[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lets settle this shit once and for all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: image:6419.jpg (520 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image:6419.jpg
520 KB, 1920x1080
Who's the better Batman? Affleck or Bale?
>>
>>67555376
And state your reasons why?
>>
bale is only a good batman+wayne in BB, from TDK onwards he basically stops being wayne and his batman has this retarded gormless look
affleck only has like half a movie obviously and kills dudes but i really enjoyed his batman + wayne
>>
Haven't even seen it but i can already say affleck. Bales cancer throat was unforgivable. And not bales fault but i never like Nolans costume. It looked like someone wearing a costume based off of batman, not THE batman. Ben afflecks suit looks like batman and the one peice cowl that can move with his head is genius. And judging from the trailers i can already tell the voice is better. Really being batman (not wayne) comes down to scary voice, intimidating look/beefy, sick bat costume.
>>
Afflek:

After being the batman for 20 years and going through a bunch of shit, Ben afflek plays a convincing aged Wayne who gets pushed to the edge after losing his robin. When superman and Zod destroy metropolis, he realized that he was just a human, and no matter how much strength he had or how much money was available, he would never be able to protect the world against such a threat on his own. The frustration and anger of his limitations has him just stop giving a fuck about his no killing rule as his new goal is to find some way(ANY way) to bring down supes if he has to.

Bale:
He wasn't really the batman for that long. While he sticks to the 'no killing' and merciful theme batman usually has, he couldn't handle the death of the only woman he loved and used Harveys death as the self-exile he needed to quit being the batman. Bales batman was sort of a little bitch in comparison tbqh.
>>
>>67555376
Don't be fooled by the movie being shit.
Batfleck is the best live action Batman to date.
>>
Joe walker
>>
Batfleck was a monster. He's the only live action Batman so far who was believable in the role.
>>
File: ryu.png (240 KB, 311x340) Image search: [Google]
ryu.png
240 KB, 311x340
>mfw even faggots at RLM admit it was the best live action portrayal of Batman
>>
>>67555376
Keaton.
>>
Batfleck. For all the scripting problems, he just breathes the role in and out. This is why I prefer cape films to use the graphic novels and such as a base for the character, then doing something original with the story. The characterisation of capes is too important to take liberties with. Bale was a weird amalgamation of an original idea, coupled with modern Batman. It didn't click with me as his characterisation jumps wildly between being selfish and selfless, both as Batman and Wayne. Not saying the character want okay. It was a terrible Batman.
>>
>>67555376
Batfleck is a beast I have nothing but praise for his performance
>>
Affleck
>>
>>67555454
>>67555703
>>67555743
>>67555762
>>67555882
>>67555987
>>67556121
Fuck off samefags!

#BaleBat4ever
>>
Bale's Batman is not mythological enough. He's basically a ninja cop.
DC is full of demigods like Superman, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing. Baleman universe is devoid of the overtly supernatural.
>>
Batfleck:
>pros
Physically imposing
Brutal fighter
Actually scary
Affleck as Bruce Wayne looks like he jumped straight off the page of a comic book
Use of gadgets
>cons
Murder
Branding
Gets too easily manipulated by Lex

Baleman:
>pros
Good Bruce Wayne
Doesn't murder (Not directly anyway)
>cons
The voice
Doesn't look big enough
His fighting is weak
Bale's lisp and weird mouth are too distracting and would be easy to identify
Was only Batman for like 1.5 years and then quit for 8 years, comes back and fights Bane and then retires again straight after (not muh batman!)
>>
Ben Affleck played Batman

Christian Bale played Ethan Hunt in a bat costume.
>>
I think Batfleck is the first "good" Batman desu
>>
Affleck > Bale > Keaton >> Kilmer > Clooney

Affleck is the best part of BvS and I wish we had gotten a stand alone Batman movie instead of this turd.
>>
Isn't it strange how the best Batman was introduced in this very clusterfuck of a movie? Really looking forward to other iterations of this Batman, I want an origin story for how he became like this, a tragedy where Jacon dies at the end
>>
Of course Affleck is better, he didn't even have to pretend being broken and miserable in front of the camera.
>>
>>67557047
>Really looking forward to other iterations of this Batman, I want an origin story for how he became like this, a tragedy where Jacon dies at the end
This a million times.

