[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mr. Snyder, for his part, deploys signifiers of importan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 27
File: 1447545357934.jpg (101 KB, 1050x440) Image search: [Google]
1447545357934.jpg
101 KB, 1050x440
>Mr. Snyder, for his part, deploys signifiers of importance without having anything much to say. Yes, there is a lot of talk (mostly stuffed into poor Mr. Eisenberg’s mouth) about Good and Evil and God and Man, and there is also a lot of religious symbolism. (Note the crucifixes dotting the landscape near the end.) There are murky shadows and muddy nightscapes, all redolent not just of ordinary danger but of metaphysical darkness. There is Mr. Affleck’s existential brooding and the stoic dimple on Mr. Cavill’s chin.

>For fun there are shots of the heroes shirtless and of Lois Lane in the bath. But the point of “Batman v Superman” isn’t fun, and it isn’t thinking, either. It’s obedience. The theology is invoked not to elicit meditations on mercy, justice or sacrifice, but to buttress a spectacle of power. And in that way the film serves as a metaphor for its own aspirations. The corporations that produce movies like this one, and the ambitious hacks who sign up to make them, have no evident motive beyond their own aggrandizement. Entertainment is less the goal than the byproduct, and as the commercial reach of superpower franchises grows, their creative exhaustion becomes ever more apparent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/movies/review-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-when-super-friends-fight.html
>>
>>67362640
That last sentence is brutal. A.O. Scott was also one of the most prominent critics that didn't like The Avengers either.

How can one critic be so based?
>>
>A diverting entertainment might have been made about the rivalry between these two muscle-bound paladins — a bromance or a buddy comedy, an album of duets. “Batman v Superman,” directed by Zack Snyder (“300,” “Watchmen,” “Sucker Punch,” “Man of Steel”), is none of those things. It is about as diverting as having a porcelain sink broken over your head (one of the more amusing things that happens onscreen).
>>
File: DAMAGED.png (134 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
DAMAGED.png
134 KB, 256x256
>>67362640
>But the point of “Batman v Superman” isn’t fun, and it isn’t thinking, either.

DKEKS
BEAT
THE
FUCK
OUT
>>
>(Note the crucifixes dotting the landscape near the end.)

EVANGELION CROSS OVER FUKIN CONFIRMED
>>
>>67362640
Amen brother
>>
>Batty and Supey themselves, meanwhile, perpetually mistake their narcissism for high-minded public service, and are encouraged to do so by the cynical and sanctimonious institutions that are nominally in charge of things in Gotham and Metropolis.

>The rest of the population — or the digitally created simulacra thereof — is required only to die en masse, to cower in terror, and to watch in wide-eyed, worshipful gratitude. That is just what this movie expects of you: acquiescence. It wants you to believe that it’s on your side. Don’t be fooled.

This is why we need critics.
>>
>>67362853
he means a graveyard

zack a lazy
LAZY
>>
>>67362831
>A diverting entertainment might have been made about the rivalry between these two muscle-bound paladins — a bromance or a buddy comedy
This reviewer is an actual retard.
>>
>>67362949
A bromance or a buddy comedy would be better than teenage level angst and empty symbolism.
>>
>>67362831
>A diverting entertainment might have been made about the rivalry between these two muscle-bound paladins — a bromance or a buddy comedy
OK so this review is a joke, right?
Which one of you wrote this?
>>
>>67362640
SAVAGE
>>
>>67363021
fuck off you contrarian asshole
>>
>>67362949

but baman superman bromance is best bromance
>>
>>67363046
>>67362949
>I hate being entertained
>grimdark pseudo serious CGI spectacle ONLY
lol get rekd son
>>
>>67362949
Well how else do you make Batman and Superman joint entertaining? They can't be seriously against each other they're both heroes.
>>
>>67363046
>>67362949
But isn't that the exact dynamic they want to set up for Justice League?
>>
Fuck, man. Like, just, I just want a good stand alone Batfleck film. Maybe with the Riddler as the antagonist. Ben was great.
>>
>>67363021
Literally no one believes this. Not even you.
>>
>>67362640
>“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is rated PG-13 (Parents strongly cautioned). Hints of sexuality and of extreme brutality are meant to make it seem daring and serious. Running time: 2 hours 31 minutes.
kek
>>
>>67363173
it's only Snyder that's the problem. Goyer wrote Nolan's Batmans and they were fine. Remove Snyder and DC fans get what they deserve. Suicide Squad will probably be ace.
>>
Fresh: 37
Rotten: 62

A joyless slog.

