[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nothing happens: the show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 14
Nothing happens: the show
>>
>>67352196

>he fell for the BrBra maymay
>>
Can no one these days enjoy a slow paced black humor tragedy with the most compelling cast on tv?
>>
File: 1453326284613.png (6 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1453326284613.png
6 KB, 168x200
>neo tv will defend this boring lawyer shit
>>
>>67352334
The problem is that it's shit. I watched the first episode of this new season and remembered that it was boring and shitty and I feel no investment in the story because I've seen Breaking Bad.

>mad men ended and we're left with this shit and twd
>>
>>67352196
>>67352265
>>67352364
>>67352371

Pleb: the opinion
>>
>>67352334
Kids like OP are growing up in the smartphone society where even in social events, everyone is staring at their phones. Their attention span is just that shitty.

Don't blame them.
>>
>>67352411
>>67352409
neo tv fuck off to reddit
>>
>>67352334

The ADD-addled minds of /tv/ only liked Breaking Bad because of all the guns and explosions. Character dramas are boring to them. That's why people only talk about 30-minute sitcoms, Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead.

I haven't even seen a decent Mad Men thread in weeks.
>>
File: 1452935675406.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1452935675406.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>b-but it has Mike in it
>>
I wish it would air twice a week.

Waiting a week between episodes is like volunteering to have blue balls. I love the show, but the burn is slooooow.
>>
You faggots say its better than Brba (which it isnt) but like the moments best that are most like brba

Also brba had a lot of slow moments too, id suggest rewatch it before you judge
>>
>>67352196
this so much
>>
>>67352334
>most compelling cast on tv

I like the show but no, not really
>>
>>67352988
Breaking Bad kinda sucked before Season 3, though
>>
>>67353344
What about Krazy-8 and Tuco storylines? I gotta agree that it got better every season tho
>>
>>67352334
The sad thing is that BB has better black humour and is funnier in general.

I wanted to love BCS but so far I only kinda like it
>>
>>67352752
What does Mike even do in BCS? I like the actor, but he looks like he's dying. Everytime he's on screen I'm concerned for his health.
>>
honestly I find this show watchable as fuck, but I definitely expected a lot more progression. we need new characters too, I hope jimmy's new assistant/babysitter becomes more relevant
>>
The twins appearing in the most recent epsiode was one of the most blatant attempts at fan service in the history of television.

In Breaking Bad they crawl through a town pray to the shrine of death they abandon a car worth tens of thousands of dollars, walk miles in the desert, they hitch a ride on a truck with illegal immigrants and proceed to kill every single one of them and burn the remains. All this in order to kill an armed DEA agent right outside the DEA building in revenge for killing Tuco.

But then in BCS, they turn up with no fanfare at all in order to intimidate an old man into dropping charges. Just to pander to fanboys who want 'muh badass mute twins'
>>
they need to stop with the scam scenes, they're cringe as fuck
>>
>watched season 1 when it was airing, having to wait a week for an episode was bad because of how slow the burn is
>binge watch season 2
>it's even slower and even less things have happened

I'm glad I didn't watch it as soon as it aired.
>>
>>67353845
I'm not one of those muh explosions people, but the shit really is moving slow.
>>
>>67352196
It's the only thing on tv worth watching right now.
>>
File: MikeS5.jpg (160 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
MikeS5.jpg
160 KB, 750x1000
This whole mike being some badass macguyver/james bond hybrid is really straining my suspension of disbelief.

So he uses doormat to ascertain two men are in his house instead of a hidden security camera, which is the superior long term solution.

Ok he knows two guys are in his house now. So what? They could be hiding anywhere in the dark. Apparently Mike also has xray, night vision, and 5 seconds of prescience
>>
literally DUDE REMEMBER THIS FROM BREAKING BAD? LMAO the show
>>
>filler
>monologues
>pointless scenes that contain important exposition, foreshadowing, metaphors and similes, that take way too long to get the point across
>staring
>more staring
>walking
>more walking
>staring and walking
>shots from afar

You could quite easily half the length of the season if you cut out all the bullshit.
>>
>>67352196
>hurr durr where da explosions at?
>>
>>67353932
Is anyone else concerned for Mike? The guy playing him looks like he'll just drop dead any minute. He really looks like he's dying.
>>
The fact that it's a prequel makes it boring
>>
>>67353800
This.
>>
>>67354041
He looks great for 68, he's just not a handsome dude
>>
Are the twins the Brother Mouzone of BB?

