[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was great, but I felt like the ending was unnecessary, a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: share.jpg (121 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
share.jpg
121 KB, 1200x750
This was great, but I felt like the ending was unnecessary, a few minutes too long, really. It could have easily ended on Michelle looking out at the alien ship in the distance and it would have had just as much if not more of an emotional impact.

Solid 8/10 flick though
>>
Wait, I forgot, this is /tv/, meaning no one's seen this since it isn't capeshit.
>>
I was loving the film so much until the ending, really killed the mood, do as you say and cut as she sees the ship, or alternatively cut as you see clover or something that'd link it more with the first film (I do realise we were told not to expect a direct sequel but srsly this could be called literally anything else and still be the same film)

My friends who watched it with me bet its just sequel bait for some "battle L.A: clover edition"

John Goodman was ebin
>>
>>67491299
Agreed man. Movie is fantastic right up until the alien boss battle
>>
>>67491958
It just comes out of nowhere and like I said as it has no relation to clover (when I watched cloverfield I just thought it was an monster, perhaps an alien monster but an monster nonetheless) but now supposedly theres some random alien invasion with gassy spaceships and evil dogs and crap

I fear they just used the name for brand recognition
>>
HELLO MARKETERS
>>
Is there any actually connection to Cloverfield? Does the monster show up at all?
>>
File: expansion.gif (1 MB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
expansion.gif
1 MB, 300x223
>mfw the copious amount of MEW feet in this
>>
>>67493265
It's trash.
First they implied it's sequel to generate interest, then switched gears at the last moment (probably because they'd get their shit fucked up for false advertising otherwise).
It's just generic aliens, no interesting monsters or anything, only a little nod to Cloverfield with some stupid company name shown in the movie.
>>
>>67493265
It's said to be a 'blood relative' of the cloverfield movie, the original alien monster doesn't show up but new types of aliens are introduced.
>>
This was a superior movie to Cloverfield desu
>>
>>67490788

It was fine I guess. It didn't really feel like it needed to be its own movie though. It could have fit just as well as an indie short film.
>>
>>67493571
And Super 8

Also yes they are in the same "Cloververse" said by JJ.
>>
>>67493533
Why don't you tell it like it is, faggot?
It's a completely different universe where the Cloverfield monster doesn't even exist.
>>
I thought everything after she got outside was pretty meh.
>>
>mfw shills are desperately trying to connect it to the original because they know people will only watch it if they are tricked into doing so
>>
S H I L L T H R E A D
>>
>>67493676
Because is all part of the JJ's big plan for a Cloverfield CU. By telling you the Clover is not in the same universe they already confirming the plans for a CU.
>>
>>67493826
Sounds like crap. Glad I never spent a penny on this.
>>
A FUCKING LAMPREY DOG
>>
>>67493676
'Tagruato' the company which Howard worked for, was the same one that was involved in the original cloverfield movie, so there is evidence that they are in the same universe
>>
>>67493961
You would not need to... Cloverfield 3 is already in production and I bet it will release in 2018 after SW 8.
>>
File: iFryAoX.png (549 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
iFryAoX.png
549 KB, 557x605
I liked it, I thought the aliens were kind of a shitty twist, but honestly, I liked the end. Also MEW panties give it bonus points and I'd let John Goodman watch me pee no homo.
>>
>>67494036
>Implying the dog alien wasn't an asshole and the ship wasn't a vagina.
Definitely some sort of pottery.
>>
>>67494076
A guaranteed flop.
>>
>>67494143
>still using spoilers
>>
>>67494068
That was literally just a nod to the audience.
JewJew admitted it wasn't the same universe and that he lied to everyone a day before the film came out, dummy.
>>
>>67494297
I hope this is true, the original Cloverfield was irredeemable ass.
>>
>>67490788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q shit film
>>
Would it change your opinion of the movie if you knew that the last 15 mins are part of a Half-Life testing short?
>>
The radio sequence at the end was trash. I enjoyed this flick until she went outside.
>>
>>67494364
Only if MEW is the player character and the POV is low third person.
>>
>>67490788
Test
>>
>>67494409
MEW is Chell by the theory...

So who would you like to play Gordon Freeman?
>>
>>67494324
Typical shill.
Cloverfield was a perfect found footage movie and for all its uniqueness and originality it deserved a sequel.
Instead what we got was a fucking re-animated corpse of a movie with flashy 'Cloverfield' packaging, cash-grabbing at its finest.
You just wanna' force groupthink in the hopes the product your shilling will look better.
Fuck off.
>>
>>67490788
Watched the film without knowing it was supposed to be connected to Cloverfield. The film was fantastic and I got the same feel as the German movie Victoria. The tensions was great. I'm not sure about the whole alien thing at the end, I felt it was unnecessary and they should've cut it out. With that being said, they couldn't have made the alien scene any better, the tension was still there and the effects were great as well
>>
>>67494364
No, and in fact it worries me because I love Half-Life and everything JJ touches nowadays seems to turn to shit.
>>
File: Dong expanded too fiercely.png (162 KB, 263x256) Image search: [Google]
Dong expanded too fiercely.png
162 KB, 263x256
>>67493461
>>
>>67494623
Was 10CloverfiledLane shit for you?
>>
>>67494702
Once I found out it wasn't a Cloverfield sequel I
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D it hard.
>>
>>67494564
>Instead what we got was a fucking re-animated corpse of a movie with flashy 'Cloverfield' packaging, cash-grabbing at its finest.
kek best post itt
>>
I thought the movie was good. A lot of fun, well cast, atmospheric, good soundtrack, amazing sets, really great chemistry between the actors. The ending came out of nowhere and was a little drawn out when all we really needed was an instance of explanation of whatever the cataclysm was. I also think it's sort of nitpicking to complain that it may or may not be related to Cloverfield simply based on the title, because it works as a standalone movie and could potentially contribute to more Cloverfield lore in the future, and honestly either of those things would be okay with me.
>>
10 Cloverfiled Lane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLOVERFILED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Super 8

Fact
>>
>>67494364

There was no point in the Half Life games that was as hackneyed as that part. It was ripped straight out of War of the Worlds.
>>
>>67494894
Top pleb. Why the fuck is Super 8 even on there?
>>
>>67494973
It's only 15 mins and I will give the last scene aew the weakest part of the film but no for the aliens themselves.

For me it was how fast are the events solved and how Michelle reacts to aliens for the first time. "Oh, come on" feels borderline Deadpool 4th wall comedy.
>>
>>67495194
JJ and Dan confirmed during an IGN interview that Super 8 was the first "Cloverfield film"
>>
>>67495271
You haven't been paying attention at all.
>tfw you breathe the same air as people who are this stupid
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.