Soren Anderson
Seattle Times
>>
>>67363193
I do. Its a kid movie anyway you look at it, stop being in denial.
>>
>>67362640
Poor Henry. He deserves better bros
>>
>>67363193
it's not even a good meme, it's just saying the opposite as if that's funny
>>
>>67363246
weak bait mate try something new
>>
>>67363370
37%

that new enough for you?
>>
Based A.O. Scott brings the hard truth, yet again.

DC apologists need to accept they fucked up.
Marvel stooges need to remember based Scott also rekt Avengers and was on the money that time too.
>>
>>67362640
>the same website that gave the barely above-average 'Zootopia' a glowing review criticizes Dawn of Justice, throwing out thesaurus words such as "acquiescence" in the hopes of seeming professionally relevant

Yea, thanks but I'll pass.
>>
>>67362803
>>67363424
he also praised Freddie Got Fingered (11% on RT). he's truly the GOAT critic.
>>
>>67362640
I saw and i have mixed feelings, i don't want a dc universe and the justice league follwing this but i would like ben affleck as batman in stand alone movies, it's fine
>>
>>67363486
Freddie Got Fingered was hilarious, but hardly worth "praise".

Pretentious fedora confirmed?
>>
>>67363515
>defending FGF
>pretentious
I don't think you know what words mean.
>>
>>67362640
I remember yesterday someone on /tv/ said it wouldn't matter what small time critics think, just what the New York Times or Time would say.
>>
>>67363424
>DC apologists need to accept they fucked up.

"THEY" had nothing to do with the production of this film. "THEY" have nothing to accept, aside from whether they liked it or not.

"YOU" need to fuck off with your marvel-fagging.
>>
>>67363534
/v/ posters are dumb mate
don't bother
>>
>>67363558
>just what the New York Times or Time would say

No, people were all saying that the majority of the people reviewing it weren't actually focusing on legitimate points about the film. They were offering perspectives based solely around the prospect and hopes that this would be similar to marvel films, which it's not. And quite frankly, I don't think it would be worth DC's effort to emulate anything MARVEL is doing, since there would be no reason to see a MARVEL or a DC film; they'd both be the same exact thing.

I'd prefer it if studios didn't all do exactly what everyone else did, in fact it's the reason why different studios exist.
>>
>>67363086
Everyone hates BvS. How am I being contrarian?
>>67363193
I believe it and A.O. Scott believes it. Why can't you wrap your head around the fact that most people don't enjoy Snyder's pretentious capeshit?
>>
>>67363693
>everyone hates BvS

HAHAHAHAHA, EVERYONE POINT AND LAUGH AT THE CONTRARIAN FAGGOT, AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>67363560

I was talking about their endless shitposting and defence of a movie they "knew" was going to be some kind of marriage of art film and comic book entertainment destined to BTFO the marvel movies.

Months and months of shitposting based on trailers most other people were generally underwhelmed by.

People tried to tell them (not just marvel fags) to temper their expectations, to calm down on the DC > Marvel fanboy shit until it came out. But no, they shitposted and shitposted.

So yeah, I think they kinda deserve this trainwreck of a movie in some ways.
>>
>>67363476
Zootopia was way better than MoS so I don't see why it wouldn't be better than more of the same
>>
>>67363752
DC shills trying to bump up the score.
Reminder that Warner Bros. owns Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
>>67363752
Fuck off tripfaggot
>>
>>67363648
Sure, what Christopher Nolan did was nothing like what Marvel does and that's ok, and people responded positively to it.

Batman v Superman was so bad that it had critics clamoring for the closest decent thing it could reach for before Snyder's angsty CGI maelstrom of bad ideas snapped up their will to do anything positive.
>>
>>67363648
>I don't think it would be worth DC's effort to emulate anything MARVEL is doing, since there would be no reason to see a MARVEL or a DC film; they'd both be the same exact thing.
Marvel have a diverse slate within their CU, emulating their approach wouldn't be a bad thing at all. Winter Soldier is different from something like GotG tonally and visually, yet they're both distinctly Marvel. Hell, Winter Soldier is even different from First Avenger, and balances humor & wit alongside conspiracy drama and grimdark(ish) action. That's how pliable and rich the MCU is. That's what DC needs to learn.
>>
>>67363752
>implying all of those faggots have actually seen the movie
The movie hasn't gotten a wide release so there's no way over 100,000 people have seen it. Fanboys love to spam high ratings on IMDb and RT. Once the general public sees the movie that score is going to go way down and you DCucks will be further BTFO.
>>
>>67363768
>I was talking about their endless shitposting and defence of a movie they "knew" was going to be some kind of marriage of art film and comic book entertainment destined to BTFO the marvel movies.

It hasn't even had it's main opening weekend yet.

>Months and months of shitposting based on trailers most other people were generally underwhelmed by.

You mean the months and months trailers of people constantly shit-posting about it just like they're currently doing with Sucide Squad? Oh, wait, they stopped doing that because now they're thinking "Oh, shit, it actually looks really good".

