[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
28:06:42:12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 28064212.png (148 KB, 399x378) Image search: [Google]
28064212.png
148 KB, 399x378
28:06:42:12
>>
I love this movie so much but i barely understand it.
>>
>>67531454
I enjoyed it more the first time I watched it, when I was sick at home with a fever.
>>
>>67531454
everything he does in the movie is to secure a time loop. if the loop doesn't happen, 2 universes would collide and end. that's it.
>>
>>67529966
>my first existential film

Music was fucking godtier though
>>
>i love you donnie darko

what did she mean be this?
>>
>>67531454
>kid survives his predetermined death due to the guilt of a hallucination of some guy that would kill dude's girlfriend in the future if he lives
>by surviving, he fucks up the universe and causes a rift
>rift is two universes slowly colliding that will end in mutual destruction
>because dude isn't supposed to be alive, he can hallucinate the future of sorts
>hallucination tries to make things right by leading dude down a path where he can do the most good
>but, as stated, his girlfriend has to die
>dude eventually realises all this and that if he had died as he should have, his girlfriend won't die and the world won't end
>as the rift grows stronger creating an electrical disturbance, because dude can see the future, he knows what's about to happen
I'm kinda unsure here, so it's down to interpretation
But either
>dude goes to right place to travel back in time along with the engine of the plane by being caught in the storm
or
>the entire film was a hallucination of a what-if scenario wherein he could choose not to die
either way
>because of events of the film, dude accepts his death and allows himself to die
>>
File: the ghost of feels past.jpg (86 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
the ghost of feels past.jpg
86 KB, 804x802
>tfw my gf wont give me a Donnie Darko-themed blowjob
>>
>>67532038
You know, there's an extended version with the book of philosophy of time travel in it. Reading it clears most of the weird interpretatiosn. Actually, people criticized the extended version because it "explains too much".
>>
>>67532295

Does he fuck the Rabbit Man?
>>
Gretchen was a qt, best part of this flick tbqh. Shame her actress doesn't look as good these days.
>>
File: RPDbnOx.jpg (77 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
RPDbnOx.jpg
77 KB, 852x480
>>67529966
Jake Gyllenhaal plays a retarded kid and Jena Malone is his GF.

Ryan Gosling also plays a retarded kid and Jena Malone is also his GF.

A few years pass.

Ryan Gosling is Driver.

Jake Gyllenhaal is Nightcrawler.

It's pottery but also spooky as fuck.[/spoiler
>>
>>67532295
Yeah, I've seen it a few times because they were giving it away with a newspaper when I was younger
But I haven't seen it in a few years so I forget how it explains that scene. I assume it confirms that he travels through time?
>>
>>67532818
>Ryan Gosling also plays a retarded kid and Jena Malone is also his GF.
Holy shit what. What flick?
>>
>>67532818
You just know she banged both of them but unfortunately for her, not at the same time.

>>67532960
United States of Leland (2003)
>>
All these years later and I still have no idea how to suck a fuck
>>
>This film is 15 years old
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.