[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the name when in a movie the gun never gets empty in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
What is the name when in a movie the gun never gets empty in a shooting?
>>
Gun Kata

Its when you know your doing it right
>>
>>67601863
Noclip

>>67601916
That's more a fighting style than anything
>>
>>67601975
Noclip is when the character walks through a wall dumbfuck
>>
>>67601975
No clip is being able to walk through walls/objects in a virtual environment. Short for non clipping.

Dunno if I've ever heard a single term for it, bet if you head over to TvT they'll have some 3 page autism essay on movie reloading though.
>>
>>67602139
And so they do
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BottomlessMagazines
>>
sv_infinite_ammo 1
>>
>>67602122
>>67602139
Shit I fucked up
>>
>>67601863
Was it ever explained why they wear sunglasses inside?
>>
>>67603216
Because it's cool. If they can leap between buildings like they're Spiderman just by believing they should, they can make sunglasses perfectly transparent for the wearer.
>>
File: Untitled.png (363 KB, 1868x1716) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
363 KB, 1868x1716
>>67603277
Yeah, he's real cool
>>
John Woo.
>>
Unlimited ammo, no reloads
You need to beat air base on special agent in 3:11 or less.
>>
>>67602601

Question for /k/:

In computer games if you have say, 5/8 bullets left in your current clip, then you hit the reload key, how come you go back to 8/8 and only lose 3 ammo overall?

In real life wouldn't that mean taking individual bullets out of the next clip, and putting them into your current one? Wouldn't hitting the reload key at that point mean throwing that 5-bullets-left clip away?
>>
>>67601863
In defense of the Matrix movie, nothing is suppose to make sense in a virtual world that really doesn't follow basic laws of physics or something petty like the limits of how much ammo you have in a fucking gun. It is not like in that photo, they were in the actual real world when firing unrealistic amount of bullets that doesn't coincide with what happen in the real world.
>>
>>67603216
Their vision is augmented

>>67603776
>clip
>>
>>67603802
>>clip

Fuck, I knew that would happen.

Magazines?

Bullets are called bullets right? Rounds? Shots?
>>
>>67603776
Depends on the game. Some games have short and long reloads (ie if you reload with 1 bullet its faster because you have one in the chamber).

I'm pretty sure ARMA has realistic reloads and maybe STALKER or at least some mods do.

Not /k/ since I don't have a small penis.
>>
>>67603859
Nobody cares except gun autists.
>>
>>67603591
>implying every edgy retarded middle schooler didn't want sunglasses that seemed like they came from the Matrix
>including you

yeah, so cool
>>
Don't they constantly throw away their guns and just use fresh ones instead of reloading in The Matrix?

I definitely remember some of Neo's fights being like that in any case.
>>
>>67601863
magic
>>
File: john-woo.jpg (27 KB, 340x425) Image search: [Google]
john-woo.jpg
27 KB, 340x425
>>67603631
>HOL UP
"puts sunglasses"
>I SAID HOL UP
"jumps while shooting"
>SO YOU SAYIN
"slow motion"
>HOL UP SO YOU BE SAYIN
"infinite ammo"
>THAT MY ASS
"white pigeon flies"
>AINT MAKING MO MOVIES?
>>
>>67603859

Cartridge is the term.
>>
>>67603776
because you're not playing red orchestra
>>
>>67603776
You're a fucking casual who plays shit games
>>
>>67604020
What's the quintessential John Woo movie?
>>
>>67604020

>HOR UP! I SAY HOR UP. YOU SAY ME NO MAKEY MOVIE ANYMORE? AHHHHH SO, VELLY VELLY DISHONOROBRU HORRYWOOD.
>>
>>67604181

The Killer.
>>
>>67604181
Seconding The Killer.
>>
It pissed me off in Band of Brothers when Blithe fired like 12 rounds from his Garand without stopping to reload

in a series that prides itself in its authenticity that was a pretty fucking big fuckup
>>
>>67603776
You never played Battlefield 1942
>>
>>67603964
They did in at least that one scene where they brought an absolute shitload of guns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF-WeswkqXc
>>
>>67604918
matrix is a game with cheats, it makes sense that they have so much ammo.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.