[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warner Bros. Responds To Batman V Superman’s B.O. Take And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Sad Ben.jpg (16 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
Sad Ben.jpg
16 KB, 620x374
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/warner-bros-gloats-as-batman-v-superman-fends-off-dismal-reviews/

>“There is no question this is an extraordinary achievement,” WB’s domestic distribution chief Jeff Goldstein said. “Clearly, audiences have embraced it and we are already seeing repeat business. It’s just fun. Often, there’s a disconnect between critics and audiences. It doesn’t take itself seriously. It’s just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies.”

Remember all those interviews where they insisted this was a dark serious movie about serious philosophical things? Turns out this was actually intended to be a fun mindless flick all along.
>>
>>67596729
BvS is honestly one of the most tasteless films ever made.
>>
>>67596729
I think it took itself very seriously, which was refreshing

that's why it was weird and fun to watch
>>
>>67596729
Jesus christ, why isn't this executive simply saying "yeah we did a shitty as fuck movie, the critics are right", it's like he needs to do his job
>>
I'm disappointed others can't enjoy this crazy movie for how strange it is. I liked it a lot more than the Marvel movies
>>
File: 1435088277567.jpg (95 KB, 337x367) Image search: [Google]
1435088277567.jpg
95 KB, 337x367
>>67596729
>It doesn’t take itself seriously
>>
>>67596729
>It’s just fun.
>It’s just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies.
Hack Snyder fanboys BTFO! Even the studio admits that there's nothing deep about this pile of shit.
>>
The Thing about BvS is that it is so amateurly edited and the script feels so rushed that there must something grievously wrong behind the scenes

I'm very fascinated to see how the Directors Cut fares critically, there are even rumors that Zack Snyder is pushing for it to get a theatrical release. Perhaps trying to clear his name?
>>
>>67596771
He still could have done damage control without blatantly lying by claiming the movie is "fun" and "doesn't take itself too seriously"
>>
>>67596810
This
>>
im so glad i dont watch childish gay fag men in tight gay manchild shit. gay
>>
I'm glad they're seemingly not caving into retards. I'm still holding out for the director's cut. The reality of the kike movie industry is that some films get butchered on the silver screen to fit more asses into seats throughout the day.
>>
>literally most tryhard muh dark tone waaah so grim so serious

Dcuccs ladies and mentlegens
>>
TOO SMART FOR AUDIENCES
just kiddin bro lmaoooo
>>
File: flop.png (639 KB, 800x628) Image search: [Google]
flop.png
639 KB, 800x628
JUST
>>
>>67596729
>Ben Affleck
>It is more mythic, it is more grand in that way, and it is a little more realistic. Just by their nature, these films can’t be as funny or as quick or as glib as Marvel movies.

>Greg Silverman
>There is intensity and a seriousness of purpose to some of these characters. The filmmakers who are tackling these properties are making great movies about superheroes; they aren't making superhero movies. And when you are trying to make a good movie, you tackle interesting philosophies and character development.

>Zack Snyder
>We’ve really gone out of our way to imbue the movie with a sense of meaning beyond the comic book world. I don’t want to spoil it, but it’s definitely something that we tried hard to do.

>Jesse Zuckerberg
>"The man wrote the movie, Chris Terrio, is absolutely phenomenal. He also wrote Argo. He’s such a brilliant guy, so well read. He’s interested in very sophisticated topics and discussions. So in Batman V Superman, even though it’s a superhero movie, people who don’t necessarily see movies in that genre, like this crowd, will probably enjoy it. It discusses sophisticated and important themes."
>>
File: Kevin-press-photo-768x1024.jpg (183 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Kevin-press-photo-768x1024.jpg
183 KB, 768x1024
Even the king of the DC fan boys didn't like the movie.
>>
>>67597091
Could Jesse be more pretentious if he tried?
>>
>>67597146
It must be really good then
>>
>>67597068
>it's already 28/72
>>
>>67596840

what do people mean when they say it's edited badly?

genuinely confused by this claim
>>
>>67596729
>It's just fun
>this really was an attempt at being Marvel
>>
>>67597170

pretentious? he sounds quasi-illiterate with those eighth grade comments. that being said, the gist of what he's saying is certainly what the movie attempted.
>>
>>67597068

At the rate BvS is dropping it won't make 1b $. Probably around 800 million.

Complete disaster.
>>
>>67596729
>Jeff Goldstein
EVERY
>>
>>67597146
The fact that this morbidly obese cuckold man child hates it just makes it an even better movie.
>>
>>67597220
It means they couldn't follow the film. It wasn't spoon fed to them and simple to follow like a Marvel film.
>>
>>67597220

there are tons of scenes that just don't need to be there, like all those fucking dreams and dreams within dreams. just take out the flash shit. the random ass e-mail attachment which introduces the rest of the justice league (wtf?) was another weird one. going from bruce waynes origins (zzzzzzzzz) to fucking superman leveling metropolis? it was like someone just stuck shit in a random order because they know the movie was shit apart from the fight which was about 10 minutes long
>>
>>67596729
it's just like the Transformers, really. it was dumb, sure, but that's what made it a fun movie.
>>
>>67596857
Are you excited for 8th grade to start in August?
>>
>>67597313

>random dream about some guy in a gimp suit shouting at you about lois in a stupid south park voice
>never mention it again
>keep having dreams within dreams and premonitions
>never mention it again
>>
>>67597146
>>
>>67597146
This fat fuck loves Supergirl and every meme marvel movie. I bet if Trank made BvS he'd defend it to the death. He's only good for "out there" comedies and horrors.
>>
It was a fun and interesting movie just the way it was, I get the impression that the haters are the ones looking too deep into it just so they can bash it for not living out to how deep they look into it.