If BvS wasn't a DC property, there would've been half the amounts of shitposting done on here. It's annoying and pathetic. Sorry that some people were telling them to fuck off and not be too harsh.

>So yeah, I think they kinda deserve this trainwreck of a movie in some ways.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when it grosses 1 billion+
>>
>>67363897

They also love to spam low ratings you brain dead fuck. In fact, I'd say anti-fanboyism is far more influential than fanboyism when it comes to internet ratings. People who "hate" things are by far the most dedicated, obese losers to rating spam than any other group of people.
>>
>>67363897
Wow! That sounds exactly like the rest of what everyone else was saying about why you should all shut the fuck up about the critic score and until it makes its box office debut!

Is there an echo in here?!
>>
>>67363476

hahaha wow.
barely above average? isnt zootopia almost universally acclaimed?

...yup, just checked 99% reviewer, 95% audience scores.

You can say you didnt like Zootopia for whatever reasons, fine, but to use your extreme minority opinion to try and shit on A.O. Scott's review of DoJ is hilariously flawed.

If you're this much of an apologist for this movie you just need to accept and admit that nobody's opinion matters because you'll love it anyway.
>>
>>67363821
the best thing about WB owning RT is that "Critics Consensus"
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice smothers a potentially powerful story -- and some of America's most iconic superheroes -- in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action.
that almost makes it sound good. It has a "potentially powerful" story, with "America's most iconic superheroes".
>>
>>67363648
>I don't think it would be worth DC's effort to emulate anything MARVEL is doing, since there would be no reason to see a MARVEL or a DC film; they'd both be the same exact thing.
..and the same contrarian assholes on here would say "this is just copying Marvel badly. DC are shit!"
>>
>>67363912
>I'm going to laugh my ass off when it grosses 1 billion+
Of course it's going to make a billion. That doesn't really matter though because Warner Bros. spent an insane amount of money on it. If it doesn't make Avengers level money the studio is fucked.
>>
>>67363966
>Smothers
>grim whirlwind

The only somewhat negative words in that whole consensus for a 37% flick
>>
>>67363515

Dafuq?

>hilarious
>not worth praise

Not even to praise it for being hilarious?

You're funny tripfag.
>>
Friendly reminder that BvS has dropped by 6% on Rotten Tomatoes in the last two hours.
>>
>>67363953
>In fact, I'd say anti-fanboyism is far more influential than fanboyism when it comes to internet ratings
That is a gigantic load of fucking bullshit and you know it. Every time a superhero movie comes out it initially gets ridiculously inflated audience scores.
>>
>>67364033
>>67363966

>/pol/ reads a sentence . jpg

That lack of intelligence, my god.
>>
>>67364059
it's not out in the civilized world yet
>>
>>67363897
>The movie hasn't gotten a wide release
There has been premieres around the world, around 10000 people in my city already watched it, and I live in a small city of 4 million or so people.
>>
>>67364018
It wont make a billion. Long, poor pacing, dark colors, violent, cynical to a fault. China's highest grossing movie is about a colorful monster that farts.

Snyder is the absolute worst choice for billion-dollar appeal.
>>
>>67363966
>"A ... powerful story ... in a ... whirlwind of effects-driven action!" -- Rotten Tomatoes
>>
>>67362640
>people like this will shit all over "serious" capeshit flicks, but fellate the fuck out of Marvel stuff
tell me, why should I care?
>>
>>67363872
>Marvel have a diverse slate within their CU,

That's because they've spent more time building it up. DC is trying to catch up, and while they dominate Marvel in television, their film material is extremely lacking.

>Hell, Winter Soldier is even different from First Avenger, and balances humor & wit alongside conspiracy drama and grimdark(ish) action. That's how pliable and rich the MCU is. That's what DC needs to learn.

It's still Marvel. IE, it still lacks the dramatic depth that a series as devastatingly influential as the Nolan trilogy has offered. In fact, when you speak about who could learn from who, Marvel learned from Nolan with The Winter Soldier and applied a lot of the same concepts.

The problem is, Zack Snyder only knows how to communicate with style, which may have worked for 300 and Watchmen, but not for BvS.

