[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: BvS.jpg (359 KB, 2000x1330) Image search: [Google]
BvS.jpg
359 KB, 2000x1330
Just got back from a midnight screening of this in Australia.
3/10 is a fair rating, I feel.

Good performances from Affleck and Cavill and some cool fight choreography butforgettable music in comparison to MoS,terrible writing, too many bright lights and fast cuts and some massively bad editing.
Wonder Woman literally (and I mean literally) only has dialogue with Batman, and does not utter a word to any other character in the movie.

Happy to answer any questions and discuss it in greater detail.
>>
Does Pa Kent really show up to talk about drowning horses? This is important.
>>
>>67353725
Yep, and it's retarded. Clark has a day dream where he talks to his dead dad, and his dad tells him a story.
Either it's literally a ghost, or Clark is making up the story he's telling himself. It's retarded.
>>
>>67353776
Is there any particular reason for the amount of dream sequences in this movie? Is there like a dream manipulator device as a plot point or something?
>>
>>67353906
Uh, yes, but a very shitty one. Spoilers here.

The Flash appears in one of Batman's dreams. No reason is given for this, and it's a dream within a dream type thing. No reason why this had to happen in a dream.
Batman has about six throughout the movie, and this occurs only once.
Superman has one dream sequence (day-dream, really - Batman's were all while he was unconscious, but Superman was wide awake) and this doesn't occur during his either.
>>
File: 2684753-superman_v2_195_03.jpg (158 KB, 600x919) Image search: [Google]
2684753-superman_v2_195_03.jpg
158 KB, 600x919
>>67353459
>Good performance from Affleck and Cavill
>cool fight choreography

But that's literally all that everyone cares about. No one goes to watch Superhero movies for an intricate complex plot. We just want superheroes and fighting, and the movie will give us that.
>>
Hows the acting?
>>
>>67353958
I'm not a capefag. Does Flash showing up in dreams mean something? I don't get it.
>>
>>67353963
Well, the fight choreography to which I was referring is really just two scenes with Batman fighting goons.

The fights between super-powered characters are just lots of red and yellow lightning bolts and lights and screaming. Nothing particularly innovative or impressive except whenever Doomsday gets injured bone-spikes sprout from the wounds, and Batman has one cool little grappling moment while avoiding heat-vision.

>>67353986
Solid from Affleck, Eisenberg and Cavill. Adams is fine but I still don't like her take on Lois Lane. Fishburne and Lennix are fine for their limited amount of screentime and Irons is obviously fine as well. Gadot, as I mentioned, has barely any dialogue and when she does it's literally only with Affleck. Her accent is a bit weird but not a deal-breaker.
Diane Lane is good. Holly Hunter is good but delivered her lines with weird inflections that feel like they were wrong.

>>67354088
Not that I've ever known, but my knowledge of his comics is very limited. He can travel into alternate dimensions and back through time if he runs fast enough, but into dreams? Seemed very stupid to me. Perhaps he had the aid of another superpowered entity in the future, a psychic one like Martian Manhunter maybe. Fucked if I know.
>>
So Batsy waaaay more screentime than everyone else right?
>>
>>67354192
It's fairly even between him and Superman, though the first ten minutes, including the opening credits, are all him.

Also during the final five minutes Superman is dead, so he's obviously not there for that.
>>
>>67353459
I just wanna know what the other jla cameos are.
also thanks for using spoiler tags
>>
>>67353459
>Wonder Woman literally (and I mean literally) only has dialogue with Batman, and does not utter a word to any other character in the movie.

Because Gadot can't speak English and was only chose for the role for political reasons.
>>
>>67354147
Eisenberg was shit, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>67354370
Well, spoiler tags are fairly unnecessary for Aquaman and Cyborg. They're just video files on a computer that Wonder Woman checks out. Aquaman is shown taking out a submersible drone, and Cyborg is shown being assembled in his father's lab. The Flash is also on the computer, shown stopping a convenience store robbery, and he also appears in a dream with a message for Batman.

>>67354425
Fucked if I know, I'm just going off what I saw in the film.

>>67354444
You think? I thought he was fine. He had some fucking awful dialogue, but that's not his fault in the slightest. I thought the way he carried himself was fine - I'd rather he does his own thing than try and emulate someone else who's played the character. I liked his facial twitches and the way he clenched his fists when he was composing himself. No real issues with his acting at all.
Nice quads, by the way.
>>
File: marzipan_astor_theatre.jpg (348 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
marzipan_astor_theatre.jpg
348 KB, 736x1104
Why don't you watch an Australian film, eh cunt?
>>
better or worsen than MoS?
>>
>>67354647
About on par. If I had to choose, maybe a little better, but that might be because it's fresher in my mind.
>>
>>67354689
Well that's good enough for me because I'm one of the few people on here that absolutely loved Man of Steel. Sure it wasn't a cinema masterpiece, but as far as a live action adaption of a comic book I used to read as a child I fucking loved it.
>>
>>67354752
Well, it's the same folks, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you enjoyed MoS.
>>
>>67353459

I saw it in Melbourne, got back not too long ago.

