[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this movie rated so high on plebflix? It was literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: p30586_p_v8_aa.jpg (576 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p30586_p_v8_aa.jpg
576 KB, 960x1440
Why is this movie rated so high on plebflix? It was literally a ton of violence and a few rapes

>inb4 angry brazilian shitposters
>>
It's a shitty film. Literally 'DINDU NUFFIN!'.

But it's acclaimed by white guilt cucks and Brazilians who have no other movie to acclaim.
>>
>>67315465
>>67315406
it was a very good movie, what are your problems with it?
>>
Because the cinematography is good and the characters and their motivations are relatable, plus based on true story.
>>
>>67315406
What didn't you like about it OP?
>>
>>67315669
I thought it was comically violent.
>>
>>67315698
So, just like Brazil?
>>
>>67315568
It was ok for the realistic depiction of a chimpout, but Tropa de Elite was better because it shows dindus getting btfo.
>>
It explores a different culture in a very fun and exciting way, and is about organized crime without asking you to sympathize with the criminals because its told from an outsiders POV.

The "oh-oh-oooh"s at the beginning of Kung-Fu Fighting will always sound sad to me after watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVV9QNVctAw
>>
>>67315406
>It was literally a ton of violence and a few rapes
And that's a negative why?

>Literally nothing happened
>It was literally just [two minor elements of the movie]
Find a new hobby.
>>
>>67315465
>Literally dindu nuffin
What? How? In what regard? It was pretty clear that everyone was engaging in wanton violence that couldn't be rationalized up to the point that they eventually just lost sight of what the gang war was even about and just perpetuated it out of habit.
>>
>>67315698
http://www.ibtimes.com/brazil-has-second-highest-murder-rate-children-teens-2007604

there's nothing "comic" about it
>>
its a story about violence, how some people were born into it, how its all they do, all they know, and how they shape newer generations into that same violence, creating a cycle

>>67315747
tropa was great, it showed the police side of things and managed to sneak in some family drama without being shit

also this, if anyone interested, filmed in 1993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij_RDrR0N3Y&list=PLD264795379B2DCD8
>>
>>67315406
The only thing that kind of gave me pause about it was when Rocket slept with the news editor lady. That seemed kind of sudden and out of left for an adult woman to proposition a poor ghetto boy for sex.
>>
>>67315465
>Literally 'DINDU NUFFIN!'.
Fucking what? How does that apply to anything? Even Knockout Nedm, the most morally upstanding character, wasn't portrayed as a saint.
>>
>>67315747
>chimpout
>dindu
>btfo
Let the grownups talk please.
>>
File: 1452524807255.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1452524807255.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
>>67315406
>>67315465

I smell millennial SJW plebs desu
Great movie is great hence it's high rating anywhere. Fucking shocker right?

But hey if you want to believe it's a conspiracy made by the Brazilian cinema industry be my fucking guest kids
>>
Because no other Brazilian productions became internationally famous other than Tropa de Elite, and because Brazilians relate to the movie.

The point was to be exceeedingly violent to shock the foreign audience and create a factible story for Brazilians to relate.

And reminder that the movie depicted favelas during the '70s. Shit is much worse now.
>>
>>67315919
To be really honest with you if the guy's sole aim in a movie is to watch "Dindus get btfo" or whatever then he's not operating on the mental level of an adult from the get go.
>>
File: 1456047466113.png (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456047466113.png
92 KB, 400x400
>>67315994
>And reminder that the movie depicted favelas during the '70s. Shit is much worse now.

Anything to back up that claim? you've been there in the seventies perhaps kid? Queres continuar essa discussaõ em português se calhar?
>>
>>67316136
Yeah, my dad is a retired cop.
>>
>>67315406
It's a very good movie. Under a lot of aspects. The story is basically Brazil - The Motion Pictute.
>>
>>67315919
Lmao cuck
>>
>>67316136
why american posters are so fucking retarded
>>
>>67316136
I've work off the coast of rio for the past 4 years. The shit in City of God is everyday activity
>>
SOOOO i have city of god in my top 10, would i like elite squad too? or will it ruin it for me
>>
>>67315465
>It's a shitty film. Literally 'DINDU NUFFIN!'.

It's actually the opposite. Everyone did something.
>>
>>67316136
It is pretty bad, mate. Cops shooting civilians all day erryday, crazy dealers throwing people to fucking alligators, dealers shooting civilians all day erryday, etc. etc.
>>
>>67317023
It's much better, but i found it so violent it was disturbing
>>
>>67315406
Wait i thought it was too good for netflix

dafuq

normie flick confirmed
>>
>>67317214
>alligators
>rio
Balanço minha cabeça pra ser bem honesto senpaiília.
>>
Why is Brazil so violent?
You have top tier beaches for swimming, surfing, fishing, mountains, rainforests, I just don't get it.
>>
>>67316136
É português? Não soa como carioca. Nem meu avô que faleceu com 97 anos a mais de uma decada atrás falava assim.

S situação no Rio até piorou, já que os bandidos favelados tem poder bélico superior aos de outrora.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.