[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zack explains Bat of Murder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 2w5o908.png (331 KB, 729x461) Image search: [Google]
2w5o908.png
331 KB, 729x461
http://heroichollywood.com/zack-snyder-explains-batmans-methods-bvs/

>I tried to do it in a technical way. There’s a great YouTube video that shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies even though we would perceive them as movies where he doesn’t kill anyone. I think there’s 42 potential kills that Batman does! Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.

>So, I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

>A little more like manslaughter than murder, although I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time. There’s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy’s machine gun…I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot. Of course, I went to the gas tank, and all of the guys I work with were like, ‘You’ve gotta shoot him in the head’ because they’re all comic book dorks, and I was like, ‘I’m not gonna be the guy that does that!’

THIS FUCKING HACK
>>
File: 1391560589239.png (123 KB, 255x319) Image search: [Google]
1391560589239.png
123 KB, 255x319
>>67393150
>Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.
>>
>Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.

What?
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 2208x1242
>>
Zack Snyder confirmed for fucking retard.
>>
>>67393150
His reasons are always super cowardly. Guy needs some balls, he's always pointing fingers at other people "look st star wars though!!!", basically screaming "no u", grow up Zack Snyder.
>>
>>67393150
>It's a "Snyder can't just say "I WANTED TO MAKE A BATMAN WHO KILLS" and sticks to really dumb reasons including literally some Youtube video" episode

Lol.
>>
>>67393344
BASED SNYDER
HATERS BTFO
>>
Superheroes only refuse to kill people just so fan-favorite villains continue to show up in comic books. It's an artless medium.
>>
>star wars blew up planets
>YouTube says Nolan's kills

This is getting pathetic. Defend your creative choices without awkward deflections to other people.
>>
>There’s a great YouTube video that shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies even though we would perceive them as movies where he doesn’t kill anyone.

Do you think he watched a plane scene on Youtube? Do you think he joined into comment section?
>>
>>67393438
>>67393344
But is he not right?
>>
>>67393265
Did he not realize Burton's Batman killed?
>>
I can't even understand what he's saying? Burton's Batman was possibly the darkest one (Batman Returns for example) and he throws a dude from the bell tower in the first movie so he has a literal confirmed kill.
>>
File: DCuck.jpg (80 KB, 294x291) Image search: [Google]
DCuck.jpg
80 KB, 294x291
>>67393150
>they’re all comic book dorks
Zack "Too Cool" Snydley has spoken
>>
>>67393150
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time
>Frank Miller
there's your problem
>>
>>67393438
Blowing up a planet is fine though. If the good guy’s are associated with a planet that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.
>>
>>67393454
Its the villains who blew up a planet, the herosfags were trying to stop them so he's completely wrong on that one.

People complained about Nolan's 'I won't kill you but don't have to save you' thing not making sense, so it seems odd to double down on it for his own movie.

The real problem with bvs is that its generic cgi capeshit junk with nothing of value to offer anyone in the audience. Whether batman kills or not doesn't matter. Zack is a hack.
>>
File: 1451026362263.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451026362263.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>67393453
No, Snyder is too dumb to appreciate that scene.
>>
>>67393555
>Hack Snyder literally just read All Star Batman and made a movie from it

Does he say "I'm the GODDAMN BATMAN" in it?

No but literally Batman used to cap niggas all the time in his first appearances.
>>
>>67393583
Snyder would just look at the intern who showed it to him and say, "I don't get it. What's funny about this?"
>>
File: IMG_20160324_110439.jpg (97 KB, 581x432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_110439.jpg
97 KB, 581x432
>>67393150
He's a literal retard. Bravo Zack.
>>
Snyder is literally crying right now
>>
>>So, I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

so just like Batman: TAS?

Cool
>>
>>67393623

audience score went down again

IT'S NOT EVEN OUT IN AMERICA! AHAHAHAHA
>>
This has got to be the stupidest shit he has said. It is not somehow indirect or any different if you merely shoot a gas tank that kills ten people as apposed to just shooting someone in the head. I mean, sure thats more gorey but the effect is the exact same.
>>
>>67393150
>it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.
Did this asshole even read the comics before making a fucking movie about him!?
>>
>>67393617
That's why this defense makes no sense. He could just say "our batman kills", whys he rambling about YouTube videos and Chris Nolan. Zack is an autistic shithead.
>>
>>67393672
It's actually 10 times worse and also property damage will occur
>>
>>67393573
>The real problem with bvs is that its generic cgi capeshit junk
But this is the opposite of what the critics complained.
They complained about most of the film is just boring drama and only the last 20 minutes has some CGI fight in it, when in reality all they want is CGI fight scenes.
They couldn't win this no matter what.
>>
>>67393150
>the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.
Has this nigger seriously never even seen Tim Burton's Batman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ULSvR6hhyI
>>
This is the man who is in charge of DCU. TOP FUCKING KEK.

