[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If JJ Abrams was on this very board right now, reading your posts,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 18
If JJ Abrams was on this very board right now, reading your posts, what would you say to him?
>>
>>67617295
Super 8 is your best work
>>
>>67617333
B-but?
>>
File: 1458417935764.jpg (150 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
1458417935764.jpg
150 KB, 1080x1350
>>67617295
Can I have Gracie?
>>
>>67617295
Please direct Justice League
>>
>>67617295
Han Solo is killed by his wife's son kylo ren
>>
File: 1459206408009.gif (880 KB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
1459206408009.gif
880 KB, 420x236
Thank you for having the balls to save Star Wars.
>>
Anyone got a link to stream Star Wars: Force Awakens?
>>
>>67617295
good job with the star trek reboots, really the best you could have done with the material
>>
>>67617295
Stop being such a cuck and co-opting other's work.
>>
>>67617295
please fuck off to Israel
>>
File: imperialfirefight.jpg (779 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
imperialfirefight.jpg
779 KB, 1200x1200
you had the opportunity to make a brand new original chapter of star wars and instead you gave us a remake of episode 4 specifically engineered to make the jew the most money out of the audience as you possibly could.

fuck you.
>>
>>67617455
save how exactly?
>>
'Sup J. J.

I like your movies. Please make another Cloverfield.
>>
>>67617295
Why did you want to ruin Star Trek?
>>
>>67617295
Can you post any explicit videos of your casting couch?
BTW Ridley's facial abuse was great.
>>
JJ why all the mystery if the end sucks anyways?
>>
>>67617554
Nigga I did that this year
>>
Don't listen to these autists, you dun good for Star Wars.

Now for the love of God, direct Justice League
>>
Fringe and is pretty darn good for a network procedural style show.
>>
Why do you so infrequently employ footsexual devices and tropes? Your audience suffers because of it.

There is an obligation to document the feet (and pits tb h) of beautiful actresses. You mustn't impoverish posterity with a paucity of foot art.
>>
>>67617295
fuck you, fuck your star trek, fuck your star wars, its a shame hitler didn't kill all the jews
>>
>>67617295
shalom aleichem my jewish bretheren
>>
>>67617521
I though abrahams was only the director? blame the writers.
>>
>>67617541

You finally made it Interracial. I could watch it with my wife's son, Dwantaine, without feeling guilty or estranged from his lived experience.
>>
>>67617295
Tell your past self that new fans and old fans don't care about nostalgia and just want a new/expanding story.
>>
File: hthatshot.jpg (8 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
hthatshot.jpg
8 KB, 235x215
>>67617590
>>
>>67617672
Is your favorite band U2?
>>
>>67617541
Made Star Wars fun and character driven again. That's all it needs to be.
>>
File: asterisk.jpg (52 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
asterisk.jpg
52 KB, 736x414
>>67617622
>>
>>67617295
Fuck you, you fucking kike. Go back to Israel and tell BenJewMan NetWorthYahoo!® I said "Fuck you, too"!
>>
Can you make The Big Shoe?
>>
>>67617295
Thank you for making the first watchable Star Wars movie in decades.
>>
>>67617295
Can you save Zack Snyder's DC cinematic universe the same way you saved Star Wars?
>>
>>67617295
i'd be happier if your family was gassed, then the new SW would have been made by a better person.
>>
>>67617956
Yeah watchable if you're blind and deaf
>>
>>67617295
How does it feel to be a cuck enabler? we suspect you are one yourself. you love the BBC, dont you?
>>
fuck all of you cunts

his movies are awful
>>
I hope you cook in hell for eternity for being a kiddy diddling fucking kike, but also cos I absolutely hate what you did with star wars
>>
>>67618013
nice meme bro. yeah it totally sucked total mary sues right?
>>
>>67617295
you're cute in a cartoonish way :3
>>
Enough with the lens flare already!
>>
>>67618081
Yes actually Rey's character weakness is a big sticking point you faggot shill
>>
do you have any fucking authentic ideas, or something that can at least flirt with some originality? why do you insist on ruining my favorite genre with your bland mediocrity? why can't you come up with an ending for anything, EVER? is that just a natural extension of being a hack? can you at least stop with the shameless pandering and CUT THE FUCKING LENS FLARES OUT?

i liked star trek (2009) and most of fringe and 10 cloverfield lane, and i can appreciate super 8. everything else is questionable at best and usually a lot worse, and you really dropped the ball on the force awakens.. and into darkness was one of the most unforgivable things ive ever had the misfortune of seeing
>>
you're very talented.
>>
File: 1456521845300.jpg (41 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1456521845300.jpg
41 KB, 396x385
>>67617295
If the Holocaust had been a success and not a widely exaggerated propaganda piece, we would have been able to die of old age before seeing Star Wars turned into a fucking leftist racemixing SJW piece of shit.
>>
>>67618129
because Luke blowing up the death star without his targeting computer to save the day by suddenly discovering the force is totally different, right?
>>
HITLER WAS RIGHT
>>
Can you make a fun transgressive film that focuses on a red blooded American male coming to terms with his boipucci
>>
>>67618141
Calm the fuck down dude. The Force Awakens is a Bergman film compared to other mainstream garbage like Deadpool and Batman v Superman. Context matters.
>>
for some people the prequels are too patrician. These people exist

