[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guy, could somebody help me understand that scene in BvS with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Guy, could somebody help me understand that scene in BvS with Clark and Pa Kent (who was stacking stones for, reasons?) atop that mountain?

>he didn't understand capeshit made for children

I know, but I am having trouble getting what was going on there. Some people pile it up as another dream sequence, but I don't think so. I mean, after Clark says he misses his Pa, the camera shows him standing alone. So, was he hallucinating, or was Pa Kent an actual ghost? Was that horrible story about the horses supposed to explain the psychotic upbringing he subjetced onto his son? And, what the fuck is Clark suddendly in some random mountain?
>>
>guys I need help interpreting the only scene in the movie that is as straight forward as possible
>>
Superman actually saved Kevin Costner and left him on top of a mountain in Man of Steel. He just had to make it look like he died in the tornado so that he didn't reveal his powers.
>>
>>67595294
Yes, that's my problem, I made it pretty clear. Please, do explain.
>>
>>67595302
lol
>>
What I want to know is that after its shown it was just a daydream, why were the stones still there? Was Clark just stacking stones on top of a mountain talking to himself lile a lunatic?
>>
>>67595294
this
I'm actually pissed they cut out the other one with General Zod
>>
>>67595216
In a world where super humans and aliens exist, it bothers me that people are criticizing dream sequences and ghosts. Like seriously?
>>
>>67595407
Better question is, why would he daydream about his dad telling him of dreaming about dead horses and shit?
>>
>>67595216
Bible imagery. Clark talks to his father on a mountain top just like Jesus.
>>
>>67595473
Are you for real? Dream sequences are the shit tier way to advance the plot and there are FOUR of them in the movie.
>>
>>67595534
Better watch drama movies instead. This is a god damn comic movie for crying out loud.

You people are disgusting.
>>
>>67595564
>comic book movies get a free pass from being shit and use shit plot devices becuse they are comic book movies

You filthy degenerate, your lack of standards IS disgusting.
>>
>>67595534
there were two of them, calm down
>>
>>67595649
>standards
>opinion
Christ, idiocy knows no bounds.
>>
Jesus's father's a carpenter aka someone who fiddles with stones and woods
Superman's Jesus
His dad's Joseph
>>
>>67595667
Bruce dreaming about his dead parents
Bruce dreaming about the bat monster attacking him
The Knightmare
Clark daydreaming about his dad
>>
Only try-hard scene in the movie I honestly liked.
>>
>>67595789
You missed Bruce dreaming about the flash.
>>
>>67595789
The knightmare was a vision of the future.
>>
>>67595832
Bruce literally wakes up from it, it was a vision delivered in a dream.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107 KB, 1920x1080
>>67595216
>Was that horrible story about the horses supposed to explain the psychotic upbringing he subjetced onto his son? And, what the fuck is Clark suddendly in some random mountain?
This really isn't that hard anon.

Firstly - Clark is alone after the Congress bombing because hes lost and trying to find reason (cause the world isn't as simple as he views it after the bombing incident).

The stones were already there - he just hallucinated/dreamed or was remembering a story his dad once told him.

The message is simple - sometimes good actions have bad consequences and you can't be blamed for not foreseeing them. At this point in the movie the main tension around Superman is all those people that were killed in the desert after he killed that terrorist (which Lex helped set up)

Clarks Father + Grandfather wake up in the middle of a massive storm - and work all night shovelling dirt to fence off the water from flooding their farm + Crops. He saves the farm (and is hailed as a 'Hero'). Meanwhile the diverted-water goes to another families farm and destroys their crops + drowns their horses.

So is he still a hero? Is it expressly his fault?
>>
>>67595812
Yeah, loved how the reason for Pa Kent telling Superman to not be a hero, was that he killed a bunch of horse by accident.
>>
>>67595916
>Pa Kent telling Superman to not be a hero
You missed the point of the scene anon.
>>
>>67595828
not a dream dumbshit
>>67595789
they cut out three more
Batman finding Robin in the burning mansion with the joker laughing
Superman day dreaming about Zod on the mountain top
Superman nightmare about the damage in man of steel
>>
>3 dummies talking about their fathers
>eisenberg's acting
>him talking to supes
>constantly mmmmm-ing
Why did they pick him? Scratch that, the dialogue and directing was at fault here just as much as jesse
>>
File: malla-malmivaara-05.jpg (784 KB, 936x1408) Image search: [Google]
malla-malmivaara-05.jpg
784 KB, 936x1408
That was actually one of the few good scenes in the entire flick. Very bittersweet and melancholic. You can tell Chris Terrio wrote it and that Goyer had absolutely nothing to do with it since it was such a human moment
>>
>>67595534
>Dream sequences are the shit tier way to advance the plo
But sopranos had thousands of them and all of them are amazing according to fa/tv/irgins
>>
I have autism

I've literally written essay-tier posts defending Man of Steel on this site.

But Zack Snyder depicting Jesusman talking to his heavenly Father on the Mountain one last time before his death is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen in my life. I am very surprised Zack Snyder had the restraint to not place an olive bush on that freezing mountain, but you never know, it might have been there.

Man of Steel is a masterpiece compared to Batman v Superman
>>
File: stopmyshitup.jpg (167 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
stopmyshitup.jpg
167 KB, 960x960
>>67595216
STOP SON
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.