>>67597220
Personally, at the begining it seemed like it was jumping from setting to setting too suddendly, but by the later half I didn't feel like having that problem.
>>
>>67597146

pretty sure he does like it

i dont care about him much anymore but i saw him saying he was seeing it a second time today
>>
>>67596843
>>67596810
Does Warner Bros pay you in Bitcoins or action figures?
>>
File: antmanthing.jpg (162 KB, 266x404) Image search: [Google]
antmanthing.jpg
162 KB, 266x404
>>67597091
>Snyder took a shot at the Marvel Universe in an interview with The Daily Beast. While addressing Steven Spielberg’s comments that “there will be a time when the superhero movie goes the way of the Western,” the filmmaker said Marvel heroes are a dime a dozen.

>“I feel like he’s right. But I feel like Batman and Superman are transcendent of superhero movies in a way, because they’re Batman and Superman,” Snyder said while promoting Doritos’ final Super Bowl filmmaking contest. “They’re not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man — not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?”

And then Ant-Man got better reviews that Batman v Superman. And Ant-Man has had better openings in several countries.
>>
>>67597220
Yeah, I don't get this
Every scene didn't directly lead into the next maybe?
People were upset they didn't know when batman was dreaming?
I legit don't know
There were some pacing issues though
>>
>>67597462

kids do not give a fuck about superman.

superman has been replaced by iron man, spider-man etc etc

all DC have now is batman and they already ruined him once..
>>
>>67597350
>>67597402
It's because of the time traveling Flash (wich wasn't a dream) and seeing Flash' video where he casually uses his powers to help someone, plus Wonder Woman and Superman, that Batman was so willing to believe these people they were looking for will fight for the greater good.
>>
>>67596729
>It doesn’t take itself seriously.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA go fuck yourself Warner Bros.
>>
>>67597526

none of this movie makes a lick of sense and before people go "hur dur turn brain off" its also tries to be a very heavy movie with lots of lofty dialogue.

batman was the only one who felt like a character.

i still can't believe they introduced the justice league through email attachments.
>>
>>67596837
((((((Goldstein)))))))

The Jew only cares about his shekels. He probably hasn't even seen the movie. It's making him money so he's being positive.
>>
>>67597508
No one gives a fuck about Superman. You don't give a fuck about Superman even if you think you do...
>>
>>67596729
>Goldstein
/pol/ is always right
>>
>>67597526
>It's because of the time traveling Flash (wich wasn't a dream)

Yes it was, Batman woke up from it.
>>
>>67597402
Weak bait mate
You know this is a series of films and some things won't pay off until later.
When Marvel do this, fucktards say it's "super awesome" foreshadowing for further Marvel films.
When DC do it, people pretend to be confused.
>>
>>67597664
>When Marvel do this, fucktards say it's "super awesome" foreshadowing for further Marvel films.
Maybe MCUck do but not /tv/. When Avengers: Age of Ultron came out this entire board shit all over the shit that was blatantly setting up future movies. When Marvel does it it's dumb, when DC does it it's dumb.
>>
>>67597782
4chan doesn't count. 4chan is 99% cunts saying they hate everything. I'm talking about the general public who are attuned to buddy comedy Marvel films and have never read a comic in their lives.
>>
>>67597091
>>There is intensity and a seriousness of purpose to some of these characters. The filmmakers who are tackling these properties are making great movies about superheroes; they aren't making superhero movies. And when you are trying to make a good movie, you tackle interesting philosophies and character development.
I wonder if Silverman and WB are going to change their strategy after this
>>
>>67596771
In what way would that be profitable

The fact is the common pleb is enjoying it far more than the critics are
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/

So their strategy is to get people to go see it and ignore the critics

The critics are plebs as well, just in a different way. Like how 4channers are a very special autistic kind of pleb

That said, it is a shit movie
>>
>>67597898
>have never read a comic in their lives.
I wonder how many people will call bullshit on Superman and Batman having mothers with the same name even though it has been like that for 75 years and likely a coincidence.
>>
>>67597652

he probably missed it because of the shit editing and pacing LOL

that scene went from batman fucking about with a computer, to some weird scene in the desert then to flash.

all with no transitions.
>>
>>67596770

the only weird thing about it is the fucking pacing. warnerbros missed the chance of having a semi-perfect movie and fucked it up by tampering with it for more than a year.

people seem to forget that this could've been released last year. having too much time on your hands often turns a movie to shit

>>67596748

oh fuck off. if you want to see a tasteless movie, see elektra, catwoman or the second fantastic four movie

being contrarian is one thing but being a straight up retarded is another one
>>
>>67597220
Thete are sudden cuts into other scenes that have nothing to do with the last. And I mean cut as in a straight CUT. No leading in it fading with audio or vidual. Or even tone. The best example was how lois lane got captured near the end. It was so rushed. I mean yeah I get it, but if youre gonna express it that fast why show it at all? Could have happened off screen for how little impact it had
>>
>>67598152
The cut from Martha Kent being abducted straight to Batman in his helmet with glowing eyes was quite jarring. I get what the editor was trying for but it was too sharp or off the beat or something.
>>
File: capeshit.jpg (100 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
100 KB, 604x311
>>67596729
>>
>>67596729
I wonder what they'll say if their box office becomes even worse this week
>>
>>67598323
That was another example I just didnt wanna type all that and I wasnt sure it it happened like that as I remember but you just confirmed it did. The editing is so choppy it's like I cant remember parts right and it feels like it was a dream
>>
>>67597652
>>67598068
He woke up from passing out after seeing a time traveler.
There was still wind and flying papes behind him after waking up, so it wasn't a dream.
>>
>>67597220
it was hard to follow for some people, one reviewer said he needed establishing shots every time a scene in a different location opens because he got confused otherwise. i dont remember which reviewer.
>>
I took it as a mindless flick.
Shit, is that why i enjoyed it? Plus i had to go piss once.
If you the screenwriter is Goyer, just turn your brain off.
>>
>>67597586

