[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so hated here? You guys kept saying it's terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: starwarshorizontal.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
starwarshorizontal.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
Why is this so hated here? You guys kept saying it's terrible and absolutely horrible but it wasn't at all. It's not great but it's a nice solid film.
>>
because it's popular
>>
/tv/ hates fun
>>
Cause it's popular
>>
/tv/ plays the contrarian card
This clip describes /tv/ perfectly
https://youtu.be/cxo0pSNYMXE
>>
>>67518963
>>67518980
>>67519006
>>67519012
>>67519056
>muh contrarians are meanies
/tv/ isn't one person you fucks.
But TFA was garbage and you're a dumbass for enjoying literal candy coated shit.
>>
File: 1452207779486.jpg (177 KB, 721x541) Image search: [Google]
1452207779486.jpg
177 KB, 721x541
It had a bad lead character.

I mean just look at this guy. I don't even know what this expression is trying to convey. He was also one of the most feminine characters I'd ever seen.
>>
>>67519109
>you're dumbasses for liking something I don't like
>>
>>67519109
Oww, careful with your edge reddit, it might be too damn sharp
>>
a 3rd deathstar
someone has a surprising father
>>
>>67519109
How the fuck was it garbage?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 550x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 550x346
>>67519215
No strong, reverberating Themes, Plots or Characters.

Just a lot of emotions. It was a Women's Channel action movie, but they won't evenwatch it.
>>
>>67518963
i didnt hate it but i wanted to watch an unshackled new star wars. it seems the jooz didnt understand why the prequels bombed and they decided to go to the extreme on the other hand and just remake the original movie. every plot line and signifiance occurance in the movie is the same. if you describe the forece awaknes and a new hope to someone who have never heard of starwars they will think its the same movie
>>
>>67518963

because of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klOtyVLeAHM
>>
>>67519165
Is that colombian superstar Hamez Rodriguez?
>>
>>67519339
praise kek.
>>
>>67519339
>Shilling your vid
And people say reddit hasn't taken over /tv/
>>
I like it despite bring a rehash of ANH and the fact that it implies that defeating the Empire meant pretty much nothing.
>>
File: mpc-hc 2016-03-20 21-28-05-66.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2016-03-20 21-28-05-66.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>67518963
>It's not great but it's a nice solid film.
>Mary Sue
>Brainwashed soldier gets over it immediately and kills his former friends without any problems
>Meets Han Solo, wops, what are you doing here? Oh look out, the kanji club is here
>Mary Sue magically knows more about the MF than Han Solo
>They meet Yoda number two, only she looks like shit for whatever reason
>Mary Sue is sad the nigger has to go but look out, here comes the Kanji club
>Traitor! Drops his only advantage
>Han Solo has never used Chewie's weapon before
>They take the Mary Sue
>Here is the super duper planet destroyer! It's even more powerful than the Death Star (Gets destroyed ten minutes later)
>sad emo teen tries to interrogate the Mary Sue but she's much too powerful
>Oh noes!
>They attack five minutes later, destroy the super duper death destroy weapon thingie without any problems
>Plasma or Phasma or whatever the fuck is literally thrown into the garbage
>Mary Sue and Finn easily defeat sad emo teenager
>The main villain says about his defeat, "Well shit, didn't see that coming. I guess sad emo teenager needs more practice!"
>R2D2 is in a coma
>Leia hugs Mary Sue instead of Chewie
>Go on this quest to find the sad emo teen-I mean Luke or Anakin or whatever the fuck his name is, he's old as fuck now
>helicopter shot
>JJ: My job here is done
10\10!
>>
Because it's almost a shot-for-shot remake of episode 4 with absolutely zero soul.

It's worse than the prequels, not as a movie, but as a concept. I'd rather watch some podracing or high ground shenanigans, because at least the awfulness makes me laugh. Those movies were all about a committee of complete yes men getting behind a single man's delusion vision.