https://youtu.be/UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
The only Batman comic I've ever read was the Miller's one, and I'm pretty sure in it Batman always made sure to just cripple bad guys, each punch was accompanied by autistic inner monologue like
>This is going to discolate the shoulder. And this breaks your spine, hospital time 7-9 months
>>
File: image_2.jpg (431 KB, 1024x1017) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
431 KB, 1024x1017
Are you ready for your favorite member of the Smith family toreturn to Gotham?
>>
>>67393438
His defense is that fans already accepted instances of Batman killing, not "they did it so I did so its ok"
>>
File: bowarecallsdrones.gif (1 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
bowarecallsdrones.gif
1 MB, 300x170
>>67393150
>Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.
>>
>3 years of praise for comic accurate Frank Miller Batman
>movies come out
>people are made that it turns out to be....a fucking comic accurate Frank Miller Batman killing and all

This is exactly exactly why comic book nerds should not make these fucking capeshit movies. Capeshit should not be comic accurate, it should be wikipedia accurate. Wikipedia is the goto source for a normies opinion of a character - not the comics, not the cartoons, not the movies - wikipedia depicts the normative thoughts by the generic person who may have not read or watched the character in their lives. Its pop culture, not comic book culture. Theres a huge difference.
>>
File: 1456466422128.jpg (33 KB, 493x276) Image search: [Google]
1456466422128.jpg
33 KB, 493x276
>>
>>67393717
>>67393681
Are you retarded or illiterate?T
his is exactly what he's talking about.
The Batman in Tim Burton movies kill and doesn't give a fuck yet people have the image of that Batman having a no-kill rule.
>>
>>67393150
>A little more like manslaughter than murder, although I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time.

WHAT A FUCKING HACK

IN THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS BRUCE WAS OLD AND RETIRED. HIS BRUTALITY AND METHODS MADE SENSE. THIS IS THE FUCKING FIRST BATMAN APPEARANCE AND HE'S KILLING AND TORTURING PEOPLE. FUCK OFF YOU DUMB FUCKING HACK. YOUR MOVIE IS FUCKING GARBAGE.
>>
>>67393555
He doesn't, though, even the bat-tank uses rubber bullets. The mutant leader makes a point of it.
>>
File: BASED JADEN.jpg (84 KB, 634x809) Image search: [Google]
BASED JADEN.jpg
84 KB, 634x809
>>67393747
Pic related?
>>
>>67393150
jesus fucking christ, this hack
>>
>>67393796
or they can use good comic books instead of overrated trash.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>67393150
>>
>32%

The gift that keeps on giving
>>
>>67393735
To be fair, Bruce is a messed guy whose best friend is himself. All he has is that inner-monologue.

The weird thing is that Frank Miller celebrated the worst of Batman: the fucked-up, psychotic all-powerful daddy's boy part.
>>
>Joker has changed every time a new movie represents him
>Batman can't because i'm gigantic faggot fanboy
Father wayne was using guns in the flashpoint comic.
>>
>>67393822
I havent seen the movie but everything points to him having been jaded by being Batman for a long time and Robin had been killed already.
>>
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/141606956421/henry-cavill-fan-response-to-batman-v-superman-is

Here you go guys.
>>
>>67393700
Boring =/= good.

Just because something is long doesn't mean it is a good movie. I don't know where this idea came from. Yes lots of movies that are long happen to be quite good but them being long isn't the one thing that makes them good or something.

BVS is incredibly dull, shoddily put together, shit filled with retarded moments like, "and now I give you doomsday".

I'm going to assume you haven't seen it yet.
>>
As people have said ITT: If he just came out and said "THIS IS THE BATMAN IN THIS UNIVERSE, DEAL WITH IT NERDS" I think it would be fine. Normies probably wouldn't even notice him killing criminals if you didn't bring it up.
>>
>>67393555

He's full of shit. He kills once and it's handled perfectly.
>>
>>67393150
i want to watch a camrip of this shit, anyone know the source of these webms floating around?
>>
>>67393150
>all of the guys I work with were like, ‘You’ve gotta shoot him in the head’ because they’re all comic book dorks

mr 2 cool 4 the room here
>>
>>67393150
Please delete this, stop attacking DC fans. Please.
>>
>>67393900
No one implied boring=good you retarded faggot.
>>
Why are you so anglee about it? Batman is old as fuck he doesn't care about it at this point, he going to fight the biggest possible threat soon anyway so his possible death in sight at maximum level. Snyder is also gives as best Batman look and moves, just from Arkham games, shit's cool yo... Why everyone butthurt about it? I'm also liked his voice.
>>
File: ibelieveyou2.gif (259 KB, 1000x793) Image search: [Google]
ibelieveyou2.gif
259 KB, 1000x793
>>67393904

Ice cold.