>>67617956
i wonder what you're able too watch, besides action marvels and some women movies. Everything seems too high for your standard
>>
>>67618206
The diff is Luke had received at least a modicum of force training from one of the most powerful force users alive, meanwhile Rey excelled at everything she did and outclassed everyone around her, after fuck all in the way of training. But you knew this already since this has been gone over time and time again.
>>
Good job.
>>
>>67617295
Why weren't any cunnies in TFA?
How am I supposed to relate with the movie?
>>
File: Kristen-Stewart-Feet-2053071.jpg (646 KB, 1285x1036) Image search: [Google]
Kristen-Stewart-Feet-2053071.jpg
646 KB, 1285x1036
>>67617914

Please, make "The Big Shoe.". But cast college volleyball players instead of kstew.
>>
>>67618353
>The Force Awakens
>Awakens
The force is fucking magic. Rey discovering her powers is no different than Spider-man discovering his powers.
>>
>>67618440
Doesn't make her any less boring, unlikeable, and uninteresting. Good job jumping to another argument when you're proven wrong, in fact since you abandoned your Luke argument, and adopted this one, the one where she is an expert suddenly for no reason other than PLOT, you're basically admitting my original point was correct all along. Eat my fat cock you jew apologist
>>
>>67618287
>i wonder what you're able too watch, besides action marvels and some women movies.
Can you restate this in standard English?
>>
More crying Daisy videos, plz.
>>
>>67618528
When your argument is predicated on the notion that she's too powerful irrespective of the plot, then yes, there being a justification for her being powerful does automatically make her more interesting.

>muh SJW casting
You're a sexist. That's it. You hate her the same reason you hated Finn before the movie came out: you're mad that a Jewish (!!!!!) director would have the gull to not cast white males in lead roles.

>Jew apologist
Point proven.
>>
>>67617295
Ambiguity is a poor substitute for worldbuilding
>>
>>67618528
>fat cock
>butthurt about meaningless bs

doesn't compute, but nice try
>>
>>67617295
What's your address? do you like food that is injected with poison?

pls respond.
>>
>>67618528
Nah, this is a tired dumb argument. Same shit happened with Anakin. You just hate women.
>>
>>67618661
I didn't say shit about SJW casting. With Luke, the plot gave a good reason as to why he had force acumen. In TFA, she has force acumen because the plot demanded it, and because of this she is a boring Mary sue, I don't know how much more I can spell this out for your simple mind.
>>
>>67617295
Does your neck taste like turkey to?
>>
>>67618694
Still better than Nolan movies where every single line is expository dialogue. Rather too little explained than too much.
>>
>>67618661
>You're a sexist. That's it.

I watch (and enjoy) many films with women in it, I love many of them, some of them have the leading role to a woman. Never was an issue before TFA. And now people critize TFA and they get shit for being a "sexist"
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>67618744
I said nothing at all about the prequals, especially anything positive about anakin. What does anything your post contains have to do with what I've argued?
>>
>>67618661
>>67618744
>literally getting called sexist for criticising something, even without mentioning gender

Holy shit is this really happening?
>>
>>67618754
>Jew apologist
It's a pretty safe assumption that you were one of the people bitching about Finn and Rey's casting before you saw the film.

>With Luke, the plot gave a good reason as to why he had force acumen
Luke doesn't officially begin his training until The Empire Strikes Back, after he blows up the death star. Rey's arc in TFA is similar to the standard arc in a superhero film: hero discovers their powers after a seminal moment in the narrative. You can dislike that arc, fine, but it's fairly standard and widely used. It's not especially egregious in TFA.
>>
>>67617295
WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WITH YOU AND LENSFLARES?!?

WHY DOES THE USE OF THEM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE SIGNIFICANT AS A FILMMAKER?

Why, oh why, dear boy?

See, I don't mind your moviemaking...I rather like it. Super 8 was a clear homage to Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind with its 70's family dynamic and lensing but you could NOT FUCKING HELP YOURSELF...YOU HAD TO INCLUDE UTTERLY UNECESSARY LENSFLARES. But I got over it because you had a very likable protagonist who had heart and that counts for something.

But then you decided to take on my beloved Star Trek and you thought it was okay to put FUCKING LENSFLARES IN EVERY FUCKING SHOT EVEN IF THE SHOT DID NOT REQUIRE IT IN THE LEAST.

I heard that your wife even criticized you about your lensflare abuse.