And did anyone else notice Shweiker's multicolored beard?
>>
>>67354081
Is Walt handsome to you? I'm just curious.
>>
>>67354157
Not really
>>
>>67352988
You're fucking retarded
>>
The show needs more Mexiqts
>>
>>67352334
Can you point me towards one?
>>
>>67353800
I understand this perspective, but also remember that the twins didn't really do anything because the whole Mike thing wasn't a big deal. The point of them going to kill Hank was that it was a bit of a passion project in that the cartel really had nothing to gain. In this case they were simple enforcers, they didn't need to make it super dramatic.

I will say though that this show needs to focus more on creating new characters than these callbacks. but this show definitely does not pander to fanboys, besides the occasional silly breaking bad reference
>>
Not to sound gay or anything, but I think the guy who plays Walt is handsome. Crazy 8 and Walt Jr. were also handsome.

Even with Cerebral Palsy, your panties still get soaked.
>>
>>67354293
Bryan Cranston, with hair, is handsome
>>
>>67353993
have you ever read a book, or are you more of a "fast and furious" kinda guy?
>>
>>67352411
People who think fast get bored quickly
>>
File: WP-MichaelMando-620x400.jpg (45 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
WP-MichaelMando-620x400.jpg
45 KB, 620x400
>>67354293
only taco is handsome

He looks like carl drogo lite
>>
>>67354293
nacho is almosy handsome but something is off

kim wexler is hot but uncredibly masculine
>>
>>67354383
He has crazy eyes
>>
It's not even nothing happens, what pisses me off is that what is happening with Jimmy is just a retread of season 1

Season 1:
>Jimmy is unhappy in his job, he wants to let loose, but feels he can't because of his brother and his work place crush

Season 2:
>Jimmy is unhappy in his job, he wants to let loose, but feels he can't because of his work place crush

And it'll probably end in much the same way. Jimmy decides to throw caution to the wind and become the bad ass lawyer he always wanted to be!
>>
Who would you rather have doggystyle sex with, Andrea from BB or Kim?
>>
>>67354448
Kim, obviously. How is this even a question?
>>
>>67354432
You could not be more wrong.

Jimmy is unhappy with his job, but he also aspired to be in the position he's in (but at HHM, rather than Davis & Main).

If you can't even remotely see his character arcs are different, you're an idiot.
>>
Ive never seen Breaking Bad and I might do one day, but i've started watching this first

its really good and I can deal with it being slow because ive been hooked on the characters story

I just wish I would see Saul do more shady lawyer shit, and not just shady shit or just lawyer shit, that bit with the nerdy drug-dealer was really good
>>
>>67354464
Kim is too manly
>>
>>67354293
>Even with Cerebral Palsy, your panties still get soaked.

If you're wearing panties you may be female anon. Check that shit out. The tell tale signs are obvious. Vagina, breasts, blood gushing out of you once a month.
>>
>>67354518
Holy fuck, 4chan really is filled with fucking teens.
>>
>>67354332
I don't like books.
Too much reading.

I like brevity.
>>
First season was great this season seems really slow, there's no real conflict right now with Jimmy He's no longer a stuggling lawyer which is what made season 1 good. That and working with Mike and the weird clients.
>>
File: 22.jpg (123 KB, 1604x903) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
123 KB, 1604x903
>it's a "Mike's actor dies because the show is 5 seasons in with still no sign of an end" episode
>>
>>67354559
>hurr Kim is automatically more attractive because she's white and blonde
>>
>>67354662
What? Are you literally retarded?
I did not say anything about skin color or the color of her hair having anything to do with it.

And even if I did, I would be right, you fucking shitskin fuck, go back to /b/.
>>
>>67353932

>So he uses doormat to ascertain two men are in his house instead of a hidden security camera, which is the superior long term solution.

It's also a far more expensive and time consuming. He'd need to buy the camera, storage media for the video, find means to check the footage from outside his house and also know how to set up the entire thing in a few hours.
>>
>>67352196
>Show about a guy named Saul Goodman
>His name isn't Saul Goodman

smfh
>>
>>67353800
It was a super market not the DEA building.
>>
>>67354694
You proved me right, you gay faggot.

