[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> one of the most popular TV series right now > incredibly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: the walking dead.jpg (49 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
the walking dead.jpg
49 KB, 665x375
> one of the most popular TV series right now
> incredibly mixed reception

What does /tv/ think? Should I start watching it?
>>
First series is rather great, second gets shat on but Bernthal is good enough to keep watching.

Then you're fine. Just assume they all die from aneurysms .
>>
Just got to season two. Started watching because my mom loves this show. Wish me luck bros.
>>
Do not go past episode 1.
>>
The show is fine, don't listen to the contrarian man child cesspool that's /tv/. The first season is pretty short and a good sampler to see if you'll like the show or not.
>>
>>67361477
Maybe watch episode or two and make your own decision?
>>
>>67361477
Zombies are shit
>>
>>67361593
actually you might want to stop a couple episodes into season 2, it gets shit
>>
>>67361700
this.
literally the only good episode.
>>
File: twd.png (39 KB, 1092x595) Image search: [Google]
twd.png
39 KB, 1092x595
>>67361953
Doesn't look like it
>>
>>67361997
Exactly. The first episode is a damn fine hour of visual storytelling. A shame AMC are a bunch of corrupt fucks who booted Darabont off.
>>
i hate it so much but the shitposting game ridiculous
>>
> if they have the balls to kill maggie, I'll never stop watching this show
>>
I appreciated it a lot more once I'd read the comics, there's plenty of little nods for people who've read the source material.

Season 2 was shit, I get why they made more of the power struggle thing (it's literally nothing in the comic), but they should have made it shorter.

Thought they did the prison arc well, but amazed they kept Judith - Cuckman tended to remove shit that had tied down the comic plot a bit (Rick getting his hand cut off being an example), so it's weird that they decided to keep her in the show

The whole hospital arc was retarded too.
The current show arc is the best part of the comics, so I'm interested to see how they handle it.
>>
>>67361477
Fear of the Walking Dead is much
Much better
>>
>>67361477
It's this: people meet, don't trust each other, go to a place where people have survived. They have conflict with each other, Zombies come, overrun place, everyone scatters a little but regroup and still don't trust each other, rinse and repeat. Sometimes people without plot armor die.
Fuck this show.
>>
Watch it for based Carol.
>>
its shit, had to force myself to finish first season
>>
>>67361528
Season. It's an American tv show they're not called fucking series.
>>
>>67361477
That show is tumblr tier hot garbage.
>>
>>67362593
You must have no problems in life if you felt the need to complain about that.
>>
>>67362778
im a fuckin white male
>>
>>67362778
We're on 4chan. Everyone here has problems.
>>
>>67361477
That's because it's so fucking inconsistent. It has likeable characters, some very good moments and ideas, but suffers terribly from subpar writing and some awful acting here and there.
Also, being the big hit that it is, it is condemned to have a lot of filler episodes because the the high ratings demand lots of episodes.
I still watch it and relatively enjoy it btw, I also read the comic.
>>
>>67361477
I wouldn't start. The one reason I still watch this shit is because I invested too much time into it to just stop now. Also to have something to talk about with random people who watch it i guess.
>>
First series is great.
Then read the comics and/or move on to another show.
>>
latest season was absolute shit
>>
>>67363079
Season 6 right now? Yeah it's been completely underwhelming. I can't understand why some are calling it the best in recent years.
>>
>>67363135
Maybe Negan will save it. I mean, how can you mess up Negan?
>>
Watch it at a time where you can finish up to season six and tune in for the season 7 cliffhanger premiere.
>>
>>67363208
There was once a time when I thought someone couldn't fuck up Batman fighting Superman.
>>
>>67363055
fuck you britcuck
>>
>>67363409
Ouch, that was a harsh burn.
Thankfully I can get that treated without going bankrupt.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.