[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Jennifer Lawrence used to be able to act but she can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
How come Jennifer Lawrence used to be able to act but she can't anymore?
>>
>>67483707
Manager told her she shouldn't for marketability reasons.
>>
>>67483707
She has early onset De Niro Syndrome
>>
I'd winter her bone iykwim
>>
>>67483707
She follows the money
>>
Back then she was acting for recognition and now she's just collecting checks.
>>
>>67483707
Jennifer Lawrence did a great job playing a redneck dyke from a family of meth dealers for the same reason Eminem did a great job playing a wigger aspiring to fame from a broken home in Detroit.
>>
>>67483707
Who cares? Bitch never was Streep. Prolly made a couple mil just to be blue chick and occasionally show her face.
>>
>>67483707

Because success and the weight of public opinion drove her crazy, just like most actors. When she made Winter's Bone I'm sure it was mad simple. "Just have fun and try to act natural and let's hope people see the movie!!"

now she's got like 10 agents and managers whispering in her ear and skimming percentages, she had the ego boost/expectation boost of a too-soon Oscar win, she's learning to anticipate the reactions of fans/haters/Internet to any roles she chooses or anything she says/does in public.

Sure she's making millions, but it's a mindfuck, and this is one of the huge reasons why so many actors/actresses have such a brief shelf life. Very few can actually cope with the fallout of success in the long term.
>>
>>67484238
>When she made Winter's Bone I'm sure it was mad simple. "Just have fun
Lol imagine how fun the scene where she sawed the hands off her father's frozen corpse was

#yolo
>>
File: 1456713101274.gif (474 KB, 127x139) Image search: [Google]
1456713101274.gif
474 KB, 127x139
>watch Silver Linings Playbook
>overrated but still pretty enjoyable, good acting all around except for de niro

>fast forward 3 years, they're all in Joy, and literally none of them are even trying
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.