You got insecure about being a tranny lover so you went right for an autistic racial slur, even though I'm white
>>
>>67352334
see
>>67352441
>>67352411
>>
only reason plebs defends this show is because they didnt watch breaking bad when it was airing and they want bcs to be their own brba.show has terrible pacing and a lack of humor.
>>
Don't know why everyone finds Kim Wexler hot. I hate women with manly voices and women with better careers intimidate me
>>
>>67354707
>smfh
Holy shit just fuck off to twitter already you dumb cunt.
>>
I like the show even though it moves very slow.

But Saul was much more funnie rin BB. Like his humor etc. I hope it get sbetter that way
>>
>>67354834
Wanna f**king start huh? Well i'm right f**king here buddy!
*shoves you aggressively*
>>
>>67354383
DALE
>>
>>67354806
Well maybe others aren't as pathetic as you?
>>
>>67354834
calm that shit down bruh

you don't want me to get mad
>>
Does Kim have smelly feet?
>>
>>67354999
heh....
>tilt my head down so that the brim of my fedora casts a mysterious shadow on my face
You sure about that?
>before the poor fool can answer, I leap 13 feet into the air
>somersault over the clueless creature as I unsheath my katana
>deliver one fatal swipe of my masterwork blade with a satisfying, split second *swish*
>land in a mysterious crouching pose, my face still shaded mystically
>assailant collapses in two halves
HEH.....Guess you were only half sure
>put my katana back in its scabbard
>twirl and make my cape wave in the wind to formally conclude the engagement
....See ya....wouldn't wanna be ya.....HEH
>walk off mysteriously into the shadows
>>
>>67355107
>He's a foot fag
There's a special place in hell for your kind.
>>
>>67355237
you're just mad that you don't have a qt gf who gives you footjobs?
>>
>>67352334
See the thing is here is there is practically nothing compelling about the cast or the characters they portray. The "black humor" is laughable and forced, of the "HEY REMEMBER BREAKING BAD" variety.

There is nothing wrong with slow burn character development. The thing is though there has to be a payoff at some point. This show has no fucking payoff. It follows the exact same formula as the last few seasons of Breaking Bad

>resolution of the previous weeks cliffhanger
>tons of filler and padding for 45 minutes
>exciting scene to reel you in for next week
>rinse and repeat
>>
I appreciate the fact that it has its own unique rhythm and pacing, but I wish it was a little bit more focused towards a specific narrative goal.

The characters in BrBa had very clear conflicts and objectives, while here everyone is just sort of doing ''stuff'' with the occasional BrBa callback thrown in. And then there are the longueurs.
>>
File: file.png (128 KB, 390x399) Image search: [Google]
file.png
128 KB, 390x399
I literally just realised that Kim is the actress who plays the lead role in My Girl
>>
>>67352196

funny, during the last episode I was ''there is a lot goin on in this show!''

its great!
>>
>>67352196
>Saul GoTodMan
>>
>>67353993

jesus fuck, go watch Age of Ultron then you pleb

basically shitting on story telling in general
>>
wow the actress who plays kim aged pretty well, she was born 10 years earlier than I guessed
>>
>>67355438
>butthurt baby

Better Call Saul just doesn't stack up against actual slow burn's done right, with actual character development and compelling characters. BCS is exactly how you don't do "slow burn character drama".
>>
>>67355363
i like the show but this is a valid criticism and you have to be joking. at the end i felt like they stretched a 10-15min plot to an hour
>>
>>67355546
>>67355549
>Dae love transformers xD
Fucking plebs
>>
>>67352334
Cause /tv/ needs pretty colors and explosions
>>
Does anyone else find the age gap between Chuck and Jimmy to be unusual?
>>
>>67355653
>memes xD

BCS keeps treading over the same water. Gilligan admittedly has no idea where the show is going or how Jimmy will become Saul. I thought he would have learned his lesson after BrBa season 5, but it seems Bravo Vince has struck again.
>>
The absolute GEEKS who decide to go the other extreme of the spectrum and pretend the legitimate complainers only care about "explosions" are the dirt worst.

Mad Men is a low-key type of show, but at least events occur in it that tangibly add something to the body of the show. Better Call Saul is simply spinning its wheels constantly repeating the same couple of ideas they've been doing since Season 1 Episode 1.