It's costing him money. It needs to make $2 Billion to break even. That's just insane. Especially when you see what the World of Warcraft film is achieving with a budget of $5 million.
>>
File: p15900_d_v8_aa.jpg (276 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p15900_d_v8_aa.jpg
276 KB, 960x1440
>>67597462
>Blank-man

also, was he calling himself above commercial superhero films while working at some Doritos sponsored film event?
>>
>>67598108
People also seem to forget that this was supposed to be released the same day as Civil War, but WB backed off like a bunch of c u c k s cause they knew they'd get BTFO by Marvel
>>
File: You still have all of me.jpg (38 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
You still have all of me.jpg
38 KB, 599x450
>>67598327
I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase
>>
>>67598924
The irony was lost on him. Whenever he says something in interviews, he sounds like a pretentious college film student that has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>67598327
>>67598961
WAKE ME UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1OEqjfce1Q
>>
>>67597220
Editing is a hard thing to describe without examples

>dramatic scene of Batman calling out Superman using bat signal
>tense horrific scene of Lex Luthor torturing Clark and Lois on Lex Tower
>Wonder Woman opening e-mails in her her hotel room
>climactic Batman v Superman battle

That is bad editing
>>
What kind of pleb drooling manchildren will spend their money to watch capeshit?

Batman v. Superman should've bombed, fucking hate pop culture.
>>
>>67596729
WB execs should get together and come with a concrete strategy on how to deal with the press, to make sure they're all on message.
If WB wants to keep doing their "dark serious" movies, they can't be saying stuff like this.
>>
>>67597068
mfw there was nothing fresh about TFA, just recycling old ideas and visuals
mfw BvS actually had some new directions and choices in it (shitty Lex but a new one for sure, all the 1st half was more like fucking David Lynch movie than straightforward Marvel movie, etc.)
>>
>>67597215
[HorribleSubs]
>>
>>67598108
3 other movies being more shit than BvS does not negate its' shittiness.

It's not even about being contrarian, I WANTED it to be good, but it just wasn't.
>>
>>67598951

one of them had to back off, it's basic decision making in a company

nowadays, it doesn't really matter when a movie airs as long as it has a lot of hype
>>
>>67596729
>Goldstein
>Goldstein
>Goldstein
>Goldstein
>Goldstein
>>
>>67600410

I was just pointing out actual extremes. BvS was nowhere near that and you should know that

hadn't it been for the pacing, it would've been better than literally every MCU movie except for Iron Man 1 (one of my top 3) and Winter Soldier
>>
File: 1459180193258.gif (3 MB, 430x289) Image search: [Google]
1459180193258.gif
3 MB, 430x289
>>67596729
>features a scene in which a bunch of bats lift lil Jesus #2 in the air
>>
>>67600525

genuine question, how was that not the case during that scene? you do realise what "taking oneself seriously" actually means, right?
>>
>>67600591
You know damn well there's a difference between camp and terrible by accident, Snyder.
>>
>>67597248
$800 million is enough to get by but only if the other films do well enough to absorb the loss. Wonder woman most certainly will not.
>>
>>67600591
The definition of a film that takes itself too seriously is BvS. Everyone constantly talks in this grave manner as if everything that happens in the film is of some mythic importance, it thinks it's the passion of the fucking christ, when in reality it's a dumb superhero film.
>>
>>67600640

confirmed for not knowing what the fuck "campy" means

watch the ending of fant four tastic if you want to see "camp"
>>
File: 1456813838376.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456813838376.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>67600690
>watch the ending of fant four tastic if you want to see "camp"
>and he says I don't know what camp is

Snyder, go home.
>>
>>67596729
What a fucking liar. It takes itself more seriously than most capeshit, which just added to the cringe
>>
>>67600743

not the guy but do you honestly think "GUYS, I GOT IT! READY?" wasn't campy and stupid?
>>
>>67596729
HOL UP
*smacks lips*
SO WHAT U SAYIN IZ
*grabs mtn dew*
WEZ ON SUM KINDA
*wipes tears away from eyes*
WE BE ON SUM KINDA
*grabs closest copy of infinity gauntlet*
SOOICIDE WATCH OR SUMTIN?
>>
>>67596729
So, I'm guessing Cyborg and Shazam are canceled by now
>>
>>67598024
Agreed. I might even say "fuck the critics, when are they ever right?" . Since they hate it anyway.
>>
File: 1376261008546.jpg (147 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1376261008546.jpg
147 KB, 480x480
>It doesn't take itself seriously

Right...
>>
>>67600476
>Pacing

That was but one of the many problems the film had.
>>
>>67601337
>pacing
>editing
>pointless sub plots
>anti climactic fights
>dragged out ending
>forced as hell cameos
>terrible characterization
Pacing is the least of the movies worries. And it wouldn't bother me so much of the goal of the movie itself wasn't already so straight foreward yet fails to deliver even that in a satisfying manner.
>>
>>67598961
>That Charlie
kek
>>
It would be sad for a movie that's supposed to launch a media franchise to completely fail, but I REALLY hope they take this as a warning and try to fix problems that will be present in the very foundation of their cinematic universe for the subsequent movies.
>>
File: ea.jpg (35 KB, 465x425) Image search: [Google]
ea.jpg
35 KB, 465x425
>>67596729
>>
>>67596810
Agreed
>>
>>67597220
>Superman goes "you cant be good in this world" (really badly acted, like it's a comedy)
>ooh here comes the fight!
>JLA scene with a whole different mood to kill the pace and buzz

just one example, don't get me started on the ending

the start was promising
>>
>>67596729
Is this the most unlikable Superman ever portrayed on screen?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FywSzjRq0e4
>>
>>67602074
WHAT HAVE I BECOME,
MY SWEETEST FRIEND?
>>
>>67602070
Yeah but I don't blame cavill for it, I blame the writers. Same with Ben, I think he did batman excellently, his arc is just poorly written.
>>
>>67602074

