[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a time Luke Skywalker has character development I'll wait
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Name a time Luke Skywalker has character development I'll wait
>>
>>67393586
Rey is shit, your Waifu is shit, no matter how many actual good characters you try to unsuccessfully pull down
>>
The Empire Strikes Back
>>
When he gets his fucking hand cut off and realizes he isn't hot shit
>>
When he looks up at the binary sunset and realizes there's a whole galaxy to explore and he is destined for greater things than uncle Owens farm.
>>
>>67393586
You're right, you win.
>>
it happened over the course of three films, in a similar fashion the new films will take but Rey will end up on the drak side.
>>
>>67393586

When he kisses his sister.
>>
at the end of return when he is fighting vader with his anger, he cuts off vaders hand and realizes he is falling to the dark side
>>
>>67393586
The Luke in your pic clearly isn't the same as in AnH.
>>
>>67393723
winner winner chicken dinner

op is a giant fagtroll
>>
>>67393756
No he already wanted that before that scene.
However, Luke has character development when
>His uncle and aunt gets killed
>He see Yoda lifting the X-wing
>He goes in the cave
>He cuts Vader's hand and watches that what happened to his father will happen to him if he kills him, then drops the lightsaber
>>
>>67393861
Yeah he's uglier
>>
>>67393723
/thread
>>
>>67393756
This + the scene shortly after finding out his uncle and aunt were toasted because they didn't say where he was played a large part in his character, he no longer seemed so naive as when he was looking at Leias hologram and imagining a fun adventure with a princess at the end, when he's looking at the sky he acknowledges this is real and takes on a more stoic disposition. A huge character development what, 30 mins into the film?
>>
He went from being a cute twink to a qt twunk.
And then came Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>67393586
when he accepts the loss of his stepparents uncle and aunt and goes on to fight the evil empire. so 20 minutes in brah.
>>
>>67393586
bitch
Luke is the best character arc ever. Whiny farm bitch with no future to calculated, selfless warrior. And hamill did it so well
>>
>>67393776
Hi OP.
>>
When he learns his daddy is the bad man
>>
>>67393586
His aunt and uncle get spilled and he's staring at the sunset realizing he finally gets his wish to leave- but at what cost.

After denying Obi-Wan once, he returns to him but accepts with great sadness "I will go with you to Alderaan. I wish to become a Jedi like my father".

He realizes the only way to grow is to leave everything behind.

Which is why Obi-Wan's death hits him so hard. That was his new parent and even he bites the dust.

The escape from the Death Star has Han and Luke fighting with everything they got to take on only 3 TIE fighters- Luke struggles through the entire scene UNTIL the very end when he finally shoots down just ONE. But for a farmboy who just left home, raided and prisonbroke the greatest military fortress in the galaxy- this small victory gives him the relief to make it back with the Princess.

Only to return to the fight, because thats what THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS.

His climax involves him abandoning the technology that got his friends killed and his old mentor chimes in, showing that he's NOW in tune with the force and gives him the Faith to use the Force AS WELL AS believe in himself.

Victory was earned that day.
>>
File: wonder bait.jpg (163 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
wonder bait.jpg
163 KB, 622x626
>>67393586
>>
File: rare stan.png (160 KB, 498x458) Image search: [Google]
rare stan.png
160 KB, 498x458
>>67393586
>name a time i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>67393723
OP on suicide watch
>>
>>67393586
>When he looks at the binary sunset
>When he meets Obi Wan & Han Solo
>When he uses the force to grab his lightsaber in Empire
>When he meets and trains with Yoda
>When he gets defeated by Vader and discovered that he is[/spoiler]Vader's son[/spoiler]
>When he almost kills Vader
>>
>>67393586
lol it happened when he decided after being entirely one note and good the entire trilogy that he wasnt gonna go to the dark side

>are people actually defending this guy as a good written character?
>>
>>67393913
>>67393957
I'm not really sure how much his uncle and aunt getting killed led to his character development because he wanted to leave to begin with. He just felt that he couldn't.
>>
>>67393586
The cave scene where he chops off force-illusion Vader's head and it rolls to the ground to reveal his own head inside the helmet. That was to show that if he attacks with hate in his heart he will fall to the dark side. It's why he says "I will not fight you" at the final climax. Because the only way to align oneself with the light side of the force is to be a pacifist, something the prequels disregarded entirely.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.