That's why it sucks. That's why it's mediocre. And that's why Vince should just stick to cinematography instead of co-heading another show.
>>
File: tay swift legs 2.jpg (213 KB, 1789x1208) Image search: [Google]
tay swift legs 2.jpg
213 KB, 1789x1208
>you will never worship TaySways feet
>>
>>67355468
I guessed 40, three years earlier then I guessed.
>>
>>67352196
is great, better than BB
>>
>>67355966
whats the critera for nice feet?
i dont get it.
>>
>>67356079
>small to medium
>proportionate
>nice toes
>smelly but not too smelly
>white, Latina, or Asian
>>
>>67355951
Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire are examples of the right way to handle "character drama" or "slow burn". BCS is the other end of the spectrum.
>>
>>67354282
The problem with this is people complain either way.
>ew fan pandering
is one side

and

>where are these characters in BB if we're in Albuquerque?

there's no way to win with the people on this board
>>
>Season 2
>6 episodes
>Saul gets a new job but hates it
>Does a shitty advert that his superiors don't like
>Accidentally fucks Kim over by doing this
>Mike starts working with Nacho to fuck tuco over

They took 6 hours to say this?
>>
After reading all this thread because I'm a loser with no life I agree, the storytelling is wrong and the author clearly has no idea how Jimmy will become Saul, or rather - he wants to stretch it as long as possible.
>>
>>67356377
>he wants to stretch it as long as possible

All of this was basically said outright on the first "Talking Saul" segment. The direct quotes from Gilligan are both shameless and disgusting.
>>
I get that they want to do an origin story, but why do they stretch it so much?
For example, last episode we are told several times that Jimmy hates his job and doesn't feel comfortable in his new life. This episode began with a 7 minute sequence showing us again that Jimmy does not feel comfortable with his new life.
They would probably make more money if they made Jimmy's origin story about 2 seasons long and the rest could be cases he took as Saul.
>>
>>67354662
CIS
>>
>>67356470
Myself, and I think many others, were under the impression that Season 1 was the origin story, especially given the ending of Marco, what he says to Mike, humming "Smoke on the Water". To me, all that mixed together said "fuck this, I'm Saul Goodman". Now that would have been a nice slow burn, a good character drama. Nine hours of tension and build up all leading to those great last few scenes in episode 10.

But then they decided to shit all over that and now everything I thought they had achieved in doing that, is meaningless. Thanks AMC, I don't know why I'm still surprised by your shifty underhanded bait and switch business tactics.
>>
>>67352411
>Kids like OP are growing up in the smartphone society where even in social events, everyone is staring at their phones. Their attention span is just that shitty.

This. I can already picture the people complaining about this show being "boring" or "nothing happens", watching it while their eyes are glued to their laptop or smartphone. Then looking up after missing subtle facial cues and thinking "what's happening? This sucks"
>>
>>67352196
>I hate this show
>I'm going to watch it anyway and post how much I hate it
The spergs that roam this board literally have a mental illness
>>
>>67356698
There's nothing subtle about BCS. Jimmy looks like he's constipated half the time.
>>
>>67354282
>The point of them going to kill Hank was that it was a bit of a passion project in that the cartel really had nothing to gain. In this case they were simple enforcers, they didn't need to make it super dramatic.
The point of them going after Hank was because Gus wouldn't allow them to kill Walt because he needed Walt to cook. So, he sent them after Hank thinking that Hank could kill or critically wound them.

They traveled from Mexico to Albuquerque to kill Walt for revenge on Tuco's death.
>>
>>67352441
>my country's Netflix still doesn't have season 7
>dvd nowhere to be found
>>
>>67356444
I don't see any malice in this, money is money and business is business. But you can't stretch a thing by making it boring, you have to do it the right way - more plots, more twists, basically add more things so I'm entertained. That's what's it's all about, right?
>>
>>67352196
pleb filter: the show
>>
>>67353800
>Tuco gets killed
>go apeshit for revenge

>Tuco gets put behind bars
>mild but sound intimidation

Yeah man fuck logic
>>
>>67356932
>my country's Netflix still doesn't have season 7

>Not using a proxy
>2016
>>
>>67352196
>the retarded redditors itt defending this trash with "u dun understand it its cuz u a add millenial!!!!11"

no. it's because it's trash.
>>
>>67356939
>But you can't stretch a thing by making it boring