I want you to contact this support group, it's a toll-free number:

1-800-I-CANT-GET-OVER-USING-LENSFLARES

Call now, before it's too late...
>>
You turned Star Wars into a Marvel movie with your shitty pacing.
>>
>>67618779
>if i criticize TFA i am sexist
False.
>if i enjoy a different movie that has a woman in it,there is no possible way I am sexist
Also false.
>the complaint I had about TFA had everything to do with the movie as a whole, and nothing to do with contrived sexist dogma.
False again, friendo.
>>
>>67618779
>>67618974
>Harry Potter defeats Voldemort as an 11 year old
>Superman can literally do anything
>Hugh Glass in the Revenant kills a bear, survives off the land, heals himself, crawls 100 miles with a broken foot, avoids being killed multiple times
>Rey (who deals with ship parts) knows how to fly a ship and beats an injured guy in a fight after the film explicitly shows that she's proficient in combat earlier

Gender is the only thing I can point to.
>>
>>67619021
Mate you're high, Luke got training in ANH, the trusting the force to blow up the murder sphere was set up when he was told to trust the force while training with the floating ball on the Falcon, training he got from a Jedi Master. And again, Rey is good at and excels at everything she touches, from marksmanship, to flying, to hand to hand combat, sword combat, to ship repair, and so on. Just accept it mate, she's a malformed character at best
>>
File: logical-fallacies.png (1 MB, 1283x917) Image search: [Google]
logical-fallacies.png
1 MB, 1283x917
>>67618974
>I didn't mention gender
You called out a female character for some shit you made up. That's like saying "I didn't say the n-word, therefore it's not racist."
>>
>>67619097
His wife made him stop using lensflares. TFA only had like 2.
>>
>>67617435
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
who won the war in Revolution?

the nanites or the humans? did the power come back on?
>>
>>67619163
I don't like any of that media you mentioned in general my friend, but that's not what this thread is about? So stop piling on unrelated shit nobody mentioned to prove my entire argument is based on sexism.
>>
>>67619179
Some shit I made up? I have pointed out the exact reasons I think she's a bad character you shit eating commie, all you have is bringing up unrelated shit and going "well why haven't you criticised that?!" Which is viscously fallacious
>>
>>67619249
>not liking The Revenant
And yes, it's absolutely what this thread is about. The "SJW" complaints against JJ prove that there's a political aspect to the hate the movie gets here.
>>
>>67617295
You should have taken some risks and made something unique.
>>
>>67617686
He was one of the writers,
>>
>>67619322
I didn't like the revenant cos I thought DiCaprio was ridiculously overacting and his character was boring, almost similar reasoning to my dislike of Rey, so what the fuck are your continuing to babble about
>>
>>67617295
you are everything what's wrong with the hollywood of today.
>>
>>67617295
So your friends actually call you JJ? What if you have a co-worker called J?
>>
>>67619322
>liking The Revenant
One of the most fundamentally empty movies I've ever seen, despite it's ultra-pretentious posturing.
>>
>>67619176
There are narrative justifications for her being good at combat (her home planet being a hostile place to live) the same way that there are narrative justification (shooting wamp rats) for Luke being able to make the target. Again, you're mad at the ramp up and the superhero-like arc, not the fact that she's good at stuff.
>>
>>67617295
you're a fucking hack
>>
>>67619421
>not understanding the symbolism, themes, and motifs
How embarrassing. It's not a great movie, but "one of the most empty movies I've ever seen" is one of the most idiotically hyperbolic posts i've read this month. Either you've seen 3 movies in your life, or the depth that is there completely went over your head.
>>
>>67617295
Thanks for ruining Star Wars and Star Trek you unimaginative cunt.
And for the future adding a black guy doesn't count as a new and unique idea.
>>
>>67618661
>You're a sexist. That's it.
This might be hard for your politically correct pea brain to surmise, but to thoughtful people "sexism" isn't actually an end argument.

Yes, I am a sexist. What now?
>>
>>67619516
>Yes, I am a sexist. What now?
Nothing. It just means that your opinion of the film is affected by an irrational dislike of women.
>>
GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>67619428
Now because unlike Luke we are made to make GUESSES as to why she's so good, and aren't being given reasons by the plot as to why she is good, that is my sticking point. Everything Luke excells at is set up, everything she excells at we have to infer is either from her home environment or she's the force chosen one, but the plot itself never tells us these things, which is why they seem like asspulls to me. Now do you understand what I'm saying
>>
>>67619591
>not being a philo-Semite
>not supporting Israel
thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmMllp8hJg
>>
>>67619578
are you a feminist ?

if yes, your opinion of the film is affected by an irrational dislike of white men. You liked it because they're not there.
>>
>>67618440
>Rey discovering her powers is no different than Spider-man discovering his powers.
Exactly, that's how capeshit work, not the force