Shhh Ben it's okay
Shhhh
https://youtu.be/fPisDzhYrCg
>>
>>67602408

Same. Personally he seems like an awesome person IRL and probably could be a perfect Superman if he just got to play himself but he is just a shitty written character on screen it makes me sad that he'll go down in history as the worst Superman of all time
>>
>>67602415
>19 seconds of silence and pointless credits before the song starts

fuck off
>>
>>67600654
$800 million would be great for ANY other blockbuster, but WB has basically said this movie HAS to make 1 billion or it's considered a failure. This is supposed to be their Justice League lead-in and the launchpad of their entire cinematic universe.
>>
>>67603022
Yeah, kind of like how Sony considered ASM2 such a failure that they scrapped all their sequels and spin-off plans and went begging Marvel for help.
>>
File: image_556.jpg (31 KB, 412x394) Image search: [Google]
image_556.jpg
31 KB, 412x394
>>67596729
>repeat business
So, the same people are watching it more then once and that is actually what is driving the BO numbers, not NEW people who are interest in it?
>>
File: 1458941065334.jpg (28 KB, 801x534) Image search: [Google]
1458941065334.jpg
28 KB, 801x534
>>67599008
>>
>>67596843
you didnt enjoy it, you liar
>>
>>67603082
Well, this is true for many superhero movies. I know I saw TDK, avengers, winter soldier, GotG, AoU, and ant-man twice in theatres. Superhero movies are spectacles and are best seen on the big screen.
>>
>>67602961

Sorry
https://youtu.be/X21JXIO-Tec
>>
File: 1451260781858.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451260781858.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>67603082
I honestly might see it again today because I can't figure out whether I like it or not.
>>
>>67597664
JUST
>>
>>67597220
Basically Zach Snyder made the movie about 30-45 minutes longer and the studio was like 'fuck this make it 2.5 hours'. Some guy then wnet through and cut out a bunch of shit to make it fit.

The problem is you lose a lot of 'unnecessary' shots that help move the story. All we saw in some spots was the major plot point.
>>
>>67598827
>
>>
>>67603195
You don't have to apologize, I'm just some asshole on the internet. We all are.
>>
File: 1459216767579.png (348 KB, 473x462) Image search: [Google]
1459216767579.png
348 KB, 473x462
>>67598108
The plot was shit and the acting was terrible. Lex sucked ass.

>flash time travels
>...into batman's dream

>dead pa ket
>...rides a tornado up a mountain

>Batman doesn't kill superman
>.....because their moms have the same first name

Seriously, MOVIE WAS FUCKING DUMB HORSESHIT
>>
>>67596729

>it doesn't take itself seriously

Really.

REALLY?

L
O
L
>>
File: Unimpressed Joker.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Unimpressed Joker.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>67603196
So you're going to spend $13 again? At least catch a matinee.
>>
>>67597068
>use X/10 system for critics and X/5 for audiences
>>
File: 1458987961737.jpg (260 KB, 550x666) Image search: [Google]
1458987961737.jpg
260 KB, 550x666
>>67599008
>37%

They wish!
BvS is at 28% NOW!
>>
>>67596729
>Remember all those interviews where they insisted this was a dark serious movie about serious philosophical things? Turns out this was actually intended to be a fun mindless flick all along.

>try to make a dark, mature, non-shit capeshit movie
>end up making one of the worst capeshit movies in recent years, complete pile of horseshit
>"J-J-Just k-kidding guys we were trying to make a horrible capeshit movie!"

Not gonna lie, this has been amusing as fuck watching it burn
>>
File: 1.jpg (8 KB, 246x155) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8 KB, 246x155
AYY
>>
>>67603332
Man I spent over $40 on tickets for me and my gf on opening night for IMAX. Prices are ridiculous either way.
>>
>>67596729
>Warner Bros. will continue to let this hack direct their movies.

I wish WB would sell DC to some other company. We might actually get a good DCEU movie then.
>>
>>67596729
>it doesn't take itself seriously.
Fucking bald-faced liars.
>>
>>67597146
does he voice this somewhere?
>>
The worst part about being a dark and brooding movie it that it won't sell $1 billion in toys like avengers and star wars does.

The secondary market is a massive part of this whole operation and I have noticed the BvS toys sitting around unsold at local stores.

Only pic related seemed to be selling well, and that was mostly sold before the movie was even released to collectors.
>>
>>67597462
Yeah, it's hard to believe that a movie about somebody who was a literally who a year ago is better received than a movie with characters as "trascendent" and iconic as Superman and Batman.
Kevin Feige and co. are probably laughing their asses off right now.
>>
>>67603304

I kinda liked the name thing. It made Bruce realize he's not just some alien with insane power, detached from humanity. He's a dude with an earth Mom. A guy begging Batman, who's stepping on his neck and about to kill him, to save her.

