[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Live Action Fullmetal Alchemist Announced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 16
File: 7a7d1a2e2293cdf7ee3997bd13553fe2.jpg (626 KB, 3166x2046) Image search: [Google]
7a7d1a2e2293cdf7ee3997bd13553fe2.jpg
626 KB, 3166x2046
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/29/fullmetal-alchemist-live-action-movie-announced

ITS HAPPENING
>>
>>67610435
Most overrated anime ever
Hope it bombs like the dragon ball live action movie
>>
>>67610476
>Most overrated anime ever
Eh no, there are anime shows that are way more overrated.
>>
File: 1459121472821.png (52 KB, 491x650) Image search: [Google]
1459121472821.png
52 KB, 491x650
>>67610476
>most overrated anime

Evangelion
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
Serial Experiments Lain
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Rurouni Kenshin
Naruto
Erased
Gurren Lagann
Digimon
Fate Stay Night
Fairy Tail
Bakemonogatari
Watamote
Berserk
Love Live
Mushishi
Kill la Kill
Sailor Moon
Madoka
Grappler Baki
Hajime no Ippo
One Punch Man
Narutaru
Persona
>>
>>67610435
Um no thank you
>>
>>67610622
>Narutaru
Well that came out of nowhere.
>>
>>67610435
i hope they get michael bay to direct
>>
>>67610435

Will Animeshit be the next Capeshit?

Does this mean I'm going to have normalfags swarm all over my hobby
>>
>>67610476
its overrated, but madoka, eva, naruto, and aot are the most overrated
>>
>>67610435
It really means nothing if it's coming out of Japan since a ridiculous amount of series get live action adaptions/stage plays there.

I mean, Death Note is getting ANOTHER movie. The only time it's worth talking about is if they're getting the west to do it for some reason.
>>
>>67610622
If anything Evangelion is underrated. It's popular, but there are so many halfwits who don't understand the show and whine about it.
>>
>>67610476
I'm not saying it's amazing tier but I thought Brotherhood which actually followed the mangoes was good. Had a satisfying ending at least...

>>67610730
Fucking how!? What else is there to talk about in that universe? They're beating a dead horse at this point. Unless they have a spinoff following Light's cute sister doing cute things in the time skip. I'd watch that.
>>
>>67610435
When will they make a live action Perfect Blue
>>
>>67610435
>being made in Japan

L O L

O

L

Dead on arrival
>>
>>67610676
It's overrated as fuck.

>>67610754
Evangelion is shit. Even the guy who made it said the "symbolism" didn't mean anything and was just for show. The only thing Eva had was good music, everything else was shit.
>>
>>67610954
>Evangelion is shit. Even the guy who made it said the "symbolism" didn't mean anything and was just for show.
Case in point. Retard doesn't understand the show and still talks shit about it.
>>
>>67610435
>the one anime that deserves to be played by western characters
Edward
Alphonse
Roy
Lisa
VON FUCKING HOHENHEIM
>THEY ARE ALL FUCKIGN WHITE, BLONDE WITH BLUE EYES
>CLEARLY IN NOT EUROPE

and it's gonna be made in fucking Japan?
Why are people fucking retarded
>>
>>67610435
>STILL no live action golden boy
That's all I fucking want
>>
>>67611031
Roy looked somewhat asian
>>
>>67610983
Evangelion is for pretentious pseudo-intellectuals like yourself who bought into the artsy visuals and scenes. Even the creator of the show is laughing at you.
>>
>>67611031
The lack of fucking logic is incredible.
>>
>>67611094
Not him, but what if I like it as a dumb giant robots vs giant monsters show? The Angels were cool and the fights were too. Plus the premise of the Eva's was neat. EoE is also an excellent movie tbhonest.
>>
>>67611094
You unironically did not understand Evangelion. That's all there is to say.
>>
>>67610954
Symbolism is still symbolic whether it's intended or not. And there are clear religious metaphors and symbolism throughout, you'd have to be a fucking retard to not notice.
>>
>>67611194
>dumb giant robots vs giant monsters

If that's what you wanted, Eva barely had any. And the robots barely didn anything cool or entertaining.