>gif
>>
>>67393617
Nope, but I do remember there's a scene where Perry White call him the "goddamn Batman/bat of Gotham"
>>
preview of snyder interview after lacklustre weekend:

>sorry lads, the studio fucked me

confirmed
>>
The Batman video games managed to not make him kill people. How come a fucking movie can't get it right even though they have full control over what happens?
>>
>>67393904
And its retarded because the very next issue he doesnt just murder the Joker

Creating a killer Batman is retarded because trhe rogues gallaery wouldnt fucing exist anymore
>>
>>67393344
But Zach is right
>>
>>67393930
What is this ESL shitpost? Go the fuck home, you hajeed DC mark.
>>
>>67393822
DCucks everybody

see you at the Civil War opening night senpai
>>
>>67393984

He kills because that person is about to murder a kid and it saves them. Granted, Joker poisons a fairground full of kids and he stops short, but he fully intends to kill him before he stops himself.
>>
>all this missing the point
The point isn't whether Batman kills or not, the point is Snyder's retarded understanding of the material and deflective way of justifying his creative choices.
>>
>>67393974
lol no he had final cut

and also hes directing justice leageu
>>
>>67393617
>No but literally Batman used to cap niggas all the time in his first appearances.
Not really, he snapped some goon's neck and that was about it. The "no killing" policy kicked in like three or four issues into the character's existence. Those pics with him shooting a machinegun were war propaganda.
What defined the character for over 70 years wasn't him running around with a revolver, just like superman wasn't just some strong guy who could jump really high.
>>
>>67393979
In Arkham Knight all the vehicles are drones so he can blow em up as many as possible.
>>
>>67393747
Fish Mooney a shit

why would they do that? She's just gonna cry about not winning an Emmy for the role again
>>
Is the movie even going to make any money?
People at my work were talking about the poor RT scores. I think its over.
>>
>>67394000
"The other kids did it so it's okay for me to do it too!"

No he isn't, Zach sounds like a little kid who got caught doing something naughty and he's giving one of the worst excuses imaginable.
>>
>>67394020
He was chasing after Joker and could have stuck a batarang in his fucking throat as he was running around shooting random people

Instead he puts one in his eye, Im okay with ruthless Batman who doesnt care rather criminals live or die but it breaks all consistency with the depiction of him having a Rogues gallery

People will shit on Zack for this (among the piles of shit hes getting), but at least he had the restraint to not just let Batman shoot people. Not caring if explosions he sets off kills killers is okay with me
>>
>>67393902
He won't do it because he wants to blame fans for not liking his adaptation of the batman in order to have an excuse for the BvS flop.
>>
>>67394033

his hands have to have been tied. he's not a great director but I could never have believed he would be this bad.

and no. it will take unlikely box office numbers for him to direct the justice league. they are going to have to delay it for a year at least to let this shitstorm die down.
>>
>>67394106
Critical flop definitely. Financial flop? No way. The dumb worldwide audience is going to eat this shit up.
>>
On one hand I like that Snyder made Batman a sociopath, because Bruce is definitely a sociopath, but there's a much better way of doing it than have Batman straight up murder dudes.
>>
>>67394102
>People will shit on Zack for this (among the piles of shit hes getting), but at least he had the restraint to not just let Batman shoot people. Not caring if explosions he sets off kills killers is okay with me
Your opinion is entirely irrelevant and you're such an agreeable fanboy retard you'll go with whatever you get. His movies are garbage because he's a knucklehead with no respect for the source material.
>>
>>67394186
ill ignore all the insults since you dont mean them, youre just being caught up in memes.

but that last part? what did you mean by that? people itt are literally posting pictures from "the source material" where he kills
>>
>>67394169
Word of mouth can make or break a movie, and it won't help this one. Maybe it will do amazing numbers in china, those assholes love their trashy, explodey cinema.
>>
>>67393150
>shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies
fuck you hacknyder
>>
>>67393150
>the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.
Kill Snyder now.
>>
>and all of the guys I work with were like, ‘You’ve gotta shoot him in the head’

SNYDER IS NOT EVEN THE MOST RETARDED PERSON IN THE ROOM
>>
>>67394216
Except we're talking about with an 80 year old character. I could post images for days where he refuses to kill and I wouldn't be done, 3 or 4 frames do nothing to change that fact.
You're not adapting 3 panels in a history with hundreds of thousands of them.
>>
>>67393511
He's saying people mistakenly assume Batman didn't kill in that movie. Like you say, he did.

It was a confusing statement. He is retarded.
>>
>>67394266
its not just random frames from any book

TDKR is one of the top 3 most well-respected Batman comics in existence
>>
File: 1458774951545.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1458774951545.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>murder supes and murder bats

>mom let be be edgy and it totally backfired
>>
File: shinometa.jpg (224 KB, 675x658) Image search: [Google]
shinometa.jpg
224 KB, 675x658
>>67393150
>YouTube analysis of films deaths
Snyder has really lost it
>>
>>67393150
>I perceive it as him not killing directly
>From a certain point of view he didn't kill
>>
File: Maiden of Murder.webm (294 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
Maiden of Murder.webm
294 KB, 1280x528
>>67394357
Coming up next: Murder Woman

>inb4 dude she totally kills all the time in the comics
>>
>>67393904
The point is, Batman avoids killing all he can, to the point of having made a vow to never do so. But he's not about to make a stranger murder a baby in front of him. He would have killed the Joker had it been the Joker holding that kid hostage.
Same logic generally doesn't work with Superman. Zack would have had him using his heat wave to zap that assailant in the brain, but any other competent Superman writer would have had him use his breath to freeze his hand, use his superspeed to grab the gun from him before he has time to react, use his heat wave to melt the gun, etc. etc.
>>
File: Woman of Wurder.jpg (391 KB, 776x1204) Image search: [Google]
Woman of Wurder.jpg
391 KB, 776x1204
>>67394444
She does. She's a warrior, more so than the other two.
>>
>>67394444
But she does.
>>
>>67394466
>He would have killed the Joker had it been the Joker holding that kid hostage

My dude my dude my dawg

Joker holds a kid hostage. Batman throws a batarang in his eye.

