[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>director has a speaking role >it is more than one or two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: reservoir-dogs-poster.jpg (208 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
reservoir-dogs-poster.jpg
208 KB, 1000x1500
>director has a speaking role
>it is more than one or two words
I still haven't seen more than a minute of Reservoir Dogs because of this. How did something like this happen?
>>
I don't get why that would be a problem.
His role is minimal in the movie. He just wanted to act in his own flick.

Mel Gibson was the star of Braveheart, but I don't see anyone complaining about that.
>>
>>67590979
His role was the first three minutes. No director should start the movie off. They're not actors.
>>
>>67591057
>Richard Attenborough
>Clint Eastwood
>>
>>67591057
>No director should start the movie off.
But Anon, Reservoir Dogs is a flick.
>>
>>67590979
Gibson didn't actually want to star in Braveheart, but the studio wouldn't fund the movie if he didn't, as well as sign on for a 4th Lethal Weapon.
>>
>>67590943
There is nothing wrong with directors starring in their own movies.
You're just autistic.
>>
>>67591057
>His role was the first three minutes.
He's more or less a background character in that scene.

>No director should start the movie off. They're not actors.
Yes, you're right, it isn't possible for a person to both act and direct succesfully. I'm not even going to look it up because there are clearly no examples of anyone ever doing this.
>>
Just be happy he didn't give himself the role of Mr Pink, like he originally planned.

And be happier that Based Buscemi impressed him enough to crowbar the role away from him, because Quentin REALLY didn't wanna have to give up playing Mr Pink at the time.
>>
>>67591057
>No director should start the movie off.
Yeah, Citizen Kane is such a piece of shit right
>>
>>67592440
imagine how bad the movie would be then
>>
Chris Penn gave the best performance in that movie anyway
>>
>>67592500
yeah but who shot him
>>
>>67592440
>"REALLY didn't wanna have to give up playing Mr Pink"
>quoting Tarantino's dank oral storytelling skill examples as cold hard facts
u good muh man
>>
>>67592678
It was the baby
>>
>>67592407
>no examples
Scorsese was pretty gud in Taxi Driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6frLQWOSlQ
>>
File: 2009668-rocky_iv_originalk[1].jpg (194 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2009668-rocky_iv_originalk[1].jpg
194 KB, 1280x720
>>67590943
>>67591057

Then I guess Rocky and Rambo are shit

fucking dumb faggot
>>
>>67594767
the shittiest rambo movie was the one he directed
>>
>>67593800
Sorry, I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>67590943
It is actually the best film of his entire career, but he is the worst part.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.