Scrap Justice League for all I care and give us a BvS prequel starring Batfleck
>>
>>67556195
#manletwithretardedvoice4ever
>>
>>67556195

>Samefags
>fags
>"s"

Nice oxymoron.
>>
>Batman
Bale lost in every single way. He was not an intimidating bat at all with that throat cancer voice. It was comical as hell, not his intention, but what it is. Batfleck was better by far, his blatant killing, brandings, etc. We got to see a dark batman for once and people cried like little girls about it. Once you wipe your tears, you'll see what is better, it's Affleck.

>Bruce
Affleck again. Here's why, and I don't blame this entirely on Bale, more on his script. Bale was just a stereotype blank slate of Batman, fuck bitch and be a charmer. That's as far as his character went because the script focused on shitty love angles in the trilogy (not really the first one though). It's like watching spiderman movies and his 1000th origin, it's stale.Affleck implied his stereotype Bruce Wayne in scenes (admits to having an eye for hot girls and has one in his bed alongside alcohol) We don't need to go though that filler. His Bruce interactions with people are blunt and to the point such as with Clark and Diana.

Affleck felt like a REAL character, someone you could believe goes out in night and wrecks shit. Bale felt like a rich frat boy who pretended to be serious. That's how I see it anyways. There's still more of Affleck to see and a 3 to 1 movie ratio is uneven.
>>
I knew Batfleck was better right after that scene where the 2 cops investigate the house. That was the first time I've seen Batman being terrifying, and it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>67555743
>The frustration and anger of his limitations has him just stop giving a fuck about his no killing rule as his new goal is to find some way(ANY way) to bring down supes if he has to.

But a lot of killing is done while helping Superman.
>>
Castingwise: Affleck
Actingwise: Bale
>>
>>67558759
>Actingwise: Bale
Bale acted? When?
>>
>>67555376
Should have just made a batman movie with superman cameoing in it to be honest
>>
>>67555376
Honestly, I can't compare them because their respective batman films had different requirements for portraying batman. specifically, I think Nolan's Batman and Bruce were more complex in terms of characterization than Snyders. I just don't think Affleck could have pulled off Nolan's Bruce/Batman in begins for example, especially all the beginning stuff. However, I do think Bale could've pulled off Affeck's batman, and come off just as much of a badass as Affleck did, because that batman didn't require all that much to do that portrayal successfully, imo.

And i'm not shitting on Affleck's batman, imo, he is my favorite on screen batman, but I don't think he could of worked well in Nolan's batman movies. Bale fit those requirements much better.
>>
Bale, definitely.
>>
>>67555376
Alfredo Casero > affleck >>> bale
>>
Affleck is a big guy and I feel his big physique was more suited for Batman, He's always been a big guy in the comics and he has to be a big guy in order to fight bad guys. I'm not denying that Bale was also quite a big guy but he was only really moderately big as apposed to Affleck who was a proper big guy for the role. Tall and muscly.
>>
Bale was a shit batman only better than Clooney
>>
Y'all need Keaton.
>>
>>67559013
FOR YOU
>>
File: daredevil-fight.0.0.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-fight.0.0.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
Cox

Red Batman is best Batman
>>
>>67559108
>le unnecessary flips man
>>
>>67558759
>>67558873
Only correct answers
Affleck fit better as batman, but he was literally just acting like himself. If there was any complexity Affleck would have butchered the character
>>
K E A T O N
E
A
T
O
N
>>
>>67559154
>but he was literally just acting like himself.