The editing is probably the worst I have seen in a mainstream blockbuster over the past 5 years. You have so many scenes that can build excitement, tension, worry, etc. But they are all jumbled together that you end up feeling nothing. You will get midway through one subplot, get really passionate about it, then the film just jumps to a completely different area, often for little reason, or little significance at all. I couldn’t believe it at points.
>>
>>67354787
Oh, I'm Melbourne too. Were you at Crown?

Man, the editing... did you notice that Lex went to the ship in that suit with the polo shirt and sneakers, then there was like twenty-five minutes of other plot with Lex, then he returned to the ship... and he was back in the suit and polo shirt.
Horrible, disgusting editing.
>>
>>67354839
Nah, Northland.

I noticed that. I wasn't a fan of Lex and the portrayal, but honestly the writing was so poor I don't whether it's Eisenberg's fault.
>>
>>67354948
I stand by Eisenberg doing fine with what he was given. I liked his little ticks.
The writing was atrocious, but this is the last one with Goyer's name anywhere near it, so that might help with future films - that's if WB even goes ahead with them. Fool me twice, right?
>>
Wow, they didnt even gave DCU a chance, did they ...
>>
>>67354237

How does Superman die?
>>
How is the Batman/Superman/WW screen time ratio? Pretty fair, or do the first two/Batman get more screen time? I bet all the spotlights were on Affleck during the movie.
>>
>>67355013
It was very stupid to put Snyder on a second movie. Even if the first was critically acclaimed, you don't hand one director Superman, Batman v Superman, Justice League 1 and Justice League 2. That's dumb. It's significantly MORE dumb because MoS was so polarising with critics and audiences.

>>67355028
Doomsday has his hand sliced off by Wonder Woman, and a long bone-spike grows from the wound, so he's got a massive blade instead of an arm. He sticks this through Superman's heart while Superman is in close proximity to kryptonite.
>>
>>67355113
Whoops, already answered. Nothing wrong.
>>
>>67355113
Besides the first ten minutes and the last five, Superman and Batman's time was fairly equally divided. In the beginning and end of the movie, it's all Batman.

Wonder Woman only has dialogue with Batman. I can't stress enough that I am not exaggerating at all. She literally only speaks to Batman. One other character addresses her, and she ignores that character. She appears once at a party and has a few lines, again at a second party with a few lines, once in her home or hotel room or something with zero lines, and then before the final climactic fight she sees something happening on a plane with zero lines. Then there's the fight, with zero lines, and then in the final five minutes she has a few lines with Batman.
>>
>>67354548
M-M-Marzipan :(
>>
>>67354548
How I love walking up those stairs. eat shit everyone else, you don't have an astor to be snug in.
>>
>>67353459
was Ben a good Batman?

does Superman die and come back to life at the end?

how was Doomsday treated?
>>
>>67355127
>MoS
>critically acclaimed

what? just because you guys are dcfags it doesn't mean you are critics too
>>
>>67355330
He was a good Batman, average Bruce Wayne.

Yeah.

He was just kind of...there.
>>
>>67355330
>was Ben a good Batman?
Yes. He was also a good Bruce Wayne, though we didn't see too much of it.

>does Superman die and come back to life at the end?
He dies, and does not come back to life. Which is good. Very Wrath of Khan. You know he'll be back, but they'll do it in the next movie instead of Into Darkness's approach of bringing Kirk back in the same movie he died in.

>how was Doomsday treated?
He has no dialogue. He is created by Lex Luthor bleeding on Zod's body and then putting Zod's bloodsoaked body into a Matrix-style egg thing, where the body mutates into Doomsday. Doomsday has no bone spikes to begin with, they sprout from his wounds whenever he is injured. He has maybe ten minutes of screentime before being killed.

>>67355378
Read what I said. I said even if it were critically acclaimed, it would still have been a bad idea, and it's an even worse idea because it was not critically acclaimed.
>>
>>67353459
Does edgy leto make an apperance?
>>
>>67355474
No, though as you would've seen in the trailer, the Joker-grafittied Robin costume appears for about three seconds.
>>
>>67355330
no. he was like a fucking brute
snyder can't even read the comics, batman masacred thugs like it was just nothing
>>
>>67355378
>i can't read
>>
>>67353459

Fuck off, I'm from australia and the movie hasn't open yet
>>
If I like Transformers movies will I like this?
>>
>>67353459
Did they say something about Robit? Is he The Joker ?
>>
>>67355511

that's the real Batman, tho, not some Nolan fruit
>>
>>67355511
I was fine with that. As long as it's internally consistent, it's okay with me.
I was fine with Nolan's Batman killing Dent and Talia. What I wasn't fine with is him doing so while maintaining that he "never kills".

Different versions of characters can behave differently. It's hypocrisy that ruins the characters.
And yeah, Batman kills in Batman v Superman. A lot. Like, a fucking lot. He blows bad guys up by the dozens. He explodes them, and drops cars on top of them. He stabs them and shoots them - though, to be fair, I don't think we see him fatally stabbing or shooting anyone. Definitely 'splodes them, though.

