[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the FUCK do you mess up a movie about Batman and Superman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: FUUUG.jpg (79 KB, 570x324) Image search: [Google]
FUUUG.jpg
79 KB, 570x324
How the FUCK do you mess up a movie about Batman and Superman? You can't make a compelling two hour film about these two 75+ year titans going head to head because of a clash in ideologies. C'mon, how do you fuck that up?

Literally the first time these two iconic characters are together on the big screen and it's a hack job.
>>
No answers I guess. It's really that bad. Guess no one could have done it justice.
>>
You make Batman ad Superman both the most unlikable grimdark versions ever created and then sacrifice all characterization for the sake of a shitty CGI action scene and setups for a justice league movie
>>
>>67360364
By adding too many irrelevant plot threads and desperately trying to establish a franchise instead of focusing on making the film stand on its own.
>>
I don't understand how a human being with no superpowers is supposed to fight Superman
>>
>>67360364

SUCH A LUST FOR VENGEANCE
>>
maybe we need to acknowledge that a good batman v superman movie is fundamentally impossible

>superman works during the day with bright colors
>batman only works at night in shadows

even that basic issue can't be resolved in a film
>>
>>67361185
This is probably it.

I wouldn't expect Snyders unhindered vision of this movie to be great, but as it is now I blame studio interference more than him. At least he probably won't go Trankmode and have a public tantrum about it though.
>>
>>67361318
No, fuck you. That's what makes the conflict so irresistible. They're both heroes but the polar opposites of each other. Superman is a shining beacon of hope while Batman is a dark vigilante who preys on fear

It's just that Snyder's superman is a wooden blank slate with a penchant for brooding and his batman is a grimdark mass murderer.
>>
File: Batman_Superman.jpg (74 KB, 845x559) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Superman.jpg
74 KB, 845x559
>>67360364
So now that the DC Cinematic Universe is not going to happen, do you guys still think we'll get a Wonder Woman movie?
>>
>>67361732
Movie is too far into production to not be released. Justice League will probably still happen but it'll be delayed and snyder will get the boot
>>
by not following good source material and trying to mash up 20 comic book archs into one film
>>
>>67361633
>That's what makes the conflict so irresistible.
if you're a child
>>
>>67361633
>ice cream is good
>steaks is good

>so I'll just put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on this porterhouse and make $1 billion at the box office
>>
File: 1366608050923.jpg (91 KB, 457x440) Image search: [Google]
1366608050923.jpg
91 KB, 457x440
>>
>>67361890
>batman is in the dark and superman is in the light
>this is the last time they spoke as friends
whoa, why are comics deeper than most movies?
>>
>>67361890
>he said that after creating the O.M.A.C. and indirectly killing Ted by ignoring his clues

Earth-2 Superman was right.
>>
>>67361887
https://youtu.be/id0duLjvbOg?t=110
>>
>>67360364
>dat pic
I like how Superman had to move his head with the punch so he wouldn't break every bone in Batman's hand.
>>
>>67362061
>/co/ watching BvS
>>
>>67360364
both have similar ideologies on the cinematic universe. both characters are night and darks. that's why it sucks. they aren't heroes in the movie.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.