Evangelion had really good music, but everything else is garbage.
>>
Animeshit never works. Why do they keep trying?
>>
>>67610622
>Berserk
kill yourself pussy
>>
>>67611086
True enough. That said he might be "italian" or he could be mixed with Xing (that was the country's name right? the one those ninjas came from) people.
Other than him though, lemme list the blonde people:
>Van Hohenheim
>Ed
>Al
>Winry
>Winry's mom
>Winry's dad
>Armstrong
>Armstrong's sister
>Havoc
>Liza
>some random blonde soldier kid I forgot his name whatever

Beyond that, their leader is called FÜHRER, they have western uniforms, they are clearly distinct from the chink people, and so on
>>
>>67611031
Attack on Titan is clearly western inspired, hell it's a minor plot point that Asians are almost extinct, yet they made a live action movie where everyone was played by japs and their original character donut steel was the protagonist instead of eren
>>
>>67611245
There's nothing to understand. The creator of the show said so. You still haven't grown out of your edgy chuuni "2DEEP4U" phase.

How many novels have you read? Do you even know what good writing is? Please elaborate on all these things I have to understand.

>>67611284
The creator said the symbolism was just there to look cool. Fucking Spongebob, and a million cartoons have religious symbolism. How does that make it good? Naruto had regilious symbolism. Family Guy and South Park had religious symbolism. Bioshock Infinite had religious symbolism. How does that make it good?

If it's shitty writing and pretentious visuals, it's shitty writing and pretentious visuals.
>>
>>67611430
Wow that is beyond retarded.
>>
>>67610954
catholic symbolism meant nothing, the cross explosions and stuff, they just added it because it looked cool, but that doesn't mean everything meant nothing. You have to be a retard anyway to think that the symbols were most important thing there.
>>
>>67611439
Yes, the religious symbolism was just there to look cool, but that's not what the show is about, retard
>>
>>67611439
>There's nothing to understand.
>Please elaborate on all these things I have to understand.
Your way of thinking about the show is just hopelessly flawed. You believe that it's trying to be some cryptic and "deep" puzzle that needs to be solved, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

The fact that you can't understand what Evangelion is about is a pretty clear indicator that you don't really know how to engage with a serious dramatic work that you don't immediately feel comfortable with.

Furthermore, your belligerent attitude indicates that you don't actually have any desire to understand, and that you just enjoy being an obnoxious loudmouth who insults people on the internet. That's all I have to say to you.
>>
>>67610926
They will make everyone a gook when the universe is clearly european
>>
>>67611430

>their original character donut steel was the protagonist instead of eren

I had heard the live action was awful but I never heard about this part. What the fuck.
>>
>>67611463
The symbolism was the thing most people jerked off to back then. I don't know if you're new to anime, but back then people were praising Eva for being deep kinda like Xenogears.

Outside of the pretentious symbolism (the only thing seperated Eva from most mecha anime) it had boring uninteresting characters. (Making the characters tragic, and adding random religious references don't make those characters good see Batman vs Superman).

I will admit that Eva had a good soundtrack but overall it's pretty bland and shallow despite how hard Gainax tried.
>>
>>67611439
So the whole Adam concept was just there to look cool? Even so, a viewer can still interpret it however they want and find meaning. That's how art works you dumbfuck
>>
>>67611629
I love how nothing in this post answers my question and is just nonsense filler. I love it. Dodge the question like the coward you are.

See, when you confront pseudo-intellectuals, when you call them out on their bullshit, they can't actually say shit.
>>
>>67611650
Same thing with the AoT live action. Clearly a European setting, they even go out of their way to explain that mikasa is the only asian
>>
>>67611729
Batman vs Superman had religious references.

Bioshock 1 and 2 had Adam.

Why does that make it good? Tell me why references make something good. Family Guy constantly make religious references, that must mean it's good.

The thing is, Evangelion did nothing special about all the concepts it had. Just like Bioshock and Xenogears, they just named things after shit in the bible. It had nothing to do with the moral of the story (a very shallow and generic moral by the way) and is just there for hipsters to masturbate to.
>>
>>67610622

>no Ghost in the Shell

s.m.h
>>
File: 1402757086154.jpg (98 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1402757086154.jpg
98 KB, 400x300
>>67610476
Nah, that's Cowboy Bebop, now and forever the pinnacle of entry level. People who watch only 10-20 anime will almost always place that at the top of their list.

It's not terrible however, not at all
>>
>>67610435
Live-action Area 88 when?
>>
>>67611912
Name a better anime then
>>
>>67611704
And you are still talking about that religious stuff, and saying that's why people like Eva, and you are retarded. Noone thinks Eva is some sort of new interpretation of the bible. People like it because its trippy, it's a good drama, psychological study, it makes someone feel a certain way. There is something in there.
>>
>>67611848
Well first off, "good" is entirely subjective. But to answer your question, the difference between the religious symbolism in NGE and say Family Guy as you constantly bring up is the NGE uses this religious symbolism to further explore it's thematic material, whereas Family Guy is for jokes.