Movie has lots of dumb shit. Lots. But that didn't feel out of place, to me.
>>
>>67596837
Kek, this. HAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1431814797134.webm (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431814797134.webm
88 KB, 1280x720
>>67596729
March 19th 2016
>BvS will be great! Life changing!
>It's probably too smart for audiences
>It has very deep themes and very intriguing complicated plot
>This is a serious drama movie for adults
>This isn't your standard Marvel Kid shit

March 29th 2016
>BvS
>It’s just fun
>It’s just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies
>Turn your brain off!
>We were being retarded on purpose
>HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Marvel wins.jpg (134 KB, 648x853) Image search: [Google]
Marvel wins.jpg
134 KB, 648x853
>>67603555
And that is why Marvel wins.
Marvel knows how to appeal to kids and adults, recruiting kids at a young age to buy their toys, and getting the adults to buy other kinds of merch and collectibles. Thanks to Disney it knows how to market and promote their brand.
WB only thinks of the DC brand in terms of dark brooding movies, not realizing how they're alienating audiences they should be trying to capture.
I see aisles filled with Marvel toys, but only a few Batman or Superman toys.
>>
File: capekino.jpg (279 KB, 1372x1221) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
279 KB, 1372x1221
>>67596729
Confirmed capekino
>>
>>67597484
>There were some pacing issues though

That also qualifies as bad editing.
>>
>>67597220

Here are some the the example of the editing that were jarring to me:

>Women crying as she recounts the massacre of her village saying Superman is uncontrollable, CUT TO Lois in the tub

>Perry saying that Clark seems to click his heels three times and ends up in Kansas, CUT TO Lex scene, Kryptonite heist THEN Clark in Kansas 30 minutes later.

>Lois picks up a pile of dirt in the funereal, CUT TO Batman visit Lex in prison and has a whole foreshadowing CUT BACK Lois throws the dirt on the coffin.
>>
Fucking plebs
pacing issues=/=it took its time to develop the characters so my ADD was triggered
>>
>>67603645
My feelings exactly. The fuck fanboys on this board were constantly talking about how "deep" and "mature" this new capeshit movie was going to be. Now they are back peddling line ducking crazy kek
>>
>>67603719
Do you expect people to see anything in those shitty cam rip?
>>
>>67603645
/tv/ is literally always wrong. There were only a few autists that truly believed the "Zack Snyder saving capeshit with capekino" meme.
>>
>>67603825
no
>>
>>67596729
>It doesn’t take itself seriously. It’s just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies.

>we weren't trying to make a good movie anyway
>we were being retarded on purpose

Fucking brilliant.
>>
>>67603806
The fanboys aren't backpeddling, but the WB folks sure are
>>
>>67603879
Even worse, the creators are admitting it's shit and the fan boys still won't ducking let it go
>>
File: marvel merchandise.jpg (147 KB, 1148x815) Image search: [Google]
marvel merchandise.jpg
147 KB, 1148x815
>>67603688

And it isn't just toys.

After the deadpool movie (which marvel didn't even make) they still made millions on merchandise. Hot topic became "the deadpool store" in February.

I see teens all over town wearing deadpool shirts and hoodies. It is perfect for edgy teens who declared "I'm too old for superhero movies, except deadpool but that doesn't count".

There are like 5 different stores at the local mall alone selling deadpool merchandise, and most of those stores are selling punisher skull merchandise alongside it. It is win-win for Marvel.

tl;dr

I see way more deadpool and even punisher clothing around town than I do superman or batman, and this was supposed to be their year. Young people just haven't embraced it.
>>
>>67596729
>JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN BRO

DCucks BTFO once again.
>>
>>67603763

So it wasn't just me that was distracted by that. Thank you.
>>
>>67604001
>superman and batman

Kids liked Nolan Joker and Nolan batman (to a lesser extent). They don't like Snyder trash. And they hate MoS Superman.
>>
>>67603763
>>67604053
The editing was garbage
>>
>>67603542
https://www.youtube com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1uUDSlWS8WY
>>
>>67604085

To be fair I have seen joker shirts at the mall mentioned above. They are in that same kids with the punisher and deadpool hoodies.

Pic related, not DC movie joker. Maybe after suicide squad we will see new joker merchandise but it seems to sell well enough with comic joker.
>>
>>67596729

They literally pulled a Tommy Wiseau "lol it's supposed to be a comedy not a drama guys!".

Just terrible.

>>67596748
Hateful8 and Revenant were also shit plot/story wise.
Devoid of any meaning or substance.
>>
>>67596729
>just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies
Yeah, if your a fucking masochist
>>
File: dead inside.jpg (101 KB, 978x595) Image search: [Google]
dead inside.jpg
101 KB, 978x595
>>
>>67604001
Marvel and Disney are just better at marketing and merchandising than DC are.
WB is a clusterfuck whose different divisions don't cooperate with each other. DC can't even get CN to run an action cartoon without sabotaging it and pre-emptively canceling it.
>>
>>67603080
>>67600654
You are not taking into consideration:
What the movie costed them.
The huge marketing costs.
This movie sucked bad and it's flopping, hope their wonder woman shit movie flops even harder cause gal gaddot it's a haughty piece of shit.
>>
SOMEONE WAKE BEN UP
>>
>>67604744
WAKE BEN UP INSIDE
>>
>>67604796
ITS TOO LATE
>>
>>67604744
>>67604796
(CAN'T WAKE UP)
>>
>>67604979
WAKE BEN UP INSIDE
>>
>>67596729
Did this nigger even watch the movie?
>>
>>67605030

WAKE BEN
>>
>>67605465
SAVE BEN FROM THE NOTHING HE'S BECOME
>>
File: 1416517858333.png (613 KB, 799x799) Image search: [Google]
1416517858333.png
613 KB, 799x799
>it doesn't take itself seriously

Really?
>>
>>67596729
>Remember all those interviews where they insisted this was a dark serious movie about serious philosophical things? Turns out this was actually intended to be a fun mindless flick all along.

