that and thought of the future. Most people would think of a dog as expendable, understandably putting the life of a human before of than a dog. That worried Jonathan, because what would happen if one day Clark thought the same thing of humans? That we're expendable? So saving the dog right there meant saving the world. It served to teach Clark that even the life of a dog is important.
>>
>>67624200

but anon.... he was invincible... did you forget?
>>
>>67624263

Him being invincible doesn't change the fact that he was scared. Clark took his father fears as his own and as a good little boy didn't had the guts to disobey his father. This is portrayed as a bad thing that he has to overcome and later he does when Zod shows up.

Throughout the whole movie you've Clark doing whatever his two fathers wishes out of him and then facing the fact that he can't and shouldn't obey them. He needs to act on his own. Make his own choices.

The movie is huge about individualism.
>>
>>67624200
>It served to teach Clark that even the life of a dog is important.

The same lesson would have been imparted if he just asked clark to go get the dog instead. Nevermind that he's superpowered, he's like 40 years younger than Pa Kent.

Having Pa Kent die a totally unnecessary death because he was a prideful old fool was just bad filmmaking that did an awful job of trying to impart its message.

There's elegant simplicity to Pa Kent's death by heart attack. The message is intuitively understandable.
>Superman can't save everyone, no matter how badly he wants to

Why fix what's not broken?
>>
>>67624419

>Why fix what's not broken?

Because the point wasn't that Clark can't save everybody, but rather that Clark has to make his own choices.
>>
>>67619126
YOU missed the point...
>>
File: kekekekekekekekekekek.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
kekekekekekekekekekek.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>67620475
>Man Of Steel
>intelligent
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.