[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Made fun of for years >Movies keep flopping (lel R.I.P.D)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: Ryan the god Reynolds.jpg (227 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
Ryan the god Reynolds.jpg
227 KB, 1440x960
>Made fun of for years
>Movies keep flopping (lel R.I.P.D)
>Still stays positive and delivers the best capekino seen since The Dark Knight Rises

How did he do it? Is he truly just a man, or something more? I wish I could experience a day in the life of Ryan Reynolds.
>>
>>67551641
He genuinely cared about the project and put effort into making it the best film that he could.

When you're fighting for your film and you're that passionate, it translates onto the screen.

In other words, maximum effort.
>>
stop calling capeshit "capekino" you manchildren
>>
File: image.png (72 KB, 671x544) Image search: [Google]
image.png
72 KB, 671x544
>>67551641
>>67551690
>>
>>67551641
I don't understood why Deadpool had so much effort put into it.
>>
>>67551641
He is the only man I'd become gay for, truly he is more than just an ordinary man.
>>
I'm glad the hollywood agenda against him is coming to an end. now he's too bankable
>>
>>67551718
I don't care if reddit also likes a movie that I thought was good.
>>
>>67551731
It's just a prank, bro.
>>
>>67551752
Then fuck off to Reddit.
>>
File: wat.jpg (9 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
9 KB, 229x220
>TDKR
>good
>>
>>67551731

They were testing the water for R rated/18 superhero movies. Blade did well but was killed by that trainwreck third film, and now were in a brave new world of capeshit blockbusters.

If they can run an adult line alongside the teen friendly toy adverts and saturday morning cartoons, well then theyve got all bases covered.

It was also a test of source-loyalty. No race swapping, no gender politics, no pandering to whatever demographic or toning down for the kiddy dollar. Turns out that shit is gold dust because *gasp*, people hate when producers tinker with the source material.

See:F4nt4stic 4our
>>
>>67551641
I Agree OP. Though I thought his best work was that movie where he worked at the dinner.
>>
>>67551873
Why? If I cared about their opinion, I'd go there. But I don't.

Maybe you should go there since you seem to care about their opinion. Go on. Shoo.
>>
>>67551873
>muh secrit club
>>
>>67551641
And this is why /tv/ will always be, by far, the worst board in this place.
Even unironically calling kino the piece of shit that Deadpool was is just laughable.
>>
File: reddit sjw mod.png (98 KB, 879x1045) Image search: [Google]
reddit sjw mod.png
98 KB, 879x1045
>>67551975
>>67551954
Oh don't worry redditor, we'll let your friends come in in hordes.
Then we'll also get some SJWs as mods so you feel at home, hey?
That good for you?
>>
>>67552009
I feel sorry for you mate. I couldn't care less about what you have to say or your fixation on website wars. grow up bud.
>>
>>67551641
Deadpool isn't capekino. It's regular capeshit.
>>
>>67552063
Sorry I don't want to have the biggest living trash of the internet poluting even more this board.
>>
>>67552009
>implying you have a say on who gets 'let' onto this site
>implying the mods aren't already sjw faggots.
You are too stupid to function
>>
>>67551873
/tv/ is Reddit in case you haven't noticed
>>
I was following him since Van WIlder and Just friends, really glad he finally found his break
>>
>>67552009
>talks constantly about reddit
>has pictures about reddit
Why do you care about some other website, anon?
>>
>>67551641
He deserves it to be honest. I'm genuinely happy for him. Wasn't he a producer for Deadpool too? So he'll be seeing extra cash in his pocket as wel.
>>
>>67552218
Because they are worthless cancer that has no place here.
Reddit is a containment site, it should fulfill that job.
>>
>>67552104
>Worked on for almost a decade because Ryan the man himself Reynolds was that passionate about it
>not kino

Literally every scene in this film had value, it was perfect for what it was doing.
>>
>be Reynolds
>be literally Deadpool with a shit ton of sequels and x men cross overs coming up
>have a hot wife whose busy in the buisness
>have a kid together
>both successfull and in their prime
>fucked as ScarJo in her prime

fuck, his life is literally perfect
>>
>>67552247
I have no clue what reddit is like because I don't use their site.