And that's exactly what they are doing. Filling it up with mindless scenes redressed from previous episodes.
>>
>>67353934
literally DUDE I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF VALUE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD! LMAO: The Post
>>
>>67354383
>Did I ever tell you the definition... of insanity?
>>
>>67356989
>plebs think it is amazing television
>"omg look nothing of any actual substance is happening, this shit is deep"

The truest plebe filter
>>
>>67352334
There wasn't even anything funny or interesting happening in the nothingness of the last episode.
>>
>>67356932
>>67357010
Why don't you just torrent the whole season
>>
>>67357265
I am extremely lazy and thought a monthly subscription would suffice

besides, they're cracking down on torrent users rn
>>
>>67357231
You sure know an awful lot about that site for a /tv/shitposter
>>
>Better Call Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
It's obviously a great show but you do need to be socially competent to enjoy it. I made the mistake of going into a 4chan stream last episode and whenever I minimized the full screen there were people talking and repeating memes in the chat while the show was on. That's the type of brain dead kiddie you're arguing with here.
>>
>literally dedicate an entire episode to filming an advertisement for a retirement home lawsuit

bravo vince
>>
>>67356698
I never do that when i'm watching a show and it's still boring and nothing happens.
Even the writers ended up adding Mike's storyline cause they know Jimmy's storyline is not getting anywhere.
It will probably get cancelled and the "it's bettah than breaking bad" meme will end.
>>
ITT: a lot of people who would feel much more comfortable watching a Michael Bay movie.

If you have difficulties in concentrating and sustaining your attention for large periods of time you probably have lower than average intelligence.

Is no wonder that we have so much people that fall in love with Marvel and other dumb superheroes movies (and make the producers of this trash rich), or that we have so much Fast and Furious franchise films and Transformers films – if the average IQ is of 100 points we sure have a lot of dumb and ape-like people walking on the face of the Earth.
>>
>>67357634
You should probably go to TheMetaPicture.com
>>
>>67352196
Yeah I'm getting bored of it now. I use it for background whilst I'm on my phone or computer.
>>
>>67357634
Except BCS panders to faggots like you who only look for a faux depth to feel "above" your capeshit bretherin. It's some entry level fedora stuff. If you actually think BCS is good, and deep, or whatever, you're probably an edgy angsty 19 year old who is probably trying to distance himself from all the "shit" your friends watch, as if you're above it.
>>
File: Vince-Gilligan-008[1].jpg (20 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Vince-Gilligan-008[1].jpg
20 KB, 460x276
I trust this guy.
>>
>>67357634
BCS is the same tier of entertainment as capeshit, sorry bud
>>
>>67357634
We shouls start asking:

>Your IQ
>Are you enjoying Better Call Saul

I'll Start:

>125
>Yes
>>
>>67357859
Why?
>>
>>67357443
/thread
>>
>>67357817
>>67357859

This level of insecurity is pure comedy. The same stock damage control as is always done in defense of things like this. You don't like BCS because you're stupid add-riddled teenagers, end of story.
>>
>>67357940
lmao your IQ is not 125
>>
>>67354267
nice argument my man
>>
>>67357940
>dunno
>fuck yeah, its only getting better
>>
>>67352196
Nothing: the post
>>
>>67357817
>If you actually think BCS is good, and deep, or whatever,

I am not particularly fanatic about it, no, but it is a real fact of life that, if a show or movie concentrates more on dialogue and character development, then we get a lot of people complaining that it lacks action and “stuff happening”.

I am not even that refined when it comes to films: I like The Dark Knight and Watchmen as much as the next guy, but the fact that so many superhero movies make the fortunes that they make, and that franchises like Transformers and The Fast and The Furious keep going forward and earning a lot of money – this is actually quite frightening, for it proves that people are actually dumber than one even dare to dream.
>>
>>67357940
>Being a NEET
>Browsing 4chan
>IQ 125
>>
>>67352196
This show is not for kids.
>>
>>67357967
>anything being more stock than "lol you don't like this show so that must mean ur a teenager go back to 9gag kid"

people only pretend to like BCS
>>
>>67358054
/thread
>>
Why do we so many scenes with Kim and Hamlin HQ??