So, what you're saying is, the critics were wrong?
>>
>>67596748
You should see it first
>>
>>67605580
No, it means that WB is backpeddling like hell
>>
>>67605580
Or the movie failed on delivering both a serious, mindful plot and fun, stupid, braindead action.
>>
>>67600525
>Bruce Wayne is lifted up by bats.
>Cut to black
>"In the dream, they lifted me up into the light."

LOL WHY DID THIS HAPPEN THIS IS THE DUMBEST SHIT
>>
>>67603594
Don't all of those people that could be killed by Superman have moms and families too? If batman doesn't give a fuck about killing when it's for a greater purpose, then I'm sure he would realize that killing Superman here would save the vast majority in the long run.
>>
>>67603594
THIS, FUCKING THIS. It remembers bruce that superman is human in heart.
>>
File: 5435435646.jpg (31 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
5435435646.jpg
31 KB, 460x276
ITS JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
>>67597447
He does it for free
>>
>>67603688
woooow, Marvel has been releasing movies every year and has a clear aim for the kids. Do you remember the last DC movies? man of steel and christian bale trilogy long time ago and weren't aimed for kids.
>>
File: 1434837846008.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1434837846008.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>67596729
>“There is no question this is an extraordinary achievement,”
>>
You guys wanna see some REAL pathetic shit?

Harry Fatfuck Knowles hated the movie, then watched it again (got gifts from the studio) and wrote a more positive review.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74751 (bad one)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74768 (good one)
>>
>>67606767
Yeah remember all those spiderman films marvel makes every year?

lol
>>
Why didn't Zack Snyder just do a scene by scene adaptation of "World's Finest, Part 1-3" of the Superman: The Animated Series? Just copy it line by line. I mean that's what he did for 300 and the Watchmen. Only thing he knows how to do, really.

Would've been a helluva lot better.
>>
>>67596729
>>67596748
>>67603389
>>67603688
>>67604350
>>67606798

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnJMebOQ1uk
>>
>>67606364
It sounds pretentious but the more I hear people criticise this film, the more it sounds like they couldn't handle a film that uses metaphorical imagery and complex themes

You just know they'd be so much more happy with batman and superman quipping at each other
In fact here, Batman v Superman for the pleb masses:
>film opens with Bruce rescuing little girl surrounded by dust
>nothing else shown
>cut to Bruce in an AA meeting
>he tells us that seeing that little girl reminded him of when he was a child and when his parents were murdered by a madman
>gal gadot is also in the meeting
>"to the poor kids that make your toys in third world countries, you probably seem like a madman Mr Wayne" she says
>"Yes, but I'm a handsome madman" he says with a cheeky smile
>"With little depth apparently" she replies
>"Oh you don't even know dear" he retorts
>cut to batman stopping a robbery where miraculously he incapacitates the badguys without causing any major damage
>'Batman's a hero' one of the hostages shouts to the ensuing media storm that follows
>Cut to Clark Kent watching from the daily planet
>"What are your opinions on Batman?" some random passer-by asks
>"He seems like an untamed menace dealing out his own brand of justice"
>"But couldn't you say the same of superman?"
>"superman doesn't engage in petty conflicts out of self-righteousness"
>"haha, you sound like you want to fight this guy! Good luck with that Clark"
>Title shows "Batman V Superman"

There, would that make everyone happy?
>>
>>67606662

Yeah, but prior to this moment, Bruce had considered Superman strictly an alien with no connection to earth. Under the notion that Superman is just some random creature from space who could turn on the planet, it would be easier for Bruce to make the judgment call that he needed to be killed. But knowing he's got a family on earth, and is in fact so desperate to save his own (earth) mother that his final words as he's about to die are to please save her, it makes Superman appear to be not simply an alien, but a man with a connection to the planet.

Under this new mindset, things become different. For example, would Batman go after the US Government because he thinks it's a possibility they'll nuke a Country? They've shown the capacity to kill thousands of innocents in drone strikes. Under his "1% chance" theory, they'd need to go.

Basically, it just shows Superman to be a man. And as Batman says at the end, men are still good. Despite the horrible things they've done.
>>
>>67607096
>the more it sounds like they couldn't handle a film that uses metaphorical imagery and complex themes
It's a superhero movie. This is the protagonist.

Think for a second the audience it attracts.
>>
>>67606963
were there sex scenes and places for slow-mo fight sequences where gods murder low level criminals by the dozen?
>>
>>67596729
D_C
a_o
m_n
a_t
g_r
e_o
_l
>>
>>67596729
ITT post >your reaction when

Here's mine:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s02k6EYzKMLW
>>
>>67607191
If you limit a film's potential due to its subject matter, then you can never transcend pre-conceived notions
Considering the themes in the film fit the characters perfectly (if a bit obtuse but that's because apparently no one got them in MoS) then I don't see the problem
>>
>>67603332
I agree, go to a matinee at least.
>>
>>67607329
>If you limit a film's potential due to its subject matter, then you can never transcend pre-conceived notions
SUPER HERO movie.

GUY IN SPANDEX SUIT AND UNDERWEAR OUT

These type of movies aren't art. they are cartoons.
>>
>>67607191
It goes deeper than that. The problem with snyder's comic adapations is they've always about literal clowns spewing mangled nihilism while getting punched by other clowns spewing moral absolutism mangled so hard it comes off as mangled moral relativism.