Meanwhile, 7 is about the complete opposite. It's about an immense committee of Disney suits, lawyers and kikes doing 50 billion hours of focus testing on every single scene to try and predict what people want. It's a completely unremarkable pastiche made by people who only understand the technical aspects of 4 and are attempting to recreate it.

It's like if you took a picture of the Mona Lisa to some aliens, and asked them to create art. You'd get something that looked very similar but without any heart, because they didn't understand what art was.

I'd rather look at an Ecce Homo tier failure like the prequels, than a committee designed Mona Lisa rip-off.
>>
I've brainfucked my self to think that this is just Disney truly wanting to play it safe.

That aside, here is a daily reminder that the force vision is possibly the biggest detail that people are missing here, especially as we hear both Obi-Wan(Ewan AND Alec), as well as Yoda during the battle on Starkiller Base.
>>
>>67519339
Stop shilling your shit video
>>
>>67519622
>helicopter shot

do you think in Man of Steel they asked Clark to do the recording from the air?
Like the one with the jets.
>>
>>67518963
If you imagine that this is a stand alone film, and there's no such thing as jedi or anything in pop culture, then this movie's a 6.5/10. As a follow up to the Return of a Jedi, it's a 3/10 at best.

It's different if they said that this were the same characters but in a totally new interpretation that that'd be fine, but this, this is something else entirely and it sucks, horribly.

maRey Sue aside, it's boring and its not as world expansive as the prequels were. Shitty they may have been but I felt I was some where else, with the force awakens I'm not sure where I am and I don't care because Harrison knows he's being used to make Rey awesome, as is Carrie, so there's no depth at all to their performances. And maRey Sue is horribly, glaringly bad. Her being able to trump everything she does without any explanation as to how and why makes her out to be a bad ass for no good reason other than to sell the character's products and rides to normies.
>>
>>67518963
I hated the fact that Star Wars fans spent years shouting about the original trilogy, and how they weren't just dazzled by special effects, it was the characters and story that they really care about

TFA comes out, it's just about as unoriginal a story as possible, and low and behold, Star Wars fans prove that they really are just a hive of man children who wan't to see space battles and things from their childhood. If they really cared about story and characters they would surely be pretty disappointed in this blatant remake of ANH
>>
>>67519339

how old are you

fuck off back to /pol/
>>
Let's see :

- Rey is capable of everything because ... we'll find out in the sequel
- Kylo betrayed Luke because ..... well find out in the sequel
- Snoke is ... we'll find out in the sequel
- Leia is still leading some form of rebellion because ... we'll find out in the sequel

It feels like a trailer for what's to follow rather than an actual SW movie and on top of that 90% of it was lifted from ANH.

There are barely any memorable ship/vehicle/alien designs at all.

The logistics of an imperial remnant managing to construct a planet-sized weapon is retarded.
Having that weapon shoot halfway across the galaxy in seconds (even through hyperspace) so the beam can actually be seen in the sky of a completely different planet in the galaxy AND obliterate an entire system is .... retarded even for SW.

Phasma has been completely wasted as was her design.

Finn is a lame character, Poe is underused to say the least, Rey can do anything, the rest of the cast just shows up, hams it up and mugs for the camera and that's that.

Oh and the direction is so irritating since everyone keeps running around all the time, there are no ups and downs in pacing or any semblance of structure.

For instance when Rey escapes with Finn in the Falcon instead of having a lull in the action so we can catch up with the characters and feel out who they are and what their plan is they're conversation lasts about 10 seconds before Han shows up, and then their conversation with Han is again cut short after 10 seconds because those goons show up.
And that's how the entire movie is like.
>>
>>67522338
or maybe we're not hipsters
>>
>>67522588
>Star Wars exists because people in the 70's fought to make something original
>I want the new one to have an original story
>well fuck me, how much more contrarian can I get, such a hipster

It's funny, Star Wars fans are exactly the kinds of people who make sure original films LIKE Star Wars will never get made in Hollywood anymore. You will eat up reboot and remakes and call people who want something new a hipster
>>
>>67518963
It's a meme
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.