[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there people out there that deny the greatness of "The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 81LV6XeGKsL._SL1500_.jpg (357 KB, 1048x1500) Image search: [Google]
81LV6XeGKsL._SL1500_.jpg
357 KB, 1048x1500
Are there people out there that deny the greatness of "The Warriors"? Please tell me why they exist?
>>
It's a good, fun flick but it's also baby's first cult film (next to Rocky Horror) so I think people in that awkward stage of feeling like they have something to prove to anonymous strangers on the internet rip on it a little unfairly.
>>
>>67496095
it was alright

points were definitely deducted for having a manlet mc
>>
>>67496242
I like to personally read it as a 90 discussion on racism and race politics. I think that's why it's held up for me longer than say Rocky Horror. I just has more to say than just LMAO LOOK ALIEN TRANNYS!!!!!!!11!
>>
My favorite Warrior was Rembrandt.
>>
>>67496273
There's nothing wrong with manlets
>>
>>67496308

Not sure what you mean by 90 discussion. Can't be the decade because this shit is out of the late 70s. 90 minutes?

Anyway, yeah, Rocky Horror is all catchy songs and zany antics with a cosplaying call and response culture, but there's not a lot to it outside of that.
>>
File: Warr.png (52 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Warr.png
52 KB, 320x240
>>67496095
You guys notice that the Jew was called vermin?
>>
I like it well enough, I just couldn't pick up on any real depth in the film. I haven't seen it for quite a while and I need to rewatch it, but it didn't seem like anything particularly special on my first view
>>
>>67496410
Yea typo. Sorry
>>
>>67496436
What about how the all white group's goal is to eliminate a group that is multiracial by way of accusing them of trying to break up attempted unity?
>>
>>67496436
>just couldn't pick up on any real depth in the film
Because it doesn't have any depth, is just a well done flick.
>>
>>67496504
Then the all black gang can't see through the lies of the all white gang. And that allowing differing perspectives would have been the only way of actually achieving peace that night.
>>
>>67496504
Like I said, I haven't seen it in years and I was probably like 15 the last time. I've become a much better film patron since then and I need to give it another look
>>
File: 1458506742539.png (760 KB, 1280x715) Image search: [Google]
1458506742539.png
760 KB, 1280x715
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.