To take it out of capeshit terms, its the same effect that would happen if Aliens was, instead of a mindless action movie shot-for-shot remake of 2001, except all the human characters are replaced by xenomorphs and the dialogue was machine translated to french, then to korean, then back to english (see: snowpiercer), all while, despite it's complete and total absurdity, the movie takes itself completely dead serious.
>>
>>67607436
People used to say the same about westerns...
>>
>>67607321
Also, bonus points to anyone who watches the subtle political reference at the very end of this clip.
>>
>>67607471
Westerns are period pieces. All the genre trappings existed for a reason.
>>
>big battle between Batman and Superman
>has no impact on story arc what so ever
>bat and supes now best buddies for no reason what so ever

This movie is a mess, Justice League will need a reboot.
>>
>>67607530
I think the sad thing is that you genuinely don't see the stupidity of this argument
>>
>>67596729
Bravo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
>>67607589
Says the guy comparing a period of history to comic books.
>>
>>67607639
>westerns before 1970 were ever historically accurate in the slightest
wew lad
>>
>>67607680
>comic books are ever accurate to anything

Yes, I look soooo stupid.
>>
>>67607702
>films need to have historical accuracy to be worth anything
Yes 2001 sure was a disgrace to the film medium, boy do I look stupid now
>>
>>67607601
He's a true pleb. Nolan is disgusted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_g0_PaxLlI
>>
>>67607680
aay lmao

>everything must always be a historical accuracy
Lord of the Rings is fantasy trash and still manages to make itself look good and not a fucking joke like comic book videogames.
>>
>>67607741
Nigga you didn't just move the goalposts, you moved to an entirely different field.
>>
File: You have failed me brain.jpg (86 KB, 803x499) Image search: [Google]
You have failed me brain.jpg
86 KB, 803x499
>>67607321
>>
>>67607788
That's the argument you just made

>superhero films will always be a joke and never art-worthy
>>well people used to the same the same about westerns
>you can't compare historical period pieces
>>westerns never used to have any historical accuracy
>yeah well comic book films don't have any accuracy to anyting
>>neither does 2001 and its brilliant

You're the one constantly changing their argument you retard
>>
>>67603555
The fucking designs don't make for good toys. A vibrant and colorful Superman would catch kids attention, just like how Captain America does. Instead you have,a man in a dark blue pajama with a cape and boots. I understand getting rid of the underwear (even if I liked it), but being that dark of colors with no breakup is a fucking mess. They should have made them lighter and included a yellow belt to break it up.

Also, there's no way kids had a good time at Batman v Superman. The scenes were super dark, especially the fight ones, and there were a couple of jump scares.

Shit is just a horrible mess.
>>
>>67607889
#wrekt
capekino wins again over the pleb masses
>>
>>67607889
Historical period doesn't mean its historically accurate. You failed at reading and now caused a mess that can't be undone.
>>
>>67607919
This, Marvel movies (probably) don't include characters just to sell toys, but they make sure that they're all visually appealing and the kind of thing a kid would like to buy.
>>
>>67607919

You raise a good point. No matter what we think, comic book movies do need to bring in the kids. They're money. After seeing shit like that mutant bat monster jumpscare in Bruce's dream, it makes me wonder if parents are gonna bring kids to the next installment. That was jarring even for me.
>>
>>67608023
just like your mom apparently
>>
>>67607889
In order to compare comics to westerns (and 2001), all westerns (and 2001) would have to consistently break period limitations and genre trappings whenever convenient to the plot.

So nigga u dumb.
>>
>>67608023
Once again, 2001 you dipshit
Unless you want to claim that's a historical piece?

Cause sci-fi also used to be considered a joke genre that could never produce high-art
But I'm curious to watch you try and justify that
>>
>>67608114
Your current argument relies entirely upon the faulty supposition that 2001 wasn't hard science fiction.
>>
>>67608031
I thing I would like an Ultron toy. He looks pretty badass and I could invent plenty of toy stories with a toy like him.
>>
>>67608099
It starts with one bro
You can't just have a sudden movement of artistic films of a genre

Someone starts and others follow when they see it can be done

And Snyder's just shown it can be done (again, I should add since he already did it once with MoS)
>>
>>67608114
2001 is a history of space travel you dumb fuck. Go read a book once in a while to learn about space-ships, they aren't fiction.
>>
>>67597146
>being this fucking old and dressing like a teenager

idk
>>
>>67608153
fuck I meant
>I think my kid self would like an Ultron toy....etc etc
>>
>>67608168
Congratulations, you have just proven you have zero idea if what you're talking about.
>>
>>67608170
A history of space travel?! Are you really this fucking stupid?

>>67608152
Nope, no it doesn't
My argument is that just cause a genre's written off that doesn't mean that a film with artistic merit can't be produced within it as ad been proved time and time again
>>
>>67608168
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>67608214
>well im gonna just say i've won the argument now based on x opinion
>>
>>67608228
>A history of space travel?! Are you really this fucking stupid?

breh. Are you retarded? SPACE SHIPS ARE REAL
>>
>>67608035
Children equal at least 2 tickets: one for the child and one for the guardian. They clearly weren't going for that they wanted to make grown ups think about life and religion. Way to go Warner bros
>>
File: batman0.jpg (301 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
batman0.jpg
301 KB, 1200x900
>>67608031
It goes hand in hand. Comic book character designs has decades of trying to sell to kids, or grab someones attention so they'll open it up and read it. So if a studio uses those very same designs, then thats half the challenge gone.

And if you keep them similar, albeit realistic to whatever tone you're trying to set, then when you make the merchandise, you can make it look more comic booky than the movie.

Take for example the BTAS merchandise. The show was pretty brooding but colorful with great designs. And the toys sold like hotcakes because you could use what they're use to seeing, and make it wacky.
>>
>>67608228
are you one of these conspiracy theorists who say we never flew into space and that it's all a giant setup by the government controlled movie industry?