Also, people talking shit about David S. Goyer, you can all shut your retarded mouths, he helped write Nolan's trilogy and Blade 1 and 2, which were all fantastic comic films.
>>
>>67363953
Keep crying, capeshitter. Your persecution complex is hilarious. You faggots far outnumber people who hate capeshit. If there really were more capeshit haters than capeshitters then capeshit wouldn't make insane amounts of money at the box office.
>>
>>67364033
Grim whirlwind isn't even inherently negative. Whirlwind could be taken like "rollercoaster". Grim is good, they want movies to be grim like TDK.
>>
>>67363912
>I'm going to laugh my ass off when it grosses 1 billion+
IM3 got 1.4B and still is universaly hated and bashed by critics, normiecore and comic fans (Basically everyone but kids and grandpas)
>>
>>67364018
>If it doesn't make Avengers level money the studio is fucked.
If it makes money, it makes money. Their investment in capeshit might be fucked - if it gives modest returns on a heavy investment they'll be reluctant to bet big on capes again.
>>
>>67364141
It didn't work for Watchmen.
>>
>>67362640
This shit isn't even worth torrenting, is it?
>>
>>67363912
>>67363955

Now we're into moving the goalposts territory.
First it was "this movie is going to be amazing, full stop, critical darling" etc. etc.

Now its about ticket sales being the important metric.

Of-fucking-course its going to make money - marketing alone will drive asses into seats combined with the brand names on the poster. But just because people paid to see it doesn't mean they left satisfied.
>>
>>67364177
grim is not a marketable or enticing slogan. I'm sure they'd prefer epic or stunning, not grim.
>>
>>67364138
>>people like this will shit all over "serious" capeshit flicks
Unless Nolan does it, huh
Why's that?
>>
>>67364186
>IM3 got 1.4B and still is universaly hated and bashed by critics

jesus the echochamber is real

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man_3/?search=iron%20man
>79%

that isn't what i would call "universally hated"
>>
>>67364138

Yeah, A.O. Scott sure did hate the Nolan batflicks.
DCuck just go preorder your ticket already, youre too invested to see reason.
>>
>>67364212
>If it makes money, it makes money.
Yeah, just like Green Lantern and ASM2. Those made money and look where that went

Look, people here, there and everywhere have been posting how having Batman and Superman on the screen together should be the biggest blockbuster imaginable and realistically, should make the highest profits imaginable. BvS should at least be doing Avengers level money at the very lest Iron Man 3. If this doesn't break a billion with FUCKING BATMAN AND SUPERMAN the most iconic heroes to ever exist along with a low critical reception, how on earth is DC going to look?

And if you just say "well they'll make money anyway" you're basically saying the movie is no different from Transformers
>>
>>67364186
Won't say universally hated, but it's divisive. I enjoyed the hell out of it on the second viewing.
>>
>>67364258
>First it was "this movie is going to be amazing, full stop, critical darling" etc. etc.

Never once said that.

>Now its about ticket sales being the important metric.

And yet Transformers 2 was able to launch 3 more sequels was it?

Also, Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End received horrible reviews, though it was still pretty good in general. IE, sometimes critics get it wrong.
>>
File: 1431661898123.jpg (64 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
1431661898123.jpg
64 KB, 491x713
>>67362640
>“Batman v Superman” isn’t fun, and it isn’t thinking, either. It’s obedience.

Godamm, BvS really fucking sucks
>>
>>67364392
>Won't say universally hated, but it's divisive
No, MoS is divisive. That movie was straight up love it or hate it. IM3 is more like skewed positive but heavily flawed
>>
>>67364296
His grimdark films are still basically just films about people. Autistic people who are great fighters and sometimes a bit stronger than normal, but people. It gets a lot more difficult to make something cut and dried grimdark when you have a guy firing lasers out of his eyes and a woman running around with a magic sword and shield.
>>
>>67364427
I hated Iron Man 3. I absolutely fucking hated it. They were trying to be clever but then decided to go full-retard mode with exploding people.
>>
>>67363234
They were good because of Nolan not because of GOYer
>>
>>67364391
>And if you just say "well they'll make money anyway" you're basically saying the movie is no different from Transformers
I won't argue that point - I doubt it's going to be massively better than a Transformers movie. At least Michael Bay pretty much acknowledges he's a hack.
>>
>>67362949

>he didn't want World's Finest

Fuck you and your grimdark-enabling bullshit.
>>
>>67364497
right, and BvS sucks because of Snyder, not Goyer. that's my point: DC needs to kick Snyder asap.
>>
>>67363398

But it's a decent 37%.

I wonder how Reddit's prayer circle is doing...
>>
>>67364545
>grimdark enabling

>he doesn't think grimdark is fun

HAHAHAHAHA, OH WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGnWPvo9EC8
this totally wasn't stolen by Nolan for The Dark Knight when the joker meets the Mafioso's, original content dohnut steel
>>
>>67364490
I liked it
>>
Frenchfag here. Timezone bla bla something it came out this morning. Half the planet saw the movie already.

Critics are way too harsh. I don't like the marvel stuff I like this soup better.
The film is ultra dense. Superman is super dumb while fighting the bat.

The film is like MoS but darker and less kind to supes.
Cavill gets to show offf a little range. Luthor is nice although most will hate him. Batfleck is monochromatic but is watchable.