You clearly are very knowledgeable about reddit after years of being on their site. That's cool, but shut the fuck up about it here. This is /tv/. Talk movies and shows or shut the fuck up. I'm saying that as nicely as I can. Just shut the fuck up.
>>
I liked him in Buried
>>
>>67551641
Deadpool was 7/10 at best
>>
File: 1458327084826.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1458327084826.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
>>67552247
I don't go on reddit but you're such a fucking sperg lmao
>>
DCfags crying about being BTFO again. Also salty that Fatman vs Superfag bombed and still is rotting on the tomatometer.

Not capekino, but a damn good movie that stayed true to the source material and was fun the watch. I feel sorry for the butthurt faggots actually upset this movie did well.
>>
>>67552290
this has to be bait holy sheeit
>>
>>67552317
>lmao
Yes you do.
>>
>>67552334
Ayy check out this guy who's triggered by acronyms lmao
I've been here since 07 how bout you?
>>
>>67552355
>lmao
No, you haven't.
>>
Holy fuck. Anyone who actually gets noticeably angry about reddit is obviously an insecure newfag trying to fit in with le board culture. Shut up faggot
>>
>>67552369
I really don't feel like having an argument over who's more new so I'll end it like this, only newfags get triggered over acronyms and reddit. My guess is you're a freshman in high school whos sick of all the normies talking about reddit and you want to feel superior
>>
>>67551873
>being this Reddit

How much is Reddit paying you to shill here?
>>
>>67552321
How exactly did it bomb, it's breaking one record after another. http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-opening-box-office-results-international-1201725677/
>>
>>67551641
>How did he do it?
He's genuine.
>>
>>67551718
>Reddit might like that movie, so I can't like it
>>
>>67552710
genuinely shit.
>>
>>67552736
I never said he was good (or bad at that matter).
Only that he does his shit honestly.
>>
>>67552369

your assburgers are showing
>>
>>67551718
>lists literally every demographic that even watches current films in the cinema anymore

Damn, who could have guessed
>>
>best cape u cino
doubt.jpg
>>
>>67551910

It may be R rated but you can't tell me with a straight face that it's made and marketed towards adults
>>
>>67551641
For all fis big budget flops (and there weren't that many) the last 15 years RR has been working very hard making a lot of interesting, out of type films and has well earned respect as a professional and very hard working actor.
>>
>>67552124

Too late. This place is reddit 2.0
>>
>>67551910
Blind Al was race swapped. And it was toned down a lot (ex. Deadpool doesn't lock Al in a closet full of sharp things for days). I don't think you've read the source material.
>>
>>67551718
>I've narrowed it down

>""""" "" "" narrowed it down"""""""""
>>
>>67552306
For movies in general maybe, but a high 8 or low 9 for capeshit
>>
>>67552198
Just friends is GOAT Christmas movie
>>
>Handsome
>Talented
>Successful
>Hot successful wife
>Banged Scarlett Johansson

So what if a few movies he was in flopped? He still made a bunch of fucking money to be in them. It would be pretty hard to get discouraged going through life as Ryan Reynolds.
>>
>>67552264
>terrible force romance subplot to feed the general masses
>disorienting cuts to past and present
>the past is just more of the god-awful romance plot
>capekino

That's not to say it didn't have value. I have high hopes for the sequel with the inclusion of Cable. But it was just regular capeshit, man.
>>
>>67551752
I enjoyed Deadpool for the juvenile schlock-fest that it was, but let's not pretend it's a good movie.
>>
>>67551641
>capekino

fuckin homos.

Deadpool was aiight 6.5/10. It has next to zero re-watchability since the story was as flat as Nuclear Warhead's tits.

It was pop culture reference : the movie
>>
Deadpool is good because deadpool character was fun and charismatic, and that was the whole point of the movie.