Dude.
>>
>>67608268
Oh yeah, I forgot, 2001 was based on the actual lunar mission that had already happened with spaceships that we actually use...

Fucking retard
Open a history book and stop shitposting
>>
>>67608321
its always funny when people start embarrassing themselves, but are too stupid to realize it, and just keep going and going.
>>
I just got back from $5 Tuesdays and holy shit is this movie terrible.I feel so bad for the people who waited three years for this shit.
>>
>>67608309
I can't believe this surprises me but apparently you guys are too stupid to know basic historic dates

2001- released 1968
America lands on the moon-July 20, 1969

Learn history
Though I don't know why Im surprised people too stupid to get BvS don't know this shit
>>
>>67608321
so every historical western was a 100% accurate depiction of what actually happened? The movie industry takes some creative liberties and there are plenty of great thought provoking historical movies that are not extremely accurate when it comes to the history they are portraying. Get the head out of your ass, 2001 is as much as historical movie as any good western. Grow up you gigantic pretentious prick.
>>
>>67608388
How can you miss my argument this fucking badly you dipshit?
I said the exact opposite (though I said it sarcastically)

Right I give up, you're all retards apparently who can't read
>>
>>67608382
You still gave them money, chapo.
>>
Why are Marvel fans so anally devastated all the time? If you hate this movie so much why the fuck are you constantly reading articles on it?
>>
>>67608305
Yeah, the only toyetic characters in this film are Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, and they don't really have much color.
I don't know if any kids would want a Doomsday toy.
>>
>>67608387
>america designed, trained, and sent people to the moon in 1 year after they watched a movie

You do realize NASA is old as fuck, right?
>>
>>67608387
because of the transmission speed of the data back in the 1960s the footage was actually recorded in 68 and the written data was received earlier than the footage. So Kubrick got the transcripts of what actually happened in the space mission before they were able to get the footage. They gave him the transcripts so he could recreate these events in a more artistic way until they could air the real footage that would be transmitted in a few months. You are a fucking retard who doesn't know what he's talking about. Read up on it and stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>67608388
>2001 is as much as historical movie as any good western
Kek
Hey guys, remember that time we found that monolith on the moon with hyper advanced AI that could talk to us and tried to murder a bunch of astronaughts?
>>
>>67608382
I know. Reminded me of AoU except I didn't have to watch a bunch of mediocre sequels to understand what was going on.
>>
>>67608462
>thinks anyone gives a shit about marvel
lol

its all about what fanbase gets madder, the one that does should be attacked non-stop until they go away
>>
>>67608489
>I was trolling you the whole time!
>I was only PRETENDING to be retarded
>>
>>67608489
So is this a confirmation that the BvS haters are all meme'ing and we all agree that this is the dawn of capekino?
>>
File: Injustice-Doomsday-Figure.jpg (70 KB, 576x880) Image search: [Google]
Injustice-Doomsday-Figure.jpg
70 KB, 576x880
>>67608467
if they even have any idea who he is.

Since they went with the super bland mountain troll look, you could probably sell lord of the rings toys instead.

Unlike something thats edgy, but eyecatching.
>>
>>67608586
You do realize since BvS started being called "kino," literally everything is now being called kino?
>>
>>67608532
>I got told
>this can't be right, I AM ALWAYS CORRECT ABLOOH ABLOOH
>he must be a troll

this is how you sound. Fucking retard.
>>
>>67598827
>$2 Billion
lol it doesn't even need $400 000 000 to break even. The $1b number was just some arbitrary one media "analysts" pulled out of their asses.
>when you see what the World of Warcraft film is achieving with a budget of $5 million
Being utterly reviled by WoW and vidya movie fans?
>>
>>67597462
Based Bucky already BTFO'd Snyder.

>"Yeah, I’m sitting here and I’m listening to you and I’m thinking, ‘Do I want to fire some shots at DC right now, at Zack Snyder?' Something about, ‘It’s not going to be your flavor-of-the-week Ant-Man.’ And I was like, ‘Oh thanks, Zack. That’s great. Way to do something original,'” Stan continued. “But I would say we’re still making something very original in our own way. I mean, the Russo’s are coming in and taking something people are used to and they’re shaping it up and changing it in a very different way. They’re not trying to mimic a better Christopher Nolan movie or something like that."

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/sebastian-stan-zack-snyder-marvel-dc-war-1201598888/
>>
>>67608697
>>67608666
What the fuck happened? The Clone Wars are upon us, /v/

arm the harpoons, vidyakino movies is here to stay
>>
>>67608514
>its all about what fanbase gets madder, the one that does should be attacked non-stop until they go away

Then why are you targeting DC?

Anyone that has been here for more than a year knows the marvel fans here are children and are easily triggered
>>
>snyder makes another bad comic book movie
>in defense of this, one anon tries to imply its not bad because some westerns and 2001 are equally bad

When people literally have to tie their brains in knots to justify the failings of a piece of cinema.
>>
>>67608752
>Then why are you targeting DC?
Because your entire post is wrong. Why do you think everyone is mocking your species into dust?
>>
Give me two beercans and a Fujifilm FinePix F401 Zoom from 2002 and I can do a better Batman vs Superman movie than Snyder ever can on his inflated 50 billion dollar budget that could feed 5 third world countries for two decades.
>>
>>67608750
I made a typo the first time hence my deleted post.
>>
>>67608750
they were more than a minute apart. Dude just deleted and reposted a marginally different version.

Its only freaky when the marketers accidentally double-post in the same second.
>>
>>67608781
>implying I'm DC

Welcome to /tv/ newfriend.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.