[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
File: trevor+noah+daily+show.jpg (43 KB, 434x345) Image search: [Google]
trevor+noah+daily+show.jpg
43 KB, 434x345
Anyone still watching it? After the Christmas break the show has gotten a lot better, his delivery and the jokes too.

Plus, let's face it, he had big shoes to fill, following after Jon Stewart is not an easy task.
>>
>>67333203

he looks kinda strained in the pic, he ok?
>>
As much as I hate saying this, I really think John Oliver completely took over the comedy talk show genre. He really was supposed to be the successor of Stewart and he really demonstrates it. All the hipster faggots talk about john oliver all day and I RARELY hear people even mention the daily show anymore.
>>
He's good
>>
>better
>>
i don't get why americans watch these liberal "comedians" like noah or current year man. they aren't smarter or funnier than the average liberal youtuber. these shows are extremely autistic. only people i know who unironically watches them are people with diagnozed autism.
>>
>>67333317
As much as I dislike current year man this is right, Oliver would have carried the show a lot better. He is basically just doing a copy of the show anyway.
The Daily Show used to be a significant show, now it just feels like a niche show that nobody cares about.
>>
im sure plenty of libshits tune in to learn how to think
>>
>>67333468
Do people care about the Oliver faggot? I don't know anyone that watches either of these homos and I knew a lot of people that used to watch Stewart.
>>
>>67333526
Oliver seems to do pretty well online, he gets millions of views on his youtube clips at least. Beyond that I'm clueless, I don't watch either of them either.
>>
>>67333526
It's not that, but its the fact that the shit Oliver says on his show actually makes the news and gets people talking. He markets his own show without commercials. Every week when /pol/ laughs at "ITS 2016 DONALD DRUMF" shit, it just makes another faggot want to watch the show. Trevor Noah never does anything to stir the shitpot like stewart used to. And he probably won't get cancelled for another 2-3 years until his show is completely dead
>>
>>67333526
Oliver gets tons of views on YouTube

I assume he is more popular.
>>
>>67333317
Ugh, I'm a filthy commie libertarian, and even I think John Oliver's show is complete shit. it's like watching SJW news or something.

I never raged harder in my entire life when he implied that Europe needs more migrants because "hurr durr muh demographics". That's when I stopped watching that garbage. And would you look at that, Brussels today got their just rewards for accepting muslims into their country.
Seriously fuck muslims.

>>67333468
Please. When Oliver replaced Stewart for a summer, I almost quit entirely watching the show. I've never seen a more bland, uninteresting, UNFUNNY host in my entire life. They should've just given the Daily Show to Jason Jones and Bee, at least they were original and funny to a decent degree.
>>
File: republicans lmao.png (35 KB, 640x497) Image search: [Google]
republicans lmao.png
35 KB, 640x497
John Stewart is personally responsible for the attitude of the modern liberal
>>
>>67333669
>commie libertarian
uhh what?
>>
>I don't know about you guys, but if anyone is to blame for the attacks in Brussels, it's Donald Trump and his white male supporters.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67333203

Official rankings of liberal political comedy shows:

Colbert Report > Real Time with Bill Maher > The Daily Show with Jon Stewart > Last Week Tonight with John Oliver > The Late Show with Stephen Colbert > The Daily Show with Trevor Noah > The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
>>
>>67333705
I'm libertarian. But the Amerilards usually call me a filthy commie whenever I contribute to any discussion with a political nature on 4chan.
>>
>>67333203
Is he still a liberal nigger? Yes? Well then I shall continue not watching it.
>>
>>67333732
Islam is the religion of peace :^)
>>
File: 552495s.png (8 KB, 1317x87) Image search: [Google]
552495s.png
8 KB, 1317x87
>>67333423

this fucking buffoon
>>
>>67333872
Bill Maher is the only one that I kinda respect. He does discussion with people, and has some lighthearted skits. He's not just shitting on everything he doesn't like, and often he, or one of his guests challenges a topic, and that has real value.

All these other guys can get fucked. Especially Larry Wilmore. He puts the "uppity" in uppity nigger.
>>
>>67333882

And so now you brand yourself with the title we pushed onto you? You OK?
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 211x244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 211x244
>>67333669
>commie libertarian
>>
>>67334127
>And so now you brand yourself with the title we pushed onto you? You OK?

I'm from eastern europe. I wear it as a badge of honor.
>>
>>67333203
Coming from a lefty, the whole show is fucking liberal trash
>>
>>67333423
They want to hear people with the same viewpoints make quips and shit on their "opposition"

Reminds me of my grandmother always tuning into The Five on Fox News

Young leftists are absolutely no different
>>
I feel The Daily Show is more popular. Comedy Central in my country (the Netherlands) airs TDS and not current year guys show, and over here everyone that watches seems to like Noah. Usually we're one of the first countries to adopt shows that are popular in the USA so aside from maybe the UK I think Oliver is not that big in Europe, most people I know, know him as the guy from Community.

Now I personally started off hating him but I've grown to like him. Haven't seen every episode, but he is a great host and the show still openly mocks MSM and at times also themselves. It really seems like he realizes that he can't take himself and the show too seriously and I admire that.

Tonights episode was funny
>item ridiculing the media for reporting about giving Trump free press time
>literally spends his entire political item on reporting about people complaining about trumps free press time

I kind of suspect him for being a secret Trump supporter.
>>
>>67334434
>Oliver is not that big in Europe
Of course not. Oliver is borderline retarded, but stupid people hear that accent and assume he's intelligent.
>>
>>67333203
I stopped watching a few years ago, but I'd usually watch clips posted by liberal blogs gloating over the big bad Republicans because Jon Stewart is spot-on, genuinely coming across as someone who actually cares rather than doing a job.

