[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never really seen /tv/ talk about Californication.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Californication.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Californication.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
I've never really seen /tv/ talk about Californication. For me, it seemed really interesting for the first few episodes. Then, it just seemed to repeat itself a lot. Hank had sex and had awkward conversations about his problems while struggling to be a good dad. I'm just now finishing the first season. Does it get better? Worse? Is it worth continuing? I've never heard ANYONE talk about this show but it was good enough to last several seasons. What's the verdict, various denizens of /tv/?
>>
>>67373655
Didn't watch it.
>>
>>67373655
it gets worse. i think i dropped it sometime in the third season and by then it was long overdue
>>
it stays about the same plot wise, but the side characters and hank fucking up make it worth sticking with until s7 which you shouldnt watch

most agree that the finale episode of s4 is a good place to stop
>>
>>67373655
It has a great cast and it stays entertaining all the way through. The first two seasons are the best though.
>>
>>67373959
Should also mention that this show has incredible soundtrack choices and got me into Warren Zevon.
>>
>>67373655
This is one of those shows that you can easily divide after its seasons.

S1
>sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, party, woo hoo

S2
>yeah more of that, but with consequences, too!

S3
>not only consequneces but also a different setting in university or college or whatever

S4
>remember S1? Yeah, now those are consequences right here, all planned of course

S5
>Yo Dawg, don't be stealin my bitch
>also shit end

S6
>literally the same thing as S5 but with British rockstar instead of American rapper

S7
>wow so meta, nothing goes anywhere
>let's let the coffeeboys write an episode, what could go wrong
>oh shit guys, we only have two more episodes, we have to wrap it up somehow

I can confirm these:
>>67373894
>>67373959
>>
I dropped at season 5, it was funny, then that time gap happened, it became unfunny with shit writing. too bad, i was starting to like it
>>
Dropped in season 3 or 4, the one with the stripper bitch he's tutoring or w/e. Just felt like it was going nowhere.
>>
Is american law regarding teens really that harsh? why all the fuzz because he fucked a 16-year old? big fucking thing WOW SUCH RAPIST.
>>
>>67373655
It's pretty goddamn cringeworthy for the most part but I watched it all the way through. If you like Duchovny you'll enjoy it I guess
>>
>>67373655
If you read a lot of decent contemporary authors you'll appreciate it a lot more. Martin Amis, Ian McEwan ext. You've gotta like decent literature. 90 percent of this show is references to other books. Like family guy for the ultimate lit neck beard
>>
>>67375361
Literally whos?
>>
>>67375388
not getting triggered!
>>
Drop it after S2, it only gets awful from there.

I tried pushing through to S5, and holy shit it's horrible and meaningless.
>>
Pretty enjoyable until whenever his son comes in
I physical cannot stand that shit, I liked him working on the tv show with RZA but that fucking son character was the most aggravating thing ive ever seen
>>
>>67373775
Yeah, after the 3d season it sucks hard
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.