[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Her is one of the best movies in recent years. It is a good parody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: images (1).jpg (7 KB, 314x160) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7 KB, 314x160
Her is one of the best movies in recent years. It is a good parody of modern life where no one can communicate with one another and people who search wildly for purpose. It is funny how the most human character was a robot
>>
>>67561661
But it isn't a superhero movie so no one cares right now
>>
>>67561749
Will bumb once more
>>
>>67561904
Self pity numb
>>
>>67561661
>of modern life

You mean modern middle class hipster life
>>
I really liked the movie because of the way the portrayed future clothes and fashion and stuff. I think I missed the whole rest of the movie.
>>
>>67562765
True it does deal more with the issues of middle class who can aford to waste time on such issues, but I am middle class so it appeals to me.
Hipster is a buzzword and means nothing today.
But thank you for contributing.
>>
>>67562838
Yeah it was a cool different approach to sci-fi very low key I enjoyed it.
>>
I'd agree with you.

It shows how soft, fragile and silly yet completely isolated we'd all be in a very real future (for the middle-upper middle class)

Those romance scenes with the AI seemed almost too cheesey, then it hit me that he's in love with a computer and I was instantly creeped out
>>
>>67563887
Yeah I think the point is that people have certain needs and that society can make them harder to obtain. So we react in very strange ways like falling in love with a computer.
>>
>>67561661

No. I found it incredibly dull and cringe worthy.
>>
>>67564112
I can understand the cringe but that is kinda the point this guy is kinda pathetic because he is missing out on a fundemental part of life.
>>
>>67564016
It's just an example of society moving faster than human psychology could catch up with

I'm surprised this movie didn't end in complete psychosis for the characters

To take a darker twist: the companies selling these AI systems could program them to introduce certain ideas to the human user, eventually brainwashing them to hold certain values since that AI is pretty well the only "person" they interact with
>>
>>67564566
But that would weaken the point, it is not that there is some person controlling the world and moving this way. It happened almost by accident and it is kinda perfect how society moved past people. I think the AI a bonding humans exploited this perfectly.
>>
Bumb
>>
>>67564842
This is true. But as a matter of personal taste I prefer it when shit gets gritty and darker

This is why I would prefer Ex Machina in a face off between these two films
>>
>>67566714
I can understand that I enjoyed both movies. Ex Machina focused more on the question of whether Eva actually had consciousness while Her just kinda assumed the AI did. Ex Machina only works to me though if the movie tricked you into believing that Eva felt compassion and fear without that it is a much weaker film.
>>
Bumb
>>
>>67561661
birdman was better than that crap

>oh sure, let's give our computers sophisticated AI systems with unlimited control over our digital lives
>as an added bonus we're going to try to give them emotions
>>
>>67569733
Missing the point
>>
>>67570184
the stupidity and dip into uncanny valley overruled any point

go home late > computer is having imaginary monthlies > computer gets offended and decides to erase your hard drive
>>
It was alright, I enjoyed the technical aspects of it and the world building a lot more than the actual story though.

It was definitely one of the better depictions of what life in the future would more realistically be like and I found that more enthralling than the actual plot. It was sweet and heartbreaking and all but I felt it was gimmicky. It wouldn't have been that interesting of a movie had she not been a robot and I get that that's the point but to me it makes it pointless when movies like 2046 exist that are sci fi love stories with interesting characters.

But I also really didn't like Lost in Translation either
>>
File: girls night out.jpg (200 KB, 1600x957) Image search: [Google]
girls night out.jpg
200 KB, 1600x957
>>67563887

think it's even worse for poor people tbqh who usually have even worse delayal of gratification skills and it's not even the future its NOW

>>67569733

it's not meant to be realistic and you can nitpick at anything, if I wanted to be autistic like you I could go on about Keaton getting his nose replaced over night ect
>>
>>67570753
I wouldn't call the whole plot of the movie being a joke, nitpicking

computer programs cannot have emotions, and even if they did, they couldn't "ascend"

it would have been better if they had simply gone the other way; make it less techy and have him create a 2nd personality within himself that he has talk to himself through microsoft sam
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.