[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you think the first two Hobbits were great? Also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: hobbit.jpg (175 KB, 1050x591) Image search: [Google]
hobbit.jpg
175 KB, 1050x591
Why don't you think the first two Hobbits were great? Also I loved the spider scenes. Didn't freak me the fuck out but it made me uneasy.
>>
>>67509731
Desolation of Smaug > Five Armies > Unexpected Journey
>>
>>67509731
I unironically think that the extended hobbit trilogy is better than LOTR

Couldn't say about the theatrical versions though since I only saw the 2nd one in cinemas
>>
>>67509767
>Five Armies > Unexpected Journey
WHAT? UJ is the best Hobbit by far.
>>
>>67509816
That's because you are a moron.
>>
Has there been a fan edit that cuts it down to one three hour movie yet?
>>
Can you believe a fucking Hobbit trilogy came and past us? Am I going to feel this wasted and wounded when 4 more Star Wars! movies pass by?
>>
>>67510592
if only there some way to find websites using key words... some kind of... discovery motor...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hobbit+fan+edit
>>
>>67509731
Because faggot fanboys of the books didn't like the idea that they weren't literal adaptations of a children's story and actually did something new.
>>
>>67510592

Yes. Maple Films.
>>
>>67509816
Well that's dumb
>>
>>67510810
watched it. It's really good.
>>
>>67510810
Neat, thank you.
>>
File: 1357751036222.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1357751036222.jpg
310 KB, 1920x1080
>Why don't you think the first two Hobbits were great?

To me it completely missed the mark in the sense of wonder. I had it on Fellowship. I definitely had not in any of the Hobbit movies. There is no awe factor any more, it's completely gone from Jackson's films. It's a shame because it's in there as a naive poetic childish fairy tale book. There is a sense of awe and wonder in the book, but nowhere in the movies.

I also believe he never got a single dwarf looking right in any of his movies, including Gimli. I'm not talking art direction, I'm talking putting a human in a costume and then optic trick the shit out of it. Sure it's a technical challenge, and it works on some shots, but a dwarf body mass in Tolkien isn't human like, they almost have no neck and are very burly and large. also able to withstand both heat and cold. Though they are mortal, Dwarves have an average lifespan of 250 years. Dwarves do not share any lineage with humans in Tolkien.

The Dwarves were created during the Years of the Trees (also known as the Ages of Darkness) during the First Age, when all of Middle-earth was controlled by the forces of Melkor. They were created by the Vala Aulë, in secret from the other Valar, intended to be his children to whom he could teach his crafts. Ilúvatar, however, knew of their creation, despite Aulë's efforts. When confronted by Ilúvatar, Aulë confessed his deed and raised his hammer to destroy his creations. However, Ilúvatar stayed Aulë's hand and sanctified the dwarves, though he did not allow them to "awake" before the Elves (whom he had designated as "The Firstborn"). Aulë sealed the seven Fathers of the Dwarves in stone chambers in far-flung regions of Middle-earth to await their awakening.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.