[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SNL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 150527_2869215_Spade_in_America.jpg (100 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
150527_2869215_Spade_in_America.jpg
100 KB, 640x360
was 95-97 the weakest point in SNL history?
>>
>>67447507
i liked how virtually every recurring character had a sitcom intro made for it

unfrozen caveman lawyer was goat
>>
>>67448335
the vacuum of star power was there. Spade was top billing with a very young Will Ferrel, David Koechner, and Cheri Oteri, it was a weird between period
>>
>>67448555
>will farrell
ew must be after phil hartman left
yuck
best years had chris farley/sandler/hartman/mike myers
>>
i was rewatching season 20-22, and the quality really dipped. Hartman left, Carvey too, all the top names. no woner Tim Meadows was in the cast for so many years
>>
>>67448867
meadows was probably like, now it's my time to shine because he usually played the straight man

ladies man was alright though
>>
>>67448969
the OJ trial was a godsend for him too
>>
>>67447507
SNL is not good
SNL has never been good
SNL will never be good
>>
Do Americans actually find this kitsch garbage funny? Christ no wonder The Simpsons is the only funny thing ye have ever produced.
>>
>>67447507
Yo dis here iz dat nigga who made uh harmless joke 'bouteddy murphy, an' eddy lost his sheeit, right? David wut his face? sho 'nuff!
>>
File: snl-chart-8.jpg (17 KB, 640x374) Image search: [Google]
snl-chart-8.jpg
17 KB, 640x374
Season 6 was the weakest point, show didn't really have a reason to exist then.

Mid 90s was pretty good. The cast were better writers than performers. It's better to have funny material, than have a bunch of lorne's lackeys who do whatever last second rewrite.

Norm Macdonald, Jim Breuer, Darrell Hammond, Fred Wolf, Tracy Morgan, Colin Quinn, Jimmy Fallon. Were all comedians on the show at the time.
>>
File: sho_nuff.jpg (248 KB, 832x463) Image search: [Google]
sho_nuff.jpg
248 KB, 832x463
>>67449638
???
>>
>>67449638
the joke was "look kids a fallen, quick make a wish" wish was true at the time, the guy was doing Vampire in Brooklyn, c'mon guys
>>
>>67449499
>Do Americans...

Every fucking thread with this shit.
>>
>>67447507
No, that would be current SNL
>>
>>67450262
I HAVE A FEVER!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.