But aside from that the whole movie is terrible, they can actually recast everyone that I wouldn't mind
>>
>>67551731
Because Ryan Reynolds fell in love with the character, and Fox didn't give enough of a shit about the movie to screw with it too much beyond keeping the budget low (it helps that Tom Rothman had jumped ship to Sony when they finally greenlit it; Tom was the one who specifically held Deadpool back, and his last greenlit film at Fox was fucking Fant4stic).
>>
>>67551718
>Be Ryan Reynolds 5 years into trying to get his vision of deadpool, on the phone with an executive.
>HEY MR. REYNOLDS WE LOVE THE IDEA OF DEADPOOL AND HIS 4TH WALL BREAKING HUMOR WE'D LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU ON THIS. THE STUDIO HAD SOME IDEAS HOW ABOUT A GANGDAM STYLE DANCE BREAK WE KNOW THE KIDS LOVE MEMES THESE DAYS HOW ABOUT WE MAKE A DEADPOOL ADVICE ANIMAL-
>click
>>
>>67551690
>>67551690
so did affleck.

its not just up to actor.
>>
i hated that shitty romance sub-plot
>>
>>67554648
that didn't happen in the movie
>>
>>67551718
Faraci is a shitbag
>>
>>67554866
It wasn't shitty because the girl was 10/10 and as such I actually believed he'd give a shit.
>>
File: blake-lively-ryan-reynolds-main.jpg (287 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
blake-lively-ryan-reynolds-main.jpg
287 KB, 2197x1463
>>67551641
>I wish I could experience a day in the life of Ryan Reynolds.
So would I
>>
>>67555652
it was bad because it dragged on for like half the movie
>>
>>67554866
ye ruined it, the flashback scenes spoiled the flick
>>
>>67551718
So what is the edgiest form of comedy?
>>
>>67551910

>They were testing the water for R rated/18 superhero movies.

Pretty sure the execs wanted it to be pg 13, but Ryan and the rest of the crew said rated R or no movie at all, hence the small as fuck budget
>>
>>67552009

Dude stop writing and posting pics about reddit nobody cares except you, you are the shitposter
>>
I hated the ending of Deadpool and wish they did away with the "hooker with a heart of gold" character and romance subplot completely and gave me more antics with the cranky old blind lady.
>>
File: exaliftin.png (35 KB, 696x709) Image search: [Google]
exaliftin.png
35 KB, 696x709
>>67555709

BLACKED when?

Ryan, not Blake
>>
>>67552247
Then stop talking about it you retard.

Spoilers: you're the cancer, not the "reddit fags" you're constantly talking about.
>>
>>67552264
Memepool si reddit-tier capeshit, you pleb
>Did I leave the stove on?
The cringe, for fuck's sake...
>>
>>67551641
Pronounced K eye no or Kee no?

> inb4 Keanu
>>
>>67558210
Blacked lively?
>>
>>67551690

This. He even used some of his own money to help with the marketing (need to recheck some sources to be sure) when fox wouldnt.

Ryan gave a shit and put his heart into the project when fox was ready to shit on it with a pg13 rating and a low budget.

Now that deadpool is successful, I can immediately see the sequel being absolute garbage. Fox will want to pump more money into it and try to have some more creative control because of this.

Deadpool is a pretty cool example of when you let a movie be made with the intention of entertaining it's fanbase. More movies need to be made with less company input.
>>
>>67558601
>Deadpool is a pretty cool example of when you let a movie be made with the intention of entertaining it's fanbase.
This
>>
>>67553147
Nick Fury was race-swapped. Race-swapping isn't necessarily bad.

They should experiment with a black batman, complete with ghetto origin story and shit.
>>
>>67558740
>Nick Fury was race-swapped
In the comics, Ultimate Universe. Fuck your black Batman. You want black characters, write them yourself.
>>
>>67558601
>Deadpool is a pretty cool example of when you let a movie be made with the intention of entertaining it's fanbase. More movies need to be made with less company input.
See pretty much all of Edgar Wright's (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim, etc) stuff; even SP, which gets shit for Michael Cera and having the audacity to cut some parts of 7 volumes of source material into a movie time limit, has ridiculous amounts of effort and detail placed in it that only someone who 100% believes in something could do.
>>
>>67558842
>You want black characters, write them yourself.
So Black Batman
>>
>>67558740
>Batman
>ghetto

I don't mind him being black, but bruce being rich is kinda essential to the entirety of batman.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.