If you want humour a light tone and a familly entertainment you should pass. If you want the dark edgy despair soup with JESUS references and cool lasers this is your stop.
>>
https://youtu.be/F90nxOlsm1s

All they had to do, for fuck sake.
>>
>>67362640
>Lois Lane in the bath.

sold desu
>>
>>67364635
>this totally wasn't stolen by Nolan for The Dark Knight when the joker meets the Mafioso's, original content dohnut steel
Do you seriously think The Crow was the very first film to ever have a scene like that?
>>
>>67363086
>>67362949
>>67363193
Try harder DC apologists. Maybe that'll make your precious RT score go up.

Or maybe stop trying to force the "edgy & mature" tone that the studios are trying to force into a fucking comic book movie.
>>
>>67364138
>serious

When will you fags accept that it's just bad?
>>
>>67364186

IM3 is universally hated by comics manchildren, not critics.
>>
>>67364212
BvS costed allegedly $350M, that means $130M more expensive than Avengers.
>>
>it's not Marvel so it's bad
>>
>>67364545
well with such a reasoned response I must be wrong FUCK OFF you light entertainment loving pleb haha!
Who's your favorite musician? Liberace?
>>
>>67363476
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>67364310
>capeshit
>at all
not for me, disney shill
>>
>>67364642
Geez, what a shitty movie.
>>
>>67364736

>this is what dcucks actually believe

wew lad. wew.
>>
>>67362640
Any memes out of this movie?
>>
>>67363560

Just fucking leave you pathetic tripshit. If you can't see how sad and laughable this damage control is after months of completely unwarranted shittalk from this sea of man children, you're either willfully blind or part of the problem.

This delicious meltdown is the equal measure of the unwarranted enthusiasm surrounding a film whose trailers were all the fuck over the place because even WB knew this trainwreck was completely in over its head with its over-serious and completely pretentious tone.
>>
File: 1458715849245.jpg (238 KB, 716x717) Image search: [Google]
1458715849245.jpg
238 KB, 716x717
Real talk /tv/: Despite RT scores, are all of Snyder's films truly decent 40s?
>>
>>67364642
Any mid-credits or end credits scenes?
>>
>>67364683
>comic book
Comics like....

Sin City?
Watchmen?
The Dark Knight Returns?
The Killing Joke?
Red Son?

Why don't you fuck off and read the funny papers, retard. Those are on your level. Or is Garfield too 'grimdark*' for you.

*not even a real fucking word
>>
>>67364680
>Do you seriously think The Crow was the very first film to ever have a scene like that?

A scene where a guy in clown/mime makeup approaches gang leaders during a meeting where they discuss a vigilante?

If not the first, then one of the first.
>>
saw the early screening. i never saw what the criticisms about zack snyder were all about especially about man of steel which i considered the best superman movie ever but after this movie i know exactly why everyone thinks snyder is a hack.

there were plenty of things i disliked about the movie( lex, batman, the cameos, editing and pacing) and few things that i actually like( action/fight scenes) but i put the blame soley on zack snyder.

same shitty script and miscast actors but with a different director and it could have been a much better movie.
>>
>>67364796
DO YOU BLEED?
YOU WILL

or some shit like that. no banes or pa kent fuckery it seems
>>
You can rest easy now, Zack. It's back up to a decent 38%!

Break out the champaign!
>>
>>67364809
Wow, all that ad hominem. Must be difficult being you, what with your inability to think.
>>
>>67364796
"the trailers are shit" that was a meme
"the film is shit" that's another meme

real top quality stuff
>>
>>67364849
Nope. It ends, in a very bold way but no credit scene.
>>
File: 1474032567343.png (748 KB, 722x820) Image search: [Google]
1474032567343.png
748 KB, 722x820
>>67364796
>>
>>67364851
No, it is a real word, a word invented by MARVEL (comic) apologists.

Little do they know, this will have no effect on how comics are portrayed.
>>
>>67364956
weak bait mate
>>
>>67362640
Absolutely DAMNING.
>>
>This blithe reversal of decades of superhero canon was addressed by director Zack Snyder in a recent interview with The Wall Street Journal, in which he defended the move by pointing out that tons of innocent people die in the Star Wars movies, too. Describing his response to fans who felt that Superman’s actions resulted in too much collateral damage in Man Of Steel, he said:

>>"I went, really? And I said, well, what about [Star Wars: Episode VII—The Force Awakens]? In Star Wars they destroy five planets with billions of people on them. That’s gotta be one of the highest death toll movies in history, the new Star Wars movie, if you just do the math."

>Never mind that, in Star Wars, it’s the villains who blow up those planets, and the central conflict of the film involves the good guys trying to stop the bad guys from performing such shocking acts of space genocide.