If its to save an innocent life, then Batman should kill
>>
File: 1442609619736.jpg (15 KB, 310x222) Image search: [Google]
1442609619736.jpg
15 KB, 310x222
>>67394523
>>67394526
>>
>>67394444
Gee I wonder why she holds a fucking sword.
Is this where all the complaints about this movie come from? The kind of people that don't read any comics?
>>
>>67394577
>Gee I wonder why she holds a fucking sword.

I wonder the same thing
>>
File: 4021541-5420409541-batma[1].jpg (594 KB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
4021541-5420409541-batma[1].jpg
594 KB, 1920x1476
>>67393875
Batman is supposed to be incredibly fucked up tho, he's literally Rorschach from Watchmen only a billionaire, this is the guy that told his adopted son that he'd cucked him and impregnated his fiance while wearing his fucking Batman costume
>>
File: 1363650142225.gif (913 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1363650142225.gif
913 KB, 500x375
>>67394523
>she didn't even use her thighs to snap his neck
>>
>>67394558
If there are no other options, he should.
Thing is, there are almost always other options for him. But bad writers have kind of ruined that point on both side of the coin.

>"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you"
>"No, I must save the Joker, even after he blew up that childrens hospital!"
>>
>>67394577
I read comics, unlike people who always post the Max Lord death.

That was more than 10 years ago, the last human she killed in the main continuity and one of the few in her entire history. And that was a HUGE deal back then. It was supposed to be controversial.

Now we have her killing soldiers in a CW preview, like it's nothing unusual.
>>
>>67393839
The result would be the same thing we have now, most of the great Batman stories involve him being conditionally okay with killing people himself and probably all of them don't go for the REEEEE MURDER IS WRONG I CAN NEVER FORGIVE YOU approach. Best thing to do is not pay attention to people who read comic books, just take the things you like and add other things you like until the story is what you want.
>>
File: Ben.webm (3 MB, 320x410) Image search: [Google]
Ben.webm
3 MB, 320x410
>>
>>67393747
N-No!
NO!
>>
>>67393150
>it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.

Hmmm is this the movie where batman fires 684684 missile at the joker ?
>>
>>67394444
Quads of truth

Its coming
>>
>>67394297
>respectable
That's a comfortable and vague metric for your non-argument. Specially in a book where he makes a point in not killing. I doubt you even read that one.
>>
>>67393904
>>67393945
there's nothing that confirms he killed that guy, only that he did the "Shoot around the bad guy" trope
>>
>>67394577
>Gee I wonder why she holds a fucking sword.
>Is this where all the complaints about this movie come from?
No, I'm pretty sure they ranged from the scatterbrained script to the CGI overload, to the amateurish editing.
>>
>>67394661
>Batman is supposed to be incredibly fucked up tho, he's literally Rorschach from Watchmen only a billionaire
Stop bothering people with your headcanon.
>>
>>67394874
>most of the great Batman stories involve him being conditionally okay with killing people himself
No, they don't. This is what happens when you try to discuss comic books without reading them, or any other media, really.
>>
>>67394882

>Fucking capeshit
>I wish I was at home, reading the qur'an
>>
>>67394661
> literally rorscarch.

Except you're wrong. If anything the Punisher is closer to Rorscarch.
>>
>>67395205
Yes, they do, succ my dicc
>>
>batman kills people
>BUHU THIS IS NOT RIGHT NO CANNON!!! REEEEEEE
Shut the fuck up you neckbeard kids
>>
>>67394882
>dat hairline
More like dawn of baldness XD
>>
>>67395052
Im very confused by this post. Vague metric? Not many comic books pass over into mainstream, TDKR, Year One, Killing Joke - those are the definitive Batman comics by any metric.

you can scroll up to see why your last 2 sentences are really ignorant man
>>
>>67395238
I'll see what happens when you turn 40 fatass

Oh wait you are already look like you are 40
>>
>>67395237
People are well within their rights to defend the original concept. Implying you aren't a babby.
>>
>>67395284
>defend the original concept
Batman kills in Batman #1
>>
>>67395162
>Moore stated that Rorschach was created as a way of exploring what an archetypical Batman-type character—a driven, vengeance-fueled vigilante—would be like in the real world. He concluded that the short answer was "a nutcase"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKebCtCTbCA
>>
>>67395302
Show me.
>>
>>67395370
lol he kills the Joker in Killing Joke
>>
>>67395395
Implying the Joker counts as human. :3
>>
>>67395235
You average snyderfag, everyone. What's Batman's killcount in The Killing Joke, Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween, Venom, Death in the Family or the entirety of Knightfall?
Oh right, it's zero and this portrayal is completely off character.

