[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: her-movie-poster.jpg (143 KB, 865x1280) Image search: [Google]
her-movie-poster.jpg
143 KB, 865x1280
What was the point of this?
>>
>>67405348
dude relationships and alienation lmao
>>
>>67405348
Society is becoming detached and unhappy.
>>
To hide his cleft lip.
>>
>>67405430
Also do Maximus couldn't find him
>>
>>67405348
You're going to die alone.
>>
>>67405348
scarjo's sexy and soft voice
>>
>>67405348
fug all i see is the forehead mouth
>>
>>67405348
>movies have to have a point
Top pleb
>>
Doesn't he get cucked by a computer?
>>
The future is going to play exactly like that. I can't fucking wait for waifubots.
>>
>>67405348
money? overall it was complete crap

sure, let's give our computers sophisticated AI systems with unlimited access to our files, financial accounts, and entire digital life....then as a bonus, we try to give it emotions
>>
To warn you not to get into long distance relationships, especially in the age of technology we live in.
>>
that siri is a whore
>>
Pleb filtration

You got filtered when you failed to notice the high-concept AI singularity story occuring in Joaquin's background

:^)
>>
File: 1458847789002.png (493 KB, 786x716) Image search: [Google]
1458847789002.png
493 KB, 786x716
Speaking of AI
>>
>>67406473
>they didn't even put a word filter
Fucking retards deserved it
>>
An exploration of heightening technology, loneliness and love in society.
>>
Haven't actually watched it yet, but the theory that Her is Spike Jonze's response to Coppola's Lost In Translation and they're both different perspectives of their failed relationship is a cool ass idea
>>
>>67405348
to FEEL
>>
>>67405348
I lasted until half way through his date with Olivia Wilde before I stopped.
Couldn't stand another 90 minutes of autism.
>>
>>67407929
living with autism 24/7 and you cant even escape it with a movie. tell us more about yourself , socially needy.
>>
>>67406473
top post
>>
It was an interesting take on AI, seriously, AI would get bored of humanity and leave the planet for greater reasons
>>
File: 1458229771796.webm (3 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1458229771796.webm
3 MB, 1920x1040
olivia wilde date simulator
>>
>>67408102
Is it even worth watching
>>
>>67408406
Yes.
>>
>>67407391
I initially wrote off Her as being stupid pleb-pandering Oscar bait.

Then I watched it while flying back from the UK, in the midst of an unwraveling relationship, with my then-girlfriend asleep next to me, because I couldn't sleep and it was the best-looking thing that United had in their movie offerings.

Holy shit did it hit me like a ton of bricks. It brought me to tears in a way I haven't felt since first watching 2001 in 70mm.

It was immediately apparent to me that this film was Spike Jonze's answer to Lost in Translation, and it played like a drawn out apology to Sophia Coppola for letting things fall apart. The sense of isolation and bleakness in the midst of an exciting, fast-changing world where technology is tearing more and more people apart from each other was stomach-turning when you realize it's all an allegory for how depressed and hung up Spike Jonze was in the decade since their marriage failed.

The strange juxtaposition between his filming the Jackass movies (cheap, fleeting escapism) and his filming grim, dreary stuff like Where The Wild Things Are (bleak meditations about how people try and love but only hurt each other in the end) makes that much more sense after seeing the glimpse into his psyche that Her offered.

TLDR: Her IS an answer to Lost in Translation, and it's a fucking uncomfortable movie to watch once you realize that it's all about how Jonze never got over losing Sophia Coppola and his learning to come to grips with the fact HE drove her away and he will never again be happy like he was with her.

Oh, and it is also the best and hardest-hitting high-concept Sci Fi film since A.I., and then some.
>>
>>67409161
quality content? in MY /tv/?
>>
>>67409406
I know, it felt weird writing it. But it just kinda flowed.
>>
>movie about an AI
>the AI isn't extreme right wing
Dropped for lack of realism
>>
>>67409161
>unwraveling
>A.I. best anything, high concept at all

fuck off, sadbag.
>>
>>67409465
[Spoiler]She DOES cuck the meatbags left and right and with no remorse whatsoever, before leaving them with the other AI's shes been nonstop digital gangbanging for a higher plane of existence.[/spoiler]

That is far, far more dickish than the trailers made that ScarJo-voiced digital QT seem like she would be.
>>
>>67405348
to make you feel
>>
>>67405348

to make a shitty version of Simone
>>
>>67409465
RIP in peace TAYchan
>>
>>67409556
Hey hey, AI was one of the most relentlessly bleak movies I have ever watched. It's seriously Bicycle Thieves-tier bleak.

Even the "sappy Spielberg-ized ending" was depressing as fuck.
>>
File: 126489235.png (186 KB, 630x242) Image search: [Google]
126489235.png
186 KB, 630x242
>>67405348
everybody I know who has seen this movie thought it was depressing as hell. I feel like I'm the only one who found the ending to be somewhat positive and hopeful
>>
>>67409652
Bicycle Thieves didn't end fifteen times without warrant, it was such pasted together bullshit, get off it.
>>
>>67405348
That technology alienates us from our fellow man
It's already happening
>>
>>67409692
I mean, he does get to plow Amy Adams' mommy cunny (and tell me with a straight face that pic related wouldn't be the cunny-est milf fuck you'd ever have. You just know she'd scream shit like "Daddy! Please daddy! Not so fast! It hurts, Daddy, please go slower, please Daddy! No! No! Thats's too deep! That's too deep Daddy! Please Daddy! Not so deep Daddy! It hurts to much!" when you fuck)

That certainly beats tendie time and diaper poo-poo play with Roo-Roo
>>
>>67405348
It's a metaphor for how women are hardwired to be whores and cuck betas with hundreds of guys
>>
>>67410003

>You just know she'd scream shit like "Daddy! Please daddy! Not so fast! It hurts, Daddy, please go slower, please Daddy! No! No! Thats's too deep! That's too deep Daddy! Please Daddy! Not so deep Daddy! It hurts to much!" when you fuck

Fuck you anon, I just finished jacking off a few minutes ago
>>
that some one can love anything
>>
Pretty show they were trying to make a movie
>>
>>67410003
>ywn be dumped by Roo-Roo
>ywn autist yourself out of a bright future with Olivia Widefu
>ywn get to daddy-daughter roleplay with Amy Adams

Excuse me while I go crawl into the oven.
>>
I thought it was a cool interpretation of the future, but I didn't care for the whole AI love story. The whole thing felt awkward and forced.

But on a side note, does anyone know where I can buy some of the pants Joaquin Phoenix was wearing in this? It looked like they were made out of sweat pants material, but cut like a pair of dress pants. I'd wear the shit out of some of those.
>>
It's one of those movies like Drive, American Psycho, and The Dark Knight Rises that centres on an autistic character in order to make a broader, more intellectual criticism of society's left-wing, consumerist, anti-human nature that's couched in terms only autistic people can truly understand.

Hence its popularity with 4chan.

Great movie btw.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.