JUST DO THE MATH, PEOPLE.
>>
File: vjuice_approval.jpg (504 KB, 1156x2044) Image search: [Google]
vjuice_approval.jpg
504 KB, 1156x2044
>>67364864
No it's 38.125% now, we did it guys, it's okay.
>>
>>67364956
>a word invented
not real then
>>
File: 9393-1295.gif (51 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
9393-1295.gif
51 KB, 320x240
This guy gets it: http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2016/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.html
>>
>>67364858
I meant a scene where a guy approaches gang leaders during an important meeting.
>>
>>67364909
>>67364909
>"the trailers are shit" that was a meme
No one considered first 2 trailers bad (Teaser and Comic Con), only the last 2 trailers were bad, even TV spots were better than the last 2 trailer.
>>
File: gays.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
gays.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>67364956
>tripfag
>>
>>67364859
Honestly the scene with lex taunting supes on the helipad was fucking amazing. i really liked it. I liked his arrogance his sense of entitlement his dirty tricks his confidence.
he definitely plays a silicon valley wunderkid type of lex and does it well. The only bad part is the very ending of lex. I did liked that joker-like developement.

Also its weird batman straight up murdering everything lol. He isnt even an anti hero for most of the film.
>>
>>67365008
Is Zack seriously this stupid? People hate MoS's destruction because Superman directly caused a ton of it. In TFA the heroes didn't kill any innocent people.
>>
>>67365148
>I DISliked that joker-like developement.
typo
>>
It seems that all of the critiques of the films have been less against the film and more about the source material.

Apparently the movie is super faithful, so if they dislike how the movie goes, they dislike how DC comics.
>>
>>67364809
There is no "damage control", only truth-telling.

The plebeian excrement which infests RT and this board sickens and enrages me. "BvS" is a powerfully ingenious, deeply philosophical cinematic meditation. It is philosophic statement and a work of art by an unsung visionary. Each frame is a majestically composed artwork in and of itself; the story Zack philosophically weaves is a challenging, deep, cerebral, and artful experience, mythic in scope and artistically philosophic in execution. Zack's grim, meditative, sensory atmosphere engulfs the film in a dark, dire, mythic aesthetic which completes Snyder's cinematic vision. The score is sublime, the preferences are career-defining and the script (wrought in part by Afleck) is masterful. BvS is Snyder's magnum opus, a work of art appreciated only by true patrician students of cinema; those who hate it hate because they cannot comprehend Snyder's genius and because they did not receive the "fun" "turn-your-brain-off" popcorn flick they have come to expect and were actually expected to THINK for a change and analytically comprehend a PIECE OF ART.

Thank you, Snyder for making an art piece instead of catering to the plebeian masses. One day your genius shall be appreciated by those you value cinema as a mode of artistic and philosophical expression. I give BvS a 9/10, it is a true work of art-cinema.
>>
>>67365148
>lex taunting supes on the helipad

that was the most tolerable lex scene i'll give you that but i wouldn't call it amazing at all. eisenberg was trash.
>>
>>67365228

this whole post is completely off the mark.
>>
>>67364078
how does that have anything to do with /pol/ ledditor?
>>
File: just.png (104 KB, 311x212) Image search: [Google]
just.png
104 KB, 311x212
CAM RIP WHEN?
>>
File: Batman vs Superman.webm (676 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
Batman vs Superman.webm
676 KB, 320x213
>DC fans right now
>>
>>67365353
They said that its not "fun"

DC has always been more serious.
>>
>>67363912
I can't believe people get this invested in this shit.

lmao
>>
>>67365549
>Batman & Robin
>serious
>bat nipples
>serious
>ice puns
>serious
wew lad. let's make an effort to try harder today, ok? I know it's hard but I believe in you!
>>
Does batman actually kill a heap of cunts? Did they not learn after the backlash from mos
>>
>>67365074
nice meme
>>
File: 1396138593584.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1396138593584.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1080
>>67365619
>B&R

>believing that it is mainline DC and not an elseworld

Thats like saying Lois and Clark is representative of true DC
>>
File: We'reAllFuckedNow.gif (948 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
We'reAllFuckedNow.gif
948 KB, 400x262
>>67365030
>a word invented
>not real then
Trolling this poorly
>>
File: 1458757544529.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1458757544529.webm
2 MB, 640x360
what is your opinion of Doomsday?
>>
>>67365644
Yes, and the first thing Supes does in this movie is straight up kill a regular guy.
>>
>>67365549
>DC has always been more serious.
>more serious.
>GL
>Serious

Juest because the movies are "darker" does not make them serious, hell MoS is silly as shit while still being a dark and gloomy movie.
>>
>>67365729
Regular guy or regular criminal? Also did he snap any neck?
>>
>>67365819
GL was also bad.
>>
A good spectacle movie is, by extension, fun.