>>67395241
Let's go over TDKR again, where he specifically uses non-lethal methods, where the author makes a point of it, too.
And yes, respectable is a vague metric. Who respects this? How do you measure it?
It's one of the most prominent, for sure, maybe one of the best selling. And still in it, Miller makes a very clear point that Batman does not kill, and it would take some extreme circumstances for him to do so.
>>
>>67395395
>Alan Moore comes out and say that he didn't kill the Joker
>lol he totally did, I'm a fucking retard
>>
>>67394882
this is JUST the saddest thing
>>
>>67395314
That's completely true, it doesn't mean batman is rorschach at all. It's also true that Moore based Rorschach on The Question, but focused more on author Steve Ditko's Objectivist views and lifestyle to develop him.
>>
>>67393150
He is absolutely right.
Prove me wrong faggot
>>
>>67395485
Source? The artist implied he did
>>
>>67395395
No he fucking doesn't you retarded cockpuppet.
>>
>>67394882

>why couldn't I be at Marvel laughing with my bros
>>
>>67394882
Stay away from capeshit faggot.
>>
>>67395569
Source of what? The killing joke was taken as canon, Barbara was crippled after the fact, the Joker was still alive. The book literally ends with Batman laughing at one of the joker's jokes and sharing a moment.
>>
>>67393583
YOU DONT GET TO BRING BOYS MMMMM
>>
>>67393150
I can't believe there was a point when I defended this retard. Just fuck off Zack, it's over for you.
>>
>>67395604
Ben looks like he hasn't laughed in years t bh
>>
>>67393150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kmVEjPKKM
>>
>>67395569
Did you read that book?
>>
>>67395234
>If anything the Punisher is closer to Rorscarch.
u wat???
>>
>>67393150
C'MON ZACK
All you had to say was this was a setup.
Like the Joker killing Robin made the Bats start to distort his one moral code.
Honestly when I first heard spoilers for the film I thought it was a great idea for Batman to be more reckless. You could have had this desensitized Batman who started giving less and less of a shit only to be inspired by Supes to do good again.
And in a way, you've achieved it but damn did you do it in a really frustrating way.
>>
>>67395771
You know, how he actually kills people without remorse and actually seems to find pleasure in it.
>>
>>67395761
>tfw you base your awesome script on youtube videos and fat comic book nerds try to criticize it
buncha failures, get out of you're mom'z basement u faggits lawl
>>
>>67393617
>Does he say "I'm the GODDAMN BATMAN" in it?
Oh fuck someone post that script
>>
>>67395771
In a moral absolutist way, sure. Their ideologies are relentless and they're incapable of change. They'd both rather die than go against what they are. What they are is what they do.
Other than that, Frank isn't an angry manlet with homoerotic tendencies.
>>
>>67393150
>but moooooom, the other kids did it too
>>
He comes off as someone that doesn't really watch movies but loves making them.
>>
Fuck you Snyder, fuck you so fucking much
>>
>>67394874
I prefer focusing on the themes the character represents; Miller did that and made one of the best Batman versions. Morrison did it half-way and made it more "interesting" but added a lot of unnecessary shit.
Nolan's Batman carries the themes but it's made from wikipedia excerpts on the character yet both normies and nerds love it.
>>
File: 271.jpg (12 KB, 479x271) Image search: [Google]
271.jpg
12 KB, 479x271
>>67395892
He's the only director who has directed more movies than he's watched.
>>
>>67395637
Not at the time of release, not at all
>>
File: 1267003910231.jpg (85 KB, 437x421) Image search: [Google]
1267003910231.jpg
85 KB, 437x421
>>67393885
K E K
that Full Force damage control emergency procedure

>Please don't listen to critics
>The movie is great
>Judge for yourself
>Pls respond
>>
>>67396019
It's irrelevant, it's obvious he lets him live at the end of the story. Jim fucking tells him not to kill him, they have to show him their way works. There's nothing even implying he harms him in any way.
It's like you know you fucked up, you're clueless about what you're discussing, but your autism keeps you posting after the fact.
>>
Was Nolan phoning it in a bit during tdkr? I doubt he'd care much, considering where his passion seems to lie when you look to his other movies. I feel like begins was him proving he could carry a big blockbuster and make it succesful, and the dark knight was him proving he could take that kind of blockbuster to the next level in the eyes of the audience, in that people are wowed again by the spectacle of it. He didn't have anything to prove with tdkr and he didn't innovate either.
>>
>>67393796
This.

Marvell shills are disgusting.
>>
>>67393796

yeah remember when doomsday came out in that

remember when lex used piss to make batman and superman fight

remember when wonder woman saved batman and superman and was the reason superman beat doomsday
>>
>>67396295
> blaming marvel fans for shithead casuals.

Your anal irritation is showing.
>>
File: 1362495114550.jpg (68 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
1362495114550.jpg
68 KB, 800x517
>>67394135
>his hands have to have been tied. he's not a great director but I could never have believed he would be this bad.