How? He was nothing like he is IRL from the interviews i've seen him in
>>
>>67559108
I'd love to see a Batman made from these guys.
>>
>>67559047
>>67559220

Keaton loses points for being too small and having a retarded suit that requires him to turn his whole body to look in other directions
>>
>>67556676
>muh murder
>muh branding
Batfleck is best Batman.
>>
>>67559275
>Keaton loses points for being too small and having a retarded suit that requires him to turn his whole body to look in other directions

Batman didn't get a neck turn til Dark Knight so that's a shitty criticism
>>
Can someone to explain to me why people are crying about how Batman kills in this flick?
>>
>>67559411

Clooney and Kilmer were shit too
>>
>>67555376
>Bale
Fucked up the transition between Bats and Bruce hard

>Affleck
Used a robot voice. Didn't even try

>Conroy
Does both the role of Bats and Bruce perfectly

I genuinely can't remember if Keaton changed his voice for Batman or not.
>>
File: cia.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>67555376
BALE?
>>
>>67555376
affleck killed it
he also killed dozens of people
>>
>>67559457
>I genuinely can't remember if Keaton changed his voice for Batman or not.
It was a bit raspier, but for the most part the same.
>>
Let be honest here. Throughout almost every version of batman whether it's cartoon, comics, or film, he is shown throwing some punches and throwing thugs into walls headfirst or incapacitating them in very questionable ways with excessive force. We are supposed to put up with it and believe they all survived when in reality, they'd be dead.

That warehouse scene was the best and most accurate fucking batman action scene ever put to film.

>gadgets
>brute strength
>tossing boxes
>getting taken down a little bit but coming right back

That shit was cash and I don't really care if bad guys were killed because he was intending to save someone who represents his failure to save his mom.
>>
Conroy best bat
http://youtu.be/TjAFbEP0wK4
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 348x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 348x267
>>67559438

Bale as Batman is best in Begins and Bale couldn't turn his his head in that one . . .

Keaton is GOAT, though Affleck really surprised the hell out of me. I want to see his solo Batman movie already. If Affleck gets more movies like Keaton and Bale had, he could top them. I'm definitely interested in more. Just please, no more Zach Snyder.
>>
>>67559457

He changed it. He's way more energetic and a slightly higher pitch with Bruce Wayne whereas Batman is more of a raspy whisper. The only time he breaks this is in the Catherdral scene where he says the "ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" when he mocks the Joker with a Bruce Wayne voice.

The comparisons are here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjEM8eBmoY0

Also this for good measure,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5xGvkI2K8
>>
File: CIAimCIA.jpg (41 KB, 1280x715) Image search: [Google]
CIAimCIA.jpg
41 KB, 1280x715
>>67559462
>>
>>67559698
Batfleck was literally beaking bones of dem thugs like Arkham Batman.
>>
>>67555376
I always liked how Bale used the Batman voice with people who knew damn well he was Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>67560204
I'm sorry, but Keaton's Batman/Bruce was terrible.
>>
>>67555376
Keaton
>>
>>67560425
Gotta stay in character the whole time. It prevents him accidentally slipping up with someone who doesn't know he's Bruce.
>>
>>67559154
>but he was literally just acting like himself.
Didn't know Affleck was an orphan billionaire by day, crime fighter detective by night.
>>
The Batman Begins training montage is one of my favorite scenes from all cape movies. And Bale is in that.
>>
Keaton's Wayne is a little left field but he is so unlike his Batman his keeping his secret identity is perhaps the most belivable.
>>
>>67555376
Conroy. Forever and always.
>>
>>67560741
he is Batman. Wayne is the fake identity.

(the voice is still shit though)
>>
>>67560993
I wish Conroy dubbed Batfleck. I mean he use voice changer so why not?
>>
>>67561040
>he is Batman. Wayne is the fake identity.

WRONG
>>
>>67555376
Affleck is a shitty director and an even worse actor.
>>
>>67561082
>1 min later "No he isn't!!"
>like a fucking little bitch stamping his feet
>>
>>67561175
stfu Hack Snyder. You fucked up and he's taking your job, deal with it.
>>
File: adam west batman.jpg (197 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
adam west batman.jpg
197 KB, 600x380
Adam West > All your grimdark nonsense
>>
File: char_20244[1].jpg (30 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_20244[1].jpg
30 KB, 210x240
>>67561402
Agreed
>>
>>67556989
>he doesn't know that Batman & Robin is pure fucking capekino and 100% better than any capeshit movie in the past 20 years
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.