[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was nearly perfect up until the point this guys subplot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
This movie was nearly perfect up until the point this guys subplot appears. From then the film goes down ten notches until the funeral scenes
>>
Just crazy to think they made a movie based on The Dark Knight Returns with Doomsday in it and everybody hates it.
>>
What did you dislike about it if I may ask? I thought it was great in the context of the character. He started out strong but not super menacing. As the fight went on he was fucking all kinds of shit up and becoming more grotesque and intensely enraged. If they had to do doomsday into a 10 min fight this was great execution
>>
>>67453336
>TDKR + Superman: Doomsday are two of my favourite capeshit stories
i mean i liked the movie, but given how much i like both of those stories, it was a bit of a letdown
>>
>>67453473
>Superman: Doomsday
It's called Death of Superman.
>>
The movie was pretty good up until the explosion.

Literally at that moment the really interesting and cool stuff set up from MoS about how Superman affects our world and the way people respond to him disappears and this needs to become the actual BvS/JL setup/Luthor movie. All the really cool stuff that was getting explored about the character of Superman, completely fucking gone.

The actual fight is not even a battle of ideals like they hopped it up as. It's just another setup situation you've seen in a million movies with the setup. Fuck, I'm pretty sure it's the plot of 2 or 3 seasons of 24
>>
>>67453531
fuck, i knew i got it wrong, but i couldn't remember the books actual name so instead of googling it i just risked it for the biscuit
>>
>>67453277
How quickly you forget about the whole rest of the movie trying to make Superman impotent and the world being suspicous of him when he "showed up in Africa and people died". Did anybody actually ask HOW they died? Because it was clearly gunfire and that ain't superman's M.O. Ironically this sort of thing happens in real life every now and then where some boo hoo person from a third world country shows up in congress so they can play into the hands of some lobbyist.

Also, the whole Martha bit was retarded.
A. The sudden swing from enemy to ally is way too rushed and
B. If saying his mothers name could sway him, he must have not had very good reasons to kill supes in the first place. He essentially had all the motives of a Klan wizard. "Why do you want to kill, Bruce? Because he's black--I mean an alien."
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 328x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 328x500
Why they put a cave troll in this movie?
>>
>>67453896
THAT'S what Doomsday reminded me of.

I kept thinking "he looks like something out of LotR'
>>
>>67453896
>Snyder stole Jackson's troll for Doomsday
>>
File: Doomsday_by_Tom_Fleming.png (856 KB, 525x640) Image search: [Google]
Doomsday_by_Tom_Fleming.png
856 KB, 525x640
>Doomsday gets more spiky
>Oh thank god they listened and he does get more spiky the more the fight goes on
>He didn't get spikier
>The Doomsday from Trailer 2 was as spiky as he got

I hate this shit
>>
>>67454170
To be fair Doomsday has a godawful design.
>>
>>67454246
Fuck you, I like it
>>
>>67453642
The animated film based on : Death of Superman.
Was called Superman: Doomsday though, so you get a cookie, but without chocolate chips.
>>
Is it ever explained in the movie how Lex has the technology to revive a dead alien and make him a lot stronger than he was?

Is it tech from Zod's ship?
>>
>>67454427
Yes. That was all the ship
>>
>>67454427
Yes the ship and brainiac
>>
>>67454427
Yes, Lex burned the fingerprints of Zod and took controll of the ship. Used a forbidden program to add his own dna to zod and make a ustaoppable monster.
>>
Saw it after work today and found it to be bland. I felt almost nothing the entire film. I was literally detached.

The FIRST time the music got good was when WW showed up. And then it stopped 3m later.

Superman dies in his 2nd movie? AND he's obviously not dead? What is this, Iron Man? Fuck.

Boring Vs Stupid, Man

Do Not Pay For This Shit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.