There are people on /tv/ right now who never saw Sucker Punch and believed in Snyder.
TOP KEK
>>
>>67393796
>>people are made that it turns out to be....a fucking comic accurate Frank Miller Batman killing and all
There's nothing accurate about this movie in relation to any Frank Miller story ever published. Your brand loyalty, ironic hipster nonsense has finally caused you to lose your mind.
>>67396295
Also, stop replying to your own idiocy.
>>
>>67396141
Yes. After Ledger's death he just didn't care. And he knew it would make money regardless, so whatever.
>>
>>67395867

Yes, he is tall. Other than that, you are wrong
>>
>>67396372
Wasn't sucker punch that piece of shit about the girl who wakes up in an asylum or w/e the fuck that was?

I never saw it. I figured it was garbage. Thought the same thing about SvB too desu.
>>
File: 1444919375621.jpg (839 KB, 1000x798) Image search: [Google]
1444919375621.jpg
839 KB, 1000x798
>>67396141
Well, I think he tried for parts of it. He has said that the plane scene is his favorite scene in any of his movies, so I imagine some amount of effort and love went into that.
>>
>>67393394

First true post on this stupid capeshit matter on /tv/.

And /tv/ ignores it. I see you anon.
>>
>>67393928
You did, maybe you should read your own posts
>>
>>67396440
He's right about everything in that post, though.
>>
>>67396141
>Was Nolan phoning it in a bit during tdkr?
No, I think as far as the technical stuff goes, he gave it all he had. He focused so much on the cinematography itself, he didn't care to even bother reading the script.
>>
I kinda liked [/spoiler] Suckerpunch
>>
>>67397146
Leave.
>>
>>67397146
Nice spoiler tags shame about your shit taste
>>
Please, no more interviews Zack ;_;
>>
>>67397199
>>67397206
What was soooo bad about Suckerpunch?
I mean yeah the story was retarded but it looked good and the action was okay. Mediocre but entertaining. How can people here defend shit like Transformers and hate other shit like Suckerpunch?
>>
>>67393265

He is saying that there is a general perception that Batman does not kill. This perception does not hold when we look at previous movies.
>>
>>67397364
transformers doesn't present itself as high art. michael bay knows exactly what type of director he is.

also no one defends transformers. Everyone admits the movies are stupid, but because they don't try to be anything but stupid, no one walks away feeling like someone just shit in their mouth.
>>
>>67397364
Nobody here defends transformers, stop using logical fallacies to defend terrible movies. You can't ride a story driven movie on visuals alone, they have to have some context.
>>
>exploding a grenade in his hand
>is killing by proxy

TIL Snyder is a psychopath
>>
Reminds me of the scene in Arkham City where he is told a bunch of criminals are getting shot by choppers and he is like "Guess I'll save them" like a grumpy 5 year old

If you are just gonna half ass it and go through loopholes where he "technically" doesn't kill anyone, what's the point?

He isn't doing this to cover his ass from the law, he has a strong moral compass

I mean, it's a picture book for children, not that complicated, but it always turns into normie vigilante murder fantasy
>>
>>67393150
This is so fucking dumb. You'd think Snyder wouldn't be able to make Batman a bigger sperg. You were wrong.
>>
>>67393150
>I don't kill. I cannot go down that path.
>But if I shoot a brick and it falls on a guy's head, that'll be alright.
>It doesn't count, okay? I'm not killing anyone.
>Technically it's the bullets from the assault rifle that's killing them, not me. I'm not responsible for killing them, this gun is.
>>
what a fucking idiot
>>
>>67393150
>Zack 'I didn't go to film school, I watched youtube videos' Snyder
>>
>>67395971
Garth should have directed Bat vs supes desu.
>>
>>67396556

Please tell me he did actually say that. He knows, tell me that he knows.
>>
>>67397872
he literally made car commercials before Dawn of the Dead remake
>>
what is her role?
>>
>>67395761
Half of those kills aren't even intentional. He fucking fell next to Harvey.
>>
>>67393150
>Youtube
This is where millions of dollars of research go
>>
>>67393747
>that outfit
>she died after being pushed into the water

Holy shit guys, I think they're trying to make her into some pseudo aquawoman queen shitbag who was saved by aquaman or some shit.

Fucking seriously for real this fucking stupid shit
>>
>>67393150
he literally thinks like a 13 year old
>>
>>67397953
She doesn't appear at all
>>
>>67393617
The first iteration of Batman prior to 1940 was just The Shadow in a separate costume. It took the authors months to flesh out the Batman we know today, who abhors killing due to his parents being gunned down.
>>
Batman has about 100 chances to just let a machine gun loose against baddies. Yet he does not do this. In the truck chase Batman could've just taken Batwing and shot everybody. Yet he did not do this.

It was pretty clear this version of Batman was so very tired and scared of metahumans. Alfred even remarks about how Batman is not the same person he used to be because of fear.

In my head canon it was obvious Batman still couldn't bring himself to kill by just straight up shooting but didn't care enough to save the bad guys.

