[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What movie has the best depiction of human encounter with aliens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 2001-last-monolith.jpg (109 KB, 956x452) Image search: [Google]
2001-last-monolith.jpg
109 KB, 956x452
What movie has the best depiction of human encounter with aliens?
>>
Predator
>>
Contact, in that first contact would probably happen in a fairly abstract and difficult to imagine way.
>>
close encounters
star trek 4
>>
>>67355522
District 9.
>>
>>67355522
A.I
man im funny
>>
>>67355522
solaris does it better.
Maybe you should watch more movies and not mems buddy.
>>
>>67355522
Alien.

Now go fuck yourself-
>>
Spaced Invaders
>>
>>67355522
The Arrival
>>
>>67355522
Close encounters was quite realistic. That's pretty much how it went down for me.
>>
they liffafahahaha
cant even say that with a staight face
>>
>>67355522

Interstellar
>>
The Thing.
>>
>>67355522
Enemy mime
>>
>>67355602
This. Although when I read the book I was expecting to see the large ports designed for all the different types of aliens.
>>
This, to be quit honest family member.
>>
mods are hotheads
>>
>>67355755
>Tarkovsky
>Not a meme

He's literally baby's first foreign director.
>>
>>67355522
Faling down, he meets many black and mexican illegals
>>
>>67356039
Nigger guess where Im from.
Now take your comment and shove it up your ass fucking American retard.

>MUH MUH SPACE MONKEY LE BLACK STONE XDDD SOO OO ODDDDDEEEEP
>>
Dude where's my car
>>
>>67355564
this
>>
>>
>>67356039
All of his movies are good though
>>
>>67355755
>2001: A Space Odyssey is a meme now
I'm fucking done
>>
>>67355602
it was a shit movie though.
Aliens telling some vague bullshit and pertending to be the father of the protagonist, it was so cliche
>>
>>67356039
>>67356095
kek. love seeing a snob fuckwit get rekt
>>
>>67356187
MUHHHHHHH I WANT TO GET BLACK(ed) STONED IN SPACE
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>67355738
How is it realistic?
>>
>>67356196

>it was so cliche

How?? I've never seen another movie deal with aliens in that way
>>
Childhoods End
>>
>>67356196
It's great up until that dumbass moment. But what's the alternative? Nothing or ayylmaos? Either would have sucked.

They did they best they could with a delicate situation.
>>
File: 1448472706415.jpg (155 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1448472706415.jpg
155 KB, 1440x900
>>67355522
The day the earth stood still.
>>
>>67356502
How about aliens beeing clear about what they want? Giving humans facts, instead of some wague bullshit?
That would have been a nice ending
>>
>>67356039
How are they biting?
>>
Sphere
>>
>>67356573

>felt the need to put a reference to god in it to not offend people

Nah, it's shit.
>>
>>67356423

It's exactly what would happen if aliums came to our planet for asylum.
>>
>>67355522
War of the Worlds.
>>
I think the book Infinity Beach would make a great first encounter movie. To summarize it, basically an expedition encounters an alien ship (it's tiny, the aliens are roughly 5cm tall). They pull the ship into their hangar and in an attempt to stop the aliens from disappearing. The alien ship accidentally kills one of the humans with their anti-gravity drive at which point another astronaut takes the ship down (it's only like a meter big after all), but they end up getting terrorized by the alien's AI. Anyway, eventually a second contact is established and the alien ship and their dead astronauts are returned. Communication is difficult at first obviously, and even after establishing some form of communication and a permanent presence of both the aliens and humans in the area of first contact both sides tend to avoid sharing too many details with each other out of suspicion. Also humans celebrate themselves as superior after finding out that the aliens are roughly on the same technological level but needed 10,000 years longer to get as far as we did.

It's hard to describe the story, but it's worth a read and I think it would make a good slow sci-fi movie, since most of the book is spent trying to figure out what happened at first contact, since the guys who accidentally found the aliens faked their logs and hid all evidence.
>>
>>67358725

I forgot to add, what I found most interesting is that humanity, after colonizing a dozen planets, sending out tons of satellites and not finding any intelligent life decide that the best they can try at this point to attract the attention of other life would be to make six solar systems go supernova in one day intervals.
>>
Why a movie? I think the TNG episode "The Royale" is a good example of the sort of strange scenario I think alien contact would lead to.

tl;dr Aliens came across a human spaceshift, the aliens were carrying bacteria harmless to them but deadly to humans and it killed most of the crew. The aliens wanted to make it better but couldn't work out how to communicate with the humans and ended up constructing a new reality for the survivor based on a really trashy novel they found on the craft.
>>
>>67358725
Roadside Picnic does it well too. Aliens land, mess around for a while and fuck off leaving their trash behind which corrupts our world partially.
>>
>>67355564
///////////////////thread
>>
>>67359155

Yea loved that, their trash being highly sought after by us since it's way above anything we could create. Unfortunately the movie adaption was very loose.
>>
>>67355522
Blindsight
>>
>>67356573
>the military and a huge crowd of people are needed just to put the Washington monument's condom on
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.