[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Romances that hit you in the feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: esotsm.jpg (609 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
esotsm.jpg
609 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone can recommend movies like pic related or 'Her' that really get to you? They don't necessarily have to be Romantic Sci-fi, Just something that's gunna make me feel like these two.
>>
Can you tolerate Anime?

If so:
Anohana
Angel Beats
Toradora

Each series is no longer than 20 something episodes so they are pretty easy to manage. Anohana is actually only 11 eps
>>
>>67597474
Blue is the Warmest Colour.

Also sort of the same feel: Lost in Translation. Friendship is just as powerfull as romance, it just doesn't get celebrated enough.

You might also like High Fidelity. Best romcom around and it really hit home for me.
>>
>>67597474
Anomalisa
>>
>>67598183
>Anomalisa
>feel good
Nah mate.

I saw it a few weeks ago and realised I really grew out of that Charlie Kaufman fase. If I'd seen Anomalisa 8 years ago I would have been captivated by that whole 'I'm all alone, no one understands me' feel. Now I just saw a narcissist who revelled in selfpity.
>>
The Fountain
>>
File: about schmidt.jpg (223 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
about schmidt.jpg
223 KB, 960x1440
So many feels.
>>
>>67598060
Not usually, but hey I'll give it a go mate. Spirited away is GOAT
>>
>>67599391
Anohana is the saddest of the bunch but it's the only one that only is available with subtitles.
>>
>>67598293
This
>>
>>67598167
Saw blue is the warmest color, I may give Lost in translation a go because Camp X-ray was about friendship and that made me feel. High fidelity ive been avoiding and I don't know why, I think its on netflix so that'll be easy
>>
>>67598292
OP didn't say feel good.
>>
>>67599453
My bad.
>>67599445
I recommend Lost in Translation because it has a similar atmosphere as Eternal Sunshine. And it just resonated with me.

If you´re on a Charlie Kaufman binge, try out Adaptation. With Nicolas Cage as Charlie Kaufman.
>>
>>67599391
Unless you consider yourself a weeb I would advise you not to watch those shows.

I don't have much better to recommend though. I don't think anime has done much good for the romance genre, unless I count something like Welcome to the NHK but any romantic themes are secondary to NEETlife and social anxiety.

Maybe some of Makoto Shinkai's movies, a lot of people like them but I personally find his works pretty dull. They are very pretty to look at but that's it for me.
>>
>>67597474
Lost in Translation
(500) Days of Summer
>>
File: p&p.jpg (67 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
p&p.jpg
67 KB, 400x600
Classic romance made accessible for modern audiences
>>
/thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA_ubhYgjAc
>>
>Magnolia
with based Tom Cruise
>The Hours
Quite heavy, beautiful music. Perfect if you're pondering existence.
>Little Miss Sunshine
Lighthearted, about a loving family. and Classic Dano
>>
>>67600826
this movie fucking kills me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9PzSNy3xj0

one of the best monologues ever
>>
>>67597474

Cashback
>>
>>67601263
Goddamnit anon. That got me.

What did you think of Anomalisa?
>>
>>67601460
Haven't seen it yet
>>
File: 38.jpg (144 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
144 KB, 800x1200
>>
Atonement. Cried like a bitch
>>
>>67600826

>those lyrics

Fucking ouch.
>>
File: never let me go.jpg (228 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
never let me go.jpg
228 KB, 960x1440
>>67601815
This.

Also Never Let Me Go. - Scififeels.
>>
File: ken_park.jpg (26 KB, 300x429) Image search: [Google]
ken_park.jpg
26 KB, 300x429
i almost throw up at the end bc it was too close
>>
>>67600826
I saw this once but I was so goddamn high I don't remember much of it, only that it was really strange and there were a lot of things I remember thinking (a normal person would totally miss this).
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.