I've always thought Batman was just insane when trying to tell himself how he didn't kill anybody. Oh, punch in the face, head smashed into a brickwall and no immediate medical attention? Sure, he will live. Sure.
>>
>>67394882
You hanging in there Ben?
>>
>>67397995
I don't remember where, but I saw a comparison between how jaden smith runs in after earth with the first video that pops up when you search on yt for "how to run fast".
>>
>>67394523
She caught a shitload of flack for doing that
>>
How is it possible to make comic book adaptations for 10 years and still know so little about comics?
I think my fucking grandma knows more about Batman than him just from listening to radio programs on current events.
>>
File: 1440629649002.jpg (204 KB, 806x709) Image search: [Google]
1440629649002.jpg
204 KB, 806x709
Is he autistic?
>>
File: Tameem_Antoniades.jpg (25 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Tameem_Antoniades.jpg
25 KB, 250x250
>>67398267
Comic books are for stupid nerds and superheroes are stupid. Give me a couple hundred million and I'll make people take this stupid nerd shit seriously.
>>
File: tumblr_nrvgg1Tkit1u8fi45o1_500.jpg (75 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrvgg1Tkit1u8fi45o1_500.jpg
75 KB, 500x350
>>67393150
>>
>>67393150
>get tons and tons of shit for having superman kill someone
>immediately have batman kill someone

This guy.
>>
>>67397386
>He is saying that there is a general perception that Batman does not kill. This perception does not hold when we look at previous movies.
No he's saying that Burton Batman (where he casually murders multiple people), and not the comics, is where the perception comes from. Comics Batman has been about not killing since like the 60's.
>>
>>67398267
He doesn't know anything about comic books. Retards say he does, but he just grabs an iconic comic or graphic novel, chooses pretty splash pages from it and recreate them on screen.

"Wow, it's just like a comic book! This is for comic fans! Look at this easter egg! Only comic fans like you and me will notice that ;^)"
>>
>>67398647
That's exactly why I'm supporting this movie. Your life is never going to improve. You're a pathetic virgin piece of trash and you're always going to be that.
>>
So who's a bigger hack. Joss Whedon or Zack Snyder?
>>
>>67398647
This is so fucking hilarious. I want to see the movie just to see how it happens.
>>
>>67394661
>I checked
>>
>>67393945
>>67395084
That photo basically shows he didn't kill the guy. Baby was occupying most of center mass. Batman just shot the gun at the wall next to him.
>>
I've never gotten the impression that Batman is beyond killing, from all the Batman media I've consumed throughout my life I always understood that Batman was never beyond collateral damage if the collateral were criminals.

And even then, Batfleck is at the end of his careers, he's been the Batman for decades. From the movie you get the impression that he's old, paranoid and disillusioned with the world, especially Gotham.

The whole plot of the movie is based around how Lex is able to emotionally manipulate Batfleck to t hate superman.
>>
Why doesn't he just say I wanted to make a batman thats not afraid to kill people.
>>
>>67393927
Real DC fans are just as pissed at this shit
>>
>>67393150
>I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot. Of course

so he took a great scene from the book and completely tarnished it at the end, bravo.
>>
>>67397953
>>67398177
I think she's the kryptonian AI voice.
>>
>>67393945
SNYDER DIDN'T EVEN READ THE NEXT PAGE LMAO
>>
File: 1455057049715.jpg (9 KB, 251x229) Image search: [Google]
1455057049715.jpg
9 KB, 251x229
>>67393438
Poe Dameron killed like a million people and did it with a smile on his face. That's fucked.
>>
>>67398661
>Comics Batman has been about not killing since like the 60's.
Since the 1940's, actually. He stopped killing like by 1941 or something like that.
>>
i get from this thread the critic reviews are bad, but what are the audiences thinking, and what is it's projected performance in dollar signs? will it be successful?

there are individual critics i tend to trust, but there is sometimes an elitist herd mentality that affects them from time to time, which is why i don't put too absolute stock in the critic aggregates
>>
>>67393150
>the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time. There’s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy’s machine gun…I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun.

yet more proof that it's all Frank Miller's fault
>>
>>67399287
>put absolute stock

fixd

too much coffee today
>>
>>67398838
I'd honestly rather watch Snyder than Whedon. Whedon can't shoot action for shit and his films are all just witty quips whilst Dynasty Warriors combat.

Snyder at least can do some neat action scenes sometimes, he can make a scene visually interesting, even if he can't do anything else, apparently. Whedon's films all look flat and cheap.
>>
>>67399114
>>67399326
It's the lack of quips from every fucking character that people even on 4chan cannot understand. "B-But they quipped in the Deadpool movie! W-why aren't they the funny in this one."
>>
>>67395395
>>67395569
>the artist implied it
are you a fucking retard? did you even read the killing joke
Batman literally says "I'm not going to kill or hurt you anymore because you'll be sent back to Arkham"
and than Joker tells his joke and they both laugh
>>
>>67393150
>There’s a great YouTube video that shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies even though we would perceive them as movies where he doesn’t kill anyone. I think there’s 42 potential kills that Batman does!
It's far less than that, Zack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM

There's only 45 in every movie together.
>>
File: 1442336221057.png (178 KB, 241x340) Image search: [Google]
1442336221057.png
178 KB, 241x340
>>67397914

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/christopher-nolans-favorite-sequence-from-his-movies-is-the-airplane-kidnapping-scene-from-the-dark-knight-rises-20150421

