[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm glad BvS is shit. As a comics fan, I'm pretty fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1344122266800.jpg (58 KB, 259x274) Image search: [Google]
1344122266800.jpg
58 KB, 259x274
I'm glad BvS is shit.
As a comics fan, I'm pretty fucking tired of this dark and gritty 90s and early 2000s bullshit.
You know why Marvel wins? Because the movies are fucking fun.
You can't make Superman gritty and succeed. Learn this, WB
>>
>>67344219
But Marvel movies aren't fun, they're all boring and predictable because they never tried anything new.
I had more fun with Man of Steel than any Marvel movies.
>>
File: reign007b (1).jpg (59 KB, 348x318) Image search: [Google]
reign007b (1).jpg
59 KB, 348x318
>>67344219
>>
>>67344254
please tell me what Man of Steel did that was new.
>>
>>67344254
Any Iron Man movie is more enjoyable than watching Man of Steel.
>>
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that comic book fans want stale infantile movies that take no risks and are made by TV directors.
>>
But marvel movies aren't fun, they're just boring as hell
>>
>>67344314
>capeshit movies should cater to me instead to capeshit comics fans
>>
Agree, OP.
Imagine if they made it to Shazam.

>>67344254
>watching capeshit for the plot
cartoon-frog.sdr
>>
>>67344219
>quips every 10 seconds
>fun
>>
>>67344343
No, I agree. It's just when you get people from the world of film like Nolan and Snyder, of course they're going to have different aspirations. Not that they're any good either.
>>
I'll never forget the experience of watching Avengers with my dad. We usually go to the cinemas to watch mindless action movies just to be together and we had a blast, he looked like a kid when we got out of the cinema, talking about Hulk.
Can you get that with Man of Steel? No fucking way.
It's mindless? Yeah. Does it matter? No. I want entertainment and Marvel gives it.
>>
>>67344254
Marvel movies are shit though and aren't fun after your first one
>>
>>67344322
That's because half of them are shit riding on the good half's tailcoats.

IM1, GotG, WS and Ant Man are all top tier capeshit and fun movies that hold up well.

The first avengers starts to break down upon repeated viewing but when it first came out it was a cinematic experience (at the movies I mean).

Because of these the MCU has a reputation for fun and quips and stuff, even though the other films are actually just kind of unfun themselves.

The Good movies set the tone for the collective even if they seem outnumbered by the bad because everyone remembers them more. DC doesn't have a good movie to point to so the only thing people even have to remember are subpar superman movies, which is a shame because Supes is by far the most interesting Superhero from a literary standpoint and it should be easy to make a good movie about him.
>>
>>67344219
>You know why Marvel wins? Because the movies are fucking fun
>muh fun

Woman or millennial faggot detected.
>>
>>67344219
>Because the movies are fucking fun.
if I pay $15 to ironically watch a moderately bad movie just to be able to make fun of it with my buddies I'll feel scammed
>>
>>67344254
>because they never tried anything new.
>ww2 setting
>afghanistan
>sci-fi
>norse mythology
Each one of them explored some new idea or setting, even if it wasn't new for the characters themselves, they were new for most of the audience.
It certainly has provided more variety than
>9/11 times 100
>9/11 times 300
And so on.
>>
>>67344279
Any Paul WS Anderson movie is more enjoyable than watching Man of Steel.
>>
The movie didnt fail because of it tone or theme. It failed because of shit writer and shit director.
>>
>>67345970
Morbidly obese permavirgin spotted.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.