[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a far better Superman than Cavill will ever be Even seeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: brandon-routh.jpg (773 KB, 1987x3000) Image search: [Google]
brandon-routh.jpg
773 KB, 1987x3000
>a far better Superman than Cavill will ever be

Even seeing him playing the Atom now, I can't stop thinking "But this is Superman. This is CLEARLY SUPERMAN."

There's literally a superior reality running parallel to ours RIGHT NOW where Brandon is playing Superman.

And Ben Affleck is still Batman but he's also directing.

Fuck.
>>
>>67539482
there isnt a reality where you arent a faggot
>>
>>67539482
It's time to stop posting, Brandon
>>
>>67539482
Lol no Henry is a better choice. The reason it failed is because shit tier Snyder and shit writers.
>>
>>67539523
Words hurt, Zack.
>>
>>67539567
The only reason Returns failed is because of Singer. And compared to MoS/BvS it was still a resounding success.
>>
>>67539482
Christopher Reeves was the only person who conveyed any sort of personality as Superman.
>>
>>67539482
Too skinny

Cavill looks and sounds the part but he needs good writing.
>>
Its true. He can just bulk up and boom, better superman. And with him they'd be forced to make a lighter movie.
>>
He does a good Reeve impression.

Definitely was allowed to convey more emotion than Cavill, but that's mainly a script issue.

Quite frankly we don't know how Cavill is as Superman because he isn't playing Superman. And there's absolutely no Clark Kent presence to speak of in Snyder's films so we get even less range from him.

I really want to like Cavill as Superman but he just hasn't had the opportunity to actually play him.

A good Superman should be able to convey mastery over both Superman and Clark, like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c
>>
>>67539482
he was too twinkish but yeah his face is perfect and he's a much better actor than Cavill
>>
>>67540204

Hes had 2 movies, plenty of opportunity, you're just making excuses. I'll admit it's a shit script, but there is literally nothing of his performance that shines through in any way shape or form.
>>
>>67539629
Singer at least knows what a Superman movie should be like. If they just could have come up with a better story it would have been great. As it is it's still better than all other Supermans but the first two Reeves ones.
>>
>>67540392
>any superman movie better than superman IV
>>
>>67539629
Singer is a better director if you ask me.
>>
>>67540351
I completely agree his performance ishorribly dull but I can't imagine other actors giving much better ones with that garbage script. I just wish we had a proper Superman movie for Cavill to have a shot at.

>>67540392
I wish Returns had just been a reboot instead of a continuation of the Reeve movies. I liked Routh a lot and Spacey was great as Lex.
>>
>>67540516
I wasn't huge on Spacey. He seemed too angry but that's because all Spacey does is brood and yell. He's still better than Facebook though.
>>
>>67539482

Tom was better than those two hacks
>>
On Arrow he always looks like he has an eye infection
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.