[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Lynch/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: poster.jpg (129 KB, 784x966) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
129 KB, 784x966
What is Lynch's best movie and why is it pic related?
>>
It's actually Wild at Heart
>>
>10/10
inland empire
eraserhead
>9/10
lost highway
>8/10
mulholland drive
>7/10
wild at heart
>6/10
blue velvet
>5/10
dune
elephant man
>>
Blue Velvet is his best.
>>
>>67277058

Mulholland Dr is a much more perfect rendering of a similar idea with greater emotional heft and more thematic interest

Lost Highway is amazing but Mulholland is basically perfect
>>
Blue Velvet
>>
blue velvet is his most overrated
>>
File: sans-titre.pngsinges.png (914 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
sans-titre.pngsinges.png
914 KB, 800x531
>>67277178
>>
>>67277242
prove to me how it isnt

>shitty writing
>garbage acting
>trash characters

dennis hopper gives one of the cringiest performances in a movie i've ever seen. not only was his acting shitty and not at all scary, but it was so unbelievable and not in the traditional lynchian way. laura dern was horrible and isabella rosselini gives her worst performance.

the only good thing about this movie is the cinematography and the soundtrack. and yes i get that the movie works on multiple levels and its very metaphorical etc.. but the core of the film is shit that i don't even care about that stuff

please explain to me what makes it so great, i feel like i'm missing something
>>
> mfw youre a white male in his 20s
>>
in order

Mulholland Drive
Blue Velvet
Lost Highway
Inland Empire
Elephant Man
Fire Walk With Me
Eraserhead
Dune
Wild At Heart
The Straight Story
>>
>>67277058
His best film is Lost Highway because it has the perfect combination of horror, satire, romance, and the psychological. It's a puzzle box that never quite forms a perfect picture, but it's beautiful nonetheless. Every time you watch it, you'll discover something new and develop a new theory about it. Easily his most dense work.

Lost Highway>Blue Velvet>Eraserhead>Mulholland Drive>Inland Empire>Fire Walk With Me>Wild at Heart>The Elephant Man>The Straight Story>Dune
>>
>>67277343
You literally just don't get it. It's not your kind of film, move on
>>
>>67277654
explain to me what there is to get. i like a lot of his other movies and i feel like inland empire is a much "harder to get movie"

if you dont want to explain what there is to get about blue velvet (i highly doubt you could so you're probably going to reply with >spoonfeed me or some other meme) then at the very least explain to me why you like the movie so much?
>>
>>67277654
>blue velvet
>thinking there's anything to "get" about it
>>
>>67277654
i'm >>67277966
and still waiting for a response
>>
>>67277115
This desu senpai
>>
>>67277966
>>67278140
>>67278162
>/tv/ full of teenagers
Unsurprising
>>
>>67279966
>/tv/ not answering the question after being called out multiple tims
unsurprising

blue velvet is mediocre and only liked by redditors because its one of the few non shit lynch movies that arent hard to get
>>
>>67280017
>if I call others reddit maybe they'll think I don't post in /r/4chan
Cute
>>
>>67280034
you seem to evade the point of every post i make. i don't blame you, i always do that when im wrong about something
>>
>>67280086
>I always shitpost when I'm wrong
I can see that
>>
>>67280118
why do you like blue velvet :^)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.