They failed to make a good movie.
>>
>>67365549

there are plenty of negative reviews that dont mention "fun" as a negative aspect, ignore all those that use that argument.

>DC has always been more serious.

that has always been a false perception. just cause they decided to turn one of their main heroes (batman) into some "dark" shit in the 90's doesnt mean DC is not as silly as marvel.

they are literally ripoffs of eachother with the same amount of "fun" series and "serious" series.
>>
>>67364843
The ones he directed are all pretty bad.
When I'm undecided between MoS, Watchmen, or 300 has his best work it's not a good sign.
>>
A movie so bad, it ruined Ben's marriage.
>>
>>67365714
what's that line of fire or whatever?
unless they actually went ahead and gave WW her dumbass whip, I can't think of anything.
I seriously hope it's not Batman standing back with a laser cannon or something pretending to help while superman does all the work

also, that's not how supes dies is it? with that and MoS Kyptonians are getting weaker every day.
>>
File: urtrtu.gif (1 MB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
urtrtu.gif
1 MB, 180x200
>>67365549
>>
>>67365658
Moving the goal posts.
>>
>>67365843

Like most of DC movies.
>>
>>67365185
>i want everything to be black and white

>just heroes and bad guys

>having gray morales confuse me too much
>>
>>67362853
Well this explains Anno taking forever on the final movie
>>
>>67366310
>I'm going to shout out the names of debate fallacies until you admit I'm right

someone post the Logical Fallacy Man comic.
>>
>signifiers
>redolent
>giving an undergrad "this is important. this is an important cultural issue." critique of a fucking popcorn movie for retards in a society of retards that presupposes every single one of its pillars is retarded

lmao someone's mad their aspirations of being a public intellectual ended with being a fucking internet film critic

>I simply MUST learn German so I can read Benjamin in the original, in time to apply his ideas to my review of Avengers 5: Tarzan Fucks a Zebra!
>>
>>67362640

ahahahah it tries to be 2D4U DEEP SHIT and fails miserably

fucking snider and DCucks eternally blown the fuck out
>>
>>67364394
just go seek help m8, you're too invested in shit that shouldn't matter that much.
just admit that this movie will never the capekino we were promised.
>>
>>67363234
Suicide Squad literally reminds me of Hot Topic.
>>
>>67367883
that's the target audience
>>
Superman ROCKS!
>>
>>67364138
Good "serious" capeshit movies exist, and this is not one.
>>
>>67366122
>unless they actually went ahead and gave WW her dumbass whip
That is clearly the golden lasso you plebtard. Why wouldn't they give her the whip, its iconic and cool as fuck.

>also, that's not how supes dies is it?
Yes but he's been weakened by Batman's use of kryptonite grenades and obviously the proximity to the kryptonite spear

Even without being weakened, Doomday kills Supes in the comics too, he's legit that strong. And the DCEU explanation is that he has kryptonian DNA so it makes sense that he should be able to kill superman
>>
>>67369180
nice post you fucking /co/mblr faggot
>>
Reminder this is what DCucks look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcF48z6TVf4
>>
>>67369243
how autistic do you have to be to post his videos + save pictures of him on your computer? He's kissing girls and you're posting pictures on an anime board about what an epic KEK XD he is
>>
>>67365714
MY EYES
>>
File: Ahahaha.jpg (30 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
Ahahaha.jpg
30 KB, 367x451
>>67369243
jesus christ
>>
>I went, really? And I said, well, what about [‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’]? In ‘Star Wars’ they destroy five planets with billions of people on them. That’s gotta be one of the highest death toll movies in history, the new ‘Star Wars’ movie, if you just do the math.

How can someone miss the point so fucking much?
>>
>>67364141
Goyer also wrote produced and directed Blade Trinity...soooo
>>
>>67363476

Acquiescence isn't a thesarus word, just a word that looks clunky in a speech bubble. Scott is writing for adults.
>>
>>67364296
Nolan's "serious" capeshit (BB and TDK at least) actually had well-developed philosophical undertones and were clearly written by smart, thoughtful people.

Snyder's "serious" Superman film had a mishmash of intellectual-seeming horseshit that directly contradicted the Superman character. DC's "serious" capeshit isn't bad because it's serious. It's bad because it does "serious" badly.
>>
File: IDubbbzTV.jpg (13 KB, 228x275) Image search: [Google]
IDubbbzTV.jpg
13 KB, 228x275
>>67362942

>Batty and Supey

What is he, a fucking faggot?
>>
>>67363083

Are you 12?
>>
>>67363234

If Affleck writes and directs it, then it will GOAT.
>>
>>67363476

Tripfaggot. Your opinion is irrelevant. You fucking faggot.
>>
>>67367603

He's the film critic for the New York Times, which is the cultural tiller of grown-up America.
>>
>>67370672

No, an adult who finds it impossible to take your enthusiasms seriously.
>>
>>67363560

>"YOU" need to fuck off with your marvel-fagging.