She's sexy as fuck but come on.. the filler Hamlin scenes take up 80% of the episodes and don't even have Jimmy in them.

>>67352752
Even his parts are boring as fuck now.
>dude granddaughter ayy
now there's those fucking stupid meme Mexican twins are in it, fucking hell.. this shows dropped quality so hard.
>>
>>67358067

That's not stock, it's because it's an objectively great show. You're a child if you don't like it.
>>
>>67358067
are you fucking kidding me? I'm currently only watching 3 shows. walking dead, Vikings, and bcs... bcs its the best desu
>>
>>67353932
This takes place in the late 90s/early 2000s? Everyone has a fucking flip phone and you expect him to have a hidden security cam with some way to check it outside his house?
>>
>>67358036
See, the problem here though is that despite there being a stronger concentration on dialogue and "character development", its meaningless and for nothing. It's there to give off the impression that there is depth, where actually there is none. BCS might be the most pretentious shows I've ever seen.

As I've said repeatedly throughout this thread, for examples of slow burn and character drama done right, check out Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men, respectively.
>>
>>67358044
I'm on vacation pham. Everyone is at home doing them hobbies.
>>
>>67357940
>126
>no
>>
I hope Jimmy fucks that QT lawyer girl

I want to see her plump white doughy ass
>>
>>67358230
yes.. they do f***
>>
>>67357940

I made that post:

>>67357634

I was recently tested by my doctor (I see a psychiatrist for some time to fight anxiety, although I am doing a lot of Cognitive Behavioral therapy on my own for some time and it’s been helping me more than anything) in an official IQ test. I didn’t want to do it because I was afraid that the result would make me feel bad about myself. He insisted, so I made the test.

Got a not very impressive result:

>130

If I stop and think that there are many people out there with IQ’s of 160, 170, 180, I feel a little bad about myself. I will keep working hard and practicing my art (I like to write, but not in English, but Italian, my mother tongue) as if I have mever made that IQ test. I could have gotten 100 points or 180 points, no matter: I would still keep indulging in the same disciplined routine of working, writing and revising.

>>67357940
>>Are you enjoying Better Call Saul

Yes.
>>
>>67358265
I mean the assistant he has watching him
>>
>>67357975
>>67358044

Is 125 a high IQ?
>>
>>67358134
BCS might be the best of that much, but that isn't saying a whole hell of a lot. You must be pulling my leg

>>67358115
the insecurity is palpable. It is stock. Anytime anything is remotely derided as "boring shit" sperglords like you come out of the woodwork shouting about Transformers and capeshit. This show is specifically designed at kids who want to feel smart for liking a show where literally nothing happens. They're pandering to the same crowd that thought Breaking Bad was groundbreaking and high class drama.
>>
>>67358340
>she will never tell you she wants to review docs with you after everyone else has left the office
>>
>>67358340
that girl? she annoys me
>>
>>67358340
seeing her annoys me
>>
>>67358290
>putting any kind of stock in Intelligence Quota exams
>fretting and worrying like an autist, about people you'll never meet
>that post format

See this is the kind of pretentious retard who thinks he "enjoys" BCS
>>
>>67358440
anon, would you be so kind as to explain what the show lacks that makes you repudiate it
>>
>>67358364

>This show is specifically designed at kids who want to feel smart for liking a show where literally nothing happens. They're pandering to the same crowd that thought Breaking Bad was groundbreaking and high class drama.

That's an amazing level of delusion. You actually think kids are watching a show that bores kids so they can say they like it? That isn't how things work. You're a mentally retarded piece of shit who needs to take his ADHD meds. You don't like BCS because you have low intelligence and low maturity. Unfortunately for you, there are streams with hundreds of 4chan shitposters every week spamming a chat box during the show.
>>
>>67355351

Damn, you got me with that one. Close resemblance, though.
>>
>>67358440
>>fretting and worrying like an autist, about people you'll never meet

I am not autistic: I have a normal social life, a girlfriend, a job, etc.

But yes, I must admit I don’t have a healthy mental health. I don’t have autism or chronic shyness or social anxiety, but I do have great levels of general anxiety and performance anxiety (when it comes to working and writing), so I don’t really help the case for BCS that much.

