[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me how this movie isn't a masterpiece.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: snowpiercer-poster.jpg (626 KB, 706x1000) Image search: [Google]
snowpiercer-poster.jpg
626 KB, 706x1000
Explain to me how this movie isn't a masterpiece.
>>
>>67461242
Because the last five minutes was both a literal and metaphorical trainwreck that ruined the movie
>>
>>67461242
why was it a masterpiece?
it was good fun and an entertaining ride but that's about it
>>
The ending let it down. Shame really. It was visually stunning and great performance from the cast, especially Evans.
>>
you like it
>>
The ending was absolutely horrible.
>>
>>67461268
yeah i've never been so disappointed by an ending
>>
>dude polar bears can survive that means humans can, too!
>oh fuck, everybody is now dead except for the junkie and 10 year old nigger, YAY HUMANITY IS SAVED

I imagine they were immediately mauled to death by the polar bears
>>
>neo meets the architect, I mean the engineer at the end
>>
It's a silly premise and just a dumb good old fun time for the most part, but it gets too serious for its own good and it's hard to care about people in such a ridiculous situation in the way the movie wants you to care about them.
>>
>>67461433
>I'm a sheeple of society
kek
>>
>>67461433

Where does it say that they are saved? They are not.

Its a very fitting, dark ending.
>>
>>67461519
>I'm a special snowflake that would literally kill everyone around me because I didn't get my way
>>
it's the condensed matrix trilogy.

Starts with a intense resistance story with an intriguing backdrop

Then it starts to take itself too seriously with an increasing WTF level

Finally he meets up with the architect and the revelation turns out to be disappointing and everything got BTFO
>>
>>67461585

iirc the director said in an interview that he saw it as a very hopeful, positive ending
>>
>>67461725
2 kids vs 1 polar bear. the only bear that proactively sees people as food.

hopeful
>>
>>67461767

best I could find in a minute:

>"From the very first draft that he wrote adapting the graphic novels, he always envisioned this ending where they finally escaped to the outside world and it's the start of a new generation. That's not changed. As far as the Polar Bear, that idea came up during the writing process. And he has a slight regret. Maybe he should have shot a deer because people think the bear is going to eat the kids. But, the idea of going outside."
>>
>>67461818
shoulda made it snow rabbits then, the kids can eat the snow rabbits
>>
>>67461725
People who hate the train being wrecked missed the point of the entire movie, I actually agree with the director saying that it's a positive ending.
>>
Cause the ending was literally nonsensical and dumb
>>
>>67461242
>get rattled over discovering we're eating bugs
>I tried to eat a baby once
>>
>>67461433
It means that if Polar Bears were able to survive then it's possible some humans who didn't get on the train survived as well.
>>
It's literally the same idea as the matrix
>>
>>67464277
Human beans can't survive in the same conditions as polar bears without a lot of specialized equipment and extensive training. How do you think a chinklet and nigglet are going to fucking fare?
>>
The movie felt super long. I almost fell asleep twice, and I was fondling a girl at the time, that's how badly paced it was.
>>
>>67464319
I'm saying that there are probably other settlements that managed to survive, and the 2 train survivors might be able to make it to one of them.
>>
It's only a masterpiece if you understand historical materialism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9qKj1Q_OU
>>
>>67461242
An original Paul joiner thread?
>>
File: 1436804794604.jpg (21 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1436804794604.jpg
21 KB, 268x265
>>67461624
>>67464312

Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a dining car if there are no more babies to eat?
>>
>>67461242
Communists are upset that the workers don't get 100% of the profit and this creates hard to traverse classes, capitalism/communism will always end in up as different degrees of slavery because they think "working is virtuous", this is precisely the exploitable mindset.
>>
Communist metaphors poorly made. Visually it's a great movie.
>>
File: inuit.jpg (56 KB, 526x388) Image search: [Google]
inuit.jpg
56 KB, 526x388
>>67464319
>>
Who maintains the tracks to keep them clear? The polar bears?
>>
>>67465466
nigger did you even watch the fucking movie
>>
>>67461507
This
>>
>>67461242
Ending was shiiiiiit and the premise was dumb when you think about it
This magical eternal engine....WHY THE FUCK IS IT ON A TRAIN? How autistic is this guy that he builds one prototype and puts it on an autism train? If it was heating a building and not on a fucking train, then it wouldn't need to be so small that the maintenance needs to be done by children
>>
the ending was only bad if you fail to understand what the film is about.

Most people obviously get the income inequality part but what's more harrowing the thinking about there literally are elites that engineer wars and kill people. Depending on how noided you are it makes a lot of sense to imagine some population control logic behind those elite decisions.

It was a great film but it had a very specific function and that's probably why people don't like it. It seems unnatural because in real life the divisions of plot and character are not so blatantly obvious to us, but that's what makes it good. Everything in the movie has a clear function and place, like in the story.
>>
>>67461507
This.

Also, cliché as fuck. Terrible flick desu
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.