Says the tripfaggot.
>>
>>67363515

Tripfaggot. No one cares about your gay opinion.
>>
>>67363648

Tripfaggot. You are a faggot. Die of AIDs.
>>
>>67363912

Tripfaggot. Do you think anyone gives a fucking fuck about your gayass postings on a fucking Bhutanese tea-making chatroom? You retarded nigger, end your faggot self. No one cares about your shit ideas, queer.
>>
>>67364141

Tripfaggot. Shut your aids-infected mouth tripfaggot.
>>
>>67364394

Tripfaggot. NO. ONE. CARES. NIGGER.
>>
>>67364490

Tripfaggot. Go lick some queer's arsehole whilst being the faggot you are.
>>
>>67364635

Tripfaggot.
>>
File: giphyr.gif (836 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
giphyr.gif
836 KB, 245x184
>>67371041
>>67371074
>>67371195
>>67371275
>>67371384
>>67371449
>>67371488
>>
>>67364809

This. Tripfaggots are sad.
>>
>>67364858

Tripfaggot. Why haven't you died of AIDs yet, faggot.
>>
File: nigger.png (117 KB, 241x276) Image search: [Google]
nigger.png
117 KB, 241x276
>>67369243
>All crosses and religious imagery behind
It's like pottery
>>
>>67364892

Tripfaggot. Fuck off, you gay sack of shit.
>>
>>67362640
>But the point of “Batman v Superman” isn’t fun, and it isn’t thinking
BTFO
>>
>>67364956

Tripfaggot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>67365024

Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>67365100

This. He needs to fuck off.
>>
>Once a colony of bats literally lifts Bruce Wayne up in the air as a Christ-like figure, you’re probably watching a movie that takes itself pretty seriously.
>>
>>67371813
wait does that actually happens?
>>
File: 1451874266805.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1451874266805.png
291 KB, 600x512
>>67364775
>>67364310
>>67363897
>>67367698
>>67369243
what is this "dcuck" meme? slapping cuck onto a phrase and pretending its a good pun isnt a good way to insult anyone. how are they even being a cuckold by liking a certain brand? there doesn't seem to be a butthurt and outrage from dc fans, so are you guys exaggerating the situation more than what it actually is? don't do this, /tv/.
>>
File: dig_the_new_breed.jpg (14 KB, 217x337) Image search: [Google]
dig_the_new_breed.jpg
14 KB, 217x337
>>67365262

>mfw I wrote this pasta
>>
>>67371956

In a dream sequence. The quote has gone memetic tho.
>>
>>67365729
Oh god.... SUPERMAN DOES NOT OBEY THE ESTABLISHED CANNON!! MY MANCHILD BRAIN CANT HANDLE ANY VARIATION OR CREATIVITY AT ALL, I WANT THE SAME MOVIE REPEATED OVER AND OVER

*cluches batman doll and pushes up glasses*

SNYDEVIL WILL PAY FOR THIS
>>
>people say 38%
>it's down to 33
>>
>>67363752
You sound mad
>>
>>67372647
Looks like denial's transitioning to anger right on schedule.
>>
File: lulz.jpg (38 KB, 345x343) Image search: [Google]
lulz.jpg
38 KB, 345x343
>>67372733
>33
THE DEVIL WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>67372647

You know this stuff is just as pathetic as it was when you did it years ago during the MoS discussions, right?
>>
>>67372733
>33

Magnificent.
>>
>>67364296

Because Nolan 9 times out of 10 makes pretty good movies?
>>
File: 1428610630321.png (816 KB, 1221x908) Image search: [Google]
1428610630321.png
816 KB, 1221x908
>>67372298

>Nick Land reaction pic in a BvS threat on /tv/

Dear god. Is this it? Is the fall of WB and DC just the first flick of the domino? Is this the beginning of the meltdown??
>>
>>67373239

[hyperstition intensifies]
>>
File: 1439292454935.jpg (17 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1439292454935.jpg
17 KB, 219x230
>>67373925

>meltdown will never have a place for you as a stim-addicted transsexual HIV+ hooker with implanted mirror shades and a bad attitude
>>
>>67362835
>BEAT

>>>/ŕ/eddit
>>
>>67371537

Nigger.
>>
I finished watching it 20 minutes ago. its better than TDKR and a thousand times better than MoS
>>
>>67364635
here's your (You) no please fuck off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.