Luke had to be taught by two actual master
Rey never had a master and randomly find out she have a godmode, it break everything that was established by the previous 6 movie for the sake of a mary sue
>>
>>67619578
And your opinion cant being coloured by a feeling of needing to protect and support women? It's almost like it could swing both ways
>>
>>67617295
ha ha hi JJ. What is your favorite candy bar? (775 points)
>>
>>67619608
The thing about TFA is that, unlike most modern popular films, there's almost no exposition. In that one sense (and only in that one sense) is sort-of like an art film: we're made to understand backstory through hints, environment, and characterization. We get that the fact that she lives on a hostile planet is why she had to learn how to defend herself. We get that her being a ship scavenger is why she's so knowledgeable concerning the falcon. We get from her reaction when Finn mentions Luke that she knows about the force through myth and legend. The storytelling is often visual, or implied through other means.
>>
>>67617295
Star Wars episode 7 is the worst one of all.
>>
File: thatmoment.gif (633 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
thatmoment.gif
633 KB, 500x265
>>67617295
>Please cast Brendan
>>
>>67619720
>>67619750
I'm not a feminist, and I don't feel any need to protect women. I'm just pointing out that similarly powerful men aren't called out for being Gary Stues. How often do you hear the term here? There are just different standards for women.
>>
>>67619578
>irrational dislike
Nothing to do with disliking them. I rationally discriminate between men and women.
>>
>>67619731
Luke was trained for like 5 minutes by Obi-Wan. He didn't receive his proper training until he met Yoda, and even then he never completed it. Keep in mind what Rey does: she uses a Jedi mindtrick, and she beats an injured and emotionally distressed guy in a fight. Much lesser feats that what Luke did at the end of ANH.
>>
>>67619831
Well in my opinion the ambiguity and characterisation were very badly done and were terrible stand ins for decent fucking WORLD BUILDING.

Also all your previous arguments have nothing to do with one another, and then lines you argued along earlier don't fit in with the point you're getting across here, why is that
>>
>>67619503
The depth didn't go over my head, Innaritu just tricked you into thinking that there was depth there with artsy dream sequences and good cinematography. How embarrassing indeed.
>>
>>67619897
Do you think every female character in any movie is being called a mary sue ?
In fact, Rey in TFA was the only one called mary sue and criticized like this.
>>
>>67619940
It's irrational to complain about power level in a universe with literal magic. Rational is complaining that that lady from The Avengers can beat up groups of men, but Rey is a fucking space wizard.
>>
>>67617295
One day someone is going to shove you in an oven you dirty rotten kike.
>>
>>67619897
Name a Gary Stu in the star wars series
>>
>>67619980
People are forgetting that Rey was getting her ass kicked and didn't beat Kylo because he was injured, she beat him because SHE CLOSED HER FUCKING EYES and somehow became a god. That's the laziest piece of writing in the movie.
>>
>>67620038
>Rey in TFA was the only one called mary sue and criticized like this.
By one guy on twitter, which was then picked up by /tv/ and turned into a meme, like "glib facsimile"
>>
>>67617295

Quit ruining shit I grew up with. Go with Micheal Bay on some vacation in a galaxy far far away.
>>
>>67620038
Don't bother, look how quick these shit kickers unironically pulled that card, jesus
>>
>>67620002
If the depth didn't go over your head explain what the movie's about from a thematic standpoint.
>>
>>67619980
Obi-wan taught Luke the force existed and how to use it during their travel
Luke doesnt proceed to force lighting the entire death star, he just aim without the computer aid
Not even a real power of force, just a "feeling" of the force helping him in a critical moment

Rey never had a master or knowledge of anyone who used it whatsoever and she pull out a jedi mind control and a stronger force pull than Kylo, who is trained by an actual master

6 episode of a recurring theme of master/apprentice and experience being the most important thing about the force and they all throw it in the trash in one episode

Now people are argue about the "reason" that she's a litteral god but honestly I dont see how they can salvage it without lazy writing such as "She is the one!" or "She had amnesia!"
>>
>>67619994
>World building
Genre fiction sucks for this reason.
>>
>>67620194
Thank God you're here to put all this succinctly for these illiterates.

Get ready though, you're argument ponts mean nothing you misogynist.
>>
>>67620194
>Luke doesnt proceed to force lighting the entire death star, he just aim without the computer aid
Oh, you mean hitting a target the size of a dog manually while moving at supersonic speed is more impressive than kicking emo Vader's ass?
>>
>>67620139
'Revenge is bad and nature is harsh or something, idk, give me another Oscar'

It was an unbelievably shallow movie that presented itself like it was some kind of deep, meaningful statement. But it wasn't.
>>
>>67617295

Why are you so goddamn stupid?! Seriously, all your films are nothing but loud noises & shiny objects. And in between that seizure inducing bludgeoning you have nothing but stupid character doing stupid things. BE MORE SMART!
>>
>>67617810
>Character driven
Oh so you like one dimensional marvel characters?
>>
>>67620290
Luke had a pilot and weapon experience
Hitting that spot was the plan all-along, he knew what he was getting into, so it's not all "force" related here

So yeah, learning jedi mindcontrol and a stronger force pull than a trained apprentice in 24h without any master is indeed more impressive than luke hitting his target

Now the real question is how are they gonna justify that, and I'm focusing on the force-stuff here, let's not even talk about how she know the millenum falcon better than han solo
>>
File: 1459133707513.png (200 KB, 733x852) Image search: [Google]
1459133707513.png
200 KB, 733x852
>>67619691
>>
>>67619873
YES! SAVE THE BRENDAN!
>>
>>67620194
Obi-wan spent a couple of days with Luke and mostly spent that time telling him what the Force was. Rey understood the Force from the beginning, and had that moment with the orange alien telling her that she had Force powers.

