[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Faggots, I was wondering what your opinion on Jean-Luc Godard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: godard.jpg (71 KB, 615x465) Image search: [Google]
godard.jpg
71 KB, 615x465
Hey Faggots, I was wondering what your opinion on Jean-Luc Godard is?

I've just been getting into a heavy JLG obsession going through Breathless, Le Mepris, Bande a Parte, Alphaville and Pierrot Le Fou, I'm hoping to hit La Chinoise, Weekend and Une Femme est Une Femme soon.

You fags got any suggestions of key films of his to seek out?
>>
>>67614018
vivre sa vie
>>
>le edgy hack retard man

no thanks

bresson and truffaut make him look like uwe boll
>>
>>67614018
I've only seen Breathless, Contempt, Pierrot le Fou, and Vivre sa Vie. The last one is probably my favorite.
>>
Made in U.S.A, Ici et ailleurs, Contempt, Une Femme Mariee, Les enfants jouent à la Russie
>>
>>67614018
sorry mate! Capeshit only! Wait until we and you are dead.
>>
Don't really feel too strongly about him either way. Breathless is pretty terrible though.
>>
>>67614018
He was like the Tarantino of french new wave. Master of style but not much depth. I like him but he isn't that good. Vivre sa vie and Breathless are my favorite films from him.
>>
>>67614247
>Breathless is pretty terrible
That's a really lousy opinion, desu.
>>
>>67614248
>Tarantino of french new wave
Sorry Quentin you've never made anything with half the sociopolitical capital of Dude Le Mao's better films
>>
>>67614095
also melville
>>67614247
it's aiight
>>67614248
eh not really
>>
>>67614374
>dude alienation lmao
>>
I honestly believe that Eric Rohmer and Francois Truffaut are both better film makers.
>>
These are some interesting opinions, I'm definitely going to have to watch some more of his work
>>67614095
I wouldn't call him a hack, it does seem like he really loves film from his interviews and wants to do interesting things with it. That and Le Mepris was incredibly well directed.
>>67614158
Definitely checking these out
>>67614248
I'm liking the Tarantino connection, they both steal and have a love of trashy b-movie genre that they try to pastiche with their own signature style. That and Tarantino has used the Bande a Parte name for his production company along with modelling Uma Thurman's character in Pulp Fiction on Anna Karina, though he never really had the political inclination that JLG had
>>
Don't bother with Week end. It has one remarkable scene but that's it.
>>
>>67614544
>I'm liking the Tarantino connection, they both steal and have a love of trashy b-movie genre that they try to pastiche with their own signature style.
That only applies to Band of Outsiders, Alphaville and maybe Breathless. They're really not that similar overall.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.