[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mom >Mother >Mommy >Mama >or hell, just plain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: superman injured.jpg (16 KB, 558x248) Image search: [Google]
superman injured.jpg
16 KB, 558x248
>Mom
>Mother
>Mommy
>Mama
>or hell, just plain Ma

why would he instantly go with "Martha"? Did he actually know it would trigger a reaction out of Bruce? Does Superman now have the power to read minds?!
>>
>>67531692
I call my mom by her first name - but only because I hate her and don't want to let her know it.
>>
>superman can't save his own mom
>but batman magically can
>>
Because he was giving Bats instructions for after he kills him.

"Save Martha, Lex has her."

If he just said Mommy it's not much for Bruce to go on.
>>
>>67532136
This. How retarded are you OP?
>>
If you listened very carefully: he was saying "Save Martha K..." (with a metal spiked boot on his neck).

And even if he said, save my Mom. Bats will still ask him who his mom is; so, Supes will still have to say Martha Kent.

Supes is aware that Bats knows he is Clark (the alien thinks he can hide behind a pair of glasses and pose as a reporter). BUT Bats doesn't who Clark's adoptive/earth mom is.

Finding out someone's identity is different from looking up someone's familial background. Like when you go up for a job, they look up your identity NOT who your mom and dad is/was.
>>
>>67532136
Martha who? if that were true, he'd say her full name then? Martha Kent. instead Lois had to say it.
>>
is this what you found retarded and unbelievable about this scene? not how batman goes from 100% full on "i must kill superman" to "we are now best friends because our moms have the same name"?
>>
Can someone post a Solid 29% movie?
>>
>>67531692
His superpower is the ability to save capekino and be superbased. Thank you, based Snyder
>>
>>67532585
Bruce's catharsis has always been that he was responsible for his parents death.
-- in the comics books, for picking the night to watch Zorro
-- in Batman Begins, for leaving the opera scared.
-- there are other examples (one comic book version had him choose the alley as a short cut ...).

In any case, in the Batman/Superman comic book series, he DOES have a very special endearment for Martha Kent because of the name. ("Eat your peas, Bruce." ... "Yes, ma'am."). And this added a extra/special bond to his 'brotherhood' with Clark.

So YES ... Clark's mom's name ALSO being Martha DOES help in reducing his psychosis.
>>
>Lois shows up out of nowhere to explain
>>
>>67532535
He was trying too then batman started spazzing out
>>
>>67531692
Why would Superman reveal his identity to Batman by saying save my mom? You're being stupid.
>>
I'm not sure, bro, but it may be coming from someone who was investigating The Batman against his employers wishes and overhears a suspicious secret conversation when invited to a private formal event and being a reporter investigates leads and does his research on people's history and being relatively smart understands that an individual name humanizes a person, even more so if the name and the context in which they are used echo emotional personal memories triggering a moment of pause.

You tell me.
>>
>>67534210
see >>67532425
answer to your query = 3rd paragraph

Supes didn't pretend not knowing Bruce either. When he laded before the fight, he said, "Bruce, I was wrong ..." Unfortunately, Bats was already on suicide mode (hyper psychosis and full bloodlust) to listen.
>>
>>67531692
"Save Martha, you have to save Martha"

How fucking stupid are you, OP? He was giving instructions not crying out, dumbass.
>>
File: tdkr.png (995 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tdkr.png
995 KB, 1920x1080
>>67531692
Because he figured he was about to fucking die (Kryptonite Spear through his fucking face).

All he cared for was getting his mom to live. Bruce has no fucking idea who he is (and finding out would take time).

So he says the two most important things - Martha, and Lex has her.

>>67532585
>not how batman goes from 100% full on "i must kill superman" to "we are now best friends because our moms have the same name"?
Batmans entire fucking psyche has ALWAYS been based around his parents death and how he was unable to do a fucking thing to save them.

As >>67534103 already stated. He finds endless reasons as to why its his fault (and its also why hes so fucking brutal on criminals since he wants no other kid or person to suffer).

>He was the one who decided to leave the opera early
>He picked the night to watch it
>Some versions have him choosing to go through the alley.

In the movies scene especially - Bruce is on huge fucking edge (because Lex taunted him with the cheques saying he failed to save his family AGAIN).

The amount of people that didnt fucking pay attention to this movie is astounding
>Two dream sequences of his Father whispering 'Martha' as he died. Showing the apex of what Bruce remembers.
>Dreaming of their graves - running his hand over his mothers grave
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107 KB, 1920x1080
>>67534608
>That pose
>>
>>67534805
>Snyder is a visual director who adapts comic books, more at 11
>>
File: ibu.png (213 KB, 721x399) Image search: [Google]
ibu.png
213 KB, 721x399
>>67535276
I believe you.
>>
An unrealistic mess.
>>
>>67534805
its that a gun
>>
>>67536169
Yes. A grapling gun.

(like you didn't see it in the trailers/previews)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.