>Luke doesnt proceed to force lighting the entire death star, he just aim without the computer aid
Which, from a narrative standard, is far more impressive than what Rey ends up doing.

The issue with arguing that training is a necessary aspect of being able to do tricks like force pull is that Leia is able to use the Force without any training in order to find Luke at the end of ESB, and Luke was able to force pull long before he officially begins his training with Yoda. There's no consistency in the series. The Force is a spiritual, ethereal power, it doesn't require training the same way that hand-to-hand combat does.
>>
>>67620290
Yes because the target wasn't also trained for longer in the force
>>
File: SpiralCanteen.jpg (16 KB, 400x249) Image search: [Google]
SpiralCanteen.jpg
16 KB, 400x249
>>67620314
>not getting the fact that Leo slowly becomes the bear as he wears its pelts and hunts the guy who hurt his child the same way the bear hunted him for going near his cubs
>not understating the cyclical nature of revenge
>not understanding the Christian theme of Grace and divine justice
Stop being such a fucking pleb
>>
>>67620505
>Which, from a narrative standard, is far more impressive than what Rey ends up doing.
How so?
It was impressive, but mostly because his friends helped keep the tie fighters off his back.
The mission wasn't impossible, otherwise they wouldn't have tried it. The High Command and Luke were pretty confident it'd work. Only that one pilot said it was impossible.

I guess its amazing that he did it without computers but he had his Master guiding him, maybe helping him, and he " used to bull's-eye womp rats in [his] T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."
>>
>>67617295

I'd say you did a decent job, and Kylo Ren was great.

But stop forced diversity and stop forcing black/white interbreeding in literally every film you make you dumb cunt.
>>
>>67620441
Rey had weapons experience too. Did you watch her beat up those guys with the stuff in the beginning? She also had pilot experience. It's funny, hearing about Luke having this experience in dialogue is somehow more authentic than seeing Rey show off her experience in actual scenes.

>So yeah, learning jedi mindcontrol and a stronger force pull than a trained apprentice in 24h without any master is indeed more impressive than luke hitting his target
She clearly knows what the force is through stories, and she's heard of mindtrick and force pull. The reason she was able to best Kylo is because he was hurt, distressed, and he didn't finish his training.
>>
>>67620662
None of that is 'deep.' It's a freshman film student's thesis with a 100 million budget.
>>
>>67620505
>The issue with arguing that training is a necessary aspect of being able to do tricks like force pull is that Leia is able to use the Force without any training in order to find Luke at the end of ESB
Leia feel her brother is in danger, which is probably more a result of Luke's power
She doesnt use any power whatsoever at any point, so just like luke, another "feeling"

>and Luke was able to force pull long before he officially begins his training with Yoda. There's no consistency in the series.
Luke was able to do it months after being initiated by Obi-wan and used the power in a critical situation

Rey was in a "critical" situation when she does the force pull, but so was Kylo who is a more trained and experienced force user
But when she is sitting alone in a room and just perfectly mindcontrol the trooper to free her, that's where they jump the shark
>>
>>67620729
See that's the whole point I've tried to make. With Luke all his skill is masterfully set up beforehand, with Rey it's pulled out of the plot's ass on demand and someone has the gall to say it's cos JJ is being intentionally "ambiguous", fuck that
>>
>>67620790
It's not the deepest film ever made. It's also fucking retarded to call it "one of the most empty movies I've ever seen." It's a moderately intelligent, middle brow film.
>>
>It's funny, hearing about Luke having this experience in dialogue is somehow more authentic than seeing Rey show off her experience in actual scenes.

Yeah fuck basic storytelling devices right, characters just doing things with no context or background makes just as much sense, especially when they do so many things, everything in fact, much better than everyone around them
>>
>>67620908
Meant for>>67620784
>>
>>67620826
>With Luke all his skill is masterfully set up beforehand
Except that it fucking isn't. The first time you see him fly is during the trench run. At least you see Rey fight before she meets Kylo Ren.
>>
>>67620908
You're a fucking retard holy shit. Expository dialogue is inherently inferior than actual story. "Show don't tell" is such a basic storytelling axiom.
>>
>>67620961
It's not about seeing you retard, he sets it up by having it fucking mentioned, you dense nigger, which is better than Rey cos she just hops in a ship, the Falcon, with no previous mention of piloting skill, and is good to go and knows more about it than Han. Please try again
>>
>>67620908
I know, it would have been much better if Luke just beat Darth Vader, then everyone said it was impossible to blow up the Death Star, so Luke tells everyone how to fly their own X-Wings despite never being in one, then takes on all the tie fighters at once, and then tells Obi Wan's ghost that he shouldn't use a computer and blows up the Death Star while tweeting.
Now that would have been a masterpiece.