In NGE, the religious symbolism is used to explore the idea of who we are. By using primarily Christian symbolism, one could interpret Neon Genesis Evangelion (notice the title of the whole show) to be in a sense a retelling of the Genesis origin story of humanity. The show, among other things, explores the idea of human origin, and how or why that matters.
>>
>>67611912

This post triggered me since I consider Cowboy Bebop to be my top, but if there's one thing I don't mind being "entry level" in, it's fucking anime appreciation.
>>
>>67612025
It does have some interesting religious undertones though, and the Genesis connection is one that I find personally fascinanting. I do not believe that is the sole reading of the show, but I do believe that is one possible interpretation.
>>
>>67612060
he doesn't know...
>>
>>67610622
Only bad ones on there are Sword Art, Digimon, Fairy a Tail, and Love Live. Others are only overrated if you browse nothing but anime forums all day.
>>
>>67611629
Holy fuck look at this retard. Explain Eva then.
>>
I don't give a fuck what any of you faggots say, I loved this show. If that makes me a pleb, I'm happy to be one.
>>
>>67612015
Gundam Zeta off the top of my head.

>>67612113
My question is how many shows you've actually seen then. I didn't say it was bad, it's certainly far above good even, reaches great on occasion.
>>
>>67612162
And Persona. That anime is trash.
>>
Last post for the mentally impaired Eva dickriders.

>The show was boring as a mech anime.

The action scenes were mediocre and not very exciting. If someone just wants to enjoy robots fighting, this is just sleep-inducing.

>The show was not interesting as a "deep philosophical" hipster anime

The symbolism was just there to look cool. Even the pseudo-intellectual fedoras who brag about watching deep anime don't have anything when they're confronted by facts. The religious concepts weren't in any way special or thought provoking. Even the old SMT videogames made some religious stories interesting and fun.

Evangelion failed to be a fun robot show and a deep philosophical show because of its pretentious writers. The only reason it's so overrated is nostalgia and waifufags jerking off to it. In the hands of a great writer, Shinji, Rei and Asuka would have been perfect. Most people were just annoyed or bored to death of these characters. And if they really just wanted to show people muh moral of the story, what's the point of the random edgy shit and pointless side characters? Eva is shit in every aspect. I'm gonna watch Gunbuster, a fun but meaningful anime without the pretentiousness.
>>
>>67612216
How can something be pretentious if there was no meaning behind any of the symbolism from the writers? Wouldn't it just exist if they didn't try to put forth meaning?
>>
File: 12312412124124.jpg (58 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
12312412124124.jpg
58 KB, 624x480
>>67612167
It's Freudian psychology thrown under a Japanese lens of postmodernism and Otaku hate.
>>
>>67612216
Literally retarded.
>>
>>67612216
Just keep pretending that the whole plot was about the religion and nothing else.
>>
>>67610729
No one cares about madoka

Eva really is overrated

People watch Naruto to be entertained, the fans don't pretend it's some masterpiece

Everyone hates aot now. No one gives a fuck
>>
>>67610435
OH FUCK
>whole japanese cast

into the trash
>>
>>67610622
>Attack on Titan

I recently watched that to see what all the fuss was about and finished it in like two days. That's how great it is.
>>
>>67612401
I remember I started to read the manga, thought it was interesting at first, especially when it looked like the MC died really early on. Would have been far more interesting if he stayed dead I think, but I shouldn't have had such high expectations for shounen I suppose.
>>
>>67612337
Eva is overrated but kinda in a different way. It's for those that like pretentious shit, mindfucks, and "artsy feel".
SAO, Naruto, Fairy Tail on the other hand are just "I watch anime and its AWESOME" 9gag capeshit normies
>>
Oh shit nigger, it's made and stars japanese people. What a fucking shit.
>>
>tfw no One Piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCWUFe5H8i8
>>
File: 1451530936167.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1451530936167.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>all japanese actors
>>
>>67612470
>when it looked like the MC died really early on. Would have been far more interesting if he stayed dead

That gimmick gets old really fast. Just look at game of thrones.
Imo the titan power thing was done very tastefully. You'd think he'd turn into a mary sue with such immense power, but there are so much drawbacks to it, especially in the beginning, that it becomes almost a negative thing.
>>
>>67610435
I fucking love FMA but anyone who thinks Japanese live action of anime will make a good movie is fucking delusional. Attack on Titan should be the nail in the coffin for that rule.
>>
Fuck I love this anime, good random scene for anyone that hasn't seen it. Spoilers obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqV_4CG8uZY