>>67358440
>>putting any kind of stock in Intelligence Quota exams

I hope that IQ is not even near as meaningful as lots of researcher’s want them to be. I would feel better about the world and myself.
>>
>these are the same people that called Fly bad
>>
>>67358656
>t I don’t have a healthy mental health.

I don’t have a healthy mental situation
>>
>10 minute shots of Saul drinking cucumber water or just standing around
>10 minute montage of Kim running up and down the stairs making phone calls
>season 2 almost over, yet still no clear narrative has emerged

the Sandpiper thing gave me hope and then it just sort of fizzled out. have Saul do something, anything, inside a courtroom.
>>
>>67358540
No I think this board is chock full of trolls who don't actually watch anything and love to stir up shit wherever they can, as has been proven time and time again. I think teenagers and young adults are watching this show, not quite getting it, and because they don't get it, they misconstrue that as the show being deep, and therefor good. Do you follow?

As has been stated before, Gilligan is quite open with the facts that he has no idea where the show is going, no idea how Jimmy becomes Saul and no worry about getting there any time soon.

I actually watched all of season one. It was great. Very well done throughout, with only the occasional lame duck episode. There have been some episodes of season 2 that were of comparable quality. The last two episodes are pure stinkers though, having fallen into the tried and true Breaking Bad formula.

I also don't watch this show with 4chan, on any one of the many streams, with all the other mongoloids. When I watch something, it's with my 100% undivided attention. So I'm not missing anything. The show is just lazy and halfassed, simple as that.
>>
>>67356630
You mean the legal dispute with an old person's home over billing clients hasn't riveted you?? Go watch some explosions.
>>
>>67352196
Sorry, OP here; posted the wrong pic
>>
>>67355286
>wanting footjobs

confirmed virgin
>>
>>67352196
>We follow the story of a struggling lawyer trying to make ends meet and get a reputation in law.
>He has rivals that stand in his way and which he butts heads with.
>He faces difficult choices morally and professionally.
>It's revealed his biggest rival is his brother.
>Nothing happens.
>Eventually Mike gets more involved.
>Turns out he's not just some parking attendant, but does cash in hand bodyguard work.
>He does the wrong job and ends up at odds with a brutal cartel.
>He has to fend off/negotiate with the Cartel.
>Nothing happens.
>>
>>67358846
You mean the legal dispute that has been largely side stepped entirely this season, save for a few commercials?
>>
>>67358763
The narrative is pretty clear: Kim and Jimmy's romance is developing, Mike's got the thing with the cartel, we're starting to see Jimmy become Saul as he struggles between being a lawyer and a "criminal" lawyer. Jimmy has the ongoing dispute with his brother, he's trying to get him to open up and be straightforward with him et cetera.

This is a troll thread, right?
>>
What happened to mikes wife?
>>
>>67359001
>as he struggles between being a lawyer and a ''criminal'' lawyer

Well for one thing we already know he's going to end up as Saul, who is basically Slippin' Jimmy, a character that we've already seen. He's just taking a short detour into being a respectable lawyer, which we know won't pan out.

The cartel problem Mike has lacks any real tension. We know that no serious bodily harm will come towards any of the main players, except for maybe the old man who eventually ends up in a wheelchair.
>>
Better Call Saul? More like Better CALL NOW, AND WE'LL TRIPLE THE OFFER!

https://youtu.be/JpqiyFPdHZ4
>>
File: 1454903771160.jpg (348 KB, 1559x803) Image search: [Google]
1454903771160.jpg
348 KB, 1559x803
>>67357940
>IQ
>reliable method of measuring intelligence
This board is definitely infested with children that print out certificates from free online IQ test sites and hang them on the basement wall to feel better about not having any worthwhile skills or accomplishments.
>>
When Jimmy keeps trying to put that coffee cup he got from kim into that cup holder that is too small. Its jimmy trying to keep kim in his life even though it won't work out.
>>
>>67357629
Already got renewed for a season 3. Pulls solid ratings
>>
>>67358290
Isnt 128 technically genius
>>
>>67355438
there's way too much repetition and it just gets boring
>>
>>67352433
Right because the 17 supershit threads really don't speak to the quality and type of people on this board
>>
>>67359770

No, it cant be: it's way too low.