I don't know how people can be so dumb. But I've learned not to doubt it.
>>
>>67620995
That's the thing though, that you ignore like the ignorant cunt you are, is she is better at everything than everyone around her and not once are we given a reason why. That's very different from "shoe, don't tell". Please
>>
>>67617295
you should stick to tv

fringe and lost were great
>>
>>67620505
>There's no consistency in the series. The Force is a spiritual, ethereal power, it doesn't require training the same way that hand-to-hand combat does.
It does, and it's a recurring theme in the serie

Hence why you have Obiwan dumpster Anakin
Or the old Dooku completely dumpster both Obi-wan and Anakin (Remember, the chosen one) at the same time, only to get dumpstered by his more-experienced master, Yoda

Kylo ren is shown at the beginning of the movie force-blocking a heavy blaster shot, so he's no joke
Then you have someone who never heard of the force 24h before overriding his force pull

Doesnt add up, she's either god, trained and amnesia'd, or she was bitten by a force spider
>>
>>67620794
Don't treat this like a concession, because it's not, but I don't feel like arguing this because i've wasted dozens of hours discussion this movie online, and because the Force is, like religion, an ethereal concept. There's no objective reason why Leia using the Force to find his brother without any training is more justifiable than combat-trained Rey beating an injured Kylo Ren. There's no objective reason as to why Rey can't be quicker to learn force pull than Luke was. This stuff isn't set in stone, it's symbolic and subjective. And if it bothers you you're probably on the spectrum.
>>
>>67621135
>dumpster
is this some kind of new ebonics?
>>
>>67621145
>And if it bothers you you're probably on the spectrum.
The spectrum of people who care about shit writing ? Sure, count me in
>>
>>67621135
The prequels basically aren't canon anymore. It's implied through how TFA treats the Force.
>>
Pls cast me JJ I want to get good roles and get really rich so I can spend the rest of my career making movies.
>>
>>67621145
Tripfag reinforcing the fact that tripfags are dumb as fuck once again.
>>
>>67621016
See>>67620995
And we actually see Rey deal with ship parts.
>>
>>67621077
WOW I NEED EVERYTHING EXPLAINED TO ME. PLEASE TELL ME EVERYTHING REY IS CAPABLE OF DOING THROUGH DIALOGUE AHEAD OF TIME INSTEAD OF ALLOWING HER CIRCUMSTANCES TO ARTICULATE HER SKILLS.
>>
>>67621212
As gay and shitty as TFA is, I'm OK with that.

But isn't it kind of cannon since those cartoons are?
>>
>>67621212
>The prequels basically aren't canon anymore
So they fucked up so hard they litteraly had to retcon half of the star wars canon ?
That doesnt exactly go against my argument of shitty writing
>>
>>67621296
No one can be this dumb.
2/10
>>
>>67621296
No faggot If you payed an ounce of attention you'd see my issue is that none of her skills are set up. I'd be fine with a limited example but she excels at everything and none of it has background. Please eat a bullet
>>
I want to shove you (whilst you pleadingly scream) into a gas chamber. I would then furiously fap as you scream in ululating agony. Once I cum, I would smear my cum all over your hideous kike-face.

It's time for a second Holocaust.
>>
>>67617455

The fuck are you talking about, faggot? The kike niggerfied SW.
>>
>>67621349
TFA is half reboot half sequel. It takes bits and pieces from the canon, but it's not slavishly adherent to it.
>>
>>67621373
by "they' you mean Lucas fucked up so hard. Can you blame them based on how terribly the prequels were received?
>>
>>67617295
You look like my grandma.
>>
>>67621507
That makes it sound that the VII is the one that isn't cannon.
>>
>>67621445
>none of her skills are set up
The fact that she gets semi-raped on Jakku explains why she would be good at combat: she needs to protect herself. The fact that she's a ship scavenger explains why she so good at understanding the Falcon. Her skills are explained by her circumstances.
>>
>>67617956

Tripfaggot. I hope your nigger prostitute bites your tiny cock off, you fucking faggot fuck. FUCK OFF AND DIE TRIPFAGGOT! No one gives a fucking FUCK about your gay opinion. TFA is shit and so is your brain, faggot.
>>
>>67621543
Was TFA any better ?
Beside the "experience is everything" is in both the prequel and OT, so Rey is retconning that aswell
>>
>>67618206

Suck a nigger cock.
>>
>>67618536

Tripfaggot. Go suck a nigger cock, you retarded fuck.
>>
>>67621577
The series is pretty inconsistent in that regard. No one can honestly say that Episode IV was made with the story of Episode I in mind. I don't mind that, but I can see why people would.
>>
>>67621643
>>67621736
>>67621772
How can someone liking a movie trigger you this much? I could almost understand being mad that someone is trashing your favorite flick, but this is just embarrassing.
>>
>>67618661

I hope you're ass-raped by a pack of niggers, you stupid fuck.
>>
bring back felicity
>>
>>67621661
>Was TFA any better ?
Uh, yes. It's derivative, but it gets he fundamentals of filmmaking right. It's well acted, well shot, moves along at a nice pace. It's, at worst, mediocre.
>>
>>67618744

You're either a brilliant troll or an irritating cunt. Either way, fuck off and die, bitch.
>>
Fuck you, TFA actually ruined the SW saga.