>>67355534
It's currently 4:30am, I saw the 12am and it ended around 2:45am. Dunno what to tell you, buddy. Movies generally open on Thursdays and the bigger ones get midnight screenings.

>>67355536
The first Transformers movie was significantly better than this.

>>67355599
Robin is never mentioned, but you do see the suit for a moment. The Joker is not mentioned at all, but the "ha ha ha" bit is written over Robin's suit, as we saw in the trailers.
>>
>>67355644
>The first Transformers movie was significantly better than this.
didnt care too much for the first, talking about the last two. I dont care about story that much, I can "go with it". How are the special FX?
>>
File: 1450769722625.jpg (131 KB, 1400x800) Image search: [Google]
1450769722625.jpg
131 KB, 1400x800
>>67353958
>Batman has about six throughout the movie
>Batman
>has
>6
>dream
>sequences

this movie just sounds fucking stupid
>>
>>67355644
Hasn't every movie Batman aside from Clooney killed at least one person in their films?

And Batman and Robin is supposed to be a sequel to Forever, which itself is a loose sequel to '89 Batman and Returns, so even Clooney Bat has some blood on his hands.
>>
File: thumbsupm8.jpg (74 KB, 478x600) Image search: [Google]
thumbsupm8.jpg
74 KB, 478x600
>>67354752
>>
>>67355644
>The first Transformers movie was significantly better than this.

posting this buzzword comment, clearly haven't seen the film and is just shitposting
>>
>>67354839
It's not the editors fault that happens, its the script supervisors fault. The editor didn't decide to change his clothes, moron. Disgusting comment, horrible.
>>
>>67355673
The special effects are fine, but overdone.
All of the physical stuff like Superman flying and buildings collapsing all looks great, but then there are lots of lightning bolt explosions and fast cuts with fire and electricity and it's all just silly. Nothing's actually happening, it's just the actors' screams dubbed over big domed-shaped explosions of energy. I mean if you liked the final two Transformers movies then you might enjoy it but it really wasn't anything special.
Oh, and Doomsday looks fine.

>>67355711
Keaton definitely kills in both of his movies. Kilmer throws coins into the air while Two-Face is trying to catch his coin, which causes him to lose his balance and fall to his death - your call if that counts.
I don't believe Clooney killed anyone but I haven't seen that movie in a while.
Bale obviously blew up the League of Shadows' headquarters, then tackled Harvey Dent out of a building and shot a missile at Talia's truck, killing her.

>>67355798
Okay, buddy. I was just answering his question.
>>
>>67355899
>Okay, buddy. I was just answering his question.

yeah because hating on Michael Bay is not a meme, so saying that that the most hated franchaise ever has a better movie is not making you look like a troll

''oh yeah, transformers was better, this is my objective opinion''
>>
>>67354147
>Solid from Affleck, Eisenberg and Cavill. Adams is fine

nope. trash, all of them. especially eisenberg.
>>
>>67355895
I don't think you know how anything works.
And his clothes did not change - that was the problem.
The scene was obviously written, before being split up across the film by the editor in order to space the Doomsday plot out, instead of just having it at the very beginning and end of the movie.

Perhaps after you actually watch the film you'll see what I mean.

>>67355944
The first Transformers movie was fine, and that is my opinion, yes. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here - unless you're not trying to make a point at all and are simply being a dick.
His question was "If I like Transformers movies will I like this?", and I think it's well within the bounds of answering that question to say that the first Transformers movie, in my opinion, was better.

>>67356004
Lots of Eisenberg hate. Thought he was one of the only good parts of the movie. The actor, not the character. Terrible lines.
>>
>>67356041
>His question was "If I like Transformers movies will I like this?", and I think it's well within the bounds of answering that question to say that the first Transformers movie, in my opinion, was better.
We all know the first and second transformers are nothing compared to 3/4
>>
>>67355895
yup, the editor decided to change the scene, it was all him. He had final say. It wasn't a movie by fucking committee or anything.
>>
>>67353459
You have it on point OP, it was the editing that killed this mov such a shame too cause there were some pretty great parts but
>the batmobile chase scene
>the desert fight
>the wonderwoman literally anything other than posing

whyyyyyyyy
>>
>>67354425
>can't speak English
kidding right?
>>
>>67356004
>eisenberg.
has eisenberg ever been good in anything?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
Batman v Superman Full Movie 720p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBN-_OBq_Gc
>>
>>67353459
Forgettable music, the soindtrack is 9/10, report thread guys this bullshit
>>
File: JUST.png (183 KB, 742x350) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
183 KB, 742x350
>>67353459
>3/10 is a fair rating
>forgettable music
>bright lights and fast cuts and some massively bad editing.

From the director of Suckerpunch. I expect nothing good will come out from him.
>>
how does it compare to Watchmen?
talking about pacing, style and coherence
>>
>>67358637
literally better in every aspect imaginable
>>
>>67358478
i liked suckerpunch - will i like this?
>>
if i liked MoS and Watchmen but hated sockerpunch will i like this?
>>
>>67358374
what?
>>
>>67358374
I just watched it. No wonder it's getting bad reviews.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.