Do you have some source?
>>
>>67354448
Andrea without a doubt. Kim is like 50 and probably just lays there's because "I'm really tired and sore from work today.." give Andrea a bump of crystal and watch her go to town on you
>>
>>67356470
>make his origin like 2 seasons long
>2 seasons long
>2 seasons
>2
You realize this IS the second season you moron? You're getting literally what you say should happen and still complaining
>>
>>67359770

I don’t think so. My grades at school were terrible. I have already published a verse-drama and am working on a new one right now, but that is only because I have worked extremely hard to learn the techniques of writing and have pushed myself to actually sit down and do the work.

My first efforts on writing were not very good, but I have spent more than 13 years working on it almost daily, so in the end I knew a thing or two about poetry (metaphors, similes, metric, assonance, alliteration, etc.), plotting, character development, scene construction, and other major pillars of fiction.

I also graduated in Law, but the Law course is quite simple: you do not need much effort to accomplish it. But my past of terrible grades in Math and Physics torment me to this day. My grades in Math, for example, were 3,0 and 4,0s (and that out of 10). How can a person with so grave difficulties in Math have a high intelligence?

My IQ test does not mean anything. I hated school and did not made any effort to be a good student, but still: if I were as naturally gifted in logic as IQ scores want me to be I would not be getting myself bombed in so many testes (to the fury and despair of my parents).
>>
Posting one more time to repeat that yes, you can only enjoy the show if you're mature enough. Sorry kids
>>
>>67360439
Brofistone, Italiano!
>>
>>67352196
I actually really like Jimmy and Kim. I hate Mike's story.
>>
>>67360591
why, are you really into corporate law or something?
>>
>>67360591
During the first 2/3 episodes of season 2, I actually enjoyed more Mike's problems rather than the rest.
>>
>>67360544

Ciao amico, tutto bene? Un piacere di scrivere nella lingua più sonora, dolce e acusticamente-vellutato il mondo.
>>
>>67357098
literally DUDE I CAN'T SAY YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE IT'S SO FUCKING TRUE: the retort
>>
>>67360654
Not at all but i like the characters and i wished the show focused more on Jimmy's gray area of the law while slowly but consistently turning into Saul Goodman. I had enough criminal drama from BB.
>>
>>67360783
he was doing that last year, now it's back to square 0, though I assume things step up starting next week
>>
>>67358290
an IQ of 130 puts you in the top 2.5% of the entire population, with "very superior intelligence"
>>
>>67353932
Wat?, he turned on the tv to see where the bad guys are, where the hell did you take x-ray thing from? And the doormat, as said, is far more less expensive and time consuming
>>
>>67358353

>tfw 132
>>
>>67357817
breathe dude, the show isn't nearly as bad as you faggots make it seem
>>
>>67352334
It's called your life, senpai.
>>
>>67357975
lmao you can see the guy and asses his mental skills through his ID on 4chan? wow! they should just make a show about YOU! I'd watch it! Interesting!
>>
>>67358113
>another person complaining that Mike is just talking to someone
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>67361607
It's a bit worse

>Mad Men
>nothings happening so it's shit
>Better Call Saul
>nothings happening so it's amazing

you fools can't have it both ways
>>
>>67352196
Is BCS the ultimate pleb filter? It takes all the good stuff from Breaking Bad and removes the bombastic, pandering moments.
>>
>>67358265
>f***
>>
>>67361762
>removes the bombastic, pandering moments
False, Mike's scenes are still in it.
>>
>>67358763
Sanpiper isn't going to happen immediately, its a fucking lawsuit. Lawsuits take YEARS. You saw last episode how they pulled Jimmy's commercial but then made their own. Its progressing, you're just too retarded to see it.
>>
>>67358763

>10 minute montage of Kim running up and down the stairs making phone calls

This made me laugh because it actually happened and it was boring as shit.
>>
>>67358861
I watch both, and I don't even care when people complain about TWD because it is actual shit sometimes. I hate when people hate on this show because it's actually good.

I even just read that the Negan finale might be first person POV of the victim and then a fade to black. Who /walkingdead/ here
>>
/v/edditors have ruined this board: the thread
>>
>>67361749 (You)
>>
>>67361749

The difference is Mad Men doesnt have a single interesting character and the 50s time period or whatever the fuck it is sucks.

Also literally everyone in the show is ugly besides Hamm
>>
>>67352196
Is this a metaphor for the NEET life? (97% of /tv/)
>>
>>67362287
Pity reply.
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.