Casually shitting all over the happy ending of ROTJ in every way: a new republic ded, jedi return is stopped, Han&Leia fail as a couple because their son became a retarded fag - must be based on your folks there.
>>
>>67621615
What explains the reason why she's so boring?
>>
>>67619179

Eat shit and die.
>>
>>67622008
You can't make a sequel without new obstacles and antagonists.
>>
>>67619428

>not the fact that she's good at stuff.

Its not that she's good at stuff, its that she's good at EVERYTHING the FIRST FUCKING TIME SHE TRIES IT. No flaws, no failings, just a boring charterer.
>>
>>67617295
why did you unmask jarjar?
>>
>>67622167

Granted that's true. You can have new obstacles and antagonists without remaking the first one and fucking everything that came before you though. Well, OK you could and I could. JJ not so much.
>>
>>67619897

>I'm just pointing out that similarly powerful men aren't called out for being Gary Stues.

Yes they are cunt. That's why Superman is generally thought of as an uninteresting character.
>>
>>67622220
Did you really want everything to be happily ever after? That's not narratively interesting.
>>
>>67617295
disney made the right choice. u did for star wars exactly what you did for trek. you made it interesting again.
>>
>>67617400
how did she not get his huge kike nose?
>>
>>67617295
go make another tv series for manchildren and leave films alone
>>
>>67622008
Han and Leia failing predated Kylo going nuts and was in fact half the reason their son went batshit. They basically made them idiots in this sequel trilogy for some reason. To create the drama I guess.
>>
>>67621818

You're just mad because your father bit your nutsack a few minutes ago.
>>
>>67622215
I know this comes across as apologetic, but her arc is literally 99% of superhero narratives. I don't understand why she gets so much shit on /tv/ for being good at everything but the dude from The Martian doesn't. It's a meme, no different from glib facsimile and bane posting.
>>
File: imageedit_1_2365221295.jpg (46 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
imageedit_1_2365221295.jpg
46 KB, 450x335
Don't ever put lens flare on me or my son ever again.
>>
>>67622520
Probably because she's a woman. She isn't a Mary Sue.

But her not being a Mary Sue doesn't change the fact that she's boring as all hell. As are many superhero protagonists or protagonists of action movies in general who are meant to be the "relatable" or wishful thinking audience stand-ins to the point where everyone likes the side characters better.
>>
>>67622707
Okay, I kekd!
>>
>>67622860
She's weirdly stoic and unrelatable. I think it's the fact that she has no family. It's like a weird, slave hermit who never developed a personality.
>>
File: rage.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
19 KB, 300x309
>>67617295
If you see a room full of white people and your first thought is, "Something must be done about this!" you're a goddamn racist.
>>
>>67623224
The funny thing is the room was actually full of Jewish people.
>>
You're a greedy Jew, and I hate you.

All you care about is money, through and through.
>>
>>67617295
The world would have been a better place if your ancestors hadn't managed to escape ze Germans...
>>
>>67617295
you'll always be a trekkie to the rest of us

go write another Cloverfield, you fuck
>>
>>67617295
Why are you trying so hard to copy Eisenstein's look?
>>
Are you that dependent on your team of writers (i.e. a hack) that you couldn't make Lost competently during the WGA Strike?
>>
>>67617333
this.
>>
>>67617455

>save star wars

Stop. This isn't funny
>>
File: 1458685466286.jpg (26 KB, 540x798) Image search: [Google]
1458685466286.jpg
26 KB, 540x798
Why did you choose to remake the best star trek film?

ST has unlimited possiblities and you chickend out to make $$$

Also Super 8 sucks.
>>
Lost was arbitrary nonsense and every film you have made and ever will make is mind numbing mediocrity.

But at least star wars wasn't prequel levels of shit just entirely forgettable so kudos
>>
So what franchise are you gonna ruin next JJ?
>>
George Lucas on his worst day is 5 times a better visionary and director than you
>>
>>67624383
>Lucas is better visionary, but JJ is better director
fixed
>>
>>67624504

