[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was one of the best super hero movie i have seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: BvS_Imax.jpg (172 KB, 575x387) Image search: [Google]
BvS_Imax.jpg
172 KB, 575x387
At least in the top 3 or top 4 and i've seen all superhero movies

I really don't get the hate. I thought it was amazing. Is this just "let's jump on the hate bandwagon" circle jerk?

In any case, i can't wait for the upcoming dc movies. 1000x more interesting than most marvel movies
>>
File: 1450368074407.png (97 KB, 735x608) Image search: [Google]
1450368074407.png
97 KB, 735x608
I agree, brother.
>>
File: critics btfo.jpg (173 KB, 1296x684) Image search: [Google]
critics btfo.jpg
173 KB, 1296x684
>>
>>67614108
It was boring as shit and made no sense. And the fight scenes were terrible for the most part. Man of Steel has by far better fight scenes that anything in this one.
>>
Goddamn. Fuck off with these threads
>>
>>67614108
Please list your top 3 superhero movies and top 3 all-time movies.
>>
>>67614231
lol nice bait
>>
Yeah it was. Critics tried to "out hate" each other and just made themselves look like irrelevant jackasses. Especially when they give a pass to the same shit in other superhero movies. (plotholes and this didn't make le sense XD)

As if movies like Winter Soldier and TDK weren't riddled with plotholes and things that made no sense.
>>
File: 1459038311268.png (169 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1459038311268.png
169 KB, 1205x1285
>>67614108
>BvS is good

What kind of dumb meme is this?
>>
Honestly Winter Soldier and Avengers 1 are prob the only movies that are as good as BVS and dark knight.
>>
>>67614300
Yes, I am baiting with my opinion on the movie. Seriously tho, did you actually like any of the fight scenes? The Batman v Superman fight especially was a massive let down from the setup to the fight itself and also how it all ended.
>>
>>67614145
>>67614108
I've seen them all and although Avengers and Winter Soldier's pretty sweet, BVS was a better watch.
>>
>>67614314
4chan is for 18+
>>
>>67614108
I'll tell you why BvS is "awful" for some people - it actually strives to reach the same level of creativity as the comic books. Some of the action in the movie is unimaginably well done, some of it is not - that is the main downside of actually trying to transcend pleb action (the kind we've seen so many times in Nolan's dull trilogy). Snyder sets the bar so high he sometimes cannot reach it himself, so of course that productions that are about anything but that drive have it easier, since they do not try hard enough to begin with. Also, that limitation allows for a deeper exploration of micro-plots and psychological meandering, which appeals to high-schoolers and college students who act like jellyfishes in order not to break a bone by being too exuberant. Batman v Superman failed because it actually TRIED, but for the same reason, it also succeeded.

This is the second Superhero movie I rate higher than 5/10 after Spider-Man 2. I sure hope that it does well at the box-office because the world needs more directors like Snyder.

>>67614266
Not OP, but...

>top 3 superhero movies
Spider Man 2
Dawn of Justice
Batman Returns
>top 3 all-time movies
The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant
Gertrud
Syndromes and a Century
>>
File: 1458721412772.png (269 KB, 1494x358) Image search: [Google]
1458721412772.png
269 KB, 1494x358
>>67614450
>>67614108
>>
>>67614505
?
>>
>>67614108
It wasn't coherent in what it tried to say but when it succeeds it hits the right notes.

Much better than any of the mcu joints
>>
>>67614432
That's why I was wondering why you're here. But then I remembered it's spring break
>>
>>67614545
Ignore the retarded Marveltardo. They have no word on film analysis
>>
>Actions, such as the destruction of Metropolis, have (immediate!) in-universe consequences
>Characters undergo actual changes through their individual experiences
>Physical as well as psychological conflict is used metaphorically to highlight and question principles, rules and morals
>Has a hard-earned and thus crystal-clear message of Brotherhood
>Offers no false hope or illusions; illustrates that co-operation is a necessity precisely because there is no hope
>Superman's struggle not driven by physical conflict but rather by the fact that despite him being literally super-powered, he is subject to the same experience and power(lessness) as everyone else, when it comes to emotional, social and metaphysical experiences and questions of morality, the (in)ability to form bonds with other people etc.
>Terrifying portrayal of Batman (e.g. the scene with him hanging in the corner of the room) - a man broken by the world around him, desperately seeking redemption
>Wonder Woman only there because she got up in it, wanted to actively hide her existence yet is forced to fight when confronted with danger
>Smart introduction of other Superhero characters
>Insane, feverish dream sequences
>Exhiliarting OST

This film is as good as it gets when it comes to capeshit. I don't care about the whole DC vs. Marvel and its fine to hate both. But people who unironically praise the drivel that Marvel re-packages and re-sells every 1/2 year and then shit on this film, these people are idiots.
>>
>>67614108
I agree OP, at least BvS tried to be something more than the run of the mill shitty Marvel movie, it's by a mile better than almost every MCU movie except TWS and the first Iron Man.
>>
>Best superhero movie is a solid 5/10

Seems about rigth
>>
>>67614450
Come on man. You're a Fassbinder fan.

You are better than this.
>>
>>67614450
I agree with all of this. It's like the Revenant, it failed to get any abstraction whatsoever but it did something different. Also, top kek where are the marvel virgins heckling on thai Joe
>>
>>67614108
It's a solid 7/10.
>>
>>67614108
Zack Snyder is a pleb filter
>>
Up until the Batman vs Superman fight I was really enjoying it. Then the writers gave up.
>>
>>67615624
You mean pleb filler right?
Because you're not implying you have the cinematic knowledge or taste to make that claim
>>
>>67614266
1)superman '78
2) batman returns
3) rocketeer

1) third man
2) seventh seal
3) die hard
>>
>>67614450
>it actually strives to reach the same level of creativity as the comic books.
Snyder just stole everything from the Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman and did the same thing on film but in a dull shitty way.
>>
>>67614266
nor OP but BvS is in my top 3

all time movie, it'll take a while, i don't have a top movie list desu.I'd need to think about all of them

top 3 superhero movie

Fucking loved Day of the future past (the opening was amazing),the rest was chill
BvS

i'm not sure about the third one desu. I liked captain america but it's maybe because i lost my virginity while watching it. I'll have to think more
>>
The weird thing is that dcanimated movies tend to be pretty decent
And they've covered the formations of the j league at least three times recently.
How did they fuck this up so badly?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.