Trevor Noah doesn't excite me. He hasn't had a moment where he calls out Tucker Carlson, engages the other side so the audience can hear opposing views instead of dwelling in an echo chamber, and I think he was a diversity hire more than anything else.

Craig Kilborn's return would be more welcome than watching this ersatz Obama.
>>
File: pTR7f6D.jpg (345 KB, 1000x1278) Image search: [Google]
pTR7f6D.jpg
345 KB, 1000x1278
>>67334690
haha so true.
>>
I hate this nigger
>>
>>67333203
Samantha Bee is better. She has the comedic time down and doesn't rely on formulaic "Observe, analogy, IT IS THE CURRENT YEAR" john oliver.
>>
File: 1458699124065.jpg (64 KB, 628x664) Image search: [Google]
1458699124065.jpg
64 KB, 628x664
>>67334057
I have a grain of respect for Bill Maher because he legitimately hates Islam as much as he hates Christianity.

I will never, ever, ever understand the libfag "I am so tired of these sexist, homophobic, violent, oppressive Christfags. Now excuse me while I wholeheartedly embrace my Muslim brothers!" mentality.

I don't get how that ideal even exists, let alone how it's become so prominent. Like how can you PREFER these assholes to Christians?
>>
>>67334434
>aside from maybe the UK
Lefty in the UK here, I honestly don't know anyone who watches him and barely anyone who knows him and what I have seen of him pisses me off.
>>
>>67333203
You mean after John Leibowitz
>>
>>67335044
Maher is a Jew, he looks at things ideologically. The average leftists is all about signalling and hating the right. Islam nails both of those.
>le brown people can do no wrong
>le evil racist republicans
>>
Literally the only time i remember this shit show exists is when someone makes a post on /tv/ asking if we remember it exsits
>>
>I'M BLACK the show
>>
Also as others have said The people who enjoyed the daily show with jon Stewart moved on to john oliver.
His show regularly gets millions of views on youtube and he makes pol mad, trever noah and that other nigger arent even relevant enough to hate watch
>>
>>67333203
He is doing it like shit, he laugh at his own jokes and doesn't have ANY timing at all to when to deliver a joke and when to be serious and get people to laugh and reflect.

All the other people in the show have a better sense of timing and delivery of the same jokes written by the same team. Noah needs to be fired is being almost a year and he still suck at his job.
>>
>>67333317
Oliver is pretty terrible.

I think he's probably done some decent shows information wise but his "humor" is UNBEARABLY cringy and formulaic.

Every. Single. One. Is basically a ridiculous analogy for hyperbole. Its almost as bad as the big bang theory at this point.

I can't remember which episode it is, but I stopped watching once he covered something I actually personally knew a lot about. Cited a bunch of bullshit and now I know he has an intentional liberal bias.
>>
>>67333669

Why do you publicly flaunt your idiocy
>>
>>67335309
You must be thinking of the Larry Wilmore show. Speaking of which, are ratings for it still plummeting?
>>
>>67333669
>given the Daily Show to Jason Jones
1/10

you clearly never seen that episode he hosted. he was fucking awful.
>>
>>67335225
Bill Maher is not a Jew, and you are an idiot.
>>
>>67334894
>gets his hand free of the cuffs
>just reaches for unfinished beer.

LONDON, LITERALLY.
>>
>>67333317
Although Samantha Bee is not as popular, I feel she's way funnier than Oliver. I really get the old Daily Show vibe with her. Oliver does nothing but annoy me.
>>
>>67337357
I think I'm going to start attending Turning Point USA events after tonight's episode
there were a bunch of hot girls
>>
>>67333203
>Anyone still watching it?
>still watching it
>watching it
>still
>>
>>67336183
>Bill Maher is not a Jew, and you are an idiot.
>Bill Maher is not a Jew
>you are an idiot

he is dumbass. his mother is Jewish and his dad is Catholic. He LITERALLY has a joke about that. You're Jewish if your mother is Jewish

he says he's atheist but when someone says USA should stop supporting Israel he goes apeshit
>>
>>67333317

Fair point, but even as a lefty I got sick of the SJW stuff and "white washing". Some of his other shit was good though.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 331x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 331x333
>>67334017
>>67333932
>>67334961
>>67335783
>>
>>67335044

the sjws who defend islam are pro christian and anti atheist, because they're sympathetic towards other irrational religious movements
>>
>>67335044
>he legitimately hates Islam as much as he hates Christianity.
>Still shills for Israel
wow
>>
File: 1384712521147.jpg (20 KB, 403x395) Image search: [Google]
1384712521147.jpg
20 KB, 403x395
>>67333203
>big shoes to fill
>Jon Stewart

lol
>>
Yeah, I still watch The Daily Show. Trevor is no John Stewart, but, one has to remember, it's more about what the writers come up with.

Full Frontal w/Samantha B. is a lot like what the old Daily Show was like. My only objection is that because she's a woman, she thinks she can get away with being raunchy and gross, but if a man did the same thing, all the SJWs would come crawling out of the woodwork and say that it's gross and sexist. Still a good show despite that, though.
>>
>>67333317
This. Le current year crooked-toothed Brit is extremely popular, I've heard almost no one even mention the Daily Show since Leibowitz left.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.