Sucks ass that Japanese going to shit on it again. Gonna do myself a favor and not watch any trailers.
>>
>>67612954
Maybe I'll give it another try then, maybe I didn't read enough of it. Just didn't really get all fired up I suppose.
>>
>>67612722
I don't even understand why this is news. Japan makes failures of movies like this every fucking week. And even if it was slightly good, I don't want to watch a movie with a cast consisting of chinks only.
>>
File: bw.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
bw.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>67610435
And why would I want it?
>>
>>67610905
Already did and it's called "black swan"
>>
>>67610622
>Berserk
One job
>>
>>67610622
back to /a/ faggot, take your loli shit with you
>>
>>67613112
I'm speaking on behalf of the anime right now to be clear. I haven't read the manga. I don't like reading manga. Annoyingly there's still only one season and it covers only a part of the manga currently available. Understandably they're waiting to make a second season when there's enough material to cover again.
>>
>>67613094
>english dub

Not even trying to go full weeb here, but the voice acting here just sucks.
>>
>>67612943
hehe, source?
>>
>>67613452
fuck off weeb, FMA has one of the best english dubs out there. Even /a/ can agree on that. Only the most autistic anime faggot hates on that dub. If that dub sucks then there is literally no good dub
>>
File: 1380921259797.jpg (10 KB, 346x260) Image search: [Google]
1380921259797.jpg
10 KB, 346x260
>tfw Guillermo del Toro will never direct a live action Fullmetal Alchemist
>tfw this movie will be terrible, and if a Western adaptation ever happens, it will be just as bad
>>
>>67613801
That's only because it's a poor source material
>>
>>67613094
This shit is why I love FMA. No "ugh, i'm not strong enough, i need more powers from master ping ling ching ching". Nope, just Mustang who solves everything with fire. B-but I'm an immortal being...nope, not if you get put into an incinerator.
>>
>>67612470
>thought it was interesting at first, especially when it looked like the MC died really early on. Would have been far more interesting if he stayed dead I think

how so ?
>>
>>67613932
Same, one of the few movie scenes ever where a villain proclaims themselves as immoral and someone actually tries to test it.

Voice acting is fucking great as well, Lust aka Laura Bailey sounded like she was burning alive. Funny side note, the voice actors behind Mustang and her got married. I guess a man acting to kill you is a turn on.

Her voice as lust was fucking perfect though. Even Hawk Eye was fucking great. That music with her begging Alphonse to run is so good.

Oh but excuse me let me just act like /a/ and declare ALL DUBBED ANIME IS SHIT, FUCK ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T HAVE TROPES AND MOE AND SHIT TO PANDER TO THE AUTISTIC ANIME FANS WHO FUND THE INDUSTRY WITH BODY PILLOWS

But really anime is going down the tube because the largest demographic money wise are the obsessed fans who will by dolls and shit of the underage girls in the show. Even the famous Ghibli Studios went under, because nothing short of degenerate weeb trash can sustain itself in Japan
>>
>>67610435
Is it American or british or at least non-Japanese?
A Japanese FMA doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Well, may and ling would fit but anyone else...
>>
>>67614099
It would have been something different finally in the world of shounen, that's pretty big in its own right.
>>
>>67613878
Yeah, keep telling yourself that mate.
>>
>>67614425
It's Japanese. The last live action anime was Attack on Titan. Everyone is white except for a single character who is asian.

The movie casted all asisns and was a shit show
>>
>>67610435
Reddit Tier Anime
>>
>>67613196
Disgusting
>>
>>67614157
Cowboy Bebop dub is just excellent, Champloo and Dandy had excellent dubs too
All praice shinichiro watanabe i guess.
>>
>>67613094
What the fuck, Al is dubbed by a girl? What a faggy thing to do
>>
>>67610435
So this is what is going to replace capeshit after 2020...anime movies.

oh hollywood, what have you done.
>>
>>67615162
yep

>>67615191
At least it sounds like a guy. All Japanese children sound like girls, their voices induce pain
>>
File: Father was a mistake.gif (2 MB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
Father was a mistake.gif
2 MB, 300x150
>tfw they model it after the manga/Brotherhood instead of the original anime
>>
>>67615416
>Archer
>>
>>67615523
Que?
>>
>>67615416
Brotherhood has a better from an adaption standpoint.

FMA just takes care of its story better.

The ultimate anime would be Brotherhood's story if they treated it as well as they treated FMA.
>>
>>67615416
>>67615735
To anyone that doesn't know, eventually the anime caught up with the source material aka the manga. Instead of doing what most trash anime does (Naruto, One Piece, etc. etc.) and tell them to make a bunch of trash episodes aka filler that drags the anime on for hundreds of episodes, they just told the anime team to make their own different story.

So both anime start the same and then branch off. It's one of the reason the anime is at least respected because the creators turned down the opportunity to make shit loads of cash by destroying their creation.
>>
>>67616225
Isn't the original anime more faithful to the manga before it caught up?
I'm pretty sure Brotherhood speeds through the similar material at mach speed.
>>
>>67616421
yes, they saw no reason to recap in the second anime. It's the reason you are supposed to watch them in their creation order otherwise you will be completely lose.
>>
>>67616421
>>67616458
I think the original FMA anime inserts a few rougue plot elements in the early episodes to get the altered plot ready beforehand actually, but I could be wrong.
Like I'm pretty sure Dante is mentioned for instance before they actually caught up to the manga.
>>
>>67610435
>Japanese live action.

Oh wow, a fucking piece of shit with idols who can't act on top of being forced to overact like crazy, melodrama out the ass and CGI that looks like it belongs in a PS2 game.

It's a blue moon when a Japanese adaption actually works. (Ace Attorney, Mushishi, Cutie Honey)
>>
File: GITS01.jpg (33 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
GITS01.jpg
33 KB, 630x420
>Along with ghost in the shell
>Death note

GITS is the only one that's ever going to come out and I'm not even holding my breath for that since it's been in pre-production for almost 30 years.

Death Note has been in pre-production since 2007, doesn't have a cast or director or script or anything.

On top of that there is HBO's Monster which has been dropped and Del Toro has been shipping around too new studios, Tom Cruises Ukikaze has been in pre-production for 4-5 years and Universal have had Pluto in pre-production for around 5 years.

Hollywood is never going to start making anime adaptions. They buy the IP rights just to hold them incase and shit out a script every so often so they can continue holding the rights and pretend they aren't just sitting on them so nobody else can have them.
>>
>>67610435
>weebshit
tfw im actually living on hell
>>
File: smug.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
>>67610435
This will look worse than a FMA themed JAV
>>
File: 1459137307075.jpg (78 KB, 433x561) Image search: [Google]
1459137307075.jpg
78 KB, 433x561
>>67610622
>Evangelion
Pleb detected, stopped reading right there.
>>
>>67610668
>Um
Go back to Gaia online, faggot.
>>
>>67611439
The most autistic post I've read in a while.
>>
>>67612216
Autism speaks
>>
>get mildly excited
>its japanese
Oh who gives a fuck, they make one for every anime ever and they invariably suck
>>
I finished Brotherhood like a week ago. I can't stomach live-action anime adaptations with Japs, though.
>>
>>67618326
Well, i was going to play fate stay night.
Fuck that
>>
>Capekino
>Vidyakino
>Kin-ime
Golden age of /tv/
>>
>>67610435

Cape movies are running out of steam. BvS disaster is a sign for many studios that they should start looking elsewhere.

And manga sells better than cape comics even in fucking USA.

I hope you are ready for a ton of shitty americanized anime adaptations.
>>
>>67619448
anime is garbage you faggot. even batman vs superman has better writing than trash like mushishit
>>
So they'll stick a blonde wig on some Jap fuck and it will immediately look stupid and unnatural, like these adaptations always do.
>>
File: 1029382309354.jpg (62 KB, 1023x688) Image search: [Google]
1029382309354.jpg
62 KB, 1023x688
>>67619514
>superheroes used to be nerdy and lame
>now its cool to wear an Avengers shirt
>anime is seen as nothing but weebshit
>live action anime will be the new cool
>>
>>67619514
Anime has too much fat virgin otaku pandering to ever be that mainstream.
>>
>>67620262

You are retarded if you think all anime is like that. There are like 5 harems for otaku per season. Out of 50 series.

And everybody used to think that superheroes are for fat manchildren. Then Avengers happened.
>>
File: image.png (12 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12 KB, 500x294
>>67610622
You're trying way to hard there anon.
>>
>>67620348
Sure, you can probably make a Bebop movie or something but today's anime market where studios would rather play it safe with faggy SoL anime then no.
>>
>>67612162
>Love Live
>bad
kys
>>
>>67619624
At least you tried.
>>
>>67620262
There seems to be much more girls that are into anime than into comics though.
>>
>>67612401
It's good but it is overrated. Really good tone and music and animation, but the main character is fundamentally unlikable and too many characters are lacking.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.