[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only reason you guys hate her is because you're misogynistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Rey_Cropped_Promo.jpg (51 KB, 462x839) Image search: [Google]
Rey_Cropped_Promo.jpg
51 KB, 462x839
The only reason you guys hate her is because you're misogynistic neckbeards.
>>
>>67531651
I don't hate her I just think she could have been a better character and unless they are going the prophecy route as well as making her fall to the dark side there's not a lot they can do to fix that issue. It's a shame because Finn is actually a really solid character.
>>
>>67531651
That's one of the reasons, yes.
>>
>>67531651
So?
>>
>>67531651
Exactly. You just found that out. Bravo!
>>
>>67531651
Her character is dull and Daisy can't act. Mind you most of the characters were dull, not just her
>>
>>67531651
She is not a great character and her acting is average but guess what it's a star wars film and it's made for kids so it's fine. The reason why people have a massive hate boner for her on /tv/ is because they are spergs who pretend like the original trilogy had some deep complex characters and that Luke wasn't in the same boat as Rey cause of nostalgia and Rey being a girl.
>>
>>67531651
People don't like her for the same reason they don't like Superman, she has no flaws.
>>
>>67531651
I'm not gay but Luke is cuter than her
>>
She's a good role model/hero for little girls, which is who she was created for, so I don't mind her.
>>
File: 1455522586439.jpg (128 KB, 572x480) Image search: [Google]
1455522586439.jpg
128 KB, 572x480
>>67532632
That's not a fair comparison, anon. Luke is cuter than most Star Wars characters.
>>
>>67532158
Well, they gave Superman flaws and people still hate him.

Rey is basically a Luke rip-off but without any flaws. Luke had flaws. Rey doesn't. She has none. Zero. Nill. Therefore I can't relate to her.

(Also, DR can't act.)
>>
File: Manchild.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Manchild.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>67532712
Star wars is a series for grownups.
>>
>>67532814
Supes just isn't interesting no matter what they do.
>>
>>67532632
>>67532775
He's the cutest human character in SW.
>>
>>67531651
I don't hate her. I really liked her initial introduction, I liked her backstory, her costume, how she acted actually autistic at the beginning, and I don't really care about looks and I'm not good enough at determining what's good or bad acting to really comment on that.

I was disappointed with how she turned out. She kept winning; sure, by the skin of her teeth in a few situations, but in places where other characters would have simply died. She won in places where she had little to no reason to do so because the plot demanded it. She is liked by characters within hours of meeting them and she is the one the Resistance sends to Luke, that old knight that they have risked their lives to find. Not Leia, who would want to see her brother again. Not R2, who spent all this time looking for Luke and who was clearly still loyal to his old master. Yes to Chewie, but he's only there as Rey's copilot.

I liked her potential but, like most things in this movie, the later execution left much to be desired, and that's the worst part: being enticed with something that could be good but not following through because the safe, steady money is in repeating the formula but in a more streamlined format that strips away the humanity so you can repeat those nostalgic images and phrases and character types and relationships and make bank.
>>
I don't mind Ridley. Rey is just a boring and weakly-written character.
>>
>>67532977
Nigga that's Francis
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 640x624
>>67531651
It's self insertion fantasy. They need to be able to imagine that they are the character they're watching on screen. Make it a girl and it goes away.

These people simply can't enjoy things for what they are. Females all over the world have loved and embraced Star Wars for what it was, a story about a boy who grows and becomes a Jedi, nobody asked them to "deal with it" or compromise. They just got the story and liked it for what it was.

Now males are being asked to do the same thing, and they're freaking out. Granted, girl nerds weren't really a thing until the mid 90's at best, but unless you're a kissless virgin I don't see how you could have a problem with Rey especially considering her character arc was clearly planned for three movies.
>>
>>67533284
No that's Jabba in a red t-shirt
>>
>>67534204
>image
>implying Rey is even remotely submissive
>implying Rey wouldn't have Kylo in that in a heartbeat the second she got the chance
>implying he wouldn't love it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.