[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this guy get two Oscars for basically playing the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: christoph-waltz-02.jpg (2 MB, 2705x3977) Image search: [Google]
christoph-waltz-02.jpg
2 MB, 2705x3977
How did this guy get two Oscars for basically playing the same character?
>>
Because he plays it really well?
Everyone has figured out that he has no range by now anyway, he'll never win anything again.
Still, he deserved at least one imo.
>>
>>67517332
hollyjew loves le quirky meme characters
>>
>>67517332
>do something
>get reward
>do same thing again
>get the same reward again
It's not rocket science. Even dogs can understand it
>>
>>67517332
what was the second Oscar for? Hans Landa and who?
>>
He really shouldn't have won for Django. Leo was far superior. Waltz isn't even that great of an actor, he has no range. He's been cast in a few movies since Tarantino and he was utter shit in them all, he can only play one character very well.
>>
>>67517419
Dr King Shultz
>>
>>67517332
>hans landa- nazi, opportunist and all around asshole
>Dr King Schulz- gruff but kindhearted bounty hunter who puts moral principle before any secondary considerations
>basically the same character
>literally the only similarity is the ducking accent

How did you manage to make a thread without collapsing on your keyboard in a puddle of drool, retard?
>>
>>67517332
Don't pretend you don't like him, anon
he is great
>>
>>67517473
Oh wow, that didn't deserve an Oscar.
>>
>>67517473
Just realised the Dr King who likes niggers = MLK connection. Tarantino sure is a genius should win a Pulitzer tbqf m9
>>
>>67517484
Many people agree with him though. I don't know why
>>
>>67517508
Agreed
great performance, but not Oscar like
>>
>>67517586
they should have given him a bigger Oscar for Hans Landa
>>
>>67517484
top lel

Morons clearly think being German makes both characters identical.
>>
>>67517432
which movies was he utter shit in? He was good in Carnage
>>
>>67518110
Horrible bosses 2 and spectre
>>
>>67517484
His motives were different, but his personality and mannerisms were exactly the same.

If you told me that Schultz survived the shooting, shaved his beard and became a Nazi SS officer I would believe you because the characterization was exactly the same
>>
>>67517389

Come on. Having the ability to emote convincingly in a second language is pretty impressive.

I can't speak to his ability in his own language, what with not being familiar with colloquial inflections etc., but he scared the shit out of me in Inglorious Basterds.
>>
I don't know why you guyts like Hans Landa, he ends up giving himself in for the most retarded reasons instead of just killing the american.
All that conversation with him is just awful.
>>
>>67518311
>one is characterized as a ruthless careerist who would shoot his own mother for a promotion, and is an active participant in the holocaust
>the other is willing to spend all his money to free a friend's long lost wife, and then sacrifices his life to kill a racist douchecanoe

>same characterization

0/10 damage control.
>>
>>67518637

you're a fucking moron

it's not that his background and story and motives or whatever is the same-- it's that he IS LITERALLY THE SAME PERSON down to the mannerisms, the voice, the gestures, the small things that make a person unique.
>>
>>67518637
Again, look past the MOTIVATIONS of the character and actually look at their disposition and mannerism. If you can't do this you probably have actual autism and can't understand personality.
>>
File: du.jpg (155 KB, 640x948) Image search: [Google]
du.jpg
155 KB, 640x948
SLJ > Waltz > Leo
prove me wrong

you can't
>>
>>67518856
Yes. Samuel L Jackson was great.

Waltz played the same character he always does but it worked well for the movie.

Leo did the same "put on a silly accent until things get serious, then scrunch mah face up and scream" cartoo shit he does every movie
>>
>>67518856
no, you're right. SLJ was great in this movie and I wouldn't have thought he had it in him before
>>
>>67518711
>he didn't notice the subtle but omnipresent menacing tone for every word that comes out of landa's mouth, even in interactions where he's trying to be friendly
>didn't pick up on the contrast between that and the more warm and genuine feeling that Schulz's character inspires with every line
>so basically he can't spot the difference an obvious sociopath and someone who's just charming because they're a nice person
>accuses me of being an autist

HAH
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.