You can't say that to the guy who made American Graffiti
>>
>>67624554
American Graffiti is not a well-directed film at all. People liked it because of the relatable characters and settling; even the producers thought that it was poorly directed.
>>
>>67620385
It was a 2 hour action movie. They established likable characters, put them against the odds, and gave them plenty of room to grow. What's the problem?
>>
>>67617295
you suck
>>
>>67619691
I definetly agree there's some things she is too good at but Kylo Ren was obviously heavily injured after being shot and sliced and it's clear there is some kind of mystery around her that explains why she has super force powers that will be in sequels. It is literally called "The Force Awakens" of course if this doesn't happen I would agree it's a flaw.
>>
>>67617295
I will put you in the gas chamber yet you fucking cock sucking jew
>>
>>67617295
KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE KIKE
>>
>>67618206
Luke was training in the force while the millennium falcon travelled to alderaan. Granted, I don't know exactly how long that time was, but it still makes for a fuckton more time training than Rey. And it's not like he was overpowering trained force users trying to read his mind, he simply succeeded in hitting a target that we know he could have hit in scenarios before as he stated in the planning of the attack. He used the force, for a second, for a miracle. Rey abused the force for the entirety of the movie. Literally demonstrated more power in the force than the fucking chosen one with no training.
>>
>>67619163
I would point out that Hugh Glass was a real person? Supergirl can do the same shit Superman can as they're both pretty much god when not on Krypton or in the presence of Kryptonite. I personally despise the Harry Potter franchise, but there's some shit involving some protective spell from his mother. Also an explicitly stated prophecy was the whole reason Voldemort attempted to kill him in the first place. Rey? Rey... ate some fucking bread. And then was for some reason the ultimate hand to hand fighter, force user, pilot, repairman, shooter, sword fighter, etc. She's a fucking retarded character who does nothing to earn emotional investment as she's literally never in real danger apparently. But hey that's just me being sexist eh?
>>
>>67624768
The Darkside doesn't work that way, injury only aides you, that's why Kylo kept hitting his injury, pain increases his power in the darkside. Vader, was a veritable open wound. Third degree burns never heal and you're constantly in pain. Pain fuels the darkside. Fear, and suffering fuels Kylo. Rey beats him because she's a maRey Sue.

Every disney princess beats the bad guy by film's end. Every one.

>>67618206
You do know Luke used the force to time when to fire, right? The missiles did everything else on their own. Luke didn't blow up the death star anymore than his fighter did. He simply used the force to time when to fire.

You Rey moronic assholes are something else.

>>67624949
Don't you go aiding that dummy. Luke used the force to time when to aim. HE DIDN'T BLOW UP THE DEATH STAR, THE DAMN MISSILES DID THAT. not to mention, LUKE GOT HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM THROUGHOUT AND COULDN'T EVEN PULL HIS SABER TO HIM WHEN HE REALLY NEEDED IT.

Rey however, just heard about the force and for no reason, she's telepathic, and telepathic suggestions on par with a dark jedi master, and she can out force pull an actual dark jedi master practitioner.

can you say, maRey Sue?
>>
>>67617295

You look like that grotesque Flattop villain from Dick Tracey in this pic.
>>
>>67619163
Hugh Glass is a real person, you dimshit.

Superman's not a Mary Sue. Doomsday killed him.

Rey can fly a ship better than its original pilots PILOTS, PILOTS, AS IN TWO. She flies the falcon and masters it in a dog fight, in the innards of a death star, and knows how to fix it, better, than the guy who owned it for decades.

she defeats everyone she faces, SHE DEFEATS, EVERYONE SHE FACES. UPON HEARING ABOUT THE FORCE, SHE MASTERS IT! Defeating a dark jedi master just because.
>>
REY MIXER
SERIOUSLY JJ
SERIOUSLY
REY FUCKING MIXER
YOU FUCKING KIKE JJ
I'M A BIT JEWISH, AND I'M CALLING YOU A KIKE
THAT'S HOW BADLY YOU FUCKED THIS ONE UP
>>
>>67624768
See I want to believe this is the kind of thinking everyone really has and all the may sue nonsense is just memeing. Is that just me being too hopeful for the people here?
>>
>>67625214
>Pain fuels the darkside. Fear, and suffering fuels Kylo. Rey beats him because she's a maRey Sue
But Kylo hasn't completed his training yet AND its pretty clear he's drawn to the light rather than the dark.
Not only is it possible his body couldn't take the pain, he also might not have even been able to utilize the dark side of the force like that at all.
>>
>>67617295
I would show him my balls and demand he apologize for the sequel to 300.
>>
>>67625465
Yeah, no, he stops a blaster bolt and the attacker in an instant,and he uses force telepathic interrogation. Both of which are the most purposefully potent force abilities ever seen on screen. UNTIL maREY Sue of course.

KYLO had Rey beat, she says,"Lemme teach you about the force." And Rey has a look of, 'Oh yeah, the swartz.'

And immediately she, for no reason at all, defeats Kylo.

What a bullshit scene.

suffering and Pain powers the darkside. So you're mistaken.
>>
I liked 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Stick to stuff like that because you suck cock at sci fi/fantasy tbqh fa'am
>>
>>67625604
You can't ignore that Kylo really has Jedi in him you dense cunt.
>>
How's it feel being a talentless hack? Like you literally stole the plot of ANH because you are a useless twat.
>>
>>67625611

>I-if I add tumblr, then that means I'm not from tumblr!
>R-right guys?
>>
>>67625723

>h-ha I call him a tumblrite, I bet I'll look edgy and witty!
>I-I'm not mad I swear.

WEW
E
W.
>>
>>67625832

Ahh, nice, adding in some "dank" lingo. Way to show your 4chan cred!
>>
>>67625857

>way to show your 4chan cred, Tumblr!

Whatever helps you cope, lad. :^)
>>
>>67625899

And a Lenny. You're adorable.!
>>
>>67625928

I try.

*blows kiss*
>>
>>67617295
Please stop making movies
>>
>>67625611
>not being able to see a clear fucking joke

you must be new
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.