[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was incredible. I admire Jodorowsky now. Will we ever see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
This was incredible. I admire Jodorowsky now. Will we ever see a Dune movie and who would be the perfect director for it?
>>
The problem with visionaries like jodoworsky is they always see their vision, even when the actual product is nothing close. So what you envision his Dune to be is exactly how hes describing it, without any sort of pesky details.

If he had managed to make his Dune, it would have been a total trainwreck, but he would not be able to see that. Because all he would see is what he wanted it to be.
>>
>>67551753
Possibly, or not. Arguably all of his films have been good to exceptional. He's one of the most passionate directors ever.
>>
I hope they release the storyboard book
>>
>>67551625
No, Jodo was our only chance. Lynch did a really good fucking effort but fantasy epics are just not his thing, his smaller scoped projects are much much better.
>>
>>67551625
His Dune would've been awful and he's making most of it up as he's talking in the documentary.

Also there have been Dune films before.
>>
>>67551625
As cynical as I was approaching this Doco, I was quite surprised at the cinematic storyboard him and Moebius made, and how a lot of the most famous sci-fi films are traced back to it.

Doesn't surprise me now thinking back, he sent that storyboard to all the big Film Companies and after a long deliberation (ie stealing his ideas) they denied his project, but kept the best pieces and divided it up among different films to milk maximum profit.
>>
>>67551795
All of his movies have been trainwrecks. But they are novel and endearing trainwrecks. Dune was looking like it would neither be novel or endearing.
>>
>>67551753

so Jodoworsky = Muad'Dib?
>>
>>67551922
Depends on what you define trainwreck. His films were pretty well received by both critics and viewers. It's just his style.
>>
I can imagine a movie that takes place in real outer space with actual spaceships being blown to smithereens and actual people dying but that makes me a dreamer and not a director.
Jodorowsky is a hack.
>>
>DUDE I'M GOING TO MAKE DUNE LMAO
>EXCEPT I'M NOT ACTUALLY MAKING DUNE, JUST SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAT I COOKED UP IN MY MIND AFTER DOING TOO MANY DRUGS LMAO
>HERE'S SOME CONCEPT ART WHILE I BITCH ABOUT HOW MEAN HOLLYWOOD IS FOR NOT ACCEPTING MY COOKY, DRUG-ADDLED IDEAS LMAO

no
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.