There's a source for you. I don't think he knows about Baneposting though. Apparently Aidan Gidden does and he doesn't like it. There's not much basis for that though, just some people who said they have met him and asked about it.
>>
File: giphy.gif (848 KB, 720x416) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
848 KB, 720x416
>Tim Burton's Batman frankenstienered a 7 foot nigger off a bell tower in a church and kill him.
>>
>>67399661
He also bombed a chemical factory full of goons by remote control.
>>
>>67393394

this tbqh
>>
>>67393394
>I would kill so therefore EVERYONE should kill
>>
>>67393150
>>67393265
>>67393238
I had stop reading.
Just when I thought Snyder couldn't be a bigger meathead that doesn't know shit about the characters he is adapting.
Holy fuck. This guy is looking at YouTube videos of Nolan's films for inspiration. Holy shit. How did this retard get hired for this?!
>>
File: 1356374486915.jpg (107 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1356374486915.jpg
107 KB, 848x900
>>67394882
>>
>>67393150

This can't be real.
>>
>>67399287

I get my reviews from neutral german sites and they all universally agree that the movie downright sucks but will still make a lot of money because of the marketing and because it has fucking Batman and Superman in the title. The movie could be literally about them eating piles of turd and people would still watch itn
>>
I will see it myself tomorrow

I'm not a sheep, I make my own opinions
>>
File: 1420425126444.png (26 KB, 192x191) Image search: [Google]
1420425126444.png
26 KB, 192x191
>>67400530
>I'm not a sheep, I make my own opinions
>>
>>67397953
She's Barbara Gordon. She was cut from the movie; Snyder said she will appear on the bluray though.
>>
>>67396840
>He focused so much on the cinematography itself, he didn't care to even bother reading the script.

He wrote it btw
>>
This guy.

True nerd.
>>
File: 9.gif (2 MB, 325x235) Image search: [Google]
9.gif
2 MB, 325x235
>>67393150
>Tim Burton Batman movies
>where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from

Tell that to all the thugs in Acme Chemical that night.
>>
>There’s a great YouTube video

this cant be real
>>
>>67400790
Axis Chemicals*
>>
Snyder talking out of his fucking ass.

Its debatable whether or not Batman kills in Miller's work. The Bat-Tank uses rubber bullets. Maybe he kills that one guy with a gun like Snyder says but he certainly doesn't "kill all the time." What the fuck is Snyder talking about? Its like he didn't even read the book.
>>
>>67393882
So something that happened in the comics and could, maybe, have happened, but you know, is not shown or explained in any way should justify this shitty portrayal? Nope.

You know, sometimes I feel like I'm too lenient on capeshit as I end up going to watch most superhero movies. I didn't go to watch Fant4stic and I made up my mind long ago to not go watch BvS. As the marketing ramped up I thought that maybe my initial gut feeling was wrong and that BvS wouldn't be complete flaming garbage. Now I know I was right.

You know why the DCCU is going to fail? Because the people in charge are total douchebags that don't give two shits about making a fun movie or a good movie. All this shit about Affleck being a Batman fan is bullshit that's been spread with the marketing campaign. If you watch early interviews from before MoS was released and they realized how much hardcore fan goodwill is important for capeshit, you could see Synder and WB executives saying how comics were for losers, how the people that watch these movies will watch anything as long as the CGI is good and how they'll never make a Justice league truly like in the cartoon because Martian Manhunter is for faggots.
>>
>>67400349
If it was them eating piles of turd I would go watch it multiple times. Basically every time I wanted to masturbated and had the time and money.
>>
File: burtonbat.gif (965 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
burtonbat.gif
965 KB, 450x248
>>67393150
>the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from
>>
>>67393904
CAPEKINO
>>
>>67393927
nigger
>>
only uptight manbabbie faggots get upset that batman kills
>>
File: image.jpg (609 KB, 996x1431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
609 KB, 996x1431
>>67393945
You can clearly see the shot went through the shoulder.

This is the ironic thing, everyone remembers DKR Batman killing people left, right and center - but he actually doesn't kill anyone.

Hurts them extremely badly yes, kills no. Even when he's roiling through the Mutant gang at the scrapyard in a tank he makes a point of mentioning he's using rubber bullets. He cripples the mutant leader, but doesn't kill him.

So I take this as proof that Snyder has never actually read the fucking comic. Unbelievable.
>>
>>67393471
He didn't really kill anyone, kind of. That grenade thing? He didn't pull the pin of it, in fact, he was just returning the nade to the guy that originally had it.
>>
>>67393618
Then he would put it in the movie anyways.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 930x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 930x960
>>67393265
>>67393150
>Burton Batman
>No kill rule

What the FUCK am I reading?

http://youtu.be/8ULSvR6hhyI
>>
File: mar-vell.jpg (36 KB, 185x450) Image search: [Google]
mar-vell.jpg
36 KB, 185x450
>>67396295
Why you hatin' on the captain?
>>
>>67394874
But thats wrong, and even if it wasnt there are still good ones where its not true and your entire point is then invalid
>>
I could see his Batman kill if he actually justified it in the movie, which he only does by implying that Bats went off the deep end after Zod fucked everything up.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.