[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here the deal: if you're not mentally retarded, who need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: image_thumb5.png (373 KB, 532x273) Image search: [Google]
image_thumb5.png
373 KB, 532x273
Here the deal: if you're not mentally retarded, who need to be spoonfed every detail, and have a general ,average joe knowledge about the comics, you're gonna love this movie
>>
Thanks reddit
>>
File: 1386748394059.jpg (696 KB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
1386748394059.jpg
696 KB, 1053x1070
>completely shits on its comic source material
>you gonna love this movie as a comic book fan
>>
File: 1439466198128.jpg (72 KB, 574x413) Image search: [Google]
1439466198128.jpg
72 KB, 574x413
>>67572088
I said "general knowledge about the comics" not "autistic, crippling obsession" about it
>>
File: redson.jpg (49 KB, 485x295) Image search: [Google]
redson.jpg
49 KB, 485x295
>>67572088
>i read a comic once and it was nothing like this movie
>>
>>67571982
loved everything about this movie sans the end fight which seemed tacked on to give the unappreciative normies their whipped cream and cherry. the best parts and real meat of the film were in the real world perceptions of the heroes (batman branding criminals, people reacting positively and negatively to superman).

the opening segments were pure kino, the premonition/dream sequences were insanely engaging, and batman pounding thugs mercilessly/fighting supes 1v1 was extremely well done.

if they hired a better actor for lex i'd appreciate his scenes more. Lois Lane should have been tied into the film better, the writing for her character's role/lines were abysmal.
>>
>>67571982
>average joe knowledge about the comics

Sorry I grew out of comics at 14.
>>
>>67572299
Thank god, some reasonable anons left in this place. I thought i was losing it
>>
>>67572387
Give this guy a medal. Thanks for the bump, faggot
>>
>>67572299
I somewhat agree about Lois, she really had no reason to be around during the Doomsday fight. I think her role was done when she ran up to Superman to protect him from Batman. Mainly because it served the purpose of humanizing Sups. There was literally no reason to throw the staff in the water. She should have been the character that was able to reveal Lex's character a bit more, but it went no where.
I liked Lex but he needed a better motive than just I HATE GOD, people who say he didn't have a motive are retarded, but he had a poor one
>>
>>67572387
Then why are you here?
>>
>>67572088
The movie wasnt called The Dark Knight Rises. No one expected a scene for scene remake of the book. Get out of here.
>>
I like that this franchise's superman is inexperienced and wears many of his emotions on his sleeve despite his best attempts to remain collected. He is obviously only grounded by his personal relationships which at this point exists only through two people.

he's also mirrored in Batman who is shown to have grown tactically brutal in his crusade against crime (likely through losses of his own). He's knows what superman can become with his seemingly limitless power partially by looking at himself.
>>
>>67571982

The plot was fine to understand but the reasoning, motivations, lack of conclusion to political threads that were introduced, and film editing was fucking retarded.
>>
>>67572519
>Television and Film
This isn't /co/, faggot.
>>
>>67571982
I bet you enjoy the films of Zack Snyder
>>
>>67572496
there was n reason to throw the staff in the water, she had no communication or interaction with Doomsday so she had no reason to know to go back to get the staff.

Lex's motivation was definitely masked by the poor acting and some missing characterization but you still get glimpses of it. [spoiler[ One glimpse is that he made the choice to mix his own blood with zod's corpse to create superman's doomsday monster. You also see it in the fact that he's keeping detailed tabs on other metahumans.[/spoiler]
>>
>>67572758
underrated post
>>
>>67572736

I guess Macbeth with Fassbender should go on /lit/ then.

Insufferable fucking faggot.
>>
enjoyed the movie despite the critic response and clear campaign to make this franchise tank. didn't like lois lane's actions/ability to know all with barely any scenes showing research or visible clues to drive her character.

also didn't like that Gotham looked to be a stone's throw away from Metropolis, let alone that Clarke seemed to have no idea who bruce wayne/batman was despite him being around for 20+ years
>>
>>67572736
>he didn't get that i meant thread
>>
>>67572242

Why would you post one of the most irredeemably embarrassing panels in an overwhelmingly overhyped book in...

OH! I get it. Because like BvS, Red Son is shit else-worlds garbage that's touted by fanboys desperate to, what, show Superman is a character that can be used in 'adult' stories?
>>
>>67571982
come on dude. The email I got from DC said to convince people to go see BvS without insulting anyone. I just hope I get the $0.05 I was promised. Oh yea hey everyone go see BvS it's like really cool and has sick fight scenes. This ain't your daddy's superhero flick. I really really suggest you check out Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice today. It's really good.
>>
loooool I was lmao throughout the entire movie, If you unironically enjoy this you're either <15 or a fucking idiot.
>>
File: thor.png (982 KB, 576x1023) Image search: [Google]
thor.png
982 KB, 576x1023
>>67573035
>red son is shit
sorry, this better?
>>
>>67571982
>Don't know anything about comics
>Went in with low expectations
>Still had fun
>Enjoyed the more 'serious' tone as compared to the wacky marvel cu

Still had problems like doomsday, certain moments. .
>>
Any scene with Lois Lane or Lex Luthor was so bad they tainted every scene following it.
>>
>>67571982
9/10 2bh, I liked the refences to philosophy and mythology too, prometheus icarus etc.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.