[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aleksei german
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: htbag.jpg (134 KB, 1024x728) Image search: [Google]
htbag.jpg
134 KB, 1024x728
/tv/ who here saw the greatest film of the decade? and does anyone know where i can get hold of german's other movies?
i constantly want to rewatch this all the time, it's like being totally submerged
>tfw ywn be as noble as don rumata
>>
>>67608466
you're a slav, aren't you?
cyкa
>>
I've downloaded it, but not watched it yet.
>4 hours long

i don't know if i can do it, bro.
the trailer had me so hype, but i just know i wont be able to sit and pay attention for 4 hours.
i think i'll need to drop 200mg of modafinil before trying.
>>
This film is a peak of German's mental illness and self-indulgence. And that's a shame because he was a truly great director some decades ago.
>>
>>67608551
it's definitely something you need to set aside basically an entire day for, but it's also pretty disjointed so you could probably split it into chunks
>>67608522
if i was slav i wouldnt need to find subbed copies of his other movies
>>
>>67608719
buddy i'd love to find out if you're right so could you direct me to his great films?
cos if youre just gonna be unhelpful you can fuck off
>>
>>67608765
Trial on the Road
Twenty Days Without War
>>
>>67608725
to download other movies made by him go to his russian wiki https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BD,_%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B9_%D0%AE%D1%80%D1%8C%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%87#.D0.A4.D0.B8.D0.BB.D1.8C.D0.BC.D0.BE.D0.B3.D1.80.D0.B0.D1.84.D0.B8.D1.8F
copy names of the movies where he was a director (1st column), then go here http://film.arjlover.net/film/ and search for it.
you'll be able to download movie with original audio and no subs.
to find subs just paste movie name + "subtitles" on google.
I tried to find his best movie - Check-up on the roads, and it's available on opensubtitles.org.
but i'm russian and i don't need subtitles, so you will have to do it yourself
here, have some bonus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8JRiCNhZeY
>>
mumble
stare at camera
roll in shit
repeat for 3 hours
kino confirmed
>>
>>67609059
holy shit anon you're a saint
>>
>>67609136

>mumble

Literally understood only 10-20 words of the dialogue and I'm russian
>>
File: Sort of want.jpg (76 KB, 650x602) Image search: [Google]
Sort of want.jpg
76 KB, 650x602
>mfw it took me about 2 hours to realize this was not a documentary about contemporary Russian village life
>>
>>67609059
Check-up on the roads is awesome, yes.
But his two last films are just stupid degeneracy.
>>
>>67609136
try to read the book "hard to be a God" on which movie is based on.
it's a top-notch russian sci-fi literature by Strugatsky-brothers, who also wrote Roadside Picknick (also known as Stalker). It's incredible. And heart-breakingly tragic. It will also help you to understand what's going on.

>>67609423
"Hrustalev, car" is shit, that I can agree. I heard a lot of people refer to it as of one of the best German's movies, but I think they said so because it's clearly an anti-Stalinist movie.
>>
>>67609620
>dude just read the book
Why didn't German film himself narrating the book then?
>>
>>67609651
well, because he was an artist who used literature as inspiration, as a source of emotion, tone for his own art.
he didn't care if you'll be able to grasp a story or not, he was painting with feelings.
duh
>>
>>67609728
>feelings.
You mean mud
>>
>>67609747
mud has millions of shade.
when you live in Russia you begin to find the difference between them.
to each his own.
I don't like capeshit, for example, but i've got to admit that del Toro's Hellboy is